How long does winters/nightmare ends last?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Do we have until januar 24th?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I thought it was January 21st.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I wondered the same… Will we have 6 weeks to finish both metas?

skullmount.1758

I’m pretty sure we will. Next major/LS patch isn’t till the 21st, so I think its safe to say it’ll stay till then. Unless for some reason they just randomly decide to do a patch that removes the LS achievement tabs…

Darkhaven server

jokke.6239

I’m pretty sure we will. Next major/LS patch isn’t till the 21st, so I think its safe to say it’ll stay till then. Unless for some reason they just randomly decide to do a patch that removes the LS achievement tabs…

I hope not :S It would be nice to be able to do them in January after christmas.
Hope a dev or a player with knowledge will post the info soon ^^

skullmount.1758

I hope not :S It would be nice to be able to do them in January after christmas.
Hope a dev or a player with knowledge will post the info soon ^^

You can, its Janurary 21st, not December I highly doubt they’d do a patch just to remove the achievements.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

If we say patches are every 2 weeks… then next week would be too early(maybe only some small Wintersday story patch for story stuff). But 4 weeks it already is January 7th.

Till 21th really seems too long. Would mean they bring 2 more story patches for Wintersday? Or just let it as it is and only do balance fixes the next 6 weeks?

jokke.6239

If we say patches are every 2 weeks… then next week would be too early(maybe only some small Wintersday story patch for story stuff). But 4 weeks it already is January 7th.

Till 21th really seems too long. Would mean they bring 2 more story patches for Wintersday? Or just let it as it is and only do balance fixes the next 6 weeks?

They are bringing 4 more story patches to conclude the first season of living story. Not sure about 4, but think it was.
And a “big feature” patch at some point.

skullmount.1758

They are bringing 4 more story patches to conclude the first season of living story. Not sure about 4, but think it was.
And a “big feature” patch at some point.

All those patches start on January 21st. Merry Wintersday/Nightmare End are around till at least January 21st. After that, I think they’re going back to every two weeks. So “big feature” patch won’t be till Mid-ish March.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

YES! Freedom from achievementing! Temporary anyway.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Conjectured forecast: Wintersday and (probably) Nightmare stay the full six weeks. Then:

Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 4: LS Season 1 wrapup arc
Mar 18: Features-only update
Apr 1: Super Adventure Box
Apr 15: Living Story Season 2 Premier

I should be writing.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wintersday has been announced to last for 6 weeks, meaning it’ll go till Jan 21st. I expect NiO will only last for 2 weeks, however.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Wintersday has been announced to last for 6 weeks, meaning it’ll go till Jan 21st. I expect NiO will only last for 2 weeks, however.

But that would mean they either implemented an automatic timer for the meta, or they would have to do an update on the day before Christmas… I find both a bit improbable…

So, I hope they both stay till January and I’ll have time to finish both…

Zaxares.5419

True. Still, since NiO has not been given an official duration, I’d devote most of my attention to getting that done first. Thankfully it’s pretty short; I got just about all the achievements done in about 3 – 4 hours of play. Just waiting to finish today’s daily and pick up a free Tri-Key so I don’t have to spend another 30 Spores + 45 silver buying another from Dee to complete the last achievement.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

True. Still, since NiO has not been given an official duration, I’d devote most of my attention to getting that done first. Thankfully it’s pretty short; I got just about all the achievements done in about 3 – 4 hours of play. Just waiting to finish today’s daily and pick up a free Tri-Key so I don’t have to spend another 30 Spores + 45 silver buying another from Dee to complete the last achievement.

Good point… And now that my warrior is stuck in the lvl80 part of Frostgorge (not sure I can survive attacks by foes that are 12 levels over me… whoever thought that it was a good idea to connect a lvl60-70 area to the lvl80 part of a lvl70-80 area should be shot!) I might as well see what’s happening in Kessex…

Posted by: Olorin.6873

Olorin.6873

How can you pick a free tri-key from dailys ?

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

The next game update is January 21, as mentioned by Colin, so you have until then to have fun in the Winterdsay event as well as complete any tasks for The Nightmare Ends. Hope that clarifies it.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Awesome – can enjoy the content without rushing through

Cheers for the info Regina. As a bit of constructive advice, it is worth adding this info to every patch note for all metas so we know in advance

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Just wish to give ArenaNet a huge holiday thanks for letting me enjoy this content without feeling stressed to rush through it before it’s forever gone again (well in this case, it’ll appear again next year of course). Having it around for over a month after all these bi-weekly updates is such a relief.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

The next game update is January 21, as mentioned by Colin, so you have until then to have fun in the Winterdsay event as well as complete any tasks for The Nightmare Ends. Hope that clarifies it.

You know It would be better and clearer to just say when it ends when the update goes live…

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree with the posts above. It would be a good idea for the announcement and/or patch notes for all Living Story updates (and any other temporary content) to include the end date as well as the start date.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Awesome – can enjoy the content without rushing through

Cheers for the info Regina. As a bit of constructive advice, it is worth adding this info to every patch note for all metas so we know in advance

That’s definitely the BEST part of the update: Freedom.
Freedom to do activities at my own pace, freedom to do the other things I want to do. Freedom to just waste time in Lion’s Arch playing music and having fun, if I want to.

Even the unique skins of the update allow freedom. Once you get the recipes for the back items, you can get them at you own pace, with materials that appear all year round. No need to grind gifts or anything to get and keep access to them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve actually been feeling that way about most of the updates since August.

Before then I felt like every Living Story update was adding either more stuff to do or more time consuming stuff and it was just getting overwhelming. I wasn’t even trying to do everything or get all the rewards but I was struggling to find time for the stuff I was interested in.

I actually ended up barely playing Super Adventure Box when it came back just because I couldn’t stand the idea of pushing myself through more temporary content. Which is a shame because I loved it the first time around.

But since then it’s gotten much better, starting with both Tequatl and Twilight Assault being mainly permanent content with quick and easy temporary meta-achievements. I haven’t finished either but I can go back and do it when I want to, instead of having to make time for it before it’s gone.

The Halloween and Tower updates took a lot less time to complete (again I didn’t do everything, but most things) and I skipped Fractals because it didn’t interest me. I actually had time to do some normal dungeons and work on my alts Personal Story instead and do the WvW Season 1 meta-achievement.

Now we’ve got 6 weeks to do the current content and both LS updates are relatively quick. (I feel like they’ve finally gotten the numbers right with the Nightmare ones – things like 10 events or jumping 5 waves. If this update had come back in August I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it asking for things like 50 events or having to kill the bosses 10 times each.)

I really hope they continue it like this because it’s much nicer feeling like I’m choosing to play instead of forcing myself to rush through it before it’s gone.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This is a much better pace.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Zaxares.5419

Yep, I love the 6 week time period for this. Plenty of time for everyone to get through the content at their own pace and complete the meta doing what they like doing. Hopefully the final phase of Scarlet’s story arc will use a similar structure! (Lots of stuff to do, but also a lot of time to do it in.)

Posted by: Accursed.7146

Accursed.7146

That is no fun. I know a lot of people have finished all the achievements by now, including myself. I thought we were supposed to be on a every 2 week patching interval.
Is this game starting to die? I’ll tell you what. If you (GW devs) want to kill this game, slow down your content patches releases and stick with the “no expansion” idea.
Looks like no GW2 for me until Jan 21st, nothing new for me to do and really nothing old I need to repeat anymore.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That is no fun. I know a lot of people have finished all the achievements by now, including myself. I thought we were supposed to be on a every 2 week patching interval.
Is this game starting to die? I’ll tell you what. If you (GW devs) want to kill this game, slow down your content patches releases and stick with the “no expansion” idea.
Looks like no GW2 for me until Jan 21st, nothing new for me to do and really nothing old I need to repeat anymore.

Perhaps you should research what it actually takes to develop content. It’s also the holidays so they deserve to spend time with their families. It was also stated that there are four more updates worth for the current living story “season” and they want to focus on making sure they’re released smoothly and relatively bug free.

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Funny how some people doesn’t seem to think that Devs are people too. And everyone(almost) is off during the holidays.

Yay for starting 2 weeks tonight!

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Zaxares.5419

There’s really nothing in GW2 you can do anymore? Have you completed the game with all 8 professions? Equipped all of them with Ascended? Crafted 5+ Legendaries? Reached level 50 in Fractals and geared every slot with +10 Agony infusions? Achieved max rank in PvP? Done all the WvW achievements?

If yes, then congratulations! You have won GW2! Feel free to take some time off and go RP, chat in LA, or just go play another game until the next GW2 patch. You don’t need to be in the game 24/7, you know.