Guardians, What annoys you the most?

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Since we already have a pretty complete bug thread that doesn’t get updated much anymore due lack of bug fixes or new bugs, I decided to create this thread hoping to get the devs notice what we don’t like about our class or game mechanic that you would like to be changed.

The format I hope we can keep to let this post remain organized and interesting to read would be to:
1- List the issue.
2-Detail why it annoys you.
3-Short description of what you would like to be changed so its fixed.

Please remain polite and express yourself in a way that is easy for others and the devs to understand your concerns.

Bugged master Traits

• Its been close to 3 months that we reported several bugs with traits, namely pure of voice and battle presence. These 2 things can make or break builds and its incredible that they are still bugged.
  • Can’t do much here other than hope they get fixed soon.

People jumping/rolling through our line of warding or ring of warding

• Its really saddening when you time your longest hammer/staff cooldown & cast time spell to get an amazing trap on somebody just to see your efforts going down the drain when they just jump it or dodge without stability.
  • Nobody should be able to cross it without using stability or a teleport skill.

Lack of consistency with Leap of faith

• Why am I allowed to jump full distance on some pits but then ill crash on an invisible wall on others?
  • The skill should have the same behavior regardless of the terrain.

The butchering of some of our skills in sPvP without testing

• Shield of judgement, Save Yourselves, Selfless Daring, to name a few, why instead of toning them down a little and give them appropriate test they get just chopped in half?
  • I don’t understand the SoJ nerf, SY was op I agree, but instead of halving the power should have reworked it a little, like more duration for boons the more conditions you sucked in.

Selfless Daringhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Daring

• Selfless daring, healing cut in half, which i think its crazy considering it has a very very low base.
  • Why not increase the base healing to 500/600 so its a viable pick on all builds even the ones without healing stat and cut the scaling a bit? I should be rewarded for sacrificing hp and damage in order to heal more.
    129 + 1 * Healing Power is op for selfless daring for guardian.
    1192 + (0.8*healing power) is fine for warriors I guess?

Lack of support oriented ascended items

• Why is it all dps? where are the healing ascended items?
  • All kinds of gear should be available.

Things that ill cover later

Clunky or lackluster Traits and skills

• Traits that work only while downed (lol), Healer’s Retribution, Searing Flames, Strength in Numbers, Mace of Justice, Glacial Heart, Unscathed Contender, Retaliatory Subconscious, Scepter auto attack, Torch, Hallowed Ground, Sanctuary, Bow of truth among others seem extremely weak taking into account the effect and the cool downs they have.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Munster.7942

Munster.7942

Love the list and agree with all of them even if i haven’t encountered them all myself. The lack of scaling for some traits leaves much to be desired.
- Strength in numbers: +30 toughness to you and your allies

- 30 toughness is worthless once you are 80 in full exotics. Why waste and entire trait on providing such minimal protection.

- This trait should scale with lvl or with the guardians own toughness giving a % the guardians owns toughness to allies. Flat rate values become lack luster at max level.

in Guardian

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I’m sure this is in the bug list somewhere, but our burning (Virtue of Justice) not being applied from range is very annoying.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

The only issue I really have with the Guardian currently is his lack of ranged. I would simply like Scepter to be made like Mesmer Scepter with semi-homing projectiles in a chain but have the 3rd attack in the chain be a targeted bolt of lightning.

- This would solve the issues of the Scepter along with giving them a true ranged weapon.

Staff on the other hand needs a few changes. Channel time of Empower needs reduced 1 second and the stacks per pulse need increased by 1. The auto-attack needs to be changed to a ranged targetted attack akin to Elementalist’s Scepter auto-attack SFX but with the Guardians signature blue flames. Orb of Light should be renamed and turned into a CAoE damages enemies and weakens them and heal that grants Swiftness to allies, Symbol of Swiftness should become Symbol of Vigor. I think both Line of Warding and Ring of Warding need fixed so that they cannot be rolled through and those that pass through it with Stability should take damage and be burned. Teleports should be the only safe way to pass through (Ride the Lightning is not a Teleport)

- Staff is a great support item but with skills that are bugged/glitchy and even with fixes are still lack luster. Staff should be something that can be used to support from afar or at mid range. Changing the auto-attack from a CAoE to a single target direct attack gives Guardians a 2H ranged weapon option and makes the weapon not require the Scepter as your mandatory back-up weapon for keep takes/defenses. I moved the Swiftness buff to Skill 2 because Symbol of Swiftness was wasted as a stationary effect. You toss it for people to run through, not for the damage or possible healing with Traits. If you wanted a way to give Swiftness to the masses why not just give them a new skill such as my proposed CAoE. The Symbol was changed to give Vigor since Vigor is more useful in a stationary fight. You dodge roll in and out of the Symbol while fighting able to keep enemies in it for damage and possible healing for the player with proper Traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Nothing after playing a necro then engineer. The problems of his class are really nothing in comparison.

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Shout range. Seriously. Do I really need to go near to someone so that he/she can hear/get the ‘shout’. It’s a shout!

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I’m actually pretty happy with the way Guardians are right now. The few things that do annoy me are: Zeal’s Grandmaster Traits, both of which are very difficult to justify. Scepter, which really needs something. Attack chain, faster projectile speed, but something. I have some issues with a few of our Utilities having punitive cooldowns the length of which far exceed their relative value (Signet of Mercy, for example), but that is neither here nor there.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

1-List the issue.

• Staff does not work on Z-axis.

• You cannot hit targets that are above or below you. Example: the gargoyles in AC’s spider room. It’s one of the main reason I rarely equip the staff beside for mobility.

• Make it like a dome effect so you can hit targets above and below you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Mace of Justice is like the guardian’s best trait. What’s wrong with you? If anything it needs a nerf so I have an incentive to take other traits instead of it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I actually find the mace skills pretty useful, they just don’t do as much damage as some other weapons which is, arguably, balanced due to the pretty ridiculous amount of healing you can get done with it
I find sword and scepter to be the most lacking.
Scepter

1. Orb of Wrath – We all know what’s wrong with this.
  2. Smite – It looks, smells and tastes like a symbol and does not act at all like a symbol. Its damage is unreliable and is less effective against multiple enemies even though it is an AoE skill. It also isn’t a combo field.
  3. Chains of Light – Pretty much the only reason to bring a scepter. The only problem I have with it, I guess, is that it only applies one stack of vulnerability and two stacks when traited. I think something like five stacks would bring it in line with other profession’s vulnerability inflicting skills.

Sword
A lot of people don’t agree with me in regards to sword being average but hear me out.

1. Sword 1 Chain – This is useful enough really, albeit kinda boring. Now that it hits multiple enemies (I think), it’s good. Applying a boon or something might make it more interesting.
  2. Flashing Blade – Its damage is ridiculously tiny, it may as well heal enemies. The teleport is nice, the blind is nice, the cooldown is nice but I feel that making this skill a leap finisher would add a whole lot more variety, interest and possibly trait synergy to the sword. Also, more damage please
  3. Zealot’s Defense – First off, I freaking loved this skill when I saw the skill videos of it but when I actually used it, I was a little disappointed. It locks you in place, it can sometimes miss stationary targets the further away they are (still in range), all the target has to do to not receive damage is strafe, it would be nice if the projectiles it blocked counted as real blocks in regard to traits and finally, my personal favourite, I don’t see why the projectiles from this skill need to be single target. I think it would be really useful if they pierced through enemies in a line, they certainly look like they would behave as such.

I know the sword does good damage, I know that it triggers Virtue of Justice a little more than most weapons in most cases but it only really does good damage to one target at a time. Most of the time, it makes more sense to bring a greatsword, at least its blind does damage.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Silver.8023)

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Since we already have a pretty complete bug thread that doesn’t get updated much anymore due lack of bug fixes or new bugs, I decided to create this thread hoping to get the devs notice what we don’t like about our class or game mechanic that you would like to be changed.

The format I hope we can keep to let this post remain organized and interesting to read would be to:
1- List the issue.

Please remain polite and express yourself in a way that is easy for others and the devs to understand your concerns.

You have a lot of valid points. Yet you manage to waeken your opinion with a lot of generalism in terms of this is bad this is lackluster and this is not powerful enough, which seems to be the common way of compiling lists. Maybe it is okay since you try to put stuff down that “annoys” you but i find some of the things you described not annoying – they are down right broken. Other stuff is only annoying to you because you want more power which bassically will not get changed if you do not give valid reason or alternative/suggestion. Saying that all mace skills are useless is not really helpful – (I also strongly disagree – DO NOT TOUCH MY MACE!)

Essentially you have to choose what this list will be – bug list or wish list

since we have the bug list I think it should be the second…

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

so here is my wish for christmas

1-List the issue.

• Norn Model Animation for renewed Focus and Empower

• Norn and humans the model does some stretching move (on top of that in heavy armor) that looks stupid. with the change that renewed focus can be cast on the move its even more stupid. It looks like a “duck and recover” rather then something that is essentially a gathering of power.

• i do like the idea that race and gender have different animations ..but in this case the charr animation is just better for all of them (model stand up as straight as possible and holds the weapon infront of them) – USE THIS ONE for Norn. I think the asura do something else and players like it ..so do not touch that one.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

1- List the issue.

You have a lot of valid points. Yet you manage to waeken your opinion with a lot of generalism in terms of this is bad this is lackluster and this is not powerful enough, which seems to be the common way of compiling lists. Maybe it is okay since you try to put stuff down that “annoys” you but i find some of the things you described not annoying – they are down right broken. Other stuff is only annoying to you because you want more power which bassically will not get changed if you do not give valid reason or alternative/suggestion. Saying that all mace skills are useless is not really helpful – (I also strongly disagree – DO NOT TOUCH MY MACE!)

Essentially you have to choose what this list will be – bug list or wish list

since we have the bug list I think it should be the second…

I never intended this to be like a bug list, and yes, this is about posting stuff that annoys YOU as a player of the class, Im not trying to list things that are generally hated by most guardians out there because, as some of you guys already mentioned, some things that I listed are not annoying to them.

I had a lot of ideas on the opening thread but I had to leave mid way, so ill edit the list slowly to make them more detailed.

Here is one part
Spear Wallhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spear_Wall

• The skill pushes you back and creates a wall of light that damages mobs that pass through it, I dont like it because it seems to have a very very small aoe radius, I could cast it next to 10 mobs going after me ( for example the mini medusas in the fractals ) only to see 1 get hit.
  • I feel It needs a tad higher damage and also a secondary effect, most likely something like cripple, this would make it great for underwater combat and pvp since enemies would have to be mindful of it and could be used a a passive field control.

Signet of Mercyhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Mercy

• The extremely long cast time and cooldown makes this skill incredibly hard to use in any situation, in pvp its very easy to have the downed person killed before you finish casting it, or you get down right interrupted easly because the obv animation.
  • The skill would be great if it had a much shorter cast time with a smaller cooldown.

Merciful Interventionhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciful_Intervention

• It was really hard to use before, Anet keeps changing it over and over but it never feels right, the last iteration cut healing down a LOT, and it still keeps teleporting me to npcs or pets, I got teleported to a turret once I dont get it.
  • If the healing will stay this low the skill needs to be something I can trust, and have a a constant behaviour, and also smaller cooldown.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Silver.8023

Spear Wall used to inflict bleeds as far as I can remember, that would be nice. What I don’t like about it is that when it sends you floating back, the mobs just walk through it, get hit once and then they’re on your face again next to the wall…. by the time you kite them back in, it’s gone

Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Bugs aside…

Scepter needs to be reworked to be more effective at range.

I’ve used mine maybe twice, and only when the swarm of enemies was just too thick for me to survive being in the middle. I think that’s really the only time we would use it, so it needs to be designed for that purpose.

Give Scepter a ranged crippling combo field, faster orbs, orb chain, larger Smite…or something

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

did you just compare a minor master traits healing (that requires no skill/weapon changes) to a major grandmaster one that only works with shouts?

thats a totally fair comparison…

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Bugs aside…

Scepter needs to be reworked to be more effective at range.

I’ve used mine maybe twice, and only when the swarm of enemies was just too thick for me to survive being in the middle. I think that’s really the only time we would use it, so it needs to be designed for that purpose.

Give Scepter a ranged crippling combo field, faster orbs, orb chain, larger Smite…or something

Trident skills are what scepter skills should be. Specifically trident skill #3.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: HawkXtream.1538

HawkXtream.1538

Pure of Voice does not remove condition or apply boon sometime. This is really annoying!

in Guardian

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

1. Hammer 4 is a useless skill.
2. It doesn’t make sense to me why one who engages in melee combat would want to knock an enemy OUT of melee range. As an escape mechanism, we already have Hammer 3 and/or anything a second weapon set. Secondly before I stopped using it I used to get yelled at when running dungeons for knocking enemies away, even though I made sure never to use it while people were trying to execute important combos. For these two reasons I’ve stopped using it altogether.
3. I would really like to see this changed to a knockdown instead. A knockdown syngerizes much better with melee combat, and it would solve the “stop using knockback” issues when running group content.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

1-List the issue.

• Staff does not work on Z-axis.

• You cannot hit targets that are above or below you. Example: the gargoyles in AC’s spider room. It’s one of the main reason I rarely equip the staff beside for mobility.

• Make it like a dome effect so you can hit targets above and below you.

This is exactly what I was gonna post after reading the thread title

in Guardian

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

2. It doesn’t make sense to me why one who engages in melee combat would want to knock an enemy OUT of melee range. As an escape mechanism, we already have Hammer 3 and/or anything a second weapon set. Secondly before I stopped using it I used to get yelled at when running dungeons for knocking enemies away, even though I made sure never to use it while people were trying to execute important combos. For these two reasons I’ve stopped using it altogether.
3. I would really like to see this changed to a knockdown instead. A knockdown syngerizes much better with melee combat, and it would solve the “stop using knockback” issues when running group content.

Actually it makes a lot of sense if you are focused on area denial bunker/support roles- which Guardians can put together an amazing amount of tricks to support.

Edit: I almost forgot to explicitly mention that you can couple the knockback with a leap/blind or pull interrupt (quick weapon swap req’d), this gives two ability breakers and a denial of area with reasonable damage, and the second breaker (usually) being a combo finisher… yep – can’t find a place for that to be used in the game today…

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

(edited by thisolderhead.5127)

in Guardian

Silver.8023

Banish + Zealot’s Embrace + Wall of Reflection = Turning a 3v1 into a 2v1 momentarily.
Not useless at all, just don’t put it in a rotation.

For an on-topic response, as a profession that can, in the right circumstances, be very easily kited, it would be really nice if we had some kind of ranged cripple like, I dunno, every other profession has! (Affliction and Shackle don’t count )
I kinda think if Smite were re-worked it could be a good candidate for cripple. Although, imagine a CRIPPLE SYMBOL!!

Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Banish + Zealot’s Embrace + Wall of Reflection = Turning a 3v1 into a 2v1 momentarily.
Not useless at all, just don’t put it in a rotation.

For an on-topic response, as a profession that can, in the right circumstances, be very easily kited, it would be really nice if we had some kind of ranged cripple like, I dunno, every other profession has! (Affliction and Shackle don’t count )
I kinda think if Smite were re-worked it could be a good candidate for cripple. Although, imagine a CRIPPLE SYMBOL!!

Like if the staff symbol was swiftness/cripple? I’d be down with that.

in Guardian

Silver.8023

Yeah that sounds fun! Although, if Smite were a symbol that inflicted weakness upon foes and granted might to allies not only would it be awesome but it would also kind of stick to the theme of the skill.

…I still want a ranged cripple though haha!

Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

Actually it makes a lot of sense if you are focused on area denial bunker/support roles- which Guardians can put together an amazing amount of tricks to support.

Edit: I almost forgot to explicitly mention that you can couple the knockback with a leap/blind or pull interrupt (quick weapon swap req’d), this gives two ability breakers and a denial of area with reasonable damage, and the second breaker (usually) being a combo finisher… yep – can’t find a place for that to be used in the game today…

This

The knockback was originally intended for situations where you want to remove people out of play. Examples like trebuches, stompers, people around cliffs or even punting someone into your zerg. You can utilise #4 in a melee situation by using it straight after #5. A player without stability would be completely shut down for a few seconds which is all the time you need with a Hammer.

But on topic yes, things that annoying me

- Teleporting into a tent with flash blade and getting stuck between the sheets. :/

in Guardian

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

Hmm… I hadn’t thought of these uses. I suppose denial bunker could be useful for tanking/creating choke points in PvE dungeons (PvE being where I was coming from with my post to begin with)

Though I am not a huge fan of weapon swapping… I usually find myself wanting to switch weapons again too soon, after switching once already, and then being frustrated because weapon swapping is still on cool down. Maybe I am just doing it wrong.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Guardian

thisolderhead.5127

Weapon swapping to me generally means I have a second weapon set for either blowing all CD’s on abilities and swapping to back to my primary ASAP (e.g. staff for healing/utility), or I setup a situational contrast set (single target, quick moving secondary to offset a slow moving AoE primary for example), wanting to switch back to the primary is normal hehehe.

Guardians toolset is amazing when you are thinking outside the box – while GS5 might not be CC in the sense that a stun is CC, its an AoE interrupt that can be used to herd/deny area to enemies – that is awesome if you think about it that way.

A lot of the “why does it do those two things – they don’t make sense together” abilities in GW2 are actually a way of getting two situational tricks into one slot.

All of those little “Grant whatever for 1-3sec” effects are another example, based on the GW2 mechanics something that applies 5 times per minute for 1 second each (5 second total) results in much better OVERALL outcomes than something that applies once per minute for 10 seconds.

There isn’t much (outside of actual bugs and one of two broken abilities) that isn’t to be liked about this class – assuming you can accept the few limitations that keep us in some kind of balance-check.

Please try again.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nitescape.6984

Nitescape.6984

hello fellow Guardians, i have read and agree with alot of what u are saying, there have been issues with us an i have sent in so many bug reports for flashing blades putting me into a wall or getting me stuck and there for dieing that i am sick at this point. i am fed up and tired of sending in bug reports, but that is not why i am posting.
my grip here has to do with my favorite way to play my Guardian S/S , M/S, to me our war counter part should be the master of weapons and we should be the wall that the enemy breaks on, and instead we are stuck with 2 shield skills and it really comes down to just 1 when all is said in done. SoJ is cool though the 30 sec cool down does mean u get about 1use per mob witch kind of sucks alot.
but then we have SoA and i can see the point the dervs were trying to go with that but tbh, its a wasted spot an a dead one, pushing a mob out of our melee range only pisses off the classes with us cause now if its a caster they just lost there aoe target, the other melee have run to go get back on the mob, and i find i hardly use it.. yes its a ok interrupt but 40 sec cool down for a push skill…… really,,,
what i would like to see in its place is something a kill option, like a throw shield, option, so we can pick depending on our play style and whats called for, allow us to throw a holy shield kind of like the wow pali (yes i hate to mention it but i did like that ability and it was useful ) let it snare the mob or stun them. and lower the cool down time on the shield skills so they can become more useful.
my other gripe is the mace, yes its the little hammer i get it but u try killing a mob with a mace u get 1 hit in a group and the rest of the dps have burned it into the ground. speed up the mace attack speed, not as fast as the sword but not like the hammer were anyone who knows the animation can just move out of the way. i think if those two changes were implemented then Guardians would be alot more fun to play.
I am not giving up on my Guardian as i played the para in GW1 even when they were beat into nothingness, but i am finding that my ele even with its flaws is a lot more fun to play at the moment. PS: did int mean to make a wall of text but ty for reading it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Cooldowns c: i hate cooldowns. I have good initial burst and then I’m like … okay now lets survive for ~10 seconds :X Q_Q

in Guardian

thisolderhead.5127

@Nitescape – SoA is one of the denial-of-area tools I alluded to above and in either PvP or PvE can be used to huge effect, 40 seconds on a projectile bubble that is also an AoE pushback/ability breaker is not unreasonable in this game.
SoJ on the other hand gives 5s Protection to allies in the cone and does reasonable AoE damage, the only time it doesn’t appear useful is when you are not facing your allies/enough enemies when using it. With S/S I tend to to use it immediately after double backward dodge so in around two seconds I’ve dropped two AoE heals, AoE damage wave, and AoE protection – then FB back onto the target.

@Ravenmoon – Sounds like you’ve chosen to build a glass cannon and given up a lot in order to try to get decent burst damage, does the “good initial burst” have a weapon swap as part of the cycle?

Please try again.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

@Ravenmoon – Sounds like you’ve chosen to build a glass cannon and given up a lot in order to try to get decent burst damage, does the “good initial burst” have a weapon swap as part of the cycle?

Nah I’m actually bunkered with GS and Staff. Kind of a beast but still. Have to wait to start my combos again xD
I usually troll my wvw enemies until they waste their 2 dodges and then I burst on them and they’re like 20% hp left.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

did you just compare a minor master traits healing (that requires no skill/weapon changes) to a major grandmaster one that only works with shouts?

Im comparing a trait that is able to heal up to 7000 burst instantly regardless of being stunned-feared-sinked, that is aoe and easy to heal others, and that is viable regardless of your gear stats and other trait picks to one that forces you to trade endurance, traits, and stats to +healing to be remotely viable, which you cannot use whenever you want.

As I said, id just love them to increase the base healing and keep the scaling to 50% in pvp so it heals a good number if i actually invest in +healing stats, while making it a good trait even if you don’t use healing.

Anyways, time for me to add more to this list.

Mace skills

Auto attack-

• I feel the chain itself its nice, its just a tad too slow on the last strike and tends to miss a lot because of it.
  • If the whole thing could be made like 10-15% faster it would be awesome.

Symbol of Faith

• Nice effect with the regen and good if combined with healing symbols, my issue is that again the cast time is slow and the fact that it puts the symbol right under you makes it a lot harder for me to use it effectively on allies. The thing is that almost everthing in pvp is aoe damage, and in order for my symbol to be used proactively to heal others I literally need to be on top of their model, making me eat the damage he is taking as well.
  • Make the cast time a little bit faster and make the symbol pop in front of the guardian instead. The guardian would still be able to get his own symbol healing but it would also let him to use it in an offensive-defensive way more effectively without putting him in much danger.

Protector’s Strike

• This skill has a lot of potential and could be an amazing skill with a few changes. The thing that I donĀ“t like is that is really really hard to get the protection buff if that is what i want because the block animation IMHO last waaaaay too long, Its really funny how I have to start casting this ultra far from the points to enter as it expires. I feel that if I want to block something I need to be better reacting to my enemy instead of running doing nothing for like 5 seconds hoping to block something.
  • Personally I would love the block duration to only last 3 seconds and then give the prot buff regardless if I blocked or not, this change would make the mace an incredible weapon.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: GraynX.8947

GraynX.8947

Anyone else not getting the swiftness buff from Symbol of Swiftness? I seem to miss it more and more lately. Don’t know if this is a bug or a delay with the client/server and me missing it before it registers?

Beat Reporter at www.guildwarsinsider.com

in Guardian

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Im comparing a trait that is able to heal up to 7000 burst instantly regardless of being stunned-feared-sinked, that is aoe and easy to heal others, and that is viable regardless of your gear stats and other trait picks to one that forces you to trade endurance, traits, and stats to +healing to be remotely viable, which you cannot use whenever you want.

As I said, id just love them to increase the base healing and keep the scaling to 50% in pvp so it heals a good number if i actually invest in +healing stats, while making it a good trait even if you don’t use healing.

7000? i assume you mean by running three shouts and putting all utilities on cooldown? and again vigorous shouts is a MAJOR GRANDMASTER trait, selfless daring is a MINOR MASTER trait

if you want to compare vigorous shouts to a guardian trait then compare it to monks focus (both of which are nice, vigorous shouts working better with healing power and monks focus allowing you to go offensive)

*note that it takes 1k healing power for vigshouts to catch up to monks focus with no healing power

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Guardian

Posted by: Morbios.1469

Morbios.1469

@GraynX: I think the symbol pulses 1/second for its duration. It is possible to run completely through the symbol in 1sec if your timing is “poor” (and even easier if you already have swiftness applied). Just requires careful use, I’m afraid.

in Guardian

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

1-List the issue.
Permeating Wrath only works on the passive VoJ.

You have to invest 30 points into the virtues line to get it, providing might and retaliation on VoJ activation and reducing the cooldown significantly, and this grandmaster trait encourages you to NOT use your virtue. (It actually does do a lot of damage in AoE situations).

It should do something on the activated VoJ also to make up for the loss of the DPS you normally get from it.

in Guardian

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

1 – No longbow/shortbow.

2 – All our spirit weapons can be equipped apart from the bow. It annoys me as i loved the idea of having a spirit GS and spirt bow skin on my main weapons aswell as having both out as spirit weapons.

3 – SImply make it so the Guardian can use either longbows or shortbows and i’d be a happy Guardian.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

I think my own complaint stems from the lack of range on melee weapons. The hit box in the game is really pretty small, so what appears to be in range actually isn’t, especially when you factor in server lag etc. There is little worse to me than running directly on top of someone swinging my weapons and missing. Ever notice you live longer in pvp when you keep moving? There ya go…

I honestly would be 100% satisfied with my scepter/focus or even staff damage if I could just hit reliably with my sword/mace/hammer etc.

The only game that has ever addressed this to my knowledge was Aion.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.almarsguides.com/aion/gettingstarted/extendableweapons.cfm

Even in that game they made the weapons prohibitive to get ahold of, but I see no reason why these couldn’t at least be exotics from special vendors or even better, craftable. I would take an extendable weapon that does less damage over a legendary that does more damage every day of the year.

Or…

Just make the dang hit boxes bigger! So simple.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

I’m new to Guardian, but IMO Line of Warding has to be instant and usable on the move. It happens so often that I want to use it but will end up not doing so, because of the cast time and root.

The second most annoying thing to me currently is the pulse rate of Symbol of Swiftness. I regularly walk across it and nothing happens because the Swiftness pulses are too far apart

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Teleport abilities get you stuck in objects
- Pretty obvious what’s wrong

Zeal and Radiance Trait lines are weak
- The traits in the Zeal and Radiance trait lines are very narrow and even then aren’t very good compared to Valor and Honor. Zeal focuses far too much on symbols with its minor traits. It’s grandmaster major traits are awful. You can get more benefit from adept traits in other lines than master traits in Zeal. Radiance is far too narrow. Unless you’re using one-handed weapons or multiple signets, there’s no benefit.
- Zeal should give more offensive power or have a mix of defense and offense. Consolidate some of the narrow traits dealing with single weapons or a subset of utility. Radiance needs an appealing trait in the master level for general use.

Frustrating to get the stat combination you want
- Almost every build I’ve seen or used goes heavily into Honor and Valor. However, for more offensive play, many traits and sigils benefit significantly from crit chance. Unfortunately, there is no good way to significantly boost precision from the currently available gear sets without sacrificing vitality or using condition damage or healing power, both of which aren’t all that good for most guardians.
- Another stat combination with precision as its primary stat that doesn’t include condition damage as a secondary would help address this. Or some of the sPvP stat combinations (most have vitality and toughness swapped compared to their PvE versions). Alternatively, re-work guardians to get more use from condition damage without a very specific build.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

I love the lists, especially the OP’s, but there’s really only one major glaring fault in the class design itself: no viable ranged attack. Due to orb speed and ground AE, the scepter is a melee weapon in disguise. It’s great for ranging things that can’t move, though.

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Lack of mobility the only thing big issue.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: SemiProStump.1084

SemiProStump.1084

Love the list and agree with all of them even if i haven’t encountered them all myself. The lack of scaling for some traits leaves much to be desired.
- Strength in numbers: +30 toughness to you and your allies

- 30 toughness is worthless once you are 80 in full exotics. Why waste and entire trait on providing such minimal protection.

- This trait should scale with lvl or with the guardians own toughness giving a % the guardians owns toughness to allies. Flat rate values become lack luster at max level.

What it should be is that the guardian gets either “+30 toughness for each ally in group” which is an extra 120 toughness or “+30% toughness when in a group” which would become OP and get nerfed. Short version: devs need to look at that ability. It has potential to be good but it’s useless at higher levels unless you stack it with a defense banner from a warrior. Well that’s my 2 copper on the discussion.

“The Pink Posse of WFD”
Guild: Waiting For Death
Server: Borlis Pass

in Guardian

Posted by: Thevoidiscold.4910

Thevoidiscold.4910

What annoys me the most is when I hit someone. And they dont blow up and rain blood and guts like purty rain.

Ariel Ostrovsky
Blackgate/Guardian
Ayy Lmao

in Guardian

Posted by: Slimshot.3251

Slimshot.3251

I have to agree with Apraxas.3685.

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

- Teleporting into a tent with flash blade and getting stuck between the sheets. :/

Oh my kittens, THIS. I had to exit an instance once because I’d done this to myself and couldn’t flash back out. Grrr.

Also, of related note, when you teleport to catch up to a running mob, and suddenly target a different mob…who’s surrounded by buddies. sigh

I agree with those who’ve said that Sword 2 needs a bit of a change.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anyone else not getting the swiftness buff from Symbol of Swiftness? I seem to miss it more and more lately. Don’t know if this is a bug or a delay with the client/server and me missing it before it registers?

yes, the momment when you and your team members need to pass over it again to gain the buff.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

My major gripe is the lack of consistency with “Hold the Line!” and Pure of Voice.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Guardians are in a pretty good place right now honestly. Certain things are annoying like lack of good ranged skills, mobility, sluggish feeling to certain skills, lackluster coefficients on healing power etc. but its not too bad.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: escobert.9024

escobert.9024

My only complaint is the lack of a good second weapon. I use my GS 95% of the time and really only pull my scepter out in WvW. and the only reason I use it is because it’s about the only option for ranged attacks. All of my triats are set up for GS so when I do switch to scepter it just lacks in every aspect besides being ranged.

Blippy Azure – Asura Guardian
Acquire [ACE]
For Aspenwood Has A Giant [HAMR]