Scarlet may try to Sabotage her own plan

in Lore

Posted by: Maidah.2539

Maidah.2539

We know now that Scarlet’s goal might not be her own and that Scarlet’s mind might be under influence or under control of some powerful unknown Entity.

I think that a part of Scarlet’s mind is somewhat free from that entity and she might try to Sabotage her own plans (I mean the entity’s plan) by using her Twisted clockwork minions and the Marionette. She will hide the Marionette inside the giant drill and attempt to sabotage whatever goal the entity in her mind is trying to accomplish.

My reasoning for this is that the Twisted clockwork minions and the Marionette do not look like the creation of the Entity in her mind, they seem to be created purely by Scarlet’s own twisted mind.

First, the attack on Divinity’s Reach had always felt like it was done by Scarlet on a whim, even the investigation instance kind of gave the same impression.

Second, notice how we have not seen any of the Twisted clockwork minions in either trailer video or the released screen shots of attack on Lions’ Arch.

Third, there are several symbolic clues that point to Twisted clockwork minions and the Marionette being the work of a twisted mind and not of a powerful Entity.
For example, the twisted and crazy mob design, I mean really, can you imagine a rational/powerful mind to come up with something as crazy as the Marionette. Notice also how the Marionette is hanging from chains like a puppet.
I think that Twisted clockwork minions and most of all the Marionette are kind on an outlet for parts of scarlet’s mind that is struggling to get free from the Entity, and it showcases the torture and craziness that is going on in her mind.

Now, if the Twisted clockwork are really Scarlet’s own creation then what is she going to do with them?

Remember that part of Scarlet is struggling against the entity. Remember that her own initial motivation was to actually confront the entity not to become its slave. If that part is still alive and is represented in the Twisted clockwork then she might use them to sabotage the Entity’s plan.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I absolutely love the idea; I’m not completely sold on the clockwork minions though – they may be influenced by her broken mind but I think she was compelled by the entity to create them.

Notice also how the Marionette is hanging from chains like a puppet.

Oh my… She, herself, is a puppet – you, sir, are a genius. That may actually be Ceara trying to claw her way out, send us a message maybe? “I’m still in here! Help!” I wonder what other messages she is trying to send, maybe there was something in her lair. It’s a pity the content has been temporary because I doubt my memory is up for the task. I wonder if a Konig summoning spell would shed some light on this…

I’m actually starting to go back on my previous, uh, attitude toward Scarlet if this was all intentional. I may even feel bad if we kill her.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in Lore

Posted by: Maidah.2539

Maidah.2539

I’m not completely sold on the clockwork minions though – they may be influenced by her broken mind but I think she was compelled by the entity to create them.

_

I was afraid that this was true too and that was the reason why I was holding off making this post for some time now, but after seeing a lack of clockwork minions in Lion’s Arch attack (atleast in trailers and screenshots) I think there is a little more weight in the argument that it was only scarlet.

All the resources/alliances gathered by Scarlet are being used in the attack on Lion’s Arch except the clockwork minions. If the Entity helped create them then what is their porpose?

Though I admit that it is completely possible that the Entity might have a purpose for clockwork minions that has not been revealed to us yet.

in Lore

Posted by: SoulyD.9125

SoulyD.9125

Maybe she used up all of her clockwork minions in Lonars Pass. Most of them went there and were destroyed in the process, or not?
She sacrificed them for her trap, so who knows if she has any left.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

First, the attack on Divinity’s Reach had always felt like it was done by Scarlet on a whim, even the investigation instance kind of gave the same impression.

Because it was, stated sadly only in an interview after Clockwork Chaos on Scarlet between Scott/Angel and TowerTalk. A link to said interview is on Scarlet’s GW2W article, at the bottom.

Second, notice how we have not seen any of the Twisted clockwork minions in either trailer video or the released screen shots of attack on Lions’ Arch.

Doesn’t say much, TBH. We only saw, what, four short scenes of Scarlet’s minions? Two of which were Aetherblade.

Wait til the update comes. You may get debunked in this alone right off the bat.

For example, the twisted and crazy mob design, I mean really, can you imagine a rational/powerful mind to come up with something as crazy as the Marionette.

Actually, yes. The Twisted Nightmare is literally a Watchknight placed on top of another – it has 8 limbs, each limb being two normal Watchknight limbs on top of each other (sans hand/feet), and the torso is two Watchknight bodies stacked together (where one’s head should be, the other’s butt is). Twisted Horrors are like a mix of hylek and dog. Twisted Menders are literally mosquitoes. And Reavers are Wind Riders full out.

They’re all rather rational.

Remember that part of Scarlet is struggling against the entity. Remember that her own initial motivation was to actually confront the entity not to become its slave. If that part is still alive and is represented in the Twisted clockwork then she might use them to sabotage the Entity’s plan.

Presuming, in the first place, that it has a plan. Maybe it just seeks chaos? Maybe it’s just toying with Scarlet’s mind – and her thoughts truly are her own, but it’s just going “nah, I thought of that first and told you!” repeatedly.

Notice also how the Marionette is hanging from chains like a puppet.

Oh my… She, herself, is a puppet – you, sir, are a genius.

You realize that was one of the first things mentioned about the Marionette? That it could be a reflection of her being a puppet in the end as well.

I wonder if a Konig summoning spell would shed some light on this…

You are not of the Archivists. My pact is not with you! All who breach the pact must be purged.

/turns you into an elemental husk

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Oh my… She, herself, is a puppet – you, sir, are a genius.

You realize that was one of the first things mentioned about the Marionette? That it could be a reflection of her being a puppet in the end as well.

I missed that memo :/. Still it may not be merely a metaphor. I guess we may never know because it’s too late to go back and see if there were any more of these: there is far too much dialog, models and textures that probably haven’t been recorded.

You are not of the Archivists. My pact is not with you! All who breach the pact must be purged.

/turns you into an elemental husk

/gets farmed for loot and XP

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working