HoloSmith unpolished animation

in Engineer

Posted by: Jinsei.5702

Jinsei.5702

Holosmith at first seemed mechanically not something i’d like, but after playing with it i really started to love how it was playing, i have seen some of the complains or suggestions bout addin heat to pistol and rifle skills, then some utility skills aswell. That would be pretty neat but what bothered me the most with Holosmith was the reused assets and animation. Do note alot of this if from a person to plays Charrs mostly

Photo Forge
1 Skill. The swinging of that sword with it being a two handed look sword and for the player to just flop it around like that , it really look silly . I mean why not something a lil more impact for engineer to be swinging , its like it has no weight it just looks weird . I knwo its ‘hardened light’ but come on :p

2 Skill. The leap is kinda nice though it looks a lil buggy like when you land your stabbin the sword down into the ground no real transition.

3 Skill. This prob bugs me the most for holosmith, being a charr and twirling around in a spin really lack luster. Spinnin it around on your palm or something above you would be just as good.

4 Skill. Soo thief 3 skill with dual pistols and legendary HOPE assets used for the guns ? come on Anet don’t cheese something when you go so far to give elementalist a ton of skills with some new tweening animations along with fancy skill effects.

5 Skill. That Hammer smash is amazing as a skill and i know it has a reused asset from , i think the mystic hammer i think it was. But i guess thats fine

The last thing i just wanted to touch on was the Elite skill being the birthday blaster/ scarlet’s gun thing . That is the thing that annoyed me seein that reused so many times when it came out annoyed me then but even now to see it on an elite skill that looks as awesome as holosmiths does .

Come on Anet you can setup things I know you saved tons of animations from Hots beta to launch , I am looking at you thief staff and dodge which you guys fixed for launch and they look awesome!. There were more but i really hope you guys look at some of these a little more. I am not trying to break the balance of things just wanting the quality of things to show that you guys tried as hard on each class instead of giving others more attention than others!

Just posting my feed back to try to help and hopefully it will be read.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I really enjoyed all of the animations. The only issue I had was some of them felt clunky to use, namely forge 5 and sword 3. The Asura always get the coolest ones though because they do flips and stuff and my human just has no pizzaz.

As for the clunkiness forge 5 you cannot use while running as it’s a skill that roots you. So if you activate it while you are running it will take extra time to go off because it stops your character and feels extra slow.

Sword 3 has a long pre and after cast, those should just be removed. Nothing in game should have any pre or after cast when skills already have cast times scaling with how powerful the ability is.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

The only issue I had was with the Unload-like skill sometimes not being in sync between the animation and the sound effect. I really enjoyed the rest of them though. I played on a Human though so that may effect things.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

The photon forge weapons did not reuse old weapon skins, they are only similar.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Hammer smash (skill 5) should be made into a leap.
It felt weird smashing ground right beneath you.

in Engineer

Posted by: RedSPINE.7845

RedSPINE.7845

Another thing, and a big thing, is the fact that a Charr running with no weapon in hand and actively trying to equip weapons (that you don’t have) will run with the head in the ground, top-half body froze.

If you want to check it out, just unequip all weapons, run and hold down the key you bind for “equip/unequip weapons”. It’s a thing I’ve used a lot over past years to make people laugh and now … Well it’s automatic on a Charr in Photon Forge mode that runs. It’s funny when you want to look stupid, but not when it’s uncontrolled, please Anet, fix this too.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Another thing, and a big thing, is the fact that a Charr running with no weapon in hand and actively trying to equip weapons (that you don’t have) will run with the head in the ground, top-half body froze.

If you want to check it out, just unequip all weapons, run and hold down the key you bind for “equip/unequip weapons”. It’s a thing I’ve used a lot over past years to make people laugh and now … Well it’s automatic on a Charr in Photon Forge mode that runs. It’s funny when you want to look stupid, but not when it’s uncontrolled, please Anet, fix this too.

Please, PLEASE post a video of this for posterity’s sake.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.