TA path meta Achievement be gone oct 15?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Refresh.4386

Refresh.4386

Q:

Im trying to figure out if it going to disappear or not sent we got to keep the Tequila one’s it be kind of odd to take this one out even know it a permanent path.

Attachments:

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A:

Your answer is located in the patch notes and the preview for the release.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Your post is missing words.
If I understand your question the way I do, then the answer is: achievements under “Dungeons” are permanent and achievements under “Living World” are temporary (2 weeks time).

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Your post is missing words.
If I understand your question the way I do, then the answer is: achievements under “Dungeons” are permanent and achievements under “Living World” are temporary (2 weeks time).

Usually the living world ones that appear in the beggining of the month stay for the whole month, so that would be 4 weeks if I’m correct (I hope, I want that backpack for my engineer).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

The TA Aetherpath achievements for the Mini Clockheart are going to stay.

The other meta for the Slickpack will not.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rktlchr.8495

Rktlchr.8495

Yesterday I got the slick backpack without doing any of the achievements for the new TA path. I just needed to complete the 10 daily’s that added points to the meta.

Sinister Swarm [SIN]; Sanctum of Rall.
GTX460 Driver:337.88; i5 2500K 3.30 GHz; Z77X-UD3H; 8 Gb; Win 7 64 bit

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Just go do it now, it literally takes 30mins-2hrs to get it done.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Just go do it now, it literally takes 30mins-2hrs to get it done.

TA I won’t touch with a stick anymore. It took us 2 hours to finally fail that dungeon. Not fun. And I cannot do a dungeon every night, and mostly do those during the weekends. So, I really do hope this one stays 4 weeks, like all LS’s that start at the beginning of the month, as I will be stuck at 9/10 otherwise… (I hope to be able to do tomorrow’s non-TA dungeon). It would be nice if we got any definite news on it…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DeathDragon.5197

DeathDragon.5197

I too am hoping that it says a little past the 14th because I am only 3 achievements away form getting it and now the key maker one for today is busted too :-(

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

And this is…the 15th?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Im trying to figure out if it going to disappear or not sent we got to keep the Tequila one’s it be kind of odd to take this one out even know it a permanent path.

Yes.

Are you Shpongled?

in Twilight Assault

Ayrilana.1396

And this is…the 15th?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-1-2013/first#post2947468

The single achievement in the living story category will go away at the end of the month.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: GeminiArcher.7809

GeminiArcher.7809

The single achievement in the living story category will go away at the end of the month.

Your link doesn’t say anything on the subject of when it will go away.

in Twilight Assault

Ayrilana.1396

Your link doesn’t say anything on the subject of when it will go away.

Two separate things in my post. All living story updates that tart at the beginning of the month go for the entire month.

in Twilight Assault

GeminiArcher.7809

Just because that’s been the case so far doesn’t make it true forever. All the second living story updates we’ve had have been pretty obvious continuations of the first part (aside from last month which was SAB and thus obviously unrelated to anything else). It looks like we’re getting something completely different on Tuesday though. In fact, if Tuesday’s Halloween update is supposed to be the second part and will go away in two weeks to follow the pattern, the Halloween update will be gone before Halloween…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

All temporary content updates last a month, dont people pay attention anymore? Its a two week release schedule, with overlaping events. The event is “released” for a fortnight, then goes in to the two week overlap with the “new” release content. Its been this way for months.

in Twilight Assault

GeminiArcher.7809

Apparently people (you) don’t pay attention, since you just completely ignored everything I said in my post.

in Twilight Assault

Ayrilana.1396

It will likely extend out an extra week to November 4th which will put it back on its normal schedule. I believe this was exactly what happened last year. Except something similar to happen to the Wintersday living story as well.

in Twilight Assault

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It’s all conjecture at this point, as ANet simply refuses to answer. I will assume the worst, which is I’ll be forever stuck with 9/10 because the daily was borked yesterday. And I don’t see myself doing CM today (not enough people online at my playing time)

in Twilight Assault

Ayrilana.1396

It’s all conjecture at this point, as ANet simply refuses to answer. I will assume the worst, which is I’ll be forever stuck with 9/10 because the daily was borked yesterday. And I don’t see myself doing CM today (not enough people online at my playing time)

It goes by the TA specific dailies or by completing the achievements for the path. Doing a single run with the bonus events at the end will get you the living story meta achievement.

in Twilight Assault

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It goes by the TA specific dailies or by completing the achievements for the path. Doing a single run with the bonus events at the end will get you the living story meta achievement.

I did as much TA as I was able. This gave me 4 achievements (could be 5). There simply is no way I can get more achievements. If I cannot even do CM during a weekday, do you really think I can do TA?

in Twilight Assault

Ayrilana.1396

TA should be easier as people are still trying to do it. CM is a pain for most people since they don’t know the dungeon well.

in Twilight Assault

GeminiArcher.7809

There is no daily for the Twilight Assault meta today, so I think it’s probably safe to say that it’s finished come the update tomorrow.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

No, it’s not. I cannot find the end date information for the Twilight Assault living story meta achievement (Slick Pack reward) anywhere.

I did a search for “October” and “November” key words under the patch notes, both locations:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-twilight-assault/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-1-2013/first#post2951400

The guide:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-twilight-assault/

The release page:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-01-2013/

Nowhere does it list an end date

The only dates listed are the release notes date, the Minis Set 1 going away Oct. 14, and the PvP finishers going away Nov. 11

So if anyone has an actual source or if I’m blind and missed something, please quote the actual information from your page rather than just telling someone to go somewhere that does not have the information they’re asking for.

Now normally, I’d agree with everyone saying the meta lasts a month. But someone on reddit said that during the dev stream, they said the TA living story achievement would only last 2 weeks. Plus the living story dailies are now gone. So we’ve got conflicting information and no official information.

TL;DR: I cannot find an end date for the TA living story achievement, and all evidence is indicating it ends tomorrow even though traditionally the first-half-of-the-month meta lasts a month. Can someone please link and quote an actual source?