Theorycrafting on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Am i the only one got the pictures from her console BEFORE getting the journal lol? I clicked on the console and noticed the letters spelt out her teachers name (i somehow have a good memory when it comes to the names of Asura, god help me with any other name though) xD.

That being said i’m almost positive that the Password being in the Journal was likely due to being a gameplay thing. And if it isn’t i’m almost positive that said images we’re seeing are a Red Herring aka Bait for the players from Scarlet, i mean as Bruno said, she’s intelligent and unless she has the memory of a gold fish writing that down isn’t required at all.

If you got the console images before the Journal it was a glitch – obviously one that was patched. The console actually won’t let you use it until you’ve acquired all the pages from her Journal. It’s probable that when they first put the patch out this wasn’t the case and the first cluster of people to enter her Lair were able to use the console despite not having the pages.

Huh that must’ve been it, cause I know I B lined it to the console when I first went in lol.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So.. she is actually invading the Mists with next weeks update. Going to be interesting to see why she wants a foothold there.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Kinda wish there was alittle more info in that video. We already basically knew she was going there awhile ago.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

’cause the diary takes place in a really, really long span of time.

Source. All we have for timespan is that several nights happen between the first and second. This whole journal can easily take the course of a single month, or even half a week if Scarlet is a person like myself where even mere hours can feel slow when in the present.

do i really need a source? like, really? that’s just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn now. any person with the bare minimum reading skills can see that these journals entries weren’t written within a day of each other.

and hell, even if they were, it still took her 5 days to write down the password. a password that she needs to have written down somewhere lest she forgets it. despite all the other crap i explained on the post.

and you’re going to call BS on common sense because i don’t have the dates?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

So.. she is actually invading the Mists with next weeks update. Going to be interesting to see why she wants a foothold there.

well they had aetherblades spawn in the central area of the map and a lot of aetherblade-related stuff throughout the whole map during alpha, but i have a feeling that it won’t be all we get to see (much like this update wasn’t just about the bosses)

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

You guys do realize that Omadd was her mentor before she even went through the experiment. He found her when she was studying alchemy with the Hylekk and told her about the experiment. Sure the fact that she used his name as a password might make it lean towards the journal being written after the experiment, but she knew him before that. If anything, I believe this was written during the months of preparation for the experiment itself.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

look, props to wookalar to having thought of that, and if it wasn’t a videogame i’d totally side with him.

but this is a videogame. and the password is obviously a gameplay mechanic. trying to treat every gameplay thing as lore canon will just lead to inconsistencies (like how does scarlet manage to keep recruiting people if they all die miserable, short deaths? or how she never succeeds, and her grand designs always have painfully obvious design flaws?).

so take the password for what it is: a way the devs had to gate the teaser behind content (since you can’t access the journal without playing through the content). i know it’s not fun to dismiss something, it leaves us with less things to discuss and speculate, but i’d rather dismiss it than waste time speculating on something that obviously has no story ties.

in Lore

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

but this is a videogame. and the password is obviously a gameplay mechanic. trying to treat every gameplay thing as lore canon will just lead to inconsistencies (like how does scarlet manage to keep recruiting people if they all die miserable, short deaths? or how she never succeeds, and her grand designs always have painfully obvious design flaws?)

Many of the minions we’re fighting by now are holographic things used to replace the earlier fleshy minions, which helps explain how Scarlet has a seemingly neverending number of mooks to unleash on map-wide events like Scarlet invasions despite us slaying thousands of them. Back in Twilight Arbor Aetherblade dungeon path the Aetherblades were working on "a fleet of airships and an army of holographic pirates to fight alongside the meat variety” (mentioned in the short story Twilight Preparations).

As for Scarlet “failing”, although we defeat her schemes over and over again like the Molten Alliance dungeons, Nightmare Tower and the Twilight Arbor hideout, she still manages to get something out of it which she deems of more value than what she lost (e.g. getting the venom from the tower despite losing the hybrid and the tower itself in the process). As far as she’s concerned, she’s gained from each of her little “experiments” so far and left the “cleaning up” for us to do, like a chess player who is more than willing to sacrifice a few “pawns” to distract us from her real objective. The only time Scarlet has expressed any sort of frustration at us interfering with her was during Queen’s Jubilee when she didn’t catch the Queen and was beaten back by us…and even then her attack had been more of a spur-of-the-moment thing inspired by Jennah’s statement of humanity’s resolve, but she still got the watchwork knights into her army in the end anyway.

It’s hard to say for sure at the moment whether the OMADD password and the time issues with it are intended for actual pinpointing of timeline or if they should indeed be treated as a gameplay and story segregation. I would prefer the former, but until devs tell us more (through the game or on forums), all we can do is speculate.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

but this is a videogame. and the password is obviously a gameplay mechanic. trying to treat every gameplay thing as lore canon will just lead to inconsistencies (like how does scarlet manage to keep recruiting people if they all die miserable, short deaths? or how she never succeeds, and her grand designs always have painfully obvious design flaws?)

Many of the minions we’re fighting by now are holographic things used to replace the earlier fleshy minions, which helps explain how Scarlet has a seemingly neverending number of mooks to unleash on map-wide events like Scarlet invasions despite us slaying thousands of them. Back in Twilight Arbor Aetherblade dungeon path the Aetherblades were working on "a fleet of airships and an army of holographic pirates to fight alongside the meat variety” (mentioned in the short story Twilight Preparations).

As for Scarlet “failing”, although we defeat her schemes over and over again like the Molten Alliance dungeons, Nightmare Tower and the Twilight Arbor hideout, she still manages to get something out of it which she deems of more value than what she lost (e.g. getting the venom from the tower despite losing the hybrid and the tower itself in the process). As far as she’s concerned, she’s gained from each of her little “experiments” so far and left the “cleaning up” for us to do, like a chess player who is more than willing to sacrifice a few “pawns” to distract us from her real objective. The only time Scarlet has expressed any sort of frustration at us interfering with her was during Queen’s Jubilee when she didn’t catch the Queen and was beaten back by us…and even then her attack had been more of a spur-of-the-moment thing inspired by Jennah’s statement of humanity’s resolve, but she still got the watchwork knights into her army in the end anyway.

It’s hard to say for sure at the moment whether the OMADD password and the time issues with it are intended for actual pinpointing of timeline or if they should indeed be treated as a gameplay and story segregation. I would prefer the former, but until devs tell us more (through the game or on forums), all we can do is speculate.

yes, she might see it as a victory, but the people she recruits? they’re getting murdered by the hundreds and getting nothing in return.

and as far as we can tell, the holographic pirates were never finished or put to practice, because the ones we kill still fall dead.

point is, this is a videogame, and as such you can’t take everything seriously. i mean, look at how many people we’ve killed by now. or how each one of the player characters are “that one guy that took zhaitan”, even though at best, only four other players were there with you when it happened.

it’s a game, the story will falter on details if you stick to them. there’s no way for the password to be reasonable proof of when the journal was written. can you still argue that it happened before the experiment or after? sure. can you use it as evidence? no.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Ok now this might be a really wild theory, but given how Scarlet is invading the mists. What if the entity that is calling out to her is Dhuum? Just a thought that came to mind.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Ok now this might be a really wild theory, but given how Scarlet is invading the mists. What if the entity that is calling out to her is Dhuum? Just a thought that came to mind.

Idk was what she was hearing in all caps?

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

scarlet is a GW1 bandodger confirmed.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

HAHAHA ok that was a good one. But in all seriousness it could be him. Would actually somehow fit with the other fractal we could’ve chosen. The fall of Abbadon. Dhuum did ally himself with Abbadon to try and free himself from his prison after all.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

HAHAHA ok that was a good one. But in all seriousness it could be him. Would actually somehow fit with the other fractal we could’ve chosen. The fall of Abbadon. Dhuum did ally himself with Abbadon to try and free himself from his prison after all.

Do we know if Grenth was one of the gods during that battle? Or was Dhuum still the god of death? I don’t see why Dhuum COULDNT be what’s in the mists though.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Do we know if Grenth was one of the gods during that battle? Or was Dhuum still the god of death? I don’t see why Dhuum COULDNT be what’s in the mists though.

sure, there’s nothing pointing against him, technically speaking, but there’s nothing that points to him either.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

’cause the diary takes place in a really, really long span of time.

Source. All we have for timespan is that several nights happen between the first and second. This whole journal can easily take the course of a single month, or even half a week if Scarlet is a person like myself where even mere hours can feel slow when in the present.

do i really need a source? like, really? that’s just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn now. any person with the bare minimum reading skills can see that these journals entries weren’t written within a day of each other.

and hell, even if they were, it still took her 5 days to write down the password. a password that she needs to have written down somewhere lest she forgets it. despite all the other crap i explained on the post.

and you’re going to call BS on common sense because i don’t have the dates?

My point that you completely missed is that your exagerating and/or using terminology that can be easily misinterpreted.

“A really, really long time.” How long is that? To me, “a really, really long time” means about a year if not more in this kind of context. But honesty, I’d say the journal lasts no more than 3 months. Maybe 4. And that’s stretching it. Each line that gives any hint of a timespan hints at only a few days – a week tops – having passed since the previous. That would put the whole journal at 1-2 months.

Grenth’s scriptures mark his rise to godhood as no later than 48 BE. It’s unlikely Grenth was not present.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

sure, 3 months. i’d give it that much. but 3 months (or even a single month) is a really, really long time for someone to write down a password letter by letter so they don’t forget it.

my point remains that the discussion of when it occurred is unaffected by wookalar’s theory, as smart as it is.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

To use your own argument against you: It’s a video game. The developers might not have kept in mind that some timespan would happen between the entries and that it’d be weird to spread the password hints throughout these supposedly spaced-out-by-time entries.

Then again, how can you fathom about trying to apply reason an logic to an insane mind?

In the end, you can neither confirm nor deny that the placement of the password holds sway over when the journal is written. And we are back at square one – we cannot tell when the journal is to take place, simply because there’s no good timetable reference.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

@Durzlla: Like Konig said, I’ve read into it to try and find out if he was there or not. All the reading pointed towards that he was the new god of Death before the Fall of Abbadon so he should have been there instead of Dhuum.

@Bruno: Well I honestly don’t have anything to point towards him (at least not something that can evidently say Dhuum) but like you said, nothing to really rule him out. Some points I thought of have lore reasonings and some are just for the sake of the game.

-Scarlet is trying to find something or someone in the mists given the latest details that she’s gonna be in the Edge of the Mists

-We know that Dhuum isn’t dead and he’s tried to escape his imprisonment multiple times.

-We know he allied himself with Abbadon and Malzier ( I think his name was that), the somewhat twin brother of Balthazar.

-If we were to consider that Anet would go for the same ending regarding the living story regardless of which fractal we chose they could’ve ended it with Abbadon talking to Dhuum regarding their alliance. If they wanted to shoehorn Scarlet here, it would be more direct about her trying to find Dhuum

- From a lore perspective, this would give Anet a way to give us The Underworld which would make a lot of fans happy.

-This would somewhat adhere to the Pale Tree’s words to Scarlet saying that society isn’t ready for what she was going to unleash.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

To use your own argument against you: It’s a video game. The developers might not have kept in mind that some timespan would happen between the entries and that it’d be weird to spread the password hints throughout these supposedly spaced-out-by-time entries.

Then again, how can you fathom about trying to apply reason an logic to an insane mind?

In the end, you can neither confirm nor deny that the placement of the password holds sway over when the journal is written. And we are back at square one – we cannot tell when the journal is to take place, simply because there’s no good timetable reference.

well the developers wouldn’t, which is my point. the writers probably would, if they wanted the password to be some sort of indicator.

my point is that looking at the password is pointless because it’s purely a gameplay mechanic. i was just using the timespan/short memory thing as an example of how ridiculous it sounds when taken seriously.

so arguing one way or another depends on the content of the journal itself, and i still think it sounds more like it’s from before the experiment. bobby stein mentioned on the audio board today that the change in her voice direction for the journal reading will make more sense when the story concludes, soooo… i’m taking that as a point in my favor.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

@Durzlla: Like Konig said, I’ve read into it to try and find out if he was there or not. All the reading pointed towards that he was the new god of Death before the Fall of Abbadon so he should have been there instead of Dhuum.

@Bruno: Well I honestly don’t have anything to point towards him (at least not something that can evidently say Dhuum) but like you said, nothing to really rule him out. Some points I thought of have lore reasonings and some are just for the sake of the game.

-Scarlet is trying to find something or someone in the mists given the latest details that she’s gonna be in the Edge of the Mists

-We know that Dhuum isn’t dead and he’s tried to escape his imprisonment multiple times.

-We know he allied himself with Abbadon and Malzier ( I think his name was that), the somewhat twin brother of Balthazar.

-If we were to consider that Anet would go for the same ending regarding the living story regardless of which fractal we chose they could’ve ended it with Abbadon talking to Dhuum regarding their alliance. If they wanted to shoehorn Scarlet here, it would be more direct about her trying to find Dhuum

- From a lore perspective, this would give Anet a way to give us The Underworld which would make a lot of fans happy.

-This would somewhat adhere to the Pale Tree’s words to Scarlet saying that society isn’t ready for what she was going to unleash.

i really, really don’t like when people use the would-be abaddon fractal as reasoning for their theories.

she’s not necessarily looking for someone in the mists, and considering how this will be the most “content-light” patch of the four, i have a feeling that what little story tied into the mists itself we have is there just to justify introducing the new WvW map. but disregarding my skepticism, we don’t know what business she has in the mists yet.

the underworld thing sounds nice, but it’s mostly wishful thinking. the pale tree argument can go for any insurmountable force, and in fact it makes me feel a bit skeptic of it being dhuum, because dhuum isn’t something society should be prepared for, it’s something that should be locked away and that’s it.

the way the pale tree talks makes it sound like she’s speeding up a process that shouldn’t happen until society is “sufficiently evolved”. that… kinda reminds me of the plot of darksiders. how the apocalypse was supposed to wait until humanity was sufficiently ready to survive it (but shenanigans caused it to trigger too soon). the closest parallel i can think of is a sleeping elder dragon, though it might be something else.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

One of the articles about the next update states that Scarlet and her Aetherblades is heading to the Edge of the Mists to prepare for her final plan. This may have nothing to do with finding the source of the whispers and nightmares. And even then, going into the Mists to prepare doesn’t mean her final plan will be in the Mists.

Abaddon and Menzies.

What’s with people calling him Abbadon anyways? It’s Abaddon! 1 B, 2 Ds.

@Bruno: It’s pointless to continue the discussion, as we’ve exhausted all evidence and support at this point. The change in voice tone could be an indication of over a dozen things, truth be told, and can be used in support for either side.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

@Bruno: It’s pointless to continue the discussion, as we’ve exhausted all evidence and support at this point. The change in voice tone could be an indication of over a dozen things, truth be told, and can be used in support for either side.

true, we need more evidence, and i sure as hell hope we get some answers. though her voice changing from her usual manic psycho voice to a more normal, deep voice during the journal read does seem to imply something.

Abaddon and Menzies.

What’s with people calling him Abbadon anyways? It’s Abaddon! 1 B, 2 Ds.

i’ll just leave this here…

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

I don’t really think of using the abaddon fractal as a reasoning for my theory, but it itself is a theory that no matter which path we chose we’d end up with the same ending. That is the only reason I brought up the fractal honestly.

The way I see it, the coming of Dhuum shouldn’t be taken as society isn’t prepared to fight them, but of the implications that it might cause. Dhuum returning would most probably see him wanting to have revenge on the gods (at least Grenth). Not only would that be a confirmation for all races of the gods’ existence, it could be the foundation to branching out and figuring out what happened to the gods since Nightfall. Would be even crazier if Dhuum is tied to the Sylvari race in a way.

I understand that it’s content light but I don’t believe Anet is dumb to want to justify lore related ties for the new WvW map to Scarlet unless it there’s something behind it. If they wanted it tied to lore with no grand reasoning they might as well have just said that the races of tyria found new places in the mists for heroes to do battle.

Edit: Corrected Abaddon. Funny thing is I always right it Abaddon at first then go back before posting and edit it to Abbadon

@Konig: The video says that there was a place that was untouched by Scarlet and chaos till now, and that place was the edge of the mists (or mists in general could be argued). This imo makes it sound that she wants to do something in the mists.

(edited by Xukavi.4320)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

if dhuum wanted revenge on grenth, he’d be coming to the wrong dimension.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

The reason a lot of my posts has his name as Abbadon instead of Abaddon is my phone has gotten into the habit of auto correcting to the first one for some reason and I stopped fighting it…

As for the mists thing who knows WHY she is going there, maybe it’s a good place to test a weapon? Maybe she needs to get some sort of resource(s) from there shrugs we shall find out soon enough.

I kinda hope it’ll be finding someone/something though because that’s be the most interesting.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

On Scarlet’s password being hidden in her journal, my explanation is this:

She crazy.

Or to be a more precise – Omadd’s name has been imprinted on her consciousness in such a fashion that it keeps coming out. She’s using it as her password – maybe because she was aware of it and decided just not to fight it, or maybe she actually thinks her password is something else – and she’s compulsively stressing the letters that spell Omadd’s name in her journal.

Now, I haven’t investigated her lab yet myself, but from what I hear each of those pages is being kept in a separate chest protected with a separate cipher. Perhaps part of the reason why those pages are kept under such security is because while she has most of her journal with her wherever she is now, she noticed that she’d slipped her password into those particular pages and locked them away as a precaution? (Which is ironic, since that led to us finding it, but she might have been more concerned about the possibility of one of her lieutenants stealing her journal than her opponents finding her lair).

On the topic of the elder races and being evil:

The Seers, I think, knew that the titans would be released in the Flameseeker Prophecies – but unlike Khilbron they had also been informed that those same prophecies predicted that they would in turn be defeated, but not before massacring the mursaat, and thus decided that it was worth the price. Where this puts them on the good/evil scale depends on whether the Seer’s motivation was primarily revenge or primarily preventing the mursaat from doing more harm – but in its defense, it did seem genuinely concerned about minimising the damage the titans did afterwards.

On the mursaat, though – one distinction between the mursaat sacrifices and the wars perpetuated by humans and even the charr is that the sacrifices were deliberately killing helpless, innocent people. Even the Searing has the fig leaf of having been invoked as part of a larger war – a larger war that the charr had been steadily losing for centuries.

I would take everything that the Priory say at this point with a pinch of salt. She was camping out right underneath their base after all.

Yeah, I’d have to say I’m getting really tired of how ArenaNet has been having the orders playing a three-way game of catch with the Idiot Ball throughout the Scarlet story.

After reading the short story and listening to Scarlet’s Journal again, I think that it takes place fully after the experiment. During the short story, there is no mention of any entity. In fact, the only mention of anything she saw was the Pale Tree and the “truth” about it.

The short story, however, does have her going beyond the vision of the Pale Tree to something beyond – and fades to black before showing what she sees. That could easily have been where the entity, it’s just that ArenaNet didn’t want to make the reveal at that point.

or how each one of the player characters are “that one guy that took zhaitan”, even though at best, only four other players were there with you when it happened.

Well, to play Devil’s Advocate, they could all have been on other airships pressing 2 to win…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/I-like-new-Scarlet-s-voice/first#post3563223

Possession seem more reasonable thanks to this little fact, or just madness?

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

@Draxynnic: Not sure if it was posted in this thread or not, but I did change my view on when the journal was written to be starting during the months of preparations before the experiment with a turning point in the journal happening during and after the experiment.

@Gnat: What he said makes perfect sense since in the Journal she stated she was losing control of herself.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

or how each one of the player characters are “that one guy that took zhaitan”, even though at best, only four other players were there with you when it happened.

Well, to play Devil’s Advocate, they could all have been on other airships pressing 2 to win…

nope. only one airship was the big bad one with the megacannon, and with destiny’s edge inside it.

in Lore

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m not questioning the credibility of the claim, I’m questioning whether or not the theory of active possession is any more valid given this vague information (as opposed to possession by corruption).

in Lore

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Lets just make a wild assumption.. Scarlet creates an underground base under Caledon with the flame legion technology, creates multiple pale trees underground because she knows Caithes and Malycks secret and found those seeds. And then she starts running tests while casually porting in and out through her X-men-Cerebro-like Teleport Hub.. And then we find out, this has all been planned since beta.. surprise! All wild assumptions…

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/I-like-new-Scarlet-s-voice/first#post3563223

Possession seem more reasonable thanks to this little fact, or just madness?

It could be schizophrenia too.

My guess is that it is her voice as she falls victim to the being – not as Ceara, but in her early life of Scarlet Briar.

I’m not questioning the credibility of the claim, I’m questioning whether or not the theory of active possession is any more valid given this vague information (as opposed to possession by corruption).

Depends really. The comment is so vague that you could say that she slipped and banged her head, giving a new speaking style, tone, etc. when she woke.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

Really loving all the sleuthing and theorycrafting in this thread. You people are awesome.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Really loving all the sleuthing and theorycrafting in this thread. You people are awesome.

i don’t assume you could give an end to our journal date conundrum, could you? not even a hint? :P

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm, just did Marionette event again, and found Scarlets comment when one of the chains were cut quite interesting, something along the lines about us being the reason she can’t have nice toys.

It is probably nothing, but might suggest someone is bossing over her.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

i don’t assume you could give an end to our journal date conundrum, could you? not even a hint? :P

You’ll actually find your answer in the game soon.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

well, i tried. at least we’ll get an answer :P

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

You made this just for us didn’t you? Hahaha.

Well I’m loving every bit of it. We have so much to examine now.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

The Priory Scholar Ela (in the L.A. recap instance) makes a big deal about Scarlet collecting alliances that compose the 4 major elements related to elementalists. I haven’t heard anyone try to tie this aspect into their frameworks.

How does this fit in?

Well the only thing I can think of is the Abbadon was an elementalist. He’s dead but whose to say he can’t revived

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

he feeds on the blood and tears from Lore forum discussions.

in Lore

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Of course it could end with a cliffhanger where Scarlet gets assassinated before you fight her. In which no question will be answered maybe till season 2. Until they then decide to ditch the whole Scarlet sub-plot and go back to Kiel investigating the origins of the Consortium.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Translation: We’ll get our answer with Edge of the Mists, that comes next week.

Well the only thing I can think of is the Abbadon was an elementalist. He’s dead but whose to say he can’t revived

…Abaddon wasn’t an elementalist.

There’s a common misconception that people believe the gods are the profession for which they’re the patron deity for.

Elementalists, however, don’t have a single patron deity. Certainly not Abaddon, who did not control all elements – just water. His magical “Devoted” in his temple are mostly mesmers (with some thief and necromancy here /there). I don’t think there was a single elementalist among them.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

It’s either that or Monster energy drinks. I’ll stick with blood and tears.

j/k

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

j/k

you should add that to your business card. “Robert Stein, Drinker of Blood and Tears”. has a nice ring to it. it’s robert, right? tried checking your linkedin and it turns out you sign as bobby everywhere, but “bobby, the drinker of blood” doesn’t sound as ominous :P

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Translation: We’ll get our answer with Edge of the Mists, that comes next week.

…Abaddon wasn’t an elementalist.

There’s a common misconception that people believe the gods are the profession for which they’re the patron deity for.

Elementalists, however, don’t have a single patron deity. Certainly not Abaddon, who did not control all elements – just water. His magical “Devoted” in his temple are mostly mesmers (with some thief and necromancy here /there). I don’t think there was a single elementalist among them.

The Devoted of the Deeps uses water magic in addition to the underwater chaos storm thing. I think all of the Devoted have some mesmer stuff, but most have it mixed with something else.

To be honest, the Devoted feel to me like a kind of nod back to the GW1 secondary profession system. Deeps is E/Me, Illusions is pure Me, Nightmares is N/Me, and Lies and Secrets are R/Me and A/Me (can’t remember which is which). In GW2 terms, it’s unclear whether the bow one is R or T – it’s a shortbow either way (the shoot-and-retreat skill is distinctive for shortbows) but I don’t recall anything in that fight to distinguish that it’s a ranger or a thief. (Except for the lack of a pet, but NPC rangers don’t always have them.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s thief – he uses the fifth thief shortbow skill to shadowstep about.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

j/k

Careful, both are high in sodium.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

What isn’t these days?

Also, I was thinking Kiel is pretty well written out of the picture by this point, but if Scarlet does anything with Fort Marriner, we may actually be seeing more of her soon too.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

What isn’t these days?

Also, I was thinking Kiel is pretty well written out of the picture by this point, but if Scarlet does anything with Fort Marriner, we may actually be seeing more of her soon too.

saw kiel roaming the town today. seemed more worried about dessa and the consortium than anything else.

maybe that fleabag is right. maybe she will get everyone killed by playing in the mists.