Runes other than Scholar?

in Engineer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I’m making a zerker build on my Engineer for obvious reasons alongside my Condi build I’m going to run in WvW, however every guide i come across says to use Scholar runes, but I’m not a huge fan of those, as i struggle to stay above 90% hp, what would be some other beneficial runes for an Engineer?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

If you’re going full zerker, without assassin’s pieces, Ranger Runes would be most beneficial for you. The ‘+7% damage with companion’ bonus activates when you have a mini out. If you plan on doing mostly open world/world boss stuff where your mini may be hidden due to population, you’d probably be better off with Flame Legion runes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

wait wut, ranger runes are triggered by minis? oO
I always thought only ranger-pets would trigger them, even tho I have to admit that I were always curious about whether necro-minions, mesmer-clones or engi-turrets would trigger them as well. (never tested it myself)
But I hardly believe that minis trigger them, and even if they do, that’d run under bug / exploit in my book…

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

wait wut, ranger runes are triggered by minis? oO
I always thought only ranger-pets would trigger them, even tho I have to admit that I were always curious about whether necro-minions, mesmer-clones or engi-turrets would trigger them as well. (never tested it myself)
But I hardly believe that minis trigger them, and even if they do, that’d run under bug / exploit in my book…

Yeah ranger runes are bugged so that minis activate the 6th bonus. It’s actually been like this for a while, since long before the account wardrobe was released.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

They’ve been like that for quite a while, and it has been mentioned a lot, so ANet has had ample time to fix them or at least comment on if that functionality was unintentional, but they have not done so. Interestingly enough, before that they were bugged and the 6th effect bonus never triggered at all. I don’t think the mini-pet effect trigger is going anywhere anytime soon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

WvW means players that attack you and not npc’s like in dungeons. I don’t know what guide you’ve seen, but either it was for PvE or the creator was as bright as a slice of bread.

WvW I’d suggest hoelbrak for power builds. Altought I’m more expirienced in PvE stuff, still – I think it’s ok

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hoelbrak is fine, i prefer melandru

scholar is kitten

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Strength/Hoelbrak if might stacking!
Pack/Ogre for most consistent high damage runes! Pack will do more damage than Ranger because of Ranger’s lack of power and gives similar amounts of precision!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I prefer Strength over Scholar because its much better party support with might while dps is just slightly lower (its like 2% or so). Also engineer (maybe only mine) is like everytime primary target for every mob in zone so keeping HP over 90% is often very hard.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Credit goes to wolf!
The vampire runes are great too, you keep strong power and it helps you live though your zerk stats ( I took a break from gw and now working back into the zerk lifestyle ) yes this is in PvE.

Although as others say ranger is neat against things you can crit on, plus you get that +7% bonus.

I used to use str runes but I didnt stack might to make thrm worth it. I feel you need to stack might and have sigil of battle as well to make them worth the while.

Edit: personaly I still love scholar, although I am making another zerk outfit

(edited by Sarahfull.4930)

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

I tried Wolfineers vampirism idea but find the mist as frustrating as auto elixir s, even though you can use toolbelf skills.

My S/D burster goes 4 into inventions though, so when I’m struck under 25% health I want to be able to activate my healing turret combo.

I have to give a 1+ to runes of the pack. I do have strength on my celestial gear but for power in group play (PvP/small roaming party) Pack it is for me.

in Engineer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I do a lot of burning with my engi, is Rune of the flame legion a valid option to replace scholar or other good sup. runes?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

If you or your group can keep decent burn up-time on the mobs and you have problems maintaining at least 90% of your health for more than half of the fight, Superior Rune of the Flame Legion is a good, cheap alternative.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I do a lot of burning with my engi, is Rune of the flame legion a valid option to replace scholar or other good sup. runes?

Flame Legion is a solid choice. What build are you using because with nade you want a good amount of precision. Ideally assassin gear with flame legion runes would be a good cheap alternative. If you are using zerker, the rune of the ranger will be a better choice with a mini.

Of course if you are not using a nade build then forget about what I said, it will depend on your build. If that’s the case, take rune of the flame legion it will be a really good cheap rune for you.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Engineer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Flame Legion is a solid choice. What build are you using because with nade you want a good amount of precision. Ideally assassin gear with flame legion runes would be a good cheap alternative. If you are using zerker, the rune of the ranger will be a better choice with a mini.

Of course if you are not using a nade build then forget about what I said, it will depend on your build. If that’s the case, take rune of the flame legion it will be a really good cheap rune for you.

Ok the one with the mini sounds like the better one. But it sounds like it’s not intended to work with a mini. So it might get fixed(right after I get it of course)
Thanks for the info.