Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Feel My Wrath
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Feel_My_Wrath!%22

Mantra of Potence
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Potence
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potent_Haste
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overwhelming_Celerity

With firebrand having Mantra of Potence, I feel like Feel My Wrath, as an elite, will become completely abandoned (if it isn’t already). It’s also a little bit odd for a utility skill to be stronger than an elite. Perhaps this should be examined; anyone have any ideas on how to make Feel My Wrath better?

I think making it instant cast and lowering the CD would help it quite a bit… perhaps making it apply Justice’s burning active to those affected.

Maybe giving it alacrity, even?

Feel My Wrath vs Mantra of Potence

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It would be interesting if it had a Litany of Wrath effect that lasts for 3 seconds or so. It would make for interesting plays, using it for defensive purposes while attempting to deal AoE damages, using it for offensive purposes while not worrying too much about aoe around you, or just worrying about getting CC’d because you don’t have Mantra of Potence.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

It can actually be argued if the mantra is stronger, for personal use it is but as a support tool it has 6% of the area of effect compared to FmW.

in Guardian

Malthurius.6870

In general, quickness isn’t as coveted as it once was, and Firebrand will end up having a lot more sources of it. FmW may retain limited use in WvW, but that range isn’t much of a selling point in other game types, imo.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

At its current state, the mantra (like all support mantras) is pointless as a support tool, since you won’t support anyone with it if you can’t hit people. Nevertheless, I agree that FMW feels lackluster. The easiest way would probably be instant cast, CD reduced to 30 s and maybe even increase quickness duration.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

In general, quickness isn’t as coveted as it once was, and Firebrand will end up having a lot more sources of it. FmW may retain limited use in WvW, but that range isn’t much of a selling point in other game types, imo.

And pvp even though i can not see RF being replaced in any competetive build but if compared to the mantra, it is better.

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Feel my wrath made more sense when it had 30 secs CD instead of the current 45 sec. Mantra of potence is propbably be better if you need retaliation considering that you are flooded with quickness options in FB.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Mantra of Potence is a utility skill, FmW is an elite skill. They are not even competing. Given how Firebrand has no dps elites, or any good elites for pve, it goes without saying that FmW will be used if quickness builds have a place in raids/fractals.

in Guardian

Malthurius.6870

Mantra of Potence is a utility skill, FmW is an elite skill. They are not even competing. Given how Firebrand has no dps elites, or any good elites for pve, it goes without saying that FmW will be used if quickness builds have a place in raids/fractals.

FmW won’t be used by firebrands most likely; they appear to be able to maintain 100% uptime (or close to it) on quickness with the help of concentration gear without FmW.

Also, I’d say the elite mantra, on demand stun break and stab, as well as renewed focus, recharging all tomes/virtues (which is shaping up to appear mandatory for Firebrand), make for stiff competition for a guardian ever bringing FmW again in their elite slot… especially if Mantra of Potence can do it better, or at least competitively, in a less valuable utility slot.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Doesn’t stalwart speed make mantra of liberation a better choice for quickness than feel my wrath?

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

And pvp even though i can not see RF being replaced in any competetive build but if compared to the mantra, it is better.

From what I’ve seen Mantra of Liberation out performed Renewed Focus. Instantly having the ability to cast (3x) a Stability + Stun breaker means we’ll be able to continue to self sustain ourselves with F2/F3 or continue to deal burst F1 damages without interruptions.

If other Firebrands are having issues on self sustaining themselves, then they weren’t utilizing their F2 heals and F3 damage mitigations properly.

RF would be fine if our virtues weren’t interruptible – we otherwise get blown up with CC’s the moment we leave RF.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

For me it is not the mitigation part that is interesting in RF, it is the recharge of the tomes.
I used SyG when i activated F2 and/or F3 and F1 i precharged every time before i made contact. I think SyG handled cc very well when i entered F1/F2.

In quickness builds i will use shout och mantra as elite but in a build that focuses on tomes i cant see RF not being used..

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

FmW won’t be used by firebrands most likely; they appear to be able to maintain 100% uptime (or close to it) on quickness with the help of concentration gear without FmW.

Also, I’d say the elite mantra, on demand stun break and stab, as well as renewed focus, recharging all tomes/virtues (which is shaping up to appear mandatory for Firebrand), make for stiff competition for a guardian ever bringing FmW again in their elite slot… especially if Mantra of Potence can do it better, or at least competitively, in a less valuable utility slot.

Concentration gear is a huge dps loss. Renewed Focus will always be a niche skill in pve because of the loss of dps uptime.

On the other hand, if you use Mantra of Solace, Potence and FmW, you can maintain perma-quickness with only 31% boon duration, which is covered with just a single Sigil of Concentration. Which means, all your gear, runes, food and your other sigil will be full condi dps.

Doesn’t stalwart speed make mantra of liberation a better choice for quickness than feel my wrath?

It’s slightly better, but the fact that you have to track an invisible cooldown and the reduced range, make it not worth the effort, if all you care about is quickness. It has some niche uses in content like the new fractal that has so much CC.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

For me it is not the mitigation part that is interesting in RF, it is the recharge of the tomes.
I used SyG when i activated F2 and/or F3 and F1 i precharged every time before i made contact. I think SyG handled cc very well when i entered F1/F2.

In quickness builds i will use shout och mantra as elite but in a build that focuses on tomes i cant see RF not being used..

That would work. For my Sage build the utilities I use are SC/Judges/Mantra of Lore. The mantra is the only utility worth giving up but vs a Condi comp I’ll have to take it over SYG

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld