in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

I did, but I was wrong about justice.

Comparing Justice passive procs.
FB: 1 3/4s @ 586 – 335 /s
DH: 3 1/2s @ 1171 – 335 /s
Core: 6 3/4s @ 2,341 – 347 /s
Done in sPvP lobby with carrion stats, balth runes and smoldering sigils.

Justice got a pretty nice buff considering it burns quicker now.

What does “burns quicker” mean, all conditions behave the same regardless of their skill of origin.

And you calculated it yourself that the dps is the same (nothing quicker there), but the duration is lower. So what exactly is your point?

Very short burn duration means less time to clear it. Basically less time to stop the house from burning down. Faster burns are a good thing.

The only downside is less potential damage, but that potential damage doesn’t really matter in PvP (where the tests were done). It gives you more guaranteed damage which is great. In WvW I messed around a little and you can potentially turn FB Justice passive into a very, very deadly thing if your build revolves around it.

My take anyway.

Are you seriously saying that less burn is better?

1 second of burning does x damage.
4 seconds of burning does up to 4x damage, but i will never do less damage than 1 second of burning, unless you cleanse it immediately, in which case both 1s and 4s will do 0 damage.

Burning is damage over time. The more duration the better, you can’t say less duration is better because you can’t cleanse it. Guess what, it “cleanses” itself, because it stops ticking sooner than the 4s burn.

Know what? You’re right. I wasn’t thinking straight earlier cause I had just woken up and was rushing around cause I was heading out.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Firebrand feels indredibly clunky

in Guardian

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

Solution?

Reduced cast time base, replace that trait with.

“You gain a barrier and stability whenever you activate a tome”.

Or, kitten it, make that buff AoE. 600 range around the guard. This way, even full support guards (minstrels/leadership) have a reason to at least swap into the burn tome: pop it, drop tome #5 and #3 if you want to do some defiance damage (pve), then drop out. Team barrier.

Fixed.

- Sele

(edited by Selendile.9106)