dragon painting in scarlet's lair

in Lore

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Why is there a thumper in the middle of lions arch. One should think that it should have been destroyed right away…

Do you seriously think that (outside of the bloody prince thing) anyone is stupid/bored/crazy enough to go dive into old LA? The place from which mere months ago karka jumped out, which was the connection point to the mists multiple times (again not counting bp candy bags right now even if it does explain how they got there) and the ruins of a pirate town under a pirate town probably meaning that every little piece of valuables are gone?

P.S. yep the “anti-zhaitan” cannons and rifles are based on Gorr (you can even poke him trough like 4? missions about how its improving from old mesmer magic its based on/taking the essence and/or magic from a enemy and turning it against it to calibrating the magic to work against draconic and finally risen sources).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well it is underwater. There’s not that many guards underwater. Still, it seems odd that no one would notice it at some point, and take it down. Ok, so they are shielded. But surely that doesn’t make them completely invulnerable?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Do you seriously think that (outside of the bloody prince thing) anyone is stupid/bored/crazy enough to go dive into old LA?”

Quaggan is stupid enough.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Do you seriously think that (outside of the bloody prince thing) anyone is stupid/bored/crazy enough to go dive into old LA? The place from which mere months ago karka jumped out, which was the connection point to the mists multiple times (again not counting bp candy bags right now even if it does explain how they got there) and the ruins of a pirate town under a pirate town probably meaning that every little piece of valuables are gone?

Uh… the karka invasion was over a year ago now even in-game. And I don’t know what you mean by the connection point to the Mists given how the Mists’ connection is in Fort Marriner.

Well it is underwater. There’s not that many guards underwater. Still, it seems odd that no one would notice it at some point, and take it down. Ok, so they are shielded. But surely that doesn’t make them completely invulnerable?

It does if people can’t figure out how to take down the shield. After all, we’re dealing with an insane genius – emphasis on the insane, means logical thinking may not work on how to take down the shield. Who knows, maybe the way to take it down is to dance like a chicken in front of it – or more seriously, to kill her minions near it, but there are no minions in LA!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

It does if people can’t figure out how to take down the shield. After all, we’re dealing with an insane genius – emphasis on the insane, means logical thinking may not work on how to take down the shield. Who knows, maybe the way to take it down is to dance like a chicken in front of it – or more seriously, to kill her minions near it, but there are no minions in LA!

I tend to disagree.
First off these probes are there for a long time now. Which means they could look at them much earlier.

Second, this is right in the middle of LA (again if we think about the Aetherblades), which means we have access to excavating tools and Ships.
This measn the people of LA could easily just dig it out.

The shield does not cover the whole structure, or does go below the earth as far as i am concerned.

Third, we encounterd so many of Scarlets minions, machinery etc. for over a year. At some point there should be someone who can deal with this. I mean, Vorpp did not need a lot of time to crack her teleportation (and i am so annoyed that he only comes back now with EotM) and there are certainly other smart people out there who have an expertise with magic probing or simply just shielding… heck as far as i am concerned most golems are able to provide shielding..

I am sorry, but just because she is a “genius” does not mean the world is stupid (though till now we do not have many evidence against it sadly)

in Lore

Andele.1306

Uh… the karka invasion was over a year ago now even in-game. And I don’t know what you mean by the connection point to the Mists given how the Mists’ connection is in Fort Marriner.

Connection to the mists i mean the entire sequence of weird kitten that happened in GW1 in LA… you know demon invasion… candy corn invasion… gremlin “invasion”… a lot of shiz from the mists popped up in la.

in Lore

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Why is there a thumper in the middle of lions arch. One should think that it should have been destroyed right away…

Well, the quaggan live there. They can see it when fishing, one would think a Lionguard can possibly maybe react to bunch of Quaggans saying “Coo, there is something in the water!”

in Lore

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

“Yeah, there’s a thumper in the water, Mai Trin escaped, and Ellen’s yelling her head off that Scarlet’s coming to invade. Nope, nothing to worry about, nothing to see here, please move along…”

Filed under ‘Things That Make You Go Hmm’.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Well, the rest of the captain’s council is obviously working for Scarlet. They’ve been offered positions of power in her new regime :P

in Lore

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

Anyone consider that Scarlet replaced the entire captains counsel with Memsered Watchknights?

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Lore

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

“Just a regular day in Lions Arch.. I should buy a boat”

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Anyone consider that Scarlet replaced the entire captains counsel with Memsered Watchknights?

No, basically because watchknights haven’t used their mesmer capabilities since they were corrupted. Part of me always assumed that whatever Scarlet did to hijack them corrupted that capability.

in Lore

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I see this as being one of only 3 possible answers for the reaction of the lionguard.
1) See quote (Captains Counsel is replaced by mesmered Watchknights)
2) Captains Counsel is working for Scarlet
3) Extremely poor writing that assumes charactors are one dimensional and never learn any lessons based on past experience

I mean c’mon, how would the lionguard even think to respond like that given recent history. Let’s recap, shall we?
- Player charactor warns of a Zhiatan attack and are shrugged off. Then Lion’s Arch is attacked (Personal Story) and we must save them (along with the pact)
- Karkas attack
- Southsun is attacked (which falls in Lion Arch’s jurisdiction) by Canach
- Scarlet attacks the city and kills a counselor
- Scarlet JUST broke out Mia Trinn who orchestrated the attack on Lions Arch, obviously still holds a grudge against the city, and has a fairly large fighting force at her disposal.
- A “thumper” is found IN Lion’s Arch, placed there by a known hostile force and said “thumper” has shown activity now
- Evon Gnashblade, at the least a respected business man with ties into the community, has been warning of an attack for months now

How much more evidence does one need to at least make preparations to protect the city (the sole job of the lionguard in the first place)?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anise and some mesmers-behind-the-scenes were the ones giving the Watchknights mesmer abilities.

Scarlet would need some mesmers to cloak her Twisted Clockwork minion. Which given she has stone holograms and whatever-powered-the-veil-around-the-Tower-of-Nightmares, I doubt she’d be unable to do.

Also, it’s Evon, not Ellen, who’s screaming about an imminent attack.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i think the council is just too dense. they’ve flubbed LA with the powers of “too stupid and pushing personal agendas to save the city” before.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Well Konig,

Ellen is screaming about an imminent attack to the Council in LA, they just aren’t listening. She tells us this after you’ve finished the story.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Well Konig,

Ellen is screaming about an imminent attack to the Council in LA, they just aren’t listening. She tells us this after you’ve finished the story.

yep, this.

remember on sea of sorrows (the novel), how they showed a couple meetings of the council and it would keep reaching a stalemate because all the other captains are too busy with their own agendas to see the problem right in front of them?

think that, but replace cobiah with kiel.

“YOU IDIOTS, WE NEED TO SET UP PROPER DEFENSES”

“psh, lion’s arch survived one attack, i doubt she’ll do it again”

“THIS IS JUST LIKE CLAW ISLAND TWO YEARS AGO”

“we did retake the island eventually, didn’t we?”

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Anise and some mesmers-behind-the-scenes were the ones giving the Watchknights mesmer abilities.

Scarlet would need some mesmers to cloak her Twisted Clockwork minion. Which given she has stone holograms and whatever-powered-the-veil-around-the-Tower-of-Nightmares, I doubt she’d be unable to do.

What Narcemus said, but I was also really let down when Evon’s dialogue didn’t change. Given that he was the one that saw it coming, I was hoping for some cutting variant of “I told you so.”

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

What Narcemus said, but I was also really let down when Evon’s dialogue didn’t change. Given that he was the one that saw it coming, I was hoping for some cutting variant of “I told you so.”

wait until the attack happens, then he’ll say it (if he lives through it)

in Lore

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

Personally I believe it could be Mordremoth, and I also think we have seen him before this. I think he is the “dragon” you fight when your in the dream as a new Sylvari. I think he is trying to break through the dream.

Here the picture of the cave painting and a screen of the “dragon” in the dream. They look a lot alike.

Attachments:

(edited by Moteris.5913)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Personally I believe it could be Mordremoth, and I also think we have seen him before this. I think he is the “dragon” you fight when your in the dream as a new Sylvari. I think he is trying to break through the dream.

Here the picture of the cave painting and a screen of the “dragon” in the dream. They look a lot alike.

yes, they look alike.

but that’s definitely not mordy. way too tiny.

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

The dragon in the personal story tutorial is almost certainly Zaitan. The personal story is, essentially, you vs Zaitan and it will remain that way after the jungle dragon has come and gone.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

The dragon in the personal story tutorial is almost certainly Zaitan. The personal story is, essentially, you vs Zaitan and it will remain that way after the jungle dragon has come and gone.

Not necessarily. Just because it was part of that storyline doesn’t mean anything- there are quests, even arcs, in the personal story that focus on fighting other dragons, and none of the other tutorials had anything to do with Zhaitan- and the fact that the NPCs jumped to that conclusion actually surprised me. According to a surprisingly large amount of pre-launch material, the threat of the dragons as a whole casts a shadow into the Dream. Combine that with what that boss is named, and I have a case for claiming that our character’s Wyld Hunt is to fight against all of the dragons. Zhaitan was just the obvious first choice.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

basically what aaron said. just because the mender was like “dragon? well we got a bunch of risen here, why don’t you go kill zhaitan?” doesn’t mean the player’s wyld hunt is tied to zhaitan alone. or even zhaitan himself. maybe the dream does refer to a single dragon, but it would be the very last one, the one that fulfills the player’s wyld hunt.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well Konig,

So I learned after posting.

remember on sea of sorrows (the novel), how they showed a couple meetings of the council and it would keep reaching a stalemate because all the other captains are too busy with their own agendas to see the problem right in front of them?

think that, but replace cobiah with kiel.

This is basically any sort of committee government ever – especially in stories.

Not necessarily. Just because it was part of that storyline doesn’t mean anything- there are quests, even arcs, in the personal story that focus on fighting other dragons, and none of the other tutorials had anything to do with Zhaitan- and the fact that the NPCs jumped to that conclusion actually surprised me. According to a surprisingly large amount of pre-launch material, the threat of the dragons as a whole casts a shadow into the Dream. Combine that with what that boss is named, and I have a case for claiming that our character’s Wyld Hunt is to fight against all of the dragons. Zhaitan was just the obvious first choice.

basically what aaron said. just because the mender was like “dragon? well we got a bunch of risen here, why don’t you go kill zhaitan?” doesn’t mean the player’s wyld hunt is tied to zhaitan alone. or even zhaitan himself. maybe the dream does refer to a single dragon, but it would be the very last one, the one that fulfills the player’s wyld hunt.

AHEM

<Character name>: If I may ask, Mother-in my dream, I also saw a fierce, horrible dragon. I’ve been told it is my Wyld Hunt to face this monster. Is that true?
Avatar of the Tree: I fear that it is. A Wyld Hunt is a sacred thing, a burden placed by the Dream upon the strongest and bravest of my children.
Avatar of the Tree: In your Dream, you fought an Elder Dragon face-to-face. Only two of my children have had such a dream. You, and Caithe.
Avatar of the Tree: All sylvari fight the dragon’s servants, the undead, but I believe you will face Zhaitan itself. I also believe you will prevail.

This discussion happens at the end of every first story arc for sylvari (White Stag, Green Huntsman, and Shield of the Moon) just before meeting Trahearne.

So yeah. That’s Zhaitan. Not Mordremoth.

Unless the Pale Tree, caretaker of the Dream of Dreams and of Wyld Hunts, are wrong about your own Wyld Hunt. Oh and at the end of the tutorial:

<Character name>: “She and I fought side by side against a poison in the Dream. I saw the shadow of a terrible dragon, and I felt the Dream call upon me to defeat it.”
Mender Serimon: “By the Tree! A Wyld Hunt, so soon? And such a momentous task. To be a Valiant of the Wyld Hunt is a difficult charge. Bear this calling with pride.”

So even if the Pale Tree is wrong about it being Zhaitan, the sylvari PC itself says it was a calling to defeat the dragon that was represented in that shadow (whatever dragon it is for, it was merely a shadow of it – not a champion, not the Elder Dragon itself, but a shadow, a representation). One can hear near where sylvari wake up what a Wyld Dream feels like and it seems to match the words of the PC there.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

well, if you pay attention to her wording, she doesn’t clearly state that the wyld hunt is killing zhaitan. she just states that it’s something you’ll have to do.

plus, it would suit the game better if its hero’s motivation, their ultimate goal in life, didn’t end before 4/5 (or 5/6) of the world’s troubles are over.

in other words, i think the hunt is actually “slay dragons”, just like some hunts are as vague as “fight against dragon minions”.

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

What happens when you complete the Hunt? Is there a moment of clarity, like “Ah, yes, I’ve definitely finished my Hunt!”, or what? Is there a way for us to know, definitively, when the Hunt has been finished?

in Lore

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

yes, they look alike.

but that’s definitely not mordy. way too tiny.

Just spitballing here, But what if Mordy was not strong enough to break fully into the dream and that is why he is not large enough and is easily beaten by new Sylvari?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

well, if you pay attention to her wording, she doesn’t clearly state that the wyld hunt is killing zhaitan. she just states that it’s something you’ll have to do.

plus, it would suit the game better if its hero’s motivation, their ultimate goal in life, didn’t end before 4/5 (or 5/6) of the world’s troubles are over.

in other words, i think the hunt is actually “slay dragons”, just like some hunts are as vague as “fight against dragon minions”.

That… is splitting hairs to an insane degree.

PC: “I’m told my Wyld Hunt is to slay a dragon because I dreamed it. Is this true?”
PT: “Yes, only two have such a Wyld Hunt. You and Caithe. While other sylvari face the dragon’s minions, I believe you will face Zhaitan itself.”

The Pale Tree only mentions Zhaitan. The minions the other sylvari face is specifically the Risen. The PC shares Wyld Hunts with Caithe – which is stated to be complete when Zhaitan is killed (at least if you talk to Caithe as a sylvari in the PS instance of Victory or Death at Fort Trinity).

In short:

• You and Caithe SHARE Wyld Hunts. They are the same.
  • Caithe states her Wyld Hunt is completed with Zhaitan’s death.

And though it’s been a while and I don’t have any screenshots on my laptop (may be on my desktop so I can get back to you on this in 4 days if you wish), I believe my sylvari stated her Wyld Hunt was over too.

Keep in mind though: Sylvari can get new Wyld Hunts after waking (in fact, it’s often the case that they get Wyld Hunts after awakening, not while dreaming still), and can have more than one Wyld Hunt – it’s possible very easily for a sylvari to get a new Wyld Hunt just after completing the previous one.

So the sylvari PC – and even Caithe and Trahearne – can get new Wyld Hunts about the other Elder Dragons later on.

My point, however, is that the Shadow of the Dragon is outright stated by the Pale Tree to represent Zhaitan specifically, and it is stated by both the Pale Tree and the player character to be a mere shadow – not a champion or the like itself, as it is often believed.

What happens when you complete the Hunt? Is there a moment of clarity, like “Ah, yes, I’ve definitely finished my Hunt!”, or what? Is there a way for us to know, definitively, when the Hunt has been finished?

I THINK so, but it’s been a long time.

What I know for sure is Caithe jokingly suggests making your sylvari PC an honorary Firstborn for helping two of them complete their Wyld Hunts (to non-sylvari, it’s honorary sylvari).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

What bothers me about that explanation, though, is A.) The Pale Tree does not even try to explain her logic there, and B.) It doesn’t even try to account for the fact that the dragon shadow was the source of the nightmare hounds in the Dream.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

On point It wasn’t.

“This poison spreads hatred and anger. We must fight it.”
→Who caused this?
“An evil group called the Nightmare Court. They wish to harm the sleepers. Trust me, sapling. All will be made clear to you very soon.”

Sayeth Caithe, second time she pops up in the tutorial. The Nightmare Hounds was caused by the Nightmare Court.

The poison then takes form as a dragon because the dragon is your Wyld Hunt – because you are there where the poison is strongest.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Avatar of the Tree: In your Dream, you fought an Elder Dragon face-to-face. Only two of my children have had such a dream. You, and Caithe.
Avatar of the Tree: All sylvari fight the dragon’s servants, the undead, but I believe you will face Zhaitan itself. I also believe you will prevail.

So only the PC and Caithe have fought Zhaitan in the Dream… And Scarlet knows a secret about Caithe (a shared secret, if I remember correctly)… and Scarlet draws pictures of a dragon on the ceiling of her cave, which shares a likeness with the dragon from the Dream.

This seems to be hinting towards Zhaitan. Not Mordremoth, not Primordus, but the dragon we supposedly defeated. An Elder Dragon whose champion recently became stronger (Tequatl) and was said to have a story reason.

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

So only the PC and Caithe have fought Zhaitan in the Dream… And Scarlet knows a secret about Caithe (a shared secret, if I remember correctly)… and Scarlet draws pictures of a dragon on the ceiling of her cave, which shares a likeness with the dragon from the Dream.

This seems to be hinting towards Zhaitan. Not Mordremoth, not Primordus, but the dragon we supposedly defeated. An Elder Dragon whose champion recently became stronger (Tequatl) and was said to have a story reason.

I think the Zhaitan idea has merit with LA being the target. Zhaitan is the only dragon(I think?) that has invaded LA with it’s minions. Considering they said Tequatl’s buff was related to the LS(but who knows how loosely? But hasn’t been addressed yet which is strange…) and the general panning of Zhaitan’s final fight, might this be an opportunity to redeem Zhaitan’s implementation? I mean he definitely has reason to attack LA and the Pact.

But, is Anet really going to go back?(As much as I want them to). When do they call quits and say the past is the past and move on to newer things?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jormag attempted to attack Lion’s Arch. Whether it was direct or indirect isn’t clear, but a Son of Svanir intended to use the Sanguinary Blade to lead an army of icebrood onto Lion’s Arch during the Durmand Priory storyline.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Apparently, a french fansite has posted (then deleted) some lines of dialogues from next update.

Huge spoilers… Don’t know if it’s a fake but be extremely careful.

(of course, this is in french)

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

This adds some more pieces to the puzzle. It pretty clear now. Scarlett looked too far and came face to face with Primordus. That eye looks very familiar to his eye when he woke up in GW1. If he’s seen as an image of red thorns strangling the Pale Tree, well:

• He’s very much red and spiky.
  • The roots of the pale tree must surely extend for miles, given its height. And where are the destroyers? Why, clearing huge tracts of land under Tyria of course. And lured up by these thumpers no doubt. They’re already surfacing at the Dominon of Winds, and that’s right on the pale tree’s doorstep. Surely they’re already gnawing away at her roots.

Primordus got a hold of Scarlet’s mind. He’s been whispering in her ear. She’s targeting us so we’ll be out of his way. Look at that map she’s got Xs on Vigil Keep, the Durmond Priory, the Chantry of Secrets and Lion’s Arch. She plans to wipe out the Pact and our most important city.

She’s setting the table. The dragon is hungry. Let’s cancel dinner, shall we?

Does Primordus corrupt like the others? I know that his minions tend to be named after other creature types, but I though EOTN established them as just being spawned directly from lava? Though I guess maybe the flaming legion shamans are the counterpoint to that line of thinking?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

In the detective sequence I think each of Scarlet’s alliance partners were explained apart from the nightmare court. Even though the reasons were implausible, like wanting guns and getting bullied, I guess there’s nothing more to be said about them. So that leaves the nightmare court and although Scarlet might have promised them a mechanical nightmare tree, I’m guessing they should have more into the bargain. Do you think they might be the one group who actually wants Scarlet to find her entity?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Does Primordus corrupt like the others? I know that his minions tend to be named after other creature types, but I though EOTN established them as just being spawned directly from lava? Though I guess maybe the flaming legion shamans are the counterpoint to that line of thinking?

Usually Destroyers are made from rock and lava. They are spawned in pools of lava (in most cases – “destroyer eggs” from skritt storyline being the one known exception, which unlike the pools of lava which spawn multiple destroyers over time, the eggs spawn just one). They’re named after crabs, harpies, and trolls because destroyers are created in mimicry of living beings – they are not corrupted living beings, though.

This said, however, it is possible for Primordus to corrupt a living being. He, for some unknown reason doesn’t “prefer” (for lack of a better word) to, and we haven’t seen such a creature except possibly the Volcanic Fractal with the grawl shaman, but he can. How this looks when he does this would be the said living corrupted victim being encased in stone and the body slowly liquifying.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This said, however, it is possible for Primordus to corrupt a living being. He, for some unknown reason doesn’t “prefer” (for lack of a better word) to, and we haven’t seen such a creature except possibly the Volcanic Fractal with the grawl shaman, but he can. How this looks when he does this would be the said living corrupted victim being encased in stone and the body slowly liquifying.

This is one of the things that still confuses me. Is the transformation of the grawl shaman a corruption by Primordus? He literally becomes a being of pure fire. This could be just the result of his magical ritual as well of course.

in Lore

Andele.1306

This is one of the things that still confuses me. Is the transformation of the grawl shaman a corruption by Primordus? He literally becomes a being of pure fire. This could be just the result of his magical ritual as well of course.

We got charr that did the same with titan magic, probably not primo but just reused model like 60% of fractals was. And important unlike all destroyers it counts as a elemental (since it take 10% more if you got the consumable).

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was, in fact, asking about that grawl shaman in relation to Primordus (because it wields a destroyer bow and other reasons) that gave us the statement that Primordus himself (aka in Tyria, as I read it) has not been seen corrupting living beings yet, but he can and it was when they told us how – comparing it to how Icebrood progress in corruption (begin with being coated in ice, then slowly turning into ice itself.

We got charr that did the same with titan magic, probably not primo but just reused model like 60% of fractals was. And important unlike all destroyers it counts as a elemental (since it take 10% more if you got the consumable).

That’s not titan magic. They ceased using titan magic 250 years ago – well before they began infusing their own bodies with fire via self-mutilating rituals known as the Baelfire ritual (which heavily implies the ritual is actually a very recent thing – as recent as Gaheron).

The Grawl Shaman was a 100% unique model, made just for the fractal; same as the cat-eared golems, Jade Maw/Jade Maw Tentacles (and everything else in the Solid Oceanic Fractal).

The counting as elemental is a mechanical thing and not necessarily lore value. If we were to take families and armies (Anet’s terminology for two lines of code that determine an NPC’s mechanical species and group affiliation), then the Molten Alliance isn’t of dredge and Flame Legion, but beings that look like dredge and Flame Legion (this was a technical issue they had to ensure that the Molten Alliance did not fight each other civil war style, like normal dredge and Flame Legion would).

Dear ANet writers,