Grenth hood ruined.

Grenth hood ruined.

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Wizzmike.8072

Wizzmike.8072

Sorry it’s my first time posting so I’m unsure where to put this, but I logged in to check the Wintersday changes but was disappointed to find that my grenth hood now looks horrible on my character. I spent 500 gems and was very pleased with how it looked previously. It looked amazing and made me enjoy playing Warrior again. I loved the texture of it, how the cloak at the back hid my greatsword partly and how you could see the green glow of the eyes. Now it’s ruined, it looks plastic, hood is pulled so far down the eyes are barely visible and things that used to clip like shields now half-clip. Please revert these changes. This hood was something I spent 500 gems for and was very happy with. Now it looks like trash.

Image included is how it looked before.

Attachments:

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Haha, you look like a bobble-head.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Grenth hood ruined.

Wizzmike.8072

This is how it looks now.

Attachments:

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Ummm wtf?! Definitely going to be filing a ticket to get my gems back when i get home. How the kitten can anet think its a good idea to just change the look of an item from the gem store without warning!? I WANT MY 500 GEMS BACK ANET! (you can have the ugly kitten new hood back.)

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

“Fixing” something that wasn’t broken in the first place, great job again on their part.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

I personally like the new look more.
The original look almost seems as if you lack a whole forehead.
At least for Asurans.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Chess Jurist.3580

Chess Jurist.3580

Please tell me they only did this for the asuran…

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Hoods still looks amazing on Human. Sucks to be Asuran.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

To me they both look equally bad.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It looks like a texture got lost somewhere. Is this bug happening to anyone else, or just the OP?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I like the second one. I could actually consider getting this for my Necro. The old look reminded my of Death of Rats from Discworld.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Vaide.6290

Vaide.6290

I feel the same way as OP . The cape looks glued on the character’s back now instead of flowing in the air when ur running. This was the biggest reason I bought this hood =/

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

does anyone have before and after shots?

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It sounds like it’s affecting more than just the OP, which means someone probably accidentally removed the texture. Hopefully Anet will add it back in a hotfix.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey all, this was an unintended change. This will be reverted back to the way it used to be in a future hotfix (but not today, sorry).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Hey all, this was an unintended change. This will be reverted back to the way it used to be in a future hotfix (but not today, sorry).

Define “future”. Otherwise i would like my gems back and maybe i will buy it again.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Looks fine on my human necro =D

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

They respond to this right away but not the male sylvari armor warping that occurs with 70% of armors…. I don’t want my sylvari to have birthing hips anymore

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

It was also changed on Charr to show horns and ears. Will that be reverted?

EDIT: The Gas Mask has also undergone this change.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

(edited by captaincrash.6528)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

It was also changed on Charr to show horns and ears. Will that be reverted?

EDIT: The Gas Mask has also undergone this change.

I got a feeling horns showing on the hood for charr was meant to be changed and might stay. Dunno why the ears would pop out, but I always found headgear to look ridiculous when suddenly charr can remove their horns as they wish when putting one on, even if it clips.

The Gas Mask always had horns and ears show, if you meant that.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Chill guys, i suspect CAPEs coming! Just look at what it looks like on Charr.
IMO this change was intended to be unintended, just to test capes.

Attachments:

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Jaradon.2756

Jaradon.2756

Holy kitten! Capes would be awesome!! Really got my hopes up.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Well, I agree with getting your money/gems back. When people buy something from the gem store it’s because they like how it looks when they buy it.
Changing it after people have bought the item should not be done.

(Personally I don’t like either, before or after.)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

For the record, it looks much worse on humans too. The eyes are almost totally obscured. An extreme bottom up angle is necessary to see them.

I realize there has been an Anet response, but I don’t want anyone thinking it’s purely an Asuran problem.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Soooo glad this is unintended. I sent a bug report and hadn’t heard back yet so this is good news. I have the helm hidden until the fix. Shame cuz I just bought the thing a week ago and can’t show it off.

Anyone with programming knowledge explain to me how the helm can unintentionally get changed?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Soooo glad this is unintended. I sent a bug report and hadn’t heard back yet so this is good news. I have the helm hidden until the fix. Shame cuz I just bought the thing a week ago and can’t show it off.

Anyone with programming knowledge explain to me how the helm can unintentionally get changed?

They were testing the model change and forgot to revert it before packaging for release.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

The unintended change has been reverted as of today’s hotfix. You can see it reflected in the patch notes here.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

The unintended change has been reverted as of today’s hotfix. You can see it reflected in the patch notes here.

What about us Charrs that dislike the original look. In dec 10th’s patch you FIXED horns being hidden, and the cloth on the back not sticking out (it looked more appropriate) and now charrs are back to having spent 500 gems on an item which looked decent after the fix, and horrible on them after you changed it back to what it was pre-dec 10th.

Do we get fixed? Or is this another “Charrs arent high enough player base, so tough kitten”

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Zeyev.8392

Zeyev.8392

I logged in very delighted to see that the Grenth hood showed my Charrs’ horn. I had been debating wearing the hood because it covered the horns; something that I believe is a key look to my necro. The fact that this was ‘fixed’ saddens me a great deal. Also, the back part that drapes now sticks straight out. It was very nice how long and flowing it was, curving down to my Charr’s waist. I was excited to get the new Grenth back piece to match, but now, with the material sticking straight out, it will be covered because of clipping :\

I personally don’t see what Wizzmike’s issue was/is; I believe the change was a good thing (sorry, the first pic does make the Auran look like a bobble head :\ the second one looks better, in my opinion)

I really hope the apply the changes again. I would love to see my charr’s horns again, and have a hood that doesn’t stick out on my back.

Attached is a picture with three images…the first is the only one I got with the horns showing through the hood. The second and third ones show the ‘fix’ now without the horns and the shortened back section.

Attachments:

(edited by Zeyev.8392)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

What about us Charrs that dislike the original look. In dec 10th’s patch you FIXED horns being hidden, and the cloth on the back not sticking out (it looked more appropriate) and now charrs are back to having spent 500 gems on an item which looked decent after the fix, and horrible on them after you changed it back to what it was pre-dec 10th.

Do we get fixed? Or is this another “Charrs arent high enough player base, so tough kitten”

Charr shouldn’t have anything to do with the human gods anyway, this is Grenth’s punishment for being a poser. XD

Anyway,s yeah I disagree with a radical model change if they’re not going to offer refunds

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Grenth hood ruined.

Wizzmike.8072

Thank you very much Anet for fixing the grenth hood, I logged in today and was happy to find it back to normal. By the way for those saying my Asura looks like a bobble-head – maybe that wasn’t the best picture to use as a comparison. He is a max head size Asuran who had just played with the box of fun.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Charr shouldn’t have anything to do with the human gods anyway, this is Grenth’s punishment for being a poser. XD

Anyway,s yeah I disagree with a radical model change if they’re not going to offer refunds

They better offer a refund. I bought the hood for my Charr yesterday because I liked the way it looked with the horns. : /

Grenth hood ruined.

Zeyev.8392

The poor Charr seem to get shafted with everything For once, something looked decent on them, and now its gone. I agree with Tyragon; why is it when hoods/helms placed on Charr, their horns dissappear? :\ I have three Charr alone, and dressing them is already a challenge. As Kahrgan said, "Or is this another “Charrs arent high enough player base, so tough kitten” :S

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Ilna.3076

Ilna.3076

The only reason I wanted this hood for my charr is because it did hide horns and ears. And I was extremely unhappy to see it changed. Now it’s back to normal and I like the way it looks.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

If you wan’t good looking skins – you should play human-like race or wait for specified skins.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Please fix the clipping with Grenth Hood and Grenth Backpiece before winter holidays, I know both charr and human have the problem, not sure of others.

Grenth hood ruined.

Kahrgan.7401

If you wan’t good looking skins – you should play human-like race or wait for specified skins.

I shouldn’t have to play a human/sylvari because of lazy artists, or poorly managed patches.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Glider.5792

Glider.5792

Soo the old hood is back, but now the Juggernaut effect doesnt work fully again. Can it be fixed ?

Attachments:

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I wish there were toggles for the various races for stuff like this… Allow Charr to show or hide their horns and Asura to show or hide their ears when wearing a head piece, and Sylvari to toggle glow on and off for instance.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I would like the Charr version to be unreverted. The removed version looked a million times better and I was about to purchase multiple copies of the thing for my Charr characters when I found this thread… In it’s current state it looks like crap on a Charr.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Noxgard.2180

Noxgard.2180

I want the new Grenth Hood too… My Charr was looking awesome with the horns appearing and the back looking like a cape… Now I´m a sad kitten :c

I sent an e-mail to gw2 support and I hope they bring back the hood with the horns.

The new hood fits the charr perfectly, the skull inside the hood was turned down a little looking like a badkitten… Now it looks just like all other helms on Charr besides cultural… silly.

Pwease ANET, I liek my horns and ears, I feel incomplete ://

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Noxgard.2180

Noxgard.2180

Hello *,

Thanks for contacting and Merry Christmas to you too!

A small but noticeable change was accidentally made to the Grenth Hood after it was released for purchase in the gem store. This was unintentional and will be reverted in an upcoming hotfix.

We cannot give an exact time for when this will be corrected, but we do not anticipate that it will take more than a few days at most.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience our mistake caused you.

Regards,

GM Draghna

:))

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The only reason I wanted this hood for my charr is because it did hide horns and ears. And I was extremely unhappy to see it changed. Now it’s back to normal and I like the way it looks.

Whether the hood hides the horns or not is not the only issue here. If you take a look at my thread (this thread was originally focused on the asuran version) I’ve outlined multiple reasons why the current Charr version of the hood looks terrible. I didn’t even mention the horns. I don’t care either way as long as the model is visually balanced and tailored to what it’s supposed to be.

Thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/wintersday2013/Please-UNREVERT-Grenth-Mask/first#post3364875

Grenth hood ruined.

Zeyev.8392

Wait so, Noxgard…are you saying that the Charr will be getting the longer cape/horns back? Because I would be absolutely THRILLED if this is the case! Or are they saying reverted as in, back to the hornless hood?

Grenth hood ruined.

Kahrgan.7401

As of patch on 12/13/13 Grenth hood for charrs still not fixed.

Grenth hood ruined.

Posted by: Fadhli.9086

Fadhli.9086

Initially when the hood rolled out, I bought a piece for my charr. I have The Juggernaut so everything chromed up except the hood itself, which was fine.. Then one day when I logged in, I realised that the cape became longer and my charr horns became visible, which was absolutely great as well! Considering the fact that even the hood itself turned chrome then I yielded The Juggernaut.

Then the fix came: It messed up the back portion of the charr, somewhere near the area below the neck. My armor is seen protruding out of the hood (looks like it pierced through) and when I go chrome with The Juggernaut, there is this UGLY triangle patch/piece/portion of the armor!

Please fix this. It looks really horrible, especially when the hood doesn’t get affected by The Juggernaut’s chrome effect…

Chieftain Snuffy – Guardian
Founder | Smaash Gaming Community