Dragon reach update, rebuilding ascalon city?

in Lore

Posted by: ZinN.6124

ZinN.6124

Ima throw a theory out here now, a very longshot theory BUT if it was to acctully happen that would be mindblowing epic! (atleast i think so and i guess alot of other Gw1 players do aswell)

Let say Rytlock is freeing Duke Barradin(the true king of ascalon) to release the curse that adelbern put over ascalon, the foefire curse (or whatever you wanna call it)

What happens after? Where does all the ghoast go? Just stop existing? Here is my waky theory. Theese “ghosts” have not just been ghosts, BUT the persons caught in this curse for all theese years. And when Barradin the true king of ascalon makes the curse go away he frees the ghosts or in this case the real humans from their prison of being ghosts and they continue on living their mortal life.

And to go even further that they will rebuild Ascalon city and live side by side sharing the lands of ascalon with the chars. To once and for all create pure peace between long life enemys!

As i said its a waky theory and nothing more! let me know what you guys think of it !

I like trains

Choo choo

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

they go back to the mists. they’re all dead.

and no way the charr will just give their land away to a bunch of mice.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Ima throw a theory out here now, a very longshot theory BUT if it was to acctully happen that would be mindblowing epic! (atleast i think so and i guess alot of other Gw1 players do aswell)

Let say Rytlock is freeing Duke Barradin(the true king of ascalon) to release the curse that adelbern put over ascalon, the foefire curse (or whatever you wanna call it)

What happens after? Where does all the ghoast go? Just stop existing? Here is my waky theory. Theese “ghosts” have not just been ghosts, BUT the persons caught in this curse for all theese years. And when Barradin the true king of ascalon makes the curse go away he frees the ghosts or in this case the real humans from their prison of being ghosts and they continue on living their mortal life.

And to go even further that they will rebuild Ascalon city and live side by side sharing the lands of ascalon with the chars. To once and for all create pure peace between long life enemys!

As i said its a waky theory and nothing more! let me know what you guys think of it !

Read the article on the Foefire. You can find it on the wiki.

in Lore

Posted by: ZinN.6124

ZinN.6124

What i mean is they live togheter and share the land. Ascalon is pretty big you know.

+ for most Gw1 players, charrs are the bad guys not the ascalon citiziens.

I like trains

Choo choo

in Lore

narwhalsbend.7059

What i mean is they live togheter and share the land. Ascalon is pretty big you know.

So they just all simultaneously agree to live peacefully with the creatures that they have been warring with for all their lives?

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

points at ebonhawke and those guys have had a fair share of years to get over it. the “reanimated ghosts” (which won’t happen) still think they’re in 1080AE. so not only do you have a 250 year adaptation process, they still have that undying hatred of charr like the searing was yesterday, because to them it was yesterday.

inb4someonenitpicksthat10yearsisn’tyesterday

in Lore

narwhalsbend.7059

points at ebonhawke and those guys have had a fair share of years to get over it. the “reanimated ghosts” (which won’t happen) still think they’re in 1080AE. so not only do you have a 250 year adaptation process, they still have that undying hatred of charr like the searing was yesterday, because to them it was yesterday.

inb4someonenitpicksthat10yearsisn’tyesterday

I’m sure that every day felt like Searing day to the Ascalonians when they awoke to see their land ash and their water tar.

(edited by narwhalsbend.7059)

in Lore

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

The Charr are actually giving “their” land east of the Dragonbrand “away” to those “mice”.

Your Centurion wants a word with you, go hurry. And stop drinking too much.

Concerning Ascalon City, it has been the heart of human Ascalon since the very first day of Guild Wars. The Charr should not defile that place, it’s a mass grave and the one place that they should not be given control over. Either keep it as a memorial or build a new city open for every species, like LA. But we won’t see that happen. Not even that place will be respected by the storywriters.

We won’t see it become a Charr city either, should the ghosts actually get put to rest then the areas of Ascalon won’t be changed outside of the Living Story like LA was changed – it would mean completely working over not one, but several areas. Ascalon would stay frozen in 1325 just like Orr.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Lore

narwhalsbend.7059

Either keep it as a memorial or build a new city open for every species, like LA. But we won’t see that happen. Not even that place will be respected by the storywriters.

The writers will just have Mordremoth spout a giant root that destroys all of Ascalon City like they had the Breachmaker destroy all of Old LA.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The Charr are actually giving “their” land east of the Dragonbrand “away” to those “mice”.

Concerning Ascalon City, it has been the heart of human Ascalon since the very first day of Guild Wars. The Charr should not defile that place, it’s a mass grave and the one place that they should not be given control over. Either keep it as a memorial or build a new city open for every species, like LA. But we won’t see that happen. Not even that place will be respected by the storywriters.

We won’t see it become a Charr city either, should the ghosts actually get put to rest then the areas of Ascalon won’t be changed outside of the Living Story like LA was changed – it would mean completely working over not one, but several areas. Ascalon would stay frozen in 1325 just like Orr.

i actually don’t have any charr characters. can’t stand their animations.

ascalon city is within walking distance of the black citadel, and there are tons of charr outposts spread throughout ascalon. abandoning all of them to give them back to humans out of pity would be ridiculous. the treaty has been hard enough with letting humans keep ebonhawke.

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

The fact that it is Rylock and not Logan Thackeray the decendant of Gwen that we first met as a child in the fields of Ascalon is a traverse in itself for many GW(1) fans including myself. But what else can we expect from the Arenanet writers who believe that the community would accept a non-human Ascalonian to complete the needed ritual redemption of their long dead past.

We as a whole community include both the veterans and the newcomers are meant to accept that the Human Ascalonians of what is left of the real Ascalon, the land we met at the dawn of the first game – could be freed from its curse by a Charr.

What does the spirits of Gwen , Keiran and Langmar the people that they helped save think of such act of disrespect? Shouldn’t Logan have known by this point in history that of all the people that are now living the legacy of Ebonhawke that regardless of his present duties and obligations it must be he and only he that completes the absolution?

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The fact that it is Rylock and not Logan Thackeray the decendant of Gwen that we first met as a child in the fields of Ascalon is a traverse in itself for many GW(1) fans including myself. But what else can we expect from the Arenanet writers who believe that the community would accept a non-human Ascalonian to complete the needed ritual redemption of their long dead past.

But as far as we know Gwen have a grand total of zero connection with nobility of the human kingdom of Ascalon, while on the other hand it is fully possible that Rytlock could be related to the former leadership.

Adding Gwen into the equation for no reason other than her being a somewhat large (and annoying) part of GW1 would be silly.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

It’s only Part 1 dude… you assume that Logan wont make a cameo later.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

We as a whole community include both the veterans and the newcomers are meant to accept that the Human Ascalonians of what is left of the real Ascalon, the land we met at the dawn of the first game – could be freed from its curse by a Charr.

What does the spirits of Gwen , Keiran and Langmar the people that they helped save think of such act of disrespect? Shouldn’t Logan have known by this point in history that of all the people that are now living the legacy of Ebonhawke that regardless of his present duties and obligations it must be he and only he that completes the absolution?

Please direct me to a link that proves that Rhytlock breaks the curse. I’ve seen the teaser, it doesn’t support your position.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Oh, man, get over it. You won’t see Ascalon rebuilt or humans outside Ebonhawke ever again. Peace doesn’t mean that Charr will give you anything for free.

Tolerating some humans doesn’t mean being friends with them either. Charr work like big military machine and community. Do you really thing that they’d just giveaway something without brutal fight?

Besides, IF we eventually get rid of the Foefire Charr nation will be probably military supreme to any other race and nation on Tyria. Remember, in our timeline Flame Legion has been nearly defeated after taking down Gaheron. Now the ghosts. The only remaining thing are dragons, which are pain in the bum for every nation.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Heh ?

Cities change along with the times, the flow of the ages. Ascalon City is not sacred.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Lore

Nicholas S Lin.6187

Please direct me to a link that proves that Rhytlock breaks the curse. I’ve seen the teaser, it doesn’t support your position.

The fact that he will be attempting to do as accused is in itself a serious enough offence. Beyond that none can say with full certainty what the full extent of his deed might do if anything.

(edited by Nicholas S Lin.6187)

in Lore

Nicholas S Lin.6187

But as far as we know Gwen have a grand total of zero connection with nobility of the human kingdom of Ascalon, while on the other hand it is fully possible that Rytlock could be related to the former leadership.

Adding Gwen into the equation for no reason other than her being a somewhat large (and annoying) part of GW1 would be silly.

The reason I believe that Logan should do it is because of this family connection with his great-grand mother, Gwen Thackeray. That to me is a strong enough bond between the present and the historical Human Ascalon.

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

The fact that he will be attempting to do as accused is in itself a serious enough offence.

Why ? Rytlock has one of the twin swords, and at least one of those swords has a link with the curse. Is it really stupid to try something like this to put an end to this magical scourge ?

One question : is there any lore (in game, out of the game, whatsoever) which states as a fact that you need to be the king of an ancient kingdom to end a curse led by a magical sword ? I don’t think so. Rumors.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

(edited by Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324)

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The reason I believe that Logan should do it is because of this family connection with his great-grand mother, Gwen Thackeray. That to me is a strong enough bond between the present and the historical Human Ascalon.

But Gwen was basically a normal person in Ascalon.
She had no power, nor did she have any real connection with the nobility. She was just an annoying kid that got caught by the Charr and then held a grudge for the rest of her life trying to kill all Charr she found.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

But Gwen was basically a normal person in Ascalon.
She had no power, nor did she have any real connection with the nobility. She was just an annoying kid that got caught by the Charr and then held a grudge for the rest of her life trying to kill all Charr she found.

While I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to pull some kind of nobility out of the corner for Gwen, it is t rue that Gwen was merely there to represent innocence in Pre-Searing. Losing her was supposed to be a blow to the “feels” but given that nobody spoke of Gwen directly while in Ascalon, Post-Searing, people suspected that she was out there somewhere. Sure enough she ended up surviving Charr warparties into adult hood.