Tanky DPS Elementalist [Videos] 11/21/12

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

OP, you really don’t need to apologise. PVP Balance needs to exist at the top level, otherwise any sort of real competition goes out the window.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rias.6872

rias.6872

I tested this build in dungeon romping with Carrion set + Cleric accessories + Rampager daggers.

1 word – Amazing!

You won’t see high raw dps output. You will get decent dps, high survivability, lots of healing, lots of might stacking, awesome combo finishers and good condition damage.

It is great to see D/D ele viable in dungeons. Drawback is that using same gear, staff dps sucks. It is slow and earth has limited dps options. Staff dps needs high power, precision and crit dmg to shine.

Xrande – Darkhaven Server
Circle of Kakis Guild
GMT +8 Asian Timezone – We are Recruiting! Weekly WvW and Dungeons!

in Elementalist

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

If this build gets nerfed I guess i’d have to go to a spike build. Kinda hate that though because its really hard to roam in spike.

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

Hey guys,

just made another video showing how great the PvP / Wv3 setup can be applied to PvE.

I solo’d a champion mob +veteran mob at the same time

I might try showing some dungeon solos later, but I haven’t even done CoF or Arah yet.

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

rias.6872

LOL at this rate of how good you are, you are going to get this build nerfed. Thanks for sharing tho. You’re good. This is how an ele shld be. 30 arcane.

Btw, it seems your gear is green quality feathered gear? I am more interested in PvE.

Let me get this right. You use:
- 10 air, 10 earth, 20 water, 30 arcane
- cleric armor set (power healing toughness)
- carrion accessories (power vitality condition)
- rune of dolyak
- rampager weapons (power precision toughness)

I dont seem to get Hp that high as you. Your crit rate and crit damage seems very high too. Would you mind sharing your full stats in PvE?

Circle of Kakis Guild

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Rias

Thank you for the compliment. Arenanet should really focus on the bugs instead of nerfing imo>_>

As to your question , here it is

http://imgur.com/Z29no

I transmuted by gear into feathered gear from clerics.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nicomachiavelli.3046

Nicomachiavelli.3046

Nice videos. Your gameplay is similarly frantic to mine. I might have to try that build sometime, but I’m currently exploring the depths of pure glass to see if there aren’t any more nuances to discover. I can’t solo champions, but I sort of knew I wouldn’t be able to going into the class.

That said, if you and I were duoing that champion/vet pair, it would have gone much more than twice as fast =)

in Elementalist

rias.6872

@Rias

Thank you for the compliment. Arenanet should really focus on the bugs instead of nerfing imo>_>

As to your question , here it is

http://imgur.com/Z29no

I transmuted by gear into feathered gear from clerics.

Thanks for the image. It helps. I am helping my fellow guild elementalist gear up too because I see a lot of them dying.

So your 2 daggers are rampagers with sigil of battle + bloodlust (power prec crit).

Question: Wht not Carrion armor + Cleric accs? So they key is all the toughness?

Circle of Kakis Guild

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

You, sir, are an inspiration!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Question: Wht not Carrion armor + Cleric accs? So they key is all the toughness?

From someone who painfully went from full Carrion to his build and gear (Cleric): yes, carrion is best for necros, they really health tank. Elementalists get benefit but not as much as having thoughness in its place does. In the end you don’t lose absurd amounts of health but you become a “though nugget”, it’s expecially noticeable in PvE because you know how much mobs usually hit you for and after you go thoughness you feel the difference.
I went from soloing 2-3 mobs tops in S/D (best weapon for carrion gear) to soloing basically … infinite mobs in D/D with thoughness.
Once I aggroed (and FRAPSED, but I won’t have time to publish it for 2-3 months) a whole plateau including a veteran and did not flinch while killing them all.

This potential to hope to survive, plus the ability to “teleport churning earth” are definitely the next HUGE, HUGE ravaging nerf we’ll get in the next patches.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

i see no issue in teleporting churning earth. The build time on it is silly and so easy to stop. If they nerf that you pretty much negated earth 5.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

i see no issue in teleporting churning earth. The build time on it is silly and so easy to stop. If they nerf that you pretty much negated earth 5.

You don’t think with the developers mentality. It was not meant to work like that, it was meant to be a cosmetic, grand gesture, useless ability like many other elementalist other moves, not a viable PvP killer. This is why it’ll get neutered.

in Elementalist

rias.6872

From someone who painfully went from full Carrion to his build and gear (Cleric): yes, carrion is best for necros, they really health tank. Elementalists get benefit but not as much as having thoughness in its place does. In the end you don’t lose absurd amounts of health but you become a “though nugget”, it’s expecially noticeable in PvE because you know how much mobs usually hit you for and after you go thoughness you feel the difference.
I went from soloing 2-3 mobs tops in S/D (best weapon for carrion gear) to soloing basically … infinite mobs in D/D with thoughness.
Once I aggroed (and FRAPSED, but I won’t have time to publish it for 2-3 months) a whole plateau including a veteran and did not flinch while killing them all.

Wait … It seems odd. The math isn’t right.

Cleric armor + Carrion accs has more condition dmg, more vitality but less toughness and healing compared to Carrion armor + Cleric accs. With all else being constant … I am a little confused on the importance of stats.

Cleric Armor
Healing 315
Power 224
Toughness 224

Carrion Accessories
Condition 411
Power 285
Vitality 285

Carrion Armor
Condition 315
Power 224
Vitality 224

Cleric Accs
Healing 411
Power 285
Toughness 285

Cleric Armor + Carrion Accessories
Power 509
Condition 411
Healing 315
Vitality 285
Toughness 224

Carrion Armor + Cleric Accs
Power 509
Healing 411
Condition 315
Toughness 285
Vitality 224

Circle of Kakis Guild

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

thanks for responses guys.

As to your question rias,

I picked the cleric armor + carrion accessories arbitrarily when compared to carrion armor+ cleric accessories. Both combinations obviously had the stats I needed, but I went with whatever felt good at the time.

Clerics gear provides more sustainability in long fights (like that video of me soloing a champion mob) whereas carrion provides more raw damage output with the necessary vitality so you don’t get bursted to death.

You could go clerics accessories / carrion armor for more defense / healing, but I find that my current ability to tank is fine as it is. There is no need to go overkill on defense, the priority should be to have just the right amount of defense (healing, toughness, and vitality) while maximizing offense (power, condition damage, precision).

The key to being a D/D tanky DPS elementalist is to sustain yourself indefinitely in battle with heals and damage mitigation while at the same time maximizing total damage output. If you compare an elementalist to a thief or warrior, they can both easily out burst an elementalist with heartseeker / hundred blades. If you compare an elementalist to a guardian, a guardian can tank much more efficiently against many enemies at once. Basically as an elementalist you don’t fall under any of the extremities of some classes, and that your overall mix of stats should be fairly average across the board.

It has been stated that most people feel as if elementalists are underpowered, but I have never really felt this way about the class. When it comes to top tiered level PvP, an elementalist tends to outshine most classes in 1v1. The only class that I’ve really noticed as a problem to me is a necro. Victories against skilled mesmers and engineers are determined by the better player. Warriors, ranger, and thieves are practically free kills regardless of how skilled they are. Guardians take too long to kill and never die.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Phoenix would you mind sharing your skill rotation or skill priority when fighting?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Damevi.7406

Damevi.7406

How do you deal with conditions without the cleansing fire? I consider it as a must utility since swapping to water removes only one condition.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

How do you deal with conditions without the cleansing fire? I consider it as a must utility since swapping to water removes only one condition.

Personally, running a similar build kitten D, I don’t really find conditions scary at all. You should be attuning to Water nearly every 10s and you have Cleansing Wave on top of that.

If you find that you are having issues versus condition specs then you can drop 10 points from Earth and grab the condition removal trait from Water without giving up too much. It does lower your offensive output a decent bit, but the condition removal trait is also really strong.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@ intigo and damevi

You could also go evasive arcana (10 more points in arcana) and dodge roll to get cleansing water from water attunement. this also reduces your attunement cooldown time from 11 to 9 seconds, so its a good investment too.

@yaptap

Skill rotation tends to vary a lot based upon the situation. You will often vary up the rotation in long extended battles, but for most situations it plays out as the following against average level players:

>Initiate with Air 4 (RoTL), and then Air 5 (updraft). Use air 3. Switch to fire, use fire 3 followed by fire 4, then fire 5, and then fire 2. Use arcane blast in Ring of Fire (fire 4 skill), and switch to earth to apply a cripple (cover condition for fire) and cast earth 4 followed by earth 2. Cast earth 5, enemy should be running away by now, then use lightning flash as its ending to his position. Switch to water, cast Water 4 , water 3 (to slow him and cover condition the bleed), water 1 (cover condition), and water 2 in order. Cast water 5 and utility 6 if needed. Switch to air, finish them off with air4, air2, and air1.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

You are an inspiration indeed, I recently discovered the awesomness made trait aka Evasive Arcana, but I would have never figured how Healing Power helps us.

I have a question: why are you using Glyph of Elemental Harmony instead of Signet of Restoration?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daredent.2961

Daredent.2961

Another quick question about the build … on the site you use for the build you have 20 points in Earth Magic and you have a X skill which reads “Stone Splinters” (Which I believe is supposed to be VI). I think the real X skill is “Geomancer’s Alacrity”.

Which one do you really use?

Thanks!

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@ Mik Hell

Its merely preference. Both spells have their advantages and disadvantages.

Glyph:
Larger burst heal, provides 5300 heal +2300 hp reg (I usually cast it under water attunement) for a total of 7500 heal
Allows for perma swiftness upkeep when attuned to air (12seconds of swiftness upon cast). Great for out of combat travelling, and escaping enemies.

Signet:
Consistent 250 heal per spell, heals 3500 on cast and deactivates passive.

I did some calculations, I cast approximately 15-20 spells per 25seconds.
Assuming i cast 16 spells (as most battles I will have to dodge at some point, kite, get CC’d. go into mist form, finish off enemies, etc.)

250×16 =4000 heal for 25 seconds under passive, and 3500 heal under active.

Analysis:
The signet of restoration is much more better when it comes to starting a battle, as you can passively heal off any damage you are taking. It will heal an average of 4000 hp with a 3500hp upon activation. So within those first 25 seconds in combat, I can heal 4000hp passively and an additional 3500 hp if I cast the spell upon for 7500hp.

However, once the signet of restoration(SoR) is cast, the skill itself becomes inferior to glyph of elemental harmony (GeH). The SoR can only give an output of about 4000 hp (using passive) at best in most situations per 25 seconds, whereas the GeH can easily provide 7500 hp under water attunement per 25 seconds. So when it comes to long battles (elementalists win most battles by dragging them out and outlasting the enemy), GeH is superior in everyway possible.

Even if GeH is not cast under water attunement, it will still out heal SoR regardless in the long run. GeH is also much more versatile, as you will need the burst heal when playing against good players who know how to burst enemies effectively. SoR is only good against playing really bad players with hardly any form of burst damage, but if thats the case a heal would not be needed in the first place.

@ Daredent
I’m using stone splitters(skill 6) but the more I think about it only 15 points in earth are really needed. I use the 15 earth skill for its cripple in order to provide a cover condition for burning damage and to slow down my enemies.

You could just invest the other 5 points in air (for a lightning bolt strike upon changing to air) or 5 in water (2% damage per boon). I noticed that I usually maintain 2-3 boons at all times in combat, so thats an easy 4-6% damage.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, thats very nice of you

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

no problem : P

Will upload more videos in future

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

Aussie lag i guess is 1 thing I will have to come to terms with.

I can tell just by looking at these videos how much more responsive actions are. Im jealous.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cipoet.2715

Cipoet.2715

meh stupid build, a power build without a crit dmg and only relies on fury ??

u cant kill kitten without ur friend, and cant even kill other decent player 1 vs 1, u better use staff than using dagger/dagger for kitteny dmg

1 more question, what can u do vs a *decent*ranger and decent thief that switch weapon to shortbow ?? absolutely nothing beside running with ride the lighting

dont tell me ride the lighting and updraft lol, a decent ranger/thief will never get hit by that

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vincent Highwind.3054

Vincent Highwind.3054

daphoenix, your build is amazing. I’ve never seen such a skilled ele before. You give me hope for our class. =)

I must ask for your opinion on WoodenPotatoes Aura build. How does it compare to yours? Currently I’m using an unholy combination of your build and his.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Vincent Highwind

I have no idea what his build is. I read up on some random thread about him and have a slight idea of what hes running, but I can’t compare it unless I know the exact build setup.
Can you post it here

@ Cipoet

Total Damge (Pow vs. Pre) /Additional power/ Additional precision
598.6235 / 0 /0
643.2638571 / 100 /0
669.513125 / 200 /0
707.9001429 / 300 /0
614.55975 / 0 /100
630.496 / 0 /200
646.43225 / 0 /300

These are some final calculations I obtained plotting data I gathered using lightning whip against a medium armored target. As you can see, power is statistically better than precision for an elementalist, as this class does not have many inherent crit damage/ crit chance bonuses like that of a thief.

I assumed the following
Total damage = (Base damage)(1+ Crit chance(total crit dmg))

Total Critical damage = Base critical damage + additional critical dmg (as shown on hero screen), where Base = 0.5 from calculated values

I did not factor fury into the equation, as D/D elementalists maintain fury almost all the time in battle. I also did not increase the critical damage for these calculations because obtaining critical damage requires you to sacrifice other stats (approximately 284 base stats for 15% crit dmg when comparing PvP berserk’s ammy vs. soldiers ammy) This is just a statwise comparison between power and precision.

As to your question about classes in dueling situations, an elementalist is the one of the only classes that can kill every other class effectively, or stalemate if the enemy is too defensively oriented.

Thieves are by far the easiest class for a D/D elementalist to kill. They have almost little to no survivability, low hp, low toughness, and there only methods of escaping involving sacrificing massive dps to teleport with shortbows, or casting predictable invisibility. Also an elementalist specializes in AoE, so hitting an invisible target is almost the same as hitting a visible target (i.e fire drakes breath at enemy and let him burn to death in invisibility)

In addition, thieves are VERY easy to predict. its not hard to tell which direction a thief will come at you after he stealths (obviously from the backside). Just run around in a circle and that negatives all his critical bonus dmg backstabs.

If a thief spams heart seeker, simply dodge it, use air 2,3, and 5, earth 4, and fire 3. That, and use water for extra kiting and healing. If it really gets that bad, an automatic arcane shield pops at 25% and armor of earth at 50% (which is never needed against a thief). It doesn’t matter how skilled this thief is, he can be the best thief in the game, and still lose to a competent D/D elementalist.

As to your question against rangers, a ranger benefits the most from attacking from a distance and kiting the enemy. A D/D elementalist has way too many ways to close that gap, forcing a ranger on the defensive.

In addition, a D/D elementalist has superior healing and defense mechanisms in comparison to thieves and rangers. There’s probably about 10 ways to heal as an elementalist, and several more methods to mitigate damage. For instance,1. switching to water = heal. 2. Casting a water spell = heal. 3. Casting glyph of elemental harmony under water attunement= heal. 4. Casting ice cone. 5. Casting cleansing water. 6. Autocasting of armor of earth. 7. Casting elite in water attunement, sometimes cast full heals. 8. Evasive arcane, dodge to get cleansing water. 9-11. Any additional cantrips (mist form, lightning flash, etc). A ranger and thief has 1 or 2 heals.

I hope that answers your question. I am basing this all from my own Wv3 and sPvP experience.

If you have any indepth questions you want to ask, I will be happy to answer them:P

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

rias.6872

I have been testing this build with similar gear. But it seems the dps is quite low even w all the condition dmg.

I have never been a fan of condition. So I was wondering if I could remove condition and replace it w more power, precision and some crit dmg. I wonder if overall dmg would be better.

I was calculating a few other gear mix. A few possibilites at least from PvE side include using:

- power vitality toughness gear
- zerker accs
- precision vitality healing 2x daggers from AC dungeon

It is possible with mix of knight, valkyrie mix too. You would get stats similar to cleric+carrion build with no condition.

Outside of traits you get:
800+ power
400+ precision
20-30 crit dmg

Cleric/Carrion build gets you:
700+ power
500+ condition
170+ precision

All else being similar in both gear:
300+ healing
350 vitality
390 toughness

I am still getting some of the gear for testing. So we’ll see.

Circle of Kakis Guild

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

@Vincent Highwind

I have no idea what his build is. I read up on some random thread about him and have a slight idea of what hes running, but I can’t compare it unless I know the exact build setup.
Can you post it here

Woodenpotatoes Video Explaining his Build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tcr7A2htMMI

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/69382-spvp-by-request-wis-prot-revisted/ scroll right down to the vid he provided it is way better then this bulid.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Jay

I don’t run s/d so his gameplay is much more different than mine. He does have trouble killing thieves though, which I can kill without going under 50% hp almost every time. S/D tends to be less accurate than D/D.

@Ndran
His build has much more offense than mine, but does lack condition removal. I can’t really say much else about it cause i never tried it.

I also updated my build. Evasive arcana is too good to pass up for its 10second free dodge heal.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loxon.8037

Loxon.8037

@daphoenix
Do you find the 10 points in Air is worth it over the 30 points in Water? I went with your build with the Evasive Arcana but I had 30 points in Water (for Cleansing Water). Just curious to your philosophy. Thanks!

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.16.0.34.0.2.10.21.9.24.8.7.7.0.0.0.16.0.0.33.0.0.48.50.0.64.65.71.0.10.10.20.30

I took out 10 points in earth (from the original 20) into 10 more in arcana.

Zephyr’s boon from 10 air is one of the best traits an elementalist has

I’m currently running that in PvE and Wv3. I dodge roll under water after casting water3 to distance myself and to provide a quick heal.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vincent Highwind.3054

Vincent Highwind.3054

@Vincent Highwind

Can you post it here

Woodenpotatoes Video Explaining his Build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tcr7A2htMMI

Thanks for posting that

in Elementalist

Loxon.8037

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.16.0.34.0.2.10.21.9.24.8.7.7.0.0.0.16.0.0.33.0.0.48.50.0.64.65.71.0.10.10.20.30

I took out 10 points in earth (from the original 20) into 10 more in arcana.

Zephyr’s boon from 10 air is one of the best traits an elementalist has

I’m currently running that in PvE and Wv3. I dodge roll under water after casting water3 to distance myself and to provide a quick heal.

Thanks. I just wanted to know where the priority would be. I’ll try going that way with my respec.

in Elementalist

Cipoet.2715

@da phoenix what do u mean with d/d ele have too many gap closer ?

ride the lighting ? the ranger or thieves can simply use the skill that leap the backward,and for ranger, knocked u back.

in my experience vs a good pistol/dagger shortbow thieves and ranger, they can just kited u to death, all u can do is ride the lighting to run*,

if u try to use ride the lighting for gap closser, tooo easy for them to react with leapbackward or knockback skill, once ur ride the lighting cooldown, ur a sitting duck vs their range attack

and if ur fighting a noob thieves its soo easy to predict their movement, vs a good thief,

u will looks like a kitten casting aoe or running while they move back and use their

shortbow or pistol

u can outlast a burst build 1 vs 1 and finally can kill them in 5 minutes because u have

low cond dmg and medium power without crit, but vs a balanced thief and ranger, u
simply cant kill them man and in the end the will outlast u,

i dont even want to imagine u fighting a good necromancer and pistol enginering or guardian with lots of condition dmg, u have no chance by 1… and without water 30, u can only remove condition with ur cleanse flame and when u change to water

i just dont get this build, if u really want to play tank ele, cond damage is much2 better than trying to use power,

because cond dmg dont neeed crit and crit dmg, power u need to HIT the target first(thats a big IF u hit ur combo or they dont use stunbreaker or they dont u know…dodge ur updraft)
and without crit and crit power they dmg will be meeeeeeeh……and u dont really have high sustain dmg without high cond dmg…..

imo i think this is a good build

but not enough killing power b yourself and not enough healing power to tank them all

its just a relly durable build with ok attack and good running power and can do a good job vs a burst build but cant really do anything vs a balance build

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@da phoenix what do u mean with d/d ele have too many gap closer ? (Basically anything that positions myself within melee range to ranger such as Fire3, Air 4(RoTL), Lightning flash, earth 3, mist form, etc. Then theres all the CC abilities also that could technically count.

ride the lighting ? the ranger or thieves can simply use the skill that leap the backward,and for ranger, knocked u back. > (an ele has many more ways close the gap to both classes comparatively to those respective classes’s ability to distance said gap.)

in my experience vs a good pistol/dagger shortbow thieves and ranger, they can just kited u to death, all u can do is ride the lighting to run*, >(too many gap closers on an ele. The thief and ranger will be struggling to run away from me)

if u try to use ride the lighting for gap closser, tooo easy for them to react with leapbackward or knockback skill (yes RoTL is very predictable, but you can easily throw another gap closer after), once ur ride the lighting cooldown, ur a sitting duck vs their range attack >(Not really, I have infinitely more tanking and healing abilities to both, and I can maintain perma swiftness with more CC and gap closers for more fun. Plus thieves have crappy ranged dmg overall)

and if ur fighting a noob thieves its soo easy to predict their movement, vs a good thief, >(Doesn’t matter, you can stealth and I’ll pop fire2 and hit you regardless as the thief doesn’t have time to change position)

u will looks like a kitten casting aoe or running while they move back and use their (<not really all my spells from D/D are fairly easy to hit imo)

shortbow or pistol

u can outlast a burst build 1 vs 1 and finally can kill them in 5 minutes because u have

low cond dmg (<actually my condition damage is pretty high at 850) and medium power (you would be suprised how high my power is in combat, it goes up to 2300 with might +25 stacks of bloodlust) without crit (I have fury almost up on all the time, an extra 20 crit chance for a total of approximately 35%), but vs a balanced thief and ranger, u
simply cant kill them man and in the end the will outlast u
(<lol? Do you know how many ways an ele can mitigate dmg and heal compared to rangers and thieves?)

i dont even want to imagine u fighting a good necromancer (yea necros are a pain, but I can just simply run away once they pop lich form and come back to kill them) and pistol enginering (<dunno anything about this) or guardian with lots of condition dmg (guardians have really low dmg from my experiences), u have no chance by 1… and without water 30, u can only remove condition with ur cleanse flame and when u change to water
(Actually I have several ways to remove conditions. 1. Cleansing water. 2. Attuning to water. 3. Dodging to get cleansing water. 4. Automatic armor of earth cantrip at 50% hp. 5. Lightning flash. 6 Mist form. 7. any other cantrips. So approximately 6 ways, plus another 10 ways to heal and lots of mitigation methods that I can’t recall atm)

i just dont get this build, if u really want to play tank ele, cond damage is much2 better than trying to use power, (Did you even read my build? Its based heavily off both stats)

because cond dmg dont neeed crit and crit dmg, power u need to HIT the target first(thats a big IF u hit ur combo or they dont use stunbreaker or they dont u know…dodge ur updraft) <(You have to hit them intially to get the condition damage too…)

and without crit and crit power they dmg will be meeeeeeeh……and u dont really have high sustain dmg without high cond dmg…..(<Dunno what you’re referring to here)

imo i think this is a good build

but not enough killing power b yourself and not enough healing power to tank them all (I’ve killed so many people in Wv3 and PvP so I do know what I’m talking about)

its just a relly durable build (yes it is) with ok attack and good running power and can do a good job vs a burst build but cant really do anything vs a balance build

sorry to bash on your comment, but there were just too many incorrect statements for me to resist lol :P

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

If you take evasive arcana, you should consider Signet of Restoration because dodging counts as 2 skills ( so it heals twice) and atonement counts as 1. You never really have to active the skill because switching to water and roll is all you needed for burst heal.

Oh, consider rune of divinity too cause it offers all stat you need, literally all :P

(edited by Vanillea.5764)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deadfall.4601

Deadfall.4601

With PvP why use full Dolyaks instead of Undead and Celestrial instead of Carrion? You get good(?) toughness and more condition damage, with no reduction in power. Is it for the ~100 toughness, ~500 health and health regen? I’m experimenting with both and thought I’d ask.

Also, your post stopped me from abandoning my ele. Both effective and really fun to play.

:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

i don t understand why you sigil of superiir battle in pvp …
you cannot swap while fight .

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

@Semprenaviguare: Attunement Swapping counts as Weapon Swapping for elementalists. (just as kit swapping counts for Engie’s)

Looking at it that way, Ele’s probably get the most use of sigils with Swap Effects.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Vanillea

Didn’t know that :S. Thanks for the tip. I’ll also check out rune of divinity too, doylaks regeneration is kinda meh tbh.

“Runes of Divinity increase all primary character attributes – Power, Toughness, Vitality, and Precision – along with increased Healing Power, Critical Damage and Condition Damage. The effects are dependent on the number of armor pieces the
rune is placed in as well as the grade of rune applied.”

- yeah having all stats boosted sounds pretty sick

@Deadfall

Doylak’s is an okay. Undead runes are pretty decent too, but I feel as if I don’t need more condition damage. I am considering using rune of earth though, having a magnetic aura at 20% hp sounds kind of useful. Rune of divinity sounds useful too

@Semptrenaviguare

Attunement swapping is considered a weapon swap

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I tried this build out, and to be honest, I don’t understand what all the fuss is about. Previous to this I ran 30 air and 30 water. Maybe this build has slightly more survivability. But I still couldn’t run into a group of 3 people and live, and I still got killed by power/crit cloak and dagger thieves in under two seconds. I actually had a thief camp me at spawn in spvp, and whenever i dropped down, he would kill me so quickly that neither the armor of earth nor the final shielding even had time to go off. I would basically just fall over. That, to me, is what is overpowered. If this is the heal/tank build that Anet is suggesting may be overpowered, this class is in trouble.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

Daphoenix , , i don t thinks it s possible because i ve try only manequin , ty .

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Minoru

You have to try the build out to its full potential to understand it :P

@ Semprenaviguare

The attunement swapping counts as a weapon swap in combat, with a 9 second CD on the might sigil.

Also
I made a new video

This one is more entertaining than the previous videos

Subscribe for more awesome videos

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

@dapheonix: That vid made my day. You have my applause.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Elementalist

Cipoet.2715

english is not my first language but really this build is useless vs a good player, not enough dmg to kill a balanced build and yet not enough defensive cooldown to really tank them ,compred to focus and staff build

and u dont have enough condition removal in ur build imo… just relying on water swapping attunement and cleansing flame cant win vs a good condition dmg class

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I expected that response. It’s not a l2p issue, I hope. Actually, I was a bit confused by the way you’ve written out some of the trait numbers. I ran with 10 in earth as your initial build link displayed, but I see that you later recommended using 20. Perhaps that extra 10 in earth would have made a noticeable difference. I still would have gone down to that that thief though.. Anyway, thanks for the great vids and build advice. I’ll try out the extra 10 in earth tomorrow.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Minoru

I actually like having just 10 earth tbh. 30 arcana to get evasive arcana is worth it. I think if you do go earth the trait that gives protection from aura cast is much more useful than stone splitters.

I’ll post some tutorial videos with commentary when I have time later this week

@Cipoet

I could have played better in that video. I realize after watching myself play that I tend to forget to cast alot of things.

I do usually try and find the best players I can in Wv3 by pming them and asking me to duel them. I found a pretty good warrior that I 1v1’d with extensively, and I did in fact lose to him and win against him about the same number of times (he also had 3 orb bonuses, guild bonuses, etc…)

I will post that video later :P

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Loxon.8037

That last video was ridiculous. Nice work.