and Bump it…
and BUMP IT…
AND FREKKIN BUMP IT!!!!1!one!

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Hobo Sacks: A Terrible Fashion Statement

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Let’s try to hit page 25, then maybe Anet will listen.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

We thought they’d listen after a year.
We thought they’d listen after a thousand replies.
Why not think they’ll listen after twenty-five pages?

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

why? Get serios… the day they listen to hobosack complains is the day pigs learn to fly…

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I cannot believe that this hasn’t been looked at yet seriously is it going on two years now? I demand a fix and a flying pig pet!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Yared.7920

Yared.7920

Actually flying pig is quite a good idea for a minipet but it will have to come with some kind of expansion or new race.

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

And the Fire Island Chain needs to be conquered by Jormag to have the Hell freezing over part covered too.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

So will there be a fix someday? I mean … really … is even someone working on this?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

So will there be a fix someday? I mean … really … is even someone working on this?

given the record of disregard…nope

in Engineer

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

why? Get serios… the day they listen to hobosack complains is the day pigs learn to fly…

see attached, i just had to XD

Attachments:

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Engineer

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

Currently craftei legendary shield and I was quite disappointed with the effects. Has no footprints when you walk, the brightness is ridiculous and nothing has changed my skills, I sincerely did not compensate for the lost time and effort.

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in Engineer

Posted by: Aethyl.7519

Aethyl.7519

So … As a disappointed engineer, since two years, it’s my turn to post in that infamous topic that shouldn’t exist anymore.

And I will let that here.

I liked the capes in Guild Wars, especially since the art and animation teams got such a fluid “flow” to the fabric. (Actually, other game designers asked how it was done, back in the day!)

I imagine there would be challenges in incorporating capes, and naturally a cape would cover some of the armor pieces, which is a drawback when you’ve worked hard to get the whole “look” going on. As mentioned, it was brought up in the CDI, so that’s good.

Paradox — I’m curious. Why do you say “no capes?”

Found here, the cape topic on the main forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-think-we-need-Capes/first#post4535837

I don’t even have words … That’s just depressing.

in Engineer

Posted by: wondergod.2498

wondergod.2498

yawn…i’m pretty sure they gave up on this. Sadly its just something I’ve let go as never going to happen.

I really wished one Anet dev would have taken it upon himself(herself) to fix this and make sure it was done. Although it’s clear none of them cared enough to take on such a task as it was so low on the totem pole for them.

I mean I completely understand there are other more important things, but really sometimes the small things really do matter too.

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

New patch.
No bunny ears. No way to acquire pvp skins that were once available like tribal, stalwart etc.
Still hobosacks.
Capes are a huge priority despite a lot of clipping issues with currently existing armor. Charr tears so many they could drown other races and still have enough to spare for a new jade sea. Sea of clashing sorrows.

All is vain.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

That’s the thing. This really isn’t a ‘small issue’.

End games looks are everything in this game. And one of the eight professions has serious issues affecting their end game looks.

Couple that with the fact that the vast majority of LS rewards have been some type of back piece, and you get a whole class that does not get to experience the joy of the rewards that are being offered for doing the new content.

It is only classified as a ‘small issue’ because engineers are a small fraction of the population. For that small fraction of the population, this is a bigger issue.

And let’s be honest, there have been several great suggestions in this post that offer excellent solutions to the issue. Some of these solutions would seem to use existing in game mechanics and thus be easy to implement.

I finally broke down and purchased the Job-o-tron back pack from the gem store. I love that guy. But alas, he is always hidden thanks to my kits. I only get a glimpse of him occasionally. Right now, it just looks like my hobosacks are talking to me.

I guess my Engineer has turned into a true hobo, complete with a hobosack that talks to him like a crazy person murmuring to himself.

in Engineer

Posted by: Patxiku.9312

Patxiku.9312

Come on Anet, all we ask is for a more cool steampunk bagpack, not that thing we wear now

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

That’s the thing. This really isn’t a ‘small issue’.

End games looks are everything in this game. And one of the eight professions has serious issues affecting their end game looks.

Couple that with the fact that the vast majority of LS rewards have been some type of back piece, and you get a whole class that does not get to experience the joy of the rewards that are being offered for doing the new content.

It is only classified as a ‘small issue’ because engineers are a small fraction of the population. For that small fraction of the population, this is a bigger issue.

And let’s be honest, there have been several great suggestions in this post that offer excellent solutions to the issue. Some of these solutions would seem to use existing in game mechanics and thus be easy to implement.

I finally broke down and purchased the Job-o-tron back pack from the gem store. I love that guy. But alas, he is always hidden thanks to my kits. I only get a glimpse of him occasionally. Right now, it just looks like my hobosacks are talking to me.

I guess my Engineer has turned into a true hobo, complete with a hobosack that talks to him like a crazy person murmuring to himself.

Well it’s name was Hob-o-Tron at some point….

in Engineer

Posted by: craNkz.3285

craNkz.3285

I wish they do somting !!

in Engineer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

kitten almost a year? still nothing done?

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

More than that. Almost two years, at this point.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Can’t believe we still don’t have a reply about this even though I and others have mentioned this thread to Gaile multiple times now. smh If ever she wants to know why they have such a terrible reputation for lack of communication she can look over here.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Can’t believe we still don’t have a reply about this even though I and others have mentioned this thread to Gaile multiple times now. smh If ever she wants to know why they have such a terrible reputation for lack of communication she can look over here.

How did you mention it to Gaile? Was it off topic in a thread or in a PM or something?

I ask because it seems like she has chased a lot of stuff like this down. Honestly, getting Gaile to look into this seems like our best bet of getting a reply.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I ask because it seems like she has chased a lot of stuff like this down. Honestly, getting Gaile to look into this seems like our best bet of getting a reply.

I can try. In fact I was writing a response without looking at the most recent posts. The fact that I can ask about this does not guarantee that we’ll be able to answer the basic question, which I sense is “Are changes coming for this situation?” right? But yes, I can certainly see if there’s info to share.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

…does somebody else see the dev response or did i finally board the train to crazytown?…

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

…does somebody else see the dev response or did i finally board the train to crazytown?…

if you remember a year back you’ll come to the conclusion that those posts not always carry consequences.

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

if you remember a year back you’ll come to the conclusion that those posts not always carry consequences.

yea.. but a kitten was given.,. and thats already a lot at this point

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

My eyes – see red post – I – I see hope – I see a light in the eternal tunnel of darkness and uglyness ! PLEASE HELP US WE CRY EVERY NIGHT FOR 25 hours!

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

My eyes – see red post – I – I see hope – I see a light in the eternal tunnel of darkness and uglyness ! PLEASE HELP US WE CRY EVERY NIGHT FOR 25 hours!

I crai 31/7 becuz I cri even wen Im slepin.

in Engineer

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I can try. In fact I was writing a response without looking at the most recent posts. The fact that I can ask about this does not guarantee that we’ll be able to answer the basic question, which I sense is “Are changes coming for this situation?” right? But yes, I can certainly see if there’s info to share.

Thank you, Gaile, my wife was actually getting really upset about this yesterday because trying to use a makeover kit, almost all kits clipped with the hairstyle choices.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Honestly, I think just asking would be pretty well appreciated – I mean, yes, there will inevitably be people wondering if changes were coming, but people have been wondering that for a year and a half now. You posting does certainly do something about the feeling of being ignored, though.

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

Now we must reset the “last-dev-post-counter”. Great.

Cinicism aside, I’m glad that there is an effort on ANet’s side, small it might be.

in Engineer

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It’s no wonder Anet ignores your complaints about “hobo sacks” when “hobo sacks” don’t exist in the game. A hobo sack is a cloth bag carried at the end of a stick, which don’t even bear a slight resemblance to what you’re referring to.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

<Gaile Gray responding to the Hobosack thread>

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Engineer

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I cannot thank you enough for looking into this for us!

#GaileOP

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Engineer

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

It’s no wonder Anet ignores your complaints about “hobo sacks” when “hobo sacks” don’t exist in the game. A hobo sack is a cloth bag carried at the end of a stick, which don’t even bear a slight resemblance to what you’re referring to.

No worries, I knew what he meant. I’m using “backpack kits” in my e-mail, but would you suggest I use “weapon kit” instead? Or “bomb kit,” “grenade kit,” etc? I thought backpack was more descriptive and accurate but whatever you think best describes would be helpful.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Gaile you are the only hope we and this 24 page 2 years old thread has – please make it happen! You are the one who might change thousands of engineers out there and make them happy! If you give me your adress via PM I promise you I’ll sent you the finest swiss chocolate if you make it!

Greez from switzerland – ZIGGY!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

100241 views…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Engineer

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

hobo hobo hobo hobo hobo hobo
T_T the day I saw the new red post was the day i cried the most.
praying to all the gods out there that they really change something

in Engineer

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

This morning my pc was a bit laggy but I still logged to GW 2. Lion’s Arch loaded much slower than usual and when I entered everything didn’t render as quick as normally. I could move however and switched my pistol/shield to Toolkit to gain swiftness.

My character pulled out her wrench and gained swiftness as normally. But something was missing. For the first time in my character’s life she looked perfect. The Toolkit hobosack didn’t for some reason render! For 2 seconds I felt joy: Had somebody actually removed the sacks? This is best day ever!

Then the sack finally rendered and everything was back to normal. I terminated the program and went back to bed crying…

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

just call them “backpacks of the engineer weapon-kits” or any according short forms. we just refer to them as engi-backpacks, if we somehow do not call them hobosacks straight away (and I guess the devs are well aware what we call them),

Anyways, what we wish for is a simple option in the game-menu that allows us to disable the display of hobosacks completely, to all instances of in- or out-combat, at will.
Many good suggestions were made how to balance this for opponents to be able to still recognize which kits we run, but
#1: Three of them hold unique weapons in their hands for the respective kits anyways.
and
#2: Since we have standard-character-models now, there is no need anymore to balance this, as long as engi kits keep getting displayed for opponents, when they activate this feature.

Please, for the love of god, we just want this neat little box in our game menu being there to tick, so we will never see these ugly hobosacks ever again on ourselves and can appreciate our reward for the LS farm-fests instead.

If they could also keep legendary auras and footprints being active, while we swap into a kit, our ocean of tears will dry out forever, and this thread can finally come to a well-deserved rest.

Please Gaile, make it happen.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I’m using “backpack kits” in my e-mail, but would you suggest I use “weapon kit” instead? Or “bomb kit,” “grenade kit,” etc? I thought backpack was more descriptive and accurate but whatever you think best describes would be helpful.

I think that as a descriptive name, “backpack kits” is exactly right. No-one here complains about the look of the Flame Thrower or the Elixier Gun after all, i.e. the things in the character’s hands, but about those backpacks.

(edited by Gudy.3607)

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

can we atleast just get the simple fix for now? if you have a back piece equipped and have it showing, make it so engi backpacks simply dont appear at all, only the back piece shows. If theres no back item selected to be on, let the engi backpack show. its that simple

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

inb4 “no info to share sry”

in Engineer

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

I can try. In fact I was writing a response without looking at the most recent posts. The fact that I can ask about this does not guarantee that we’ll be able to answer the basic question, which I sense is “Are changes coming for this situation?” right? But yes, I can certainly see if there’s info to share.[/quote]

I appreciate you are giving some importance to this post but…
Are you saying you will ask but even though you ask you can’t tell us if you are working on it or not?
I mean, it’s been two years if you have a way to hide the hobosacks it would be awesome but it’s been two years and still you have to ask if their is info to share…
I mean the info could be: "ye mate, we have it scheduled removal of hobosacks in the next few years but since it’s not on the top of our list we can’t do it so don’t tell them anything else or tell them sorry or maybe even tell them we are working on it and we feel the pain, that will make them stop for a while mate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

Time for the three hour bump!

At least we got a red post. Maybe in another year they’ll come back with an answer!

Bleh, hobosacks are in part what stopped me from playing gw2 the last two times. A large, obvious problem remaining for too long. While some problem are understandable, this one in particular is just… Sad. I am cry now.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

No worries, I knew what he meant. I’m using “backpack kits” in my e-mail, but would you suggest I use “weapon kit” instead? Or “bomb kit,” “grenade kit,” etc? I thought backpack was more descriptive and accurate but whatever you think best describes would be helpful.

Its more like “kit backpacks”. All kits have backpack effects. And yes, they are not actual items, so even the name “Backpacks” might be ambiguous or be mistaken with the actual back slot items. Technicly they are just additional effects that manifest the “backpacks” to replace the back slot item skins on the use of the engineer Kit utility skills, and stay on until the Kit bundle is dropped.

(Additionally, the first use of a kit weapon skill interrupts whatever code was assigned to hide the actual back slot item skin, making the kit backpacks clip with the back slot items after a single skill is used.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Is Gaile our saviour? Will this forum thread be archived in a bible dictating the valiant battle over looks and Hobo-sacks?

I sure hope so.

in Engineer

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey all,

The dev team has been tracking the concern about the Engineer backpacks for quite a while. They understand our players’ point of view, and this is something that a few different team members have discussed for a possible remedy. They’ve batted around a few ideas about how to fix this problem, including some of those mentioned in this thread. (Thanks for all the suggestions – they’re very helpful!)

For example, one designer thought that with new art, we might be able to display the kits on the weapon holsters on the right or left hip, so players could tell what kits are in use while allowing the Engineer to display a sweet back-piece, too. Another suggested that perhaps Gem Store items could simply override the kits, so if you owned a Quaggan Backpack, your character displayed a Quaggan Backpack. (Please note: This doesn’t mean to say that either of these ideas will be the one that is settled upon. I just offered examples so you could see that thoughts and possible solutions definitely have been discussed.)

Ultimately, enabling any correction will involve members of several different teams (design, art, programming) and those teams members currently are engaged in other prioritized projects. But as you can see, the team wants to address this situation in the future and we’re grateful for your patience while the team selects the implements the right fix for the issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Engineer

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

“Backpack kits” is probably the most descriptive. I think people usually refer to them as “engineer kits”, but that could as easily apply to the skills.

For example, one designer thought that with new art, we might be able to display the kits on the weapon holsters on the right or left hip, so players could tell what kits are in use while allowing the Engineer to display a sweet back-piece, too.

I like that idea a lot.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson