Hobo Sacks: A Terrible Fashion Statement

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

How is this not been merged with the one in the engineer subforum?

Because if they move it, then that means they saw it and read it. A-net doesn’t want to acknowledge this topic in even that limited capacity.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

How is this not been merged with the one in the engineer subforum?

Because if they move it, then that means they saw it and read it. A-net doesn’t want to acknowledge this topic in even that limited capacity.

Well someone must have at least read the title as it has been merged..

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Merged with no response. :/ My only hope now is the engi specialization blogpost.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

yea a-net… just throw the topic over into the engi forum and let it gather dust. Easier to ignore then to actually fix it or atleast say something straight forward about it. If thats gonna be the norm for HoT then you can put it where the sun dont shines.. seriosly now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

No answer is indeed an answer. There is obviously no progress done yet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I LOL’d when it got moved. We’ll I think this will come around the time they implement build templates, and SAB….

Good luck engies, I recently rerolled my engie from Charr to Human due to ugly visuals. A floating sack, a hobo sack; not on my back.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I LOL’d when it got moved. We’ll I think this will come around the time they implement build templates, and SAB….

Good luck engies, I recently rerolled my engie from Charr to Human due to ugly visuals. A floating sack, a hobo sack; not on my back.

And i recently deleted both of my engineers, a level 80 and a level 20 so i could roll another guardian and ranger. At least neither of those have to live with ugly backpacks! If this ever gets fixed ill be back to level another Engineer!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

They said they were looking into an alternative. Was it a long time ago? Yes. Are there more important things to work on in the game? Yes.

Despite how many people have this complaint, there are also a lot of other things people are wanting fixed. This is a low-priority issue, how I see it. Plenty of people are still going on playing the game engineer or otherwise with the backpacks the way they are.

They have teams working on all sorts of bugs and new content. You can want a thing, and that’ls okay, but try and step back and realize where your issue stands on the long list of priorities.

Does it suck that your problem isn’t a high priority? Yes. But that’s the way it is so you need to form realistic expectations about when they get this resolved.

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Is it low priority? Most likely.
Is that a reason to shut up about it? No. There is no thread with these dimensions in any other sub forum for 1 1/2 years on top of the list with great persistence. Does that make it high priority, again: Most likely not. But it shows how the consumers perceive it: for us it is not low priority.
Therefore, we won’t just simply shut up.
Am I fully aware of how to address that issue and am I capable of distributing Anets resources? No, therefore I am not saying they are doing it wrong.
I, and many other customers are here to simply show how we feel about this particular subject.
Kind regards

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

always i get a new style i think “now i am looking like a bad…” and then i switch to any kit and the hobo sack jumps into my face!
This game is now around 2,5 years old, i play engineer since the release date and i dont understand why there is still no button to hide this terrible back pieces? No other profession is so much disadvataged in the fashion like we are.

Switch to a kit? No problem, lets hide your weapon first and show all our terrible hobo sack!

(edited by mov.1246)

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The excuse of “low priority” went out the window after the first year. It means at this point that new ideas perpetually supplant this one, which means that nothing will literally ever be done about it, unless something drastic changes.

I think that’s something we have to create ourselves. The only way something will ever be done is if players can force their hand with some sort of protests.
Like every Engineer showing up at a specific high-traffic place at a specific time and screwing around with grenades and flamethrowers, broadcasting it all over social media. Just as an example.
Anyone remember the Karka event in Lion’s Arch?

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Engineer

Gern.2978

They said they were looking into an alternative. Was it a long time ago? Yes. Are there more important things to work on in the game? Yes….

You know what, you are so right. Those golden pigs and laser mining picks they added for the gem store are much more important. Oh, and lets not forget making sure mesmer phantasms show the mesmer’s packpiece, that was much more important……

(edited by Gern.2978)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out Again.4129

Sold Out Again.4129

Nah, mail carrier customization was definitely the most important thing ever.

(That came out shortly after the last dev reply saying ‘We have more important projects right now’.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

(That came out shortly after the last dev reply saying ‘We have more important projects right now’.)

Money is all that is important. Mail carriers are used by everyone. Hobo sacks are engineer exclusive. Even if they made us pay for them (which I am willing to do), it still is a specific product aimed at a smaller demographic of the playerbase and doesn’t have as much profit lined up.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Money is all that is important. Mail carriers are used by everyone. Hobo sacks are engineer exclusive. Even if they made us pay for them (which I am willing to do), it still is a specific product aimed at a smaller demographic of the playerbase and doesn’t have as much profit lined up.

On the same token, how much money do hobosacks lose Anet? I know they’ve been a reason for me not to buy gems, even after Turrets were finally fixed. The lack of interest in actually resolving an ancient issue has pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had for the game, too – not because I’m actually that invested in hobosacks, of all things (I’ve never liked that we’re balanced around Kits, and I barely use them when I can avoid doing so, on the increasingly rare occasion that I play), but because of what it represents.

To me, it represents that they do not care about the chunk of their playerbase that mainly plays Engineer. They’ve balanced a class around something, given that something an aspect that prevents them from fully engaging in the cosmetics-driven endgame, and continuously move resolving that problem to the back of the queue in favor of many and various other items and functions. Everything, or nearly so, that was initially mentioned as something that came ahead of hobosacks in the pipeline has been finished – so now it’s just that this doesn’t matter to them. They stopped even bothering to give real reasons, just saying they don’t have the resources.

Meanwhile, Mesmer Phantasms will now properly display their back item. There’s a talking back item, too, for that matter, among a plethora of other interesting-looking back items, some of which look perfect for the Engineer. Granted, neither set of things is quite the same as adding a UI component and maybe modeling a hand-item…but neither is much more difficult. Given the number of changes to the Hero Panel that have been seen since release, the plethora of customization options that’re constantly being added onto…six new icons, six new weapon models (really, only four, as EG and FT both have perfectly good models already) shouldn’t be much to ask for. It really shouldn’t. It should have just been a minor thing, and been fixed when the other primary projects were completed, because it really shouldn’t be much effort.
This isn’t a major thing, it’s just that it’s been left to fester.

But here we still are, and I’m not giving them another cent until this thread can be put to rest.
They’ve lost, through their inaction, literally every dollar I would have spent if they’d actually bothered, at any point since release, to fix this – and I’d certainly say that I’m generous with my money when I feel it’s being earned, given that I’ve dropped $300+ on some games via microtransactions. Every single item in the Gem Shop that I’d thought of buying, I would have, but their continuous disregard for this issue made me wonder if they’d be the kind of company I’d want to continue to support. If they’d like to explain what it is that makes this issue so difficult to address they apparently need enough resources to program the game from the ground up, maybe they could change my mind – but they won’t, and their Ivory Tower mentality just exacerbates the issue.

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Mail carriers are used by everyone. Hobo sacks are engineer exclusive. ….

Mesmer. Phantasm. Backpieces.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Holy skritt…they merged here the thread from HoT subforum :-/ without even a reply…this is pretty kitten…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Hmm.. that did felt really bad..

So, apparently, the Hobothread can have some attention, just not the right one.

Ingeneers were forced to dress like outcast, now their players become pariahs too. Amazing.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

Nobody will do this but we should just spam the forum asking for a fix and spam their twitch pvp and announcements asking the same thing.

in Engineer

Posted by: devz.9723

devz.9723

I’ve been gone from the game for quite a while now, now I come back and this thread’s still on the front page without a reply. I’m so disappointed that this hasn’t been fixed yet. Thought it would’ve been fixed by now for sure.

in Engineer

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

merged.. told ya

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

wow this topic still around after the 9 months i left the game, thumps UP :P

so i am guessing engi still carrying that terrible back pack and still cant see your legendary weapon, o well that sucks . Hopefully they do something good on expansion to get me back playing

in Engineer

Posted by: ANort.1425

ANort.1425

Anet should have put in a toggle option for hobo sacks just for April 1st, only to remove it on April 2nd. That would have been such an amazing prank.

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Right. As far as the mentions of Mesmer and Phantasm backpieces:

• Sure, they got fixed. However, clones -last I knew- went back to showing no offhands … so, let’s consider that a net loss, shall we?

As for on-topic:

• Eh, considering they finally seem to be getting to some of the annoyances from launch (condition stack upgrades, anyone?), I suppose I can be cautiously optimistic about the ‘Sacks. But, only time will tell at this point … and I would like to think they know a lot of Engineer players (both mains, and alt players) aren’t one bit amused, right now.
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Gern.2978

….. But, only time will tell at this point … and I would like to think they know a lot of Engineer players (both mains, and alt players) aren’t one bit amused, right now.

We have been saying “only time will tell” for almost 2 years. I am beyond “un-amused”. I’m pretty much outright angry about it now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Talonhawke.6974

Talonhawke.6974

Just to join in here………Sigh I hate the backpacks. I might be less angry if they seemed more like what they are for than a collection of bundles on my back. We wait for new backpacks……but wait how about another plushie/miniature/re skinned unlimited use gathering tool.

in Engineer

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

As someone with alts of every class (and multiples of some), this is the only thing really keeping me away from my engineers.

in Engineer

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Whhht is anet not patching thisssss. Wats keeping them from giving a little option to put skin over our hobodsacj

Kimditcher

in Engineer

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

anet y u do dis

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

in Engineer

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

If they do something about this in HOT, i hope it’s part of a free update and not a paid expansion.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

in Engineer

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

Hey! this thread should be on the top! keep bumping! Bump! Bump!

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

The humble hobo sack has to be, in my opinion, the single greatest development to come from the Anet collaborative mind both stylistically and thematically. It simply beggars belief that the development involved have not received the highest, or had a higher accolade invented and bestowed upon them. When I switch kits I almost have to take a knee as I shead a tear of purest joy as I watch the small red bum-wiping rag swaying as I run for glee!

Please Anet, make it so all professions may have the honor to have their poultry, inexpensive back pieces that they have wasted worthless gems on covered with that most beautiful of skins…. Le sàck de hobbó.

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Lol le sàck de hobbó u lost me there haha

Kimditcher

in Engineer

Posted by: EnderKid.2567

EnderKid.2567

Should I love how this thread is still going after 2 years since release, or should I hate Arenanet’s lack of respect to their playerbase?
They listen to casuals whining and QQing about thieves mesmers and engineers being “OP” but they don’t listen to their didecated Engi playerbase’s constant requests about something cosmitic no less.

No Hobosacks or RIOT!!

in Engineer

Posted by: SJWhat.9237

SJWhat.9237

This is the number one reason why I don’t buy any back cosmetics. I love playing the engineer, and I’m not going to sink money on something that I can’t see half the time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Haha guys I just found out that if you have your hobo sack on and zoom in into frist person, then zoom out, for you (other ppl won’t see it) your backpack clipps through the hobo sack That’s weirdness lv over 9000 ANet xD gz

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Didnt they fix that

Kimditcher

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

nope :P

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Fnix.5608

Fnix.5608

I’m nerferd to the ground cause I won’t use kits!

http://nox.no – Norse Oil eXpedition

in Engineer

Gern.2978

It’s been so long, my memory is fading…

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Jack.4082

Jack.4082

I have read all 33 pages of this thread and I kind of love it. It’s hillarious and sad at the same time.

Sometimes when I visit my parents for the weekend, I take the train right after uni. Since I hate taking an extra bag, I completely overpack my backpack. That’s the time I feel closest to my engineer main… I should pack a stone or two as well in order to walk as messed up as her, though XD

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

you also should wear colorful clothes and use a brown hobosack …

in Engineer

Posted by: Smooticus.2854

Smooticus.2854

I noticed that the hammer engi from the trailer did not have a hobo-sack. maybe the new spec for engi trades kits for something else.

Smooticus – Charr Engineer
Kaineng

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I doubt it, kits are essential.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jack.4082

Jack.4082

Of course the hammer engi didn’t wear a hobo-sack, else we wouldn’t see the hammer. :p
I hope there will be a hobo-sack free future, though I doubt it.
I have a hammer sitting in the bank, just in case this is playable ^^

in Engineer

Gern.2978

I noticed that the hammer engi from the trailer did not have a hobo-sack. maybe the new spec for engi trades kits for something else.

Why do people keep citing this? The Hammer is a weapon, not a kit. Why would he have a hobosack on while using a hammer? You don’t see your hobosack while using your rifle, or pistol/shield, or pistol/pistol.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Just posting here to help push this thing towards 2000 posts.

I have not abandoned the dream of a hobosackless existence.

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Just posting here to help push this thing towards 2000 posts.

I have not abandoned the dream of a hobosackless existence.

Everyone join hands and sing with me!

We shall over cooooooo-oooo-oooome!
We shall over cooooooome!…..

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

PEOPLE!!!! A-Net is about to nerf turrets, meaning there will soon be even more engineers wearing hobosacks. This is all part of their master plan….MUHAHAAHAHAHAAHHA

Long live the hobosacks!

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2emfr02.jpg[/IMG]