any information on the new heal skills?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

as the title says do we have any details to the effects of each class’s new heal skill? If so please add them here or point me in the right direction please.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Here you go:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s31pc/new_healing_skills_datamined/

they deleted the thread that contained this info earlier because they dont like people being informed of their changes ahead of time so hopefully you see this before my post gets deleted. So much for freedom of speech.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Freedom of speech only applies to the government of the United States. It has no bearing on the private server being run by this private company.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Here you go:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s31pc/new_healing_skills_datamined/

they deleted the thread that contained this info earlier because they dont like people being informed of their changes ahead of time so hopefully you see this before my post gets deleted. So much for freedom of speech.

very interesting thank you for the information.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Savoy.6824

I believe it to be self evident that we have certain unalienable rights and that these “private companies” should lay their foundations on principles such as but not limited to freedom of speech and organize their powers in such form. And if a company becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Here you go:

1. Thanks for the info!
2. You signed away your freedom of speech when you made your account. In now way is it being taken away when it’s their site.

Posted by: Brody Cobalt.5129

Brody Cobalt.5129

the people can already do that. it’s called actually reading the terms of service and the end user license agreement and not purchasing a product from a company if you don’t agree to the above. The fact that you’ve posted on the forums means you’ve already ticked the “i agree to the TOS” button at some point, and in that TOS you agreed that anet can censor your posts if they see fit.

This doesn’t stop you from going out on the streets and talking about new healing skills, or going to a different, non-anet-affiliated site and talking about new healing skills, but while you’re using services provided by anet, it’s their house rules.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Dang, just read my Guardians new skill. I no longer have any excuse not to play a zerker guardian lol. (A percentage of dps heals you)

Savoy.6824

Friday they should provide us with more information in their twitch stream. Hopefully they will get more granular with the skills and explain how long the cool down is for the skills, how much do they actually heal for, and how long does the effect last.

Personally I wish they would explain things like where we get the new ore’s for the ascended armor and will they ever give you another way to acquire it other than champ boxes, daily fractal chest, and of course crafting because even with all three of those methods the stuff is still very hard to come by. Id like to see it be purchasable through wvw badges and laurals, guild commendations and laurals, and through pristine fractal relics.

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Friday they should provide us with more information in their twitch stream. Hopefully they will get more granular with the skills and explain how long the cool down is for the skills, how much do they actually heal for, and how long does the effect last.
-snip-

The skills as described on the reddit link are also on www.gw2db.com so if you just search for the individual names you can see the tooltips with info like cd’s. Though I’m not completely sure if it’s all real, the chat codes don’t seem to work and also the icons used in the tooltips aren’t new (e.g. Skelk Venom uses Spider Venom’s icon, Arcane Brilliance uses Arcane Wave’s icon). But it could be that the chat codes do work in some beta version and that they just added an existing icon that resembles the skill because it’s not available yet.

So if the old forum thread was deleted because the info was incorrect it might be a good idea to confirm that here (and afterwards lock this thread). If it was deleted because the info was correct and you don’t want everyone finding it out before the release you can of course just delete this one as well without explaining why instead of just locking it.

(edited by Wesley.4590)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I was already mulling over a Venoms Thief (and stupid Rune of the Sunless tricks) – now I kinda have to do it .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Can’t wait to see the new necro heal in action with a ton of people constantly attacking and healing themselves.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Signet of the Ether sounds quite appealing for my Clones/Phantasms-based Mesmer, but I think it could be problematic if I need healing outside of combat. Will have to test and see if it’s better than Ether Feast

Arcane Brilliance sounds promising, especially since my Ele is traited for reduced Arcane skill-recharge, but the multi-condition cleanse of Ether Renewal is soooo useful… We’ll see, I guess.

Defiant Stance – kitten, ANet, you missed your opportunity to call this Healing Hands!

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Signet of the Ether sounds quite appealing for my Clones/Phantasms-based Mesmer, but I think it could be problematic if I need healing outside of combat. Will have to test and see if it’s better than Ether Feast

Arcane Brilliance sounds promising, especially since my Ele is traited for reduced Arcane skill-recharge, but the multi-condition cleanse of Ether Renewal is soooo useful… We’ll see, I guess.

Defiant Stance – kitten, ANet, you missed your opportunity to call this Healing Hands!

You are so right, too bad healing hands doesn’t sound like a stance.