Need feedback on my builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I just want constructive feedback on what you believe I can do to improve my Guardian builds. They are both for PvE and WvW. If you like them you can of course use them, not that I can stop you anyway :P hehe thankyou in advance!

This first build is on my main, i use it mainly for dungeons. I am not currently using this latest version but I will be when it is ‘complete.’ Take a look, I think I did a very good job with this hybrid. Hell, my stats change dramatically depending on what weapon i am using, Greatsword for damage, hammer for tanky dps.
Gladiator Guard 1.5 <= DPS/Tank hybrid

This is the build I use on my other guard. Mainly for WvWvW. It is a support build as you can see. The idea behind it is to buff allies as much as possible while being able to absorb some damage. And to stack might like no tomorrow in order to make up for your lost DPS.
Blessed Guard 4.0 <= Support

The earlier iterations of the builds since I made this thread
Old Gladiator Guard 1.0
Old Blessed Guard 3.5 Build
A picture of my Guards is attached if you’re curious on how they look (^_^) The Human is my main.

Attachments:

(edited by Adam Of Awesome.7802)

in Guardian

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

As laid out I think the support build suffers a bit from not having a real focus in WvW. You have some shout traits but only one shout, a consecration trait but only one of those too and then some signets. They’re all fine skills, I just think it would behoove you to move towards something more focus on one subset of skills – almost definitely shouts for WvW if you want to support.

I also think you’re better running clerics than magi. You have a decent crit chance but so little crit damage to go with it running a traditional Healwayish build that power is going to scale better. HP looks good, but you could probably sacrifice some armor in there for some extra power if you want.

Just my thoughts, would be curious to hear yours.

Anno [GAF] – SBI

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

You have some shout traits but only one shout, a consecration trait but only one of those too and then some signets. They’re all fine skills, I just think it would behoove you to move towards something more focus on one subset of skills – almost definitely shouts for WvW if you want to support.

I also think you’re better running clerics than magi. You have a decent crit chance but so little crit damage

I wanted the build to be versatile for many situations your group could get into. But I suppose focusing on 1 way would yeild better results, I’ll try and spec it for shouts ty

I chose Magi for 2 reasons. Health and Crit chance. My idea is not to do crit damage at all, the crits help buff myself and allies. My crits give nearby allies might, and give me vigor. That crit might is just a bonus to my already good 100% uptime of 12 stacks of group might or gives my group some when I am not rocking staff.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

For pve you could achieve builds with like twice the damage of those so I recommend you try 10,30,0,5,25 for zerker gear for pve if you want to be useful

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

For pve you could achieve builds with like twice the damage of those so I recommend you try 10,30,0,5,25 for zerker gear for pve if you want to be useful

I am sorry elitist, but I am not trying to play glass cannon faceroll o’ fun.