Rune/Sigil of choice for Staff Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Q:

What’s are the recommended rune/sigil combinations for WvW Group Staff builds?

Been away for months to play D3. Finally geared out enough toons that I’m starting to get bored and thought I’d dust off my Ele.

So my Ele pre-dates the rune/sigil changes (yeah that was a couple feature packs ago — that’s how long I’ve been away).

I’m in full celestial (armor, staff, jewels). Looking for community feedback on the best rune/sigil choices for Staff builds. Feel free to post your build as well.

When I was playing months ago, it was exclusively WvW. I find PvE extremely dull and repetitive. So temper your feedback with WvW in mind.

Cheers!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

juno.1840

Some additional info — I’ve done a bit of research already so this isn’t the lazy-way-out type of post.

For Runes I’m torn between Strength, Hoelbrak, and Travelers.

For Sigils I have Energy already, but I’m torn between Strength and Battle for the second.

My power with a pure celestial build is weak imho. So it seems that might stacking would be necessary for DPS.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Personally, I’d go for Runes of Strength. I think Hoelbrak is really good too but as an Ele, you’re not that afraid of condis (I run Hoelbrak on my Cele Engi, strength on Ele). I also run Battle + Bloodlust for my Sigils when I run Staff. I find Energy less necessary in WvW as compared to sPvP where people are more likely to target and train you.

But honestly, you cannot go wrong from any of the choices you brought up, just chiming in what I’d personally do.

in Elementalist

juno.1840

Went with Runes of Strength and Sigil of Battle (although I may switch to Sigil of Strength later).

On a side note, I can’t believe how dead these forums are over 5 months ago. There have been what? Five posts all day?