Inner Fire trait and Zealot's Flame

in Guardian

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

C’mon, obviosly they must work together, but they don’t

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Well, game design-wise, it should really state, “You gain fury when you receive the burning condition”, Zealot’s Flame doesn’t actually give you the burning condition.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

I would love to see the trait changes to gain fury while within burning fields.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

It makes no sense why guardian has this particular trait, why is Guardian over other classes more likely to get hit with burning or for that matter why have any skill for any class that does this? It just makes no sense.

The obvious explanation is this was originally intended to proc when torch skill 4 was used, but some pvp balancing weener had a fit before release and demanded that it be nerfed. There was not time to create a new trait, so they just nerfed this one into oblivion.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I don’t think it was ever intended to be used with torch 4. It’s more of an issue of no other profession having this trait (yet).

I mean, I’d be pretty furious if someone set ME on fire.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

I don’t think it was ever intended to be used with torch 4. It’s more of an issue of no other profession having this trait (yet).

I mean, I’d be pretty furious if someone set ME on fire.

Unless you do it yourself, right ?

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

The obvious explanation is this was originally intended to proc when torch skill 4 was used, but some pvp balancing weener had a fit before release and demanded that it be nerfed. There was not time to create a new trait, so they just nerfed this one into oblivion.

Excellent, a combination of ignorance, prejudice and selfconfidence (ofc based on a bad self image regarding competence/knowledge) in the same sentence.

1. It has been there since beta.
2. It has never stated that it would work with torch, its the players biased interpretation.
3. Every feedback given on the trait since beta has also suggested that it should change and torch would be a suitable weapon for that change.
4. Blaming pvp for the nerf is just bad, if anything pvpers would like it controllable, controllable dps is a winner in pvp. The way the trait is now its not controllable.

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Excellent, a combination of ignorance, prejudice and selfconfidence (ofc based on a bad self image regarding competence/knowledge) in the same sentence.

Unfortunately, you are the one who is misinformed here while Jalad is spot on. Inner Fire used to proc with Torch #4 in the beta. Then they changed torch skills somehow and I guess made a decision that a Guardian should not get a reliable Fury source. Right now, that trait is a bit pointless IMHO.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

I played last Beta before BWE and ofc BWE and it didnt procc on torch. And as i said it says no were in the tooltip that it should procc on torch. That is an interpretation of the players.

That it used to procc isnt the same as it was intended, which the change of anet also clearly indicates.

My statement regarding “ignorance, prejudice and selfconfidence” wasnt regarding the torch but the stupid remark that this is brought upon him by pvpers when most testers in beta, bwe and after launch actually want it to procc on torch since controllability is key in pvp.
My remark was aimed at the blamegame.

With that said i would like it to procc on skill 4 on the torch but blaming other players for not proccing (the part i quoted) is in fact “ignorance, prejudice and selfconfidence”.

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Hey Brutaly,

weird, I was sure I remember it proccing of Zealot’s Flame in the BWEs… I might be wrong though. As for the rest of your post, thanks for explanation, makes sense to me!

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

I was only part of the very last part of beta and it didnt work with torch then and i missed one BWE but in the ones i was in, it didnt work with torch.

Sure it could have been working with torch before i entered beta and also during the BWE i didnt participate in.

There was a lot of posts in the beta forums regarding this trait and the urge for it to work with torch.