>Condi/toughness meta been dominant 6+ months

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

>Increases condi duration bonuses across the board, albeit mostly via runes/sigils
>Goes ahead and nerfs boon duration across the board, because why not?
>Introduces new, viable defensive (in one case condi dmg-based) traits for many classes — not us though, don’t worry; especially not any kind of defense vs. conditions
>Reduces critical damage values in WvW (sure, not in s/tPvP, but still)
>Reduces vigor availability across the board — dodging is far more effective against power builds than it is against condition builds once the [spammable] condis are on you
>Nerfs Runes of Lyssa 6-set by adding a 5-condition conversion cap
>Introduces only one somewhat viable GM trait for Guardians (relative to the other options), and it may still hardly see any use because A. 30 points in Virtues is only used in specific builds and B. Endurance regeneration is capped at +100% (Vigor up) anyway
>ANet balance team

Sure, the Valor and Honor GM traits are interesting at best, but look at your other options in those lines: PoV, BP, AH, MF (if playing medis).

Just. Wot?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bawzdawg.2839

Bawzdawg.2839

ant devs are kitten h o l e s, dem condition builds are kittening me off so bad, is bullkitten, nerf condition spam, and give us toughnrss on zerker amulets like ur beloved condition amulets.

kittening noob condi spam specs, its ridicioulus, I HATE THAT META
Nerf power across the board, leave cindis untouched srsly anet ur a bunch of kittens

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Not sure what everyone expected if truth be told. All anyone has to do is go back to the Dec 10th thread and see the writing on the wall.

Its dead Jim!

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

The best case senario I’ve found against condi meta builds is just to survive against them. Remove what I can and heal through the rest. If they are really good we can’t kill each other, if they are bad I “might” be able to kill them if they don’t run away.

Of course I’ve been running a high Healing Power medi build with MI (I’m actually getting used to the skill). Nothing better then MI into a refuge with your thief buddy.

After this patch, power builds did take a hit, which might mean moving more things into vit over toughness to deal with condis better.

But to your point Chris, it does blow. A nerf to our vigor, useless traits, poor attempts to make a condi guard viable, etc etc. I’m not too thrilled with it, either. The best thing we can do is adapt =/ and be thankful that we aren’t a useless profession.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Honestly the only thing I’ve found that can keep up with a condi build’s application speed is a Warrior. Guardians were never really able to keep up.

The issue with balancing, that I’ve found, is that a good part of their balancing/design/community team (the PvP-oriented members) tend to play condi-based builds. Grouch is a good example; he played condi nades for quite a while. It’s hard to see the other side of the fence if you never play over there.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Imposing a change for PvE with zero thought to how it affects balance elsewhere, is incredibly shortsighted.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Honestly we should wait and see how things play out. The patch hasn’t even been out for a day. Give it a few weeks or a month, and see how things evolve. Like I’ve been using Generosity and Purity sigils when going against heavy condi players, and I’ve been loving it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I think the generosity/purity change (fix) is the only thing that as peaked my interest in the whole update, especially since they’ve knocked 33% off the chill duration for my usual hydromancy setup

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Yeah let us all run out and buy superior generosity sigil at 30 to 60 gold a pop or whatever they are currently trending at

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Yeah let us all run out and buy superior generosity sigil at 30 to 60 gold a pop or whatever they are currently trending at

Essentially this. That a 70g sigil is viewed as a good counter to condi meta is hilarious.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma