Race for Engi...which?

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, totally fun type question for a change.
Which race makes the “best” Engi?
I rolled a Char as it seemed to fit the tech side of it all but at the same time I keep feeling Asura would as well (plus I find Asura fun to play, goofy and all).
Salads don’t seem/feel right nor do Norn and Humans of course can slot into any profession I reckon ,but they are so generic.
So, between Char and Asura……thoughts?

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Go charr if you wanna keep it traditional, asura if you like the modern engi theme :P

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

asura has better animations (shorter aftercasts, prominent on ele)
norn has a useful elite (bear form, small niche)

the other 3 arent better in terms of gameplay in any ways i know of, but it doesnt sound like youre thinking about gameplay, just flavor.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

asura has better animations (shorter aftercasts, prominent on ele)
norn has a useful elite (bear form, small niche)

the other 3 arent better in terms of gameplay in any ways i know of, but it doesnt sound like youre thinking about gameplay, just flavor.

yea, more about fitting the profession and all, following lore or not, that sort of stuff.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

i find char more fitting since it has skills more engineer-based skills by default like land mines and artillery strikes, and charrzooka

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Charr fits better. Bombs/grenades/turrets are low-tech compared to anything Asura you see in the game

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Be warned that the flippety-flop of Asuran ears can be hypnotic.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

The top 2 races you could choose for an Engi are Asura and Charr, but the preference is all up to you, as many people will have different opinions.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

The top 2 races you could choose for an Engi are Asura and Charr, but the preference is all up to you, as many people will have different opinions.

I agree. have a Char but am struggling with the running and such, just feels clunky to me, almost worse than a Norn! But I like that its tied to the lore somewhat.
However, Asura to me are fun as to play, just goofy and such and seeing one chucking nades at mobs is funny as well, so I think I am leaning towards to little guys!

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I prefer Asure because they are more agile and feel like are moving faster… but that is not something exclusive to Engies, so it is not relevant. Also Charr are awesome.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Charr fits better. Bombs/grenades/turrets are low-tech compared to anything Asura you see in the game

Actually those things are high tech compared to everything Asuran you see. The Asura use magic with their inventions and as far as I understand the lore, the Asura have no clue about how Charr machines work without magic.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Dawdler.8521

Actually those things are high tech compared to everything Asuran you see. The Asura use magic with their inventions and as far as I understand the lore, the Asura have no clue about how Charr machines work without magic.

True that Asurans use magic to power their machines but they clearly understand Charr technology – they probably just dont care about it since it’s inferior to magitech. Asurans had to be brough in to weaponize and improve Pact airships (ie mediocre Charr prototypes).

Of particular note is that the Asurans created the steam creatures which are waaaaay beyond anything the Charr got – in fact the player character used them to achieve world domination (ie defeat the Charr) in an alternate dimension.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Asura can give you a really high-tech engi feel and look. Their cultural armor fit engies really well and their racial skills can give you even more flavour.

Charr are nice thematically and playing their part of the story as an engi can be really fun.

Norn can look extremely bad-kitten as engies, like hell angels biker look with your wrench and rifle.

Sylvari are great as engies. They are extremely curious and eager to learn. They also get knowledge from the dream of dreams before being “born”. So you can start with a lot of collective knowledge from previous sylvari, including scarlet, who was a engineer… Scarlet, by the way, was way more intelligent and capable than the asura or char, it seems.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

charr are awesome, but i just hate how they run on all fours. wish i could choose

asura are literally the best race ever hands down

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

That’s not what “literally” means :P

But if we talk about efficiency, you should take a look at the racial skills and their toolbelts. Altough those things are miniscule, Charr and Asura surely have the best skills / toolbelt skills to offer. Their Elites also may be useful in areas of the game where you have access to Adrenalin Shrooms, like the preevents to Gorseval.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

it is not a fun question. it is a fundamental question imho. Which is the smartest race ? Asura… so a profession based on math and science… should be Asura .

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

it is not a fun question. it is a fundamental question imho. Which is the smartest race ? Asura… so a profession based on math and science… should be Asura .

LOL…that’s just mean to all the Char out there……

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

It is a joke , but i am an asura fan boy …. sorry . For me everyclass in this game, asura is better

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

It is a joke , but i am an asura fan boy …. sorry . For me everyclass in this game, asura is better

Yea, I have 5 of em, they just so much fun to run around and play. But I am making a Char engi for the lore aspect of it and the story line achievs, plus I haven’t really played one that mush so wanna see how they play out as well.
But yea, the lil guys can get you hooked!!!

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

My engi is a sylvari, just to make everyone wary and uncomfortable. I mean, look at the lore: we have Scarlet, we have Aerin… sylvari engies = trouble.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

My engi is a sylvari, just to make everyone wary and uncomfortable. I mean, look at the lore: we have Scarlet, we have Aerin… sylvari engies = trouble.

Exactly. I’m Sylvari Engi too!

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Sylvari Engi… why bother with any other race?

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

lLobo.7960

Im an environmental engineer in RL, sylvary engi was the only reasonable option in game.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Im an environmental engineer in RL, sylvary engi was the only reasonable option in game.

Arrrggg…lol! You guys are killing me! I actually rolled a Sylvari but swapped to Char and now I’m sticking to my Asura…just “feels” a bit more like the profession for me and a lot of that comes from me enjoying the race in the first place. They just fun little suckers to play.
But thanks heaps for all the comments and input, it was/is appreciated and now lets hope the Class doesn’t die the slow painful death. Fingers crossed Engi’s get some love….a hug maybe…little kiss, a wink even!!??

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I think the op made the wrong question. The real question is not what is the best race for an engineer but… what is the superior race of tyria? What is by far better than any others ? Obviously Asura … so … for every class, the best race is always asura . And obviously, i am impartial

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

I think the op made the wrong question. The real question is not what is the best race for an engineer but… what is the superior race of tyria? What is by far better than any others ? Obviously Asura … so … for every class, the best race is always asura . And obviously, i am impartial

Lol, I didn’t make the “wrong” question per say….just should have labelled it “Asura rules all”, is that what you are saying?
Yea, they kinda grow on you.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

Lol, I didn’t make the “wrong” question per say….just should have labelled it “Asura rules all”, is that what you are saying?
Yea, they kinda grow on you.

Yes Asura Rules ALL

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Max sized norn so you can crush them pesky rats with one foot each.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

make two engies 1 asura and 1 charr, I have made a total of 17 engineers now :L
(pls anet stop ruining the profession)

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

lLobo.7960

Yes Asura Rules ALL

Except that one sylvari engi that was more intelligent than all of them.

On a serious note, I tried asura engi he is just one of my crafters now.
Although I like the technology side of the asura for an engi character, it pained me to see my magitech asura using charr turrets while those inquest engies get the cool laser shooting magitech turrets. That and the tiny weapons and clipping toes and ears on armor killed it for me.

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

make two engies 1 asura and 1 charr, I have made a total of 17 engineers now :L
(pls anet stop ruining the profession)

Yea, exactly what I did. needed the storylines done anyways so wasn’t that bad but I am sticking to my lil Asura bomb throwing fire belchin acid chuckin Engi for sure!!

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Yes Asura Rules ALL

Except that one sylvari engi that was more intelligent than all of them.

Ok, I am all for “going against the grain” and all but from what I have read every Sylvari Engi was either mad or evil as?? So um, yea, any that didn’t try and take over the planet?

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: ColdHatred.7230

ColdHatred.7230

The Eternal Alchemy! That screams Asura! If you love EG, and the HOPE legendary, go Asura! You will never regret it.

Asuran Engineer – Ëlixir

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

The Eternal Alchemy! That screams Asura! If you love EG, and the HOPE legendary, go Asura! You will never regret it.

OMG!!! I love you!!! All this time and so many toons and I have yet to pick a legendary. Started them all, but never got far.
Now after seeing HOPE I am sold. So perfect for my Asura engi too….means I can delete the plant and cat, maybe.
Thanks for pointing that out!!!!

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Posted by: ColdHatred.7230

ColdHatred.7230

OMG!!! I love you!!! All this time and so many toons and I have yet to pick a legendary. Started them all, but never got far.
Now after seeing HOPE I am sold. So perfect for my Asura engi too….means I can delete the plant and cat, maybe.
Thanks for pointing that out!!!!

Haha you’re welcome! That’s exactly how i roll on my asura engi! Every pistol shot is worth it!

Asuran Engineer – Ëlixir

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

idk if this happens in other races, but the asuras always drop a smile when they use poison dart volley :P

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Dawdler.8521

idk if this happens in other races, but the asuras always drop a smile when they use poison dart volley :P

Attachments:

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

The op made the wrong question , as already said. There is one race, the superior one, asura … and other subraces … inferior races . So you can chose to be superior or not. It is simple . :-)

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Attachments:

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

Sad but true truth … old true engineers … use pistols and find scrapper hammer boring as hell

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

I prefer Rifle over both. More interesting animations.

Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

I prefer Rifle over both. More interesting animations.

I do love rifle too becuase of the shotgun feeling, but it was use pistols or being sub-optimal, the day rifle gets love i will go rifle as soon as they buff it :P

Race for Engi...which?

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

I do mostly Open World, so I don’t mind being sub-optimal. I carry a set of vipers and all weapons needed for Raids, but it is not my main content.

Hawks