[Guide/PVE] Guardian 101 - A Beginner's Text

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

It hasn’t been updated in a long long time, but it has stood the test of time pretty well ( a testament to Eveningstar’s approach and Anet’s lack of zeal in changing anything guardian related ).

It’s still packed full of useful information if you are just starting out, despite having a few minor inaccuracies.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: jayt.7502

jayt.7502

Great guide this made me go back and play my guardian again!

in Guardian

Posted by: graceness.3156

graceness.3156

And trim it. I doubt anyone would rather spend 30 minutes reading tiresome jokes about their class instead of just playing it.

Please don’t trim it. I opened the thread for info on Guardians, stayed for the wit. I don’t even care about playing anymore, I just wanna read fanfiction you write. I don’t even LIKE fanfiction.

In other words, bravo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hiro.1427

Hiro.1427

You have inspired me to play a Guardian
Cheers!

in Guardian

Posted by: sconnolly.4039

sconnolly.4039

Thanks for such a good, comprehensive, and entertaining guide. I’m new to GW and just rolled a guardian for my second toon. This guide will be extremely helpful, learned quite a lot on my first read. Thanks again!

in Guardian

Posted by: Shuffle.8932

Shuffle.8932

Jennah still doesnt love me….sob

in Guardian

Posted by: AudioCG.2674

AudioCG.2674

As a completely new player to GW2, this guide has been very informative, and easy to read/understand, great job.

in Guardian

Posted by: Slapnuts.5307

Slapnuts.5307

Hi, I am new to GW2 and was looking for info on traits. I was looking at some vids on you-tube about lvling the Guardian and they all say at lvl 11 I can get traits. I came here and read the same.
My issue is when I mouse over the trait lock it says unlocks at lvl 30. When I go to the trainer he has tons of books but none to unlock the traits as the guide/s have said.
I take it they have changed things and no one has updated things yet or I am just lost and doing things wrong.
Anyway, I am just looking for some answers, did they change things here?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Yup, unfortunately things have changed recently when the game was released to the Asian market.

This guide, although it still contains a lot of useful info, hasn’t seen an update in nearly 2 years.

There are 2 ways of unlocking traits. The first is by completing various objectives tied to in-game achievements and map completion. This is to encourage new players to explore all the game content and gain access to traits and skills as they progress through the game.

The second method allows you to spend gold and skill points to obtain trait manuals ( from Profession Trainers ). This allows veteren players who already have gold and amassed skill points to level their alts without needing to re-play the whole game. ( although it can be very frustrating if you like to level lots of characters )

Bookmark the wiki, because it can probably answer a lot of your questions and give you useful info about how to complete each zone while you are levelling:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait_guide

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Slapnuts.5307

Slapnuts.5307

Ah yes, the Wiki, i stumbled onto this about 5 minutes after my post and was able to find the answers i was looking for. It is always a nice thing when you find out they changed the rules and your not going crazy.
Thx for the reply.

in Guardian

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Thank you for putting up this guide! I recently got back into the game, and decided to roll a Guardian, and this guide has given me plenty of useful information on how to play the class!