What did you do to iLeap?!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Illusionary Leap: Fixed a bug that allowed players to swap places with their clone after it was destroyed.

Why did you nerf this skill? I don’t even play Mesmer, but this change seems like such an uncalled for change. The ability to time and use this skill was a sign of a truly skilled Mesmer that distinguished good players from just a button spammer. Now a huge defensive part of the skill set that has been a part of the kit since release is now just suddenly gone, with no compensation, on a kit and class that really wasn’t causing any balance problems to begin with. Even as a non-Mesmer player I find this change upsetting.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

so being able to swap places with a clone that doesn’t exist anymore is a “defensive part of the skill set”? that really does sound like a bug to me. was the Mesmer meant to swap places with nothing?

because that patch note does not say you can’t switch places with the clone anymore. it says you can’t switch with the clone if the clone is already gone. i.e. the clone has to exist, in order to switch places with it.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

in Profession Balance

Posted by: petyr baelish.9675

petyr baelish.9675

so being able to swap places with a clone that doesn’t exist anymore is a “defensive part of the skill set”? that really does sound like a bug to me. was the Mesmer meant to swap places with nothing?

because that patch note does not say you can’t switch places with the clone anymore. it says you can’t switch with the clone if the clone is already gone. i.e. the clone has to exist, in order to switch places with it.

Please play mesmer before commenting. It has always been assumed that it was intended but not proplerly explained in the tooltip, like many other skills. I doubt anybody has ever complained about the way it functioned, suddenly it’s a bug that needs fixing and has higher priority than the countless of other bugs that plague the class.

Sword 3 has always been hard to use because of the terrian bug, instead of fixing that first they changed the skill so it’s completely unusable now. In the off chance you actually do spawn a clone that doesn’t get stuck, it’ll almost always die before reaching it’s target. You won’t be able to use ileap either if you overwrite the clone, which happens on A LOT of occasions.

(edited by petyr baelish.9675)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

You know that clone in question is instantly killed by pretty much anything that looks at it, making this skill borderline useless?

But hey, let’s look on the bright side! At least our number 2 skill can do 10k retaliation damage to us in 3 seconds and our autoattack has amazing 2k crits and boon removal every 3 hits while standing in melee range with a whole 1.8k armour! /sarcasm

Have fun face rolling what little of us shatter mesmers remain with your passive condition spam and 3k toughness. It obviously wasn’t enough that we had to land 3-4+ consecutive mind wrack combos to kill these cheesy builds, because now we have to land it without you simply walking out of our clone range. LOL.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s quite disappointing to see a high level feature of main-hand sword removed. Even if the clone was destroyed either before it reached the target or before you could activate the immobilise, you were still able to to do a mini port to the location of the spawned clone, so the skill wasn’t completely wasted. This allowed for some interesting use of iLeap as a defensive skill and gave shatter Mesmers using sword an extra GTFO card, which they really needed. Now it’s quite one dimensional and has absolutely no use in any part of the game where illusion upkeep is especially low. I struggle to see why anyone would use main-hand sword for Mesmer now, especially in WvW.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Riox.6129

Riox.6129

This post would be so much better if people who didn’t play mesmer (people who have no idea how underpowered our class is in most situations) weren’t making fools f themselves by saying this “fix” is a fix

True wisdom is acknowledging the extent of our ignorance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The problems go far beyond the clone being destroyed by our enemies.

Our own class features/traits/weapon skills nullify the leap via clone replacement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3mYzwKWdk&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This is probably not the best way to tell a developer that they may not have thought a bugfix through.

Because seriously, the person who fixed this probably considered it a bugfix. The functionality was clearly a bug. The tooltip says you swap with the clone, it makes sense that given no clone, you cannot swap.

Of course, it was also one of the skill’s saving graces considering the bugged pathing, but like I said, we probably shouldn’t immediately cry bloody murder about it – I’m a dev who frequently does debugging work, and I doubt the person fixing this considered it anything else than a bug finally squished.

But to any developer reading this: I would ofc prefer a pathing fix. I understand this is problematic, so either restoring the bug or making the clone able to act as a fourth clone and giving it protection until the swap resets would be a way to make this more usable.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Illusionary Leap: Fixed a bug that allowed players to swap places with their clone after it was destroyed.

Why did you nerf this skill?

because they don t have a clue.
Also because most of game designers probably left the game/were relocated short after the game was published.

Now we have developers that are trying to change an existing game in something else they have in mind and obviously, its not working.

Because seriously, the person who fixed this probably considered it a bugfix. The functionality was clearly a bug. The tooltip says you swap with the clone, it makes sense that given no clone, you cannot swap.

As Always your unpopular theories are clearly intended ._.
How many people did you hear talking about this “bug” before today?

No its wasn t clearly a bug.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

But it was clearly a bug. Look at the tooltip of the skill . Do you really think this was programmer-intended behaviour?

Ofc, I don’t like the change. Not at all. And I’d either want it reversed or something else done to the Leap to compensate. But I can understand that the programmer who fixed it didn’t think of it as a balance-changing thing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I have noticed I could swap after it was destroyed, I just never understood why. It doesn’t seem to make sense, but maybe I could just be inexperienced.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Seems to me like adding counterplay, like they did with infiltrator’s strike.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Profession Balance

Ross Biddle.2367

But it was clearly a bug. Look at the tooltip of the skill . Do you really think this was programmer-intended behaviour?

Ofc, I don’t like the change. Not at all. And I’d either want it reversed or something else done to the Leap to compensate. But I can understand that the programmer who fixed it didn’t think of it as a balance-changing thing.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Mage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHY6gJRhXM

Tooltip says: Create an illusion that confuses foes and grants retaliation to allies.

Looks like a bug that it fails to hit, but apparently this is programmer intended behavior for projectiles as per the below video submission and dev response in THE mesmer bug thread (watch clone projectiles miss repeatedly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QnRg6M56ABw#t=72

15. Intended. This is how projectile/missile “tracking” works.

So I’m seeing a disconnect between tool tips, intended behavior, and bugs/functionality.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Ofc the tooltips don’t always add up. It should note that it fires a projectile which confuses foes, or, much more useful, fire an instant-beam because hell knows the phantasms is weak enough as is. :P

But my point was, you can’t argue that this wasn’t a bugfix. Sorry. And it probably doesn’t do much good to hate on the – probably – programmer who fixed it, because there’s a very good chance he or she thought nothing of it when fixing the bug, bugs are there to be fixed and it was probably somewhere in the bugtracker.

Now ofc, we can – and should – argue that this makes the sword unnecessarily weak, or rather, iLeap in particular due to how bad the original Leap is.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Seems to me like adding counterplay, like they did with infiltrator’s strike.

Because the previously available options weren’t enough? Let us count the ways.

1. Dodge
  2. Walk away from the clone at a leisurely pace
  3. Position yourself on a non-flat surface, and watch the clone flip out and become lost on its journey from the mesmer to your feet

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I can honestly name several bugs on sword alone for thieves that need to be “fixed”, and are unintentional. In this case (and several others) this bug was in the game since launch, and has remained until today. There are countless bugs in this game, that enhance gameplay, and increase skill caps on certain classes.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Profession Balance

Ross Biddle.2367

Ofc the tooltips don’t always add up. It should note that it fires a projectile which confuses foes, or, much more useful, fire an instant-beam because hell knows the phantasms is weak enough as is. :P

But my point was, you can’t argue that this wasn’t a bugfix. Sorry. And it probably doesn’t do much good to hate on the – probably – programmer who fixed it, because there’s a very good chance he or she thought nothing of it when fixing the bug, bugs are there to be fixed and it was probably somewhere in the bugtracker.

Now ofc, we can – and should – argue that this makes the sword unnecessarily weak, or rather, iLeap in particular due to how bad the original Leap is.

It was a bugfix. It was stated as one in the game update. But who cares. Intentions can be altered, and the “fix” needs to be redone, revised, or reworked. Plain and simple.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

It was a bugfix. It was stated as one in the game update. But who cares. Intentions can be altered, and the “fix” needs to be redone, revised, or reworked. Plain and simple.

Yeah, agreed.

I think the best solution would ofc be to fix the actual leap, but they said before that these NPC-pathing-issues are some rather deep problem with the engine they use. No clue where they bought that one, but they do seem unfamiliar with the source, granted.

A secondary way to alleviate the issue would be to simply make the clone use the leap Warrior or Guardian GS use. As far as I know it’s a check-obstruction path instead of a find-ground-path path. You can’t Leap through a wall, but it doesn’t have to curve around rocks on the ground like Engineer Rocket Boots Tool Belt or the likes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Tooltips….yeah….Lets read a few…
Warrior sword N2 “Lunge at your foe and strike them…..bla…bla…” – But this skills can be used without target to run from enemy. Clearly bug. Need fix.
Greatsword N3 “Whirl in a target’s direction….bla…bla” Wow. Can be used without target too. Must…fix….!!!!!

Thief heartseeker… It may go on. Most of the skills in game shouldn’t be able to be used without a target! Cause they all have “shoot at foe, strike foe” and etc in the tooltip!

I bet I can find alot of skills like that. Should clearly fix it. If u used a skill without a target, hero should fall into deep coma and start thinking about becoming a tp trader.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

Tooltips….yeah….Lets read a few…
Warrior sword N2 “Lunge at your foe and strike them…..bla…bla…” – But this skills can be used without target to run from enemy. Clearly bug. Need fix.
Greatsword N3 “Whirl in a target’s direction….bla…bla” Wow. Can be used without target too. Must…fix….!!!!!

Thief heartseeker… It may go on. Most of the skills in game shouldn’t be able to be used without a target! Cause they all have “shoot at foe, strike foe” and etc in the tooltip!

I bet I can find alot of skills like that. Should clearly fix it. If u used a skill without a target, hero should fall into deep coma and start thinking about becoming a tp trader.

But devs play warriors and thieves…And when their bosses ask reports of bugfixing
they nerf only useless mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Have fun face rolling what little of us shatter mesmers remain with your passive condition spam and 3k toughness. It obviously wasn’t enough that we had to land 3-4+ consecutive mind wrack combos to kill these cheesy builds, because now we have to land it without you simply walking out of our clone range. LOL.

just spam phantasms and stealth, you’ll be ok.

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

just spam phantasms and stealth, you’ll be ok.

But spamming 1111111 with warrior would have been so much more effective…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Eh, I dont think it’s a quite as kittenome people are making out.. But still, it’s annoying they manage to fix this bug when they still cant get round to fixing the bugs on iLeap which cause it to outright fail half the time.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

Eh, I dont think it’s a quite as kittenome people are making out.. But still, it’s annoying they manage to fix this bug when they still cant get round to fixing the bugs on iLeap which cause it to outright fail half the time.

So…we lose breakstun on relatively small cooldown. We lose gap closer….we lose escape mechanic. Also we lose half reliable immobilize. And all in 1 skill. Yeeeeeah….sounds quite alot.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Anet fixed this bug properly, cause honestly, it did seem like a bug.

Now redesign the skill to work the way it used to.

I hardly ever play mesmer, but this seems like an unwanted change.

Although I do think low cooldown ‘stunbreaks’ are a bad thing.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

Flying warriors on www does seem like a bug. They should fix all their escape skills. They should be only gap closers. Not escape run away like lighting skills.

p.s. Because tooltips! thats why!

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

Flying warriors on www does seem like a bug. They should fix all their escape skills. They should be only gap closers. Not escape run away like lighting skills.

What tooltip leads you to think this way?

Weird comment.

Btw, if we are fixing all escape skills, then no more teleports and stealth for you mister!

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

Weird comment.

Btw, if we are fixing all escape skills, then no more teleports and stealth for you mister!

Didnt you read my post above? “Lunge at enemy.” "Swirl to the enemy. "

Thats a tooltips of the warrior escape skills. Obviously escaping is not intended and is an exploit, that should be fixed.

p.s. Tooltips is a god. Obey tooltips.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Thats a tooltips of the warrior escape skills. Obviously escaping is not intended and is an exploit, that should be fixed.

While you’re at it, I suggest you make a thread with a list of misleading tooltips.

It would be a fun read, definitely, seeing what the game would turn into if all tooltips in the game were followed to the letter, just as some non-mesmers definitely want here to.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

While you’re at it, I suggest you make a thread with a list of misleading tooltips.

It would be a fun read, definitely, seeing what the game would turn into if all tooltips in the game were followed to the letter, just as some non-mesmers definitely want here to.

Pointless. Devs would just be like: “Meh…another mehmer QQ. Ltp nabs. Our hambow wars doesnt feel any nerfs. So obviously there is no nerfs.”

And players would be like:
Mehmers : so true bro! /crying screams on the background
Others: ltp nabs. Our hambow wars are fine.

Ill just use this warrior escape skills as argument vs “tooltip said this…tooltip said that”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

Weird comment.

Lil weak. Not that funny either. What you’re doing is taking things out of context into ridiculousness. Also, completely unnessecary and counterproductive to bring up other classes when talking about fixing a mesmer skill.

A tooltip that says swap with the clone would imply that if there is no clone, i.e. because of it dying to quickly, there can be no swap. A tooltip saying you need a target for the skill to work does not fit this description, because otherwise what would happen if the target is simply too far away?

Now I hear everybody on your end going nuts, as they also nerfed elementalists’ RtL exactly because of this. They probably will do this to warriors as well. Then I reply by saying that other classes, like thief and mesmer have copious amounts of stealth and teleports to escape any given situation at will. So why do these classes get escape tools, whereas warriors or elementalists don’t?

And that is how you completely derail off topic.

I repeat what I said earlier, change the skill for it to work the way it used to, with a correct tooltip. One might argue that if the clone dies before you manage to leap, the mesmer should be punished for this in some way. That means taking away the immobilize, the leap, or increasing the cooldown (you know, back to the RtL nerf?).

However, I didn’t mind the old version.

This tooltip ftw stuff has to end.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

(notice how the Thief skill uses Initiative)

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

Weird comment.

I repeat what I said earlier, change the skill for it to work the way it used to, with a correct tooltip. One might argue that if the clone dies before you manage to leap, the mesmer should be punished for this in some way. That means taking away the immobilize, the leap, or increasing the cooldown (you know, back to the RtL nerf?).

Exactly this. This nerf holds no argument whatsoever. There was no need to nerf this skill. And if they want to nerf this skill, because of tooltip > go and nerf all other skills, that have such tooltips.

Btw. Problem of target to far away or no target is already have a solution! Mesmer phantoms! If target is to far away skill just goes on cd without any effect. If there is no target, u can’t use this skill. Easy!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Weird comment.

Lil weak. Not that funny either. What you’re doing is taking things out of context into ridiculousness. Also, completely unnessecary and counterproductive to bring up other classes when talking about fixing a mesmer skill.

A tooltip that says swap with the clone would imply that if there is no clone, i.e. because of it dying to quickly, there can be no swap. A tooltip saying you need a target for the skill to work does not fit this description, because otherwise what would happen if the target is simply too far away?

Now I hear everybody on your end going nuts, as they also nerfed elementalists’ RtL exactly because of this. They probably will do this to warriors as well. Then I reply by saying that other classes, like thief and mesmer have copious amounts of stealth and teleports to escape any given situation at will. So why do these classes get escape tools, whereas warriors or elementalists don’t?

And that is how you completely derail off topic.

lol. That isn’t ‘taking things out of context into ridiculousness’. It is a very, very valid argument and you’re trying to avoid it for some reason. Has ele been nerfed constantly to such ridiculousness like mesmer? Does ele have like 30 bugs with phantasms, traits, weapons skills ect and still get nerfed constantly while hearing ‘the bugs are hard to fix, give us time’ from devs or constant promises that they’ll be fixed in the next patch only to see more nerfs? No. Did ele get one of it’s key skills stealth-nerfed and in trying to get the devs to un-do the nerf get one of it’s most valuable players which contributes to the class immensely over forums banned for PMing devs to get it fixed? No. Do some research on mesmers before you say something like that. It isn’t about the friggin nerf to iLeap. It is a totally uncalled stupid nerf, but it is one of a long series, and the mesmer community keeps getting more and more annoyed with every patch because we’re promised flowers and we get the middle finger constantly.

Pineapples rule

in Profession Balance

Jurica.1742

Notice how the thief skill has no cooldown. Initiative fills the role of cooldown.

Pineapples rule

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Uses initiative which regenerates every second.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Combos in Street Fighter 2 were a ‘bug’ too.

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

Do some research on mesmers before you say something like that. It isn’t about the friggin nerf to iLeap. It is a totally uncalled stupid nerf, but it is one of a long series, and the mesmer community keeps getting more and more annoyed with every patch because we’re promised flowers and we get the middle finger constantly.

Seriously bro? You schooling me on this, a warrior main since launch? Try being absolutely worthless in anything pvp related for a year before things get better. I know mesmers are not exactly a walk in the park right now, but you never were, and never will be in the same spot warriors were just a year ago.

I know enough about the class and the bugs that plague it that this so-called tooltip fix stealth nerf is total bs. That’s why I said to just change the skill to work as it used to. We were having a discussion about interpreting tooltips, not wether or not mesmers should have their old iLeap.

Has the mesmer playerbase really become this vengeful? I don’t remember it this way.

in Profession Balance

Sergoros.4398

Has the mesmer playerbase really become this vengeful? I don’t remember it this way.

We just angry. Very angry. U, green one, should understand us. We were bullied to much and to often. And this nerf is just a hit in the balls. We loved this skill. It was adding sweet “wow! Im so skilled timing this ileap so perfectly”. And it is gone.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

My point was that the thief-skill isn’t generic, it’s woven to the class mechanic. Likewise, our skills are often fused to our class mechanic, which is shatter, which by nature necessities generating clones or phantasms.

One could ask why Clones are often a downside, ofc. And it’d be a very valid question and then leads to rather uncomfortable questions (for the programmers behind the engine I imagine) why AI is incapable of depicting player behaviour in some faked manner.

in Profession Balance

Jurica.1742

Do some research on mesmers before you say something like that. It isn’t about the friggin nerf to iLeap. It is a totally uncalled stupid nerf, but it is one of a long series, and the mesmer community keeps getting more and more annoyed with every patch because we’re promised flowers and we get the middle finger constantly.

Seriously bro? You schooling me on this, a warrior main since launch? Try being absolutely worthless in anything pvp related for a year before things get better. I know mesmers are not exactly a walk in the park right now, but you never were, and never will be in the same spot warriors were just a year ago.

I know enough about the class and the bugs that plague it that this so-called tooltip fix stealth nerf is total bs. That’s why I said to just change the skill to work as it used to. We were having a discussion about interpreting tooltips, not wether or not mesmers should have their old iLeap.

Warrior has never been in as much sh.. as mesmer is. Bo-hoo, you were mediocore in PvP for a year. Mesmer has 2 viable builds right now. PU condi and staff + gs shatter. To that, you still have a ton of bugs that swam the class, developers keep promising fixes but give you nerfs. It’s been like this for an extremely long time. Warrior was never, ever, ever this bad.
We’re all mad at Anet because of the obvious reasons we all mentioned a bilion times already. We’re not vengeful. We are extremely friendly towards eachother, but we’re being severely neglected by Arena Net for a long time now and as I mentioned in my post, promised bug fixes but keep getting nerfs and more bugs each update. Then we hear that we shouldn’t complain because ele got nerfed too and that we’re not in such a bad state like warrior was for PvP only, of course we’re going to say something.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ele got better again so I’m hopeful that within 12 months we might be ok with build variety and fixed skills…

…hopefully.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: petyr baelish.9675

petyr baelish.9675

On a side note. Magnetic grasp, the elementalist dagger earth 3 skill is quite alike the mesmer sword 3 skill. Here are the tooltips:

Magnetic grasp: Immobilize your foe, making them vulnerabile to a Magnetic Leap attack.
Magnetic Leap: Pull yourself to your magnetically grasped foe and deliver a strike.

The skill has a projectile with immobilise first and then a gap closer. However you are still able to use magnetic leap after the immobilisation effect has worn off/been cleansed. So by anet logic being able to use magnetic leap after the immob wears off is clearly a bug and will be fixed soon?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I am mad now. Now i need to go full perplexity condition. kitten YOU ALL.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

all they do is screw mesmers over and over.. stealth izerker damage nerf, iwarden broken, sword 2invuln=evasion over and over nerfs. plus the pages of bugs that were shipped with the game that they refuse to address.

This change was intended as a nerf.. There is no way they could change this weapons ability without knowing it would kitten the weapon.. Weather you want to debate if the tooltip matched or w/e dosent even matter.. The class is balanced around the current state of the weapon(the way it has been since the game shipped). For them to change that is a nerf.. not a bug fix.

There is no way these people are this block headed to do this and actually think they are fixing a “bug” This is a straight nerf and they are hiding behind bull/s politics.

It is like anet takes thier tactics straight from corrupt government. passing bills in the middle of the night when people wont pay attention. saying they are helping you as they screw you over. next is deny deny deny.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

So if I drop a Flesh Wurm, and it is killed, should I still be able to use the teleport+stun break to the point where it had died? If so, then I think Flesh Wurm has been bugged this whole time.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

zaxon.6819

lol. you understand how much health a flesh wurm has compared to a clone? If a person could walk by auto attack once and keep walking.. then yes i do think you should still be able to teleport. Flesh wurm also is designed as a turret that does damage.

in Profession Balance

zaxon.6819

so .. there is a fix. give the leap clone the same hp as a flesh wurm. problem solved.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

So if it’s a clone on a 12 second cooldown that dies more easily (I’m not sure if you’re throwing it at a Life Blast or what, but let’s just go with the basics), then if it dies, you should be able to “blink” to where it died and immobilize everything in the area.

If it’s a utility on a 40 second cooldown that has more HP and does more damage, then when it dies, I should NOT be able to “blink” to it and break stuns.

I mean, I suppose that’s sensible. I personally haven’t even seen someone use iLeap so poorly that it dies before it reaches its intended target for the immobilize that perfectly sets up a shatter burst while the Mesmer is invulnerable, but I guess if you toss it into a bunch of AoEs/a zerg/into a Necro’s face as he’s casting LB, it could die like that.

I really want to empathize with a mechanic change that occurred that was being utilized for much more skillful play, but every shatter mes fight I’ve ever had was a matter of whether or not I dodged the iLeap immobilize attempt when it reached me. I have never seen a Mesmer micro-blink to the place where I killed the iLeap.

Maybe I just haven’t been watching, but this seems waaaaaaaaaay blown out of proportion, or simply just an excuse to be all robble robble.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”