Core D/D Elementalist PvP Montage..thing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

https://youtu.be/avhWI1dGABo

All these clips were taken during my placement matches, they are rather lacklustre, as are the opponents, but hopefully someone finds it entertaining anyway!

Just a note for those who are familiar with my stuff, my account unfortunately got hacked. Again. So I once again find myself in a position where I’m forced to start a fresh, unfortunately I do not have my previous videos saved on my pc anymore, so they are lost. However I should be uploading every week or so now (if everything goes to plan) so hopefully my account won’t be looking so bare for long!

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

what build are u using there?

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

D/D ele is still not viable in spvp by seeing that current meta can’t stand on point with dodges and kitting 1v1. With cele in pre seasons introduction, I can still 1v2 on point win or lose I still occupy them for 1 minute. Pre Hot it’s like I can 1v3 and flip kite no issues same with being a celestial rifle engineer. The cd reduction on Renewing Stamina makes a big diff…. used to be 5 secs and it has been changed to 10 secs. It’s very game changing and the gutting or elemental rotation times.

All and all core ele’s arcane trait line was trashed in order to sell Tempest traitline in HOT. If anet would have left arcane trait line as guild wars 2 core elite traitline I’m sure the game would be great and nerfs would never happened. Anet botch that up since they won’t be able to sell as much HOT and that’s why you see the lack of core prof. But wait expansion coming up means that the next elite trait may cover the lack luster of burst dps and or condi (why would you need to buff condi ) but they will.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

D/D ele is still not viable in spvp by seeing that current meta can’t stand on point with dodges and kitting 1v1. With cele in pre seasons introduction, I can still 1v2 on point win or lose I still occupy them for 1 minute. Pre Hot it’s like I can 1v3 and flip kite no issues same with being a celestial rifle engineer. The cd reduction on Renewing Stamina makes a big diff…. used to be 5 secs and it has been changed to 10 secs. It’s very game changing and the gutting or elemental rotation times.

All and all core ele’s arcane trait line was trashed in order to sell Tempest traitline in HOT. If anet would have left arcane trait line as guild wars 2 core elite traitline I’m sure the game would be great and nerfs would never happened. Anet botch that up since they won’t be able to sell as much HOT and that’s why you see the lack of core prof. But wait expansion coming up means that the next elite trait may cover the lack luster of burst dps and or condi (why would you need to buff condi ) but they will.

I’ve been enjoying d/d in PvP so far, but this is my first season (placed gold and currently still in gold). Tell me, what do you think of this setup?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMMA9MgVOAOYCcYilNAz9uGYPsDNgAQBkYFkBGBA-TJxHABKfCAaZ/BAeAAyXGAA

I seem to be able to hold my own when outnumbered, escape and heal, then zip back into the fight to prevent a full cap long enough until teammates show up. And then I can provide some pretty surprising burst damage in those team fights. But no idea how this would hold up in higher tier play.

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

D/D ele is still not viable in spvp

I did say that in the description of the video, and in th video itself, I’m definitely not trying to say it is viable :P

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Everything is viable in lower ranks. Supp ele in low ranks is a waste, since most people don’t know how to take advantage of it OR the ele is bad himself. In low ranks, it really is just pew pew pew.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

https://youtu.be/avhWI1dGABo

All these clips were taken during my placement matches, they are rather lacklustre, as are the opponents, but hopefully someone finds it entertaining anyway!

Just a note for those who are familiar with my stuff, my account unfortunately got hacked. Again. So I once again find myself in a position where I’m forced to start a fresh, unfortunately I do not have my previous videos saved on my pc anymore, so they are lost. However I should be uploading every week or so now (if everything goes to plan) so hopefully my account won’t be looking so bare for long!

Seven, isn’t this like the third or fourth time your youtube has been hacked? 2factor auth that thing man!

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Everything is viable in lower ranks. Supp ele in low ranks is a waste, since most people don’t know how to take advantage of it OR the ele is bad himself. In low ranks, it really is just pew pew pew.

Agree… I’m Platinum tier 1 and since Gold untill now I played mostly scepter/dagger core fresh air and I have to say that the burst potential you throw in teamfight Is way better than any support you Can give at teammates Who are going to die anyway most of the time.

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

Sad to hear that your account were hacked…. I was shocked when I saw all the vids deleted o.O

Hype! I hope you can bring us new content soon…. not many good dd ele vids with less than 3 years old xD

Keep going, we appreciate you effort!

(edited by ApaWanka.2698)

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

I’ve been enjoying d/d in PvP so far, but this is my first season (placed gold and currently still in gold). Tell me, what do you think of this setup?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMMA9MgVOAOYCcYilNAz9uGYPsDNgAQBkYFkBGBA-TJxHABKfCAaZ/BAeAAyXGAA

I seem to be able to hold my own when outnumbered, escape and heal, then zip back into the fight to prevent a full cap long enough until teammates show up. And then I can provide some pretty surprising burst damage in those team fights. But no idea how this would hold up in higher tier play.

^
That’s tempest not core ele.

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

I did say that in the description of the video, and in th video itself, I’m definitely not trying to say it is viable :P

I am just telling the others you playing on EU spvp and you being “you” makes it viable. But it’s not really if you solo queue. If you play with friends on team speak anything can be viable.

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

Agree… I’m Platinum tier 1 and since Gold untill now I played mostly scepter/dagger core fresh air and I have to say that the burst potential you throw in teamfight Is way better than any support you Can give at teammates Who are going to die anyway most of the time.

Scepter core ele and d/d core ele is a different mechanic. Team play with premade friends on TS is no the same as solo queue without premade. And if you play in EU and NA. NA used to play lots of power builds in spvp or wvw but lately people like cheese.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I’m Also not saying S/d is viable… Is totally not lol… I’m Just saying that most of the time you play healbot Tempest you are not going to have a big impact since teammates are going to die anyway even if you heal and support them.
While play a DPS build that burst down very fast people is most of the time more usefull.
Surely It Is not at higher levels when people start to Dodge skills and focus you.
And yes I play in EU, mostly solo q

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)