So you nerfed DH already?! Wtf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

Uhm serious? You are already nerfing those things, which everyone complained about earlier because they were so bad and you agreed on buffing them?! Whats going on here? I could understand the Dragonmaw nerf, but Procession of Blades also?

Isnt that a bit impertinent? You recieved the greatest kittenstorm on DH when he came out and dont get me wrong, i dont want to be harsh, but that was justified. Now you are taking your also justified buffs back, nice policy.

Quick edit : I know that DH isnt bad now just because of this nerf, but that gives a deep insight…

(edited by Amaya.1483)

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Looks like the first batch of nerf balls are here, and we are on the list. The increase in trap cooldown pretty much negates the 20% CDR they added recently. No philosophy note included, so I guess it’s pretty much “shove it”. Bait n’ switch much? and Karl, i’m talking to you.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Because a chance to see real numbers in a larger field of players couldn’t possibly have shown Dragonhuunter was over-performing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

Its not that bad. A 4 second nerf with the trait isn’t that bad. Dragon’s Maw wasn’t a huge deal either. Renewed Focus was still better, so the nerf to Dragon’s Maw doesn’t really matter. The other two nerf weren’t so much nerfs as they were just fixing a mechanic that was broken and not working the way it was meant to. So, i wouldn’t exactly count those as nerfs personally. I will still play DH with these nerfs and still have fun doing it. The class is still a blast and personally, the Procession of Blades nerf kinda feels right to me. It makes setting up double layered traps easier as the difference between cooldowns on Procession and Test of Faith felt a bit too wide to consistently do it. Now it feels much closer together and easier to wait the extra four seconds or even use Procession to force an opponent into triggering your Test of Faith and taking damage from it. This wasn’t really possible before the nerf to Procession unless you held it for a few extra seconds.

in Guardian

Karma.3064

Its fine, stop complaining. The nerfs aren’t that bad, people are just over reacting to it. I play DH and don’t actually mind these nerfs. I only really count 2 as actual nerfs and the other 2 as fixing machanics that weren’t working the way they were meant to.

in Guardian

Amaya.1483

Game and Set, Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

Its not that bad. A 4 second nerf with the trait isn’t that bad. Dragon’s Maw wasn’t a huge deal either. Renewed Focus was still better, so the nerf to Dragon’s Maw doesn’t really matter. The other two nerf weren’t so much nerfs as they were just fixing a mechanic that was broken and not working the way it was meant to. So, i wouldn’t exactly count those as nerfs personally. I will still play DH with these nerfs and still have fun doing it. The class is still a blast and personally, the Procession of Blades nerf kinda feels right to me. It makes setting up double layered traps easier as the difference between cooldowns on Procession and Test of Faith felt a bit too wide to consistently do it. Now it feels much closer together and easier to wait the extra four seconds or even use Procession to force an opponent into triggering your Test of Faith and taking damage from it. This wasn’t really possible before the nerf to Procession unless you held it for a few extra seconds.

as u said, renewed focus is better than maw, so why does maw have to be nerfed? it isn’t really justified at all.

in Guardian

Karma.3064

as u said, renewed focus is better than maw, so why does maw have to be nerfed? it isn’t really justified at all.

I’d say its more about bringing it in line with the rest of the elite skills. 75 seconds is still a relatively low cooldown for an elite skill. I mean Renewed has a 90 second cool down. Dragon’s Maw is still our second lowest cool down with Feel My Wrath being the lowest.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

The base trap nerfs are reasonable; I don’t like it at all, but it’s okay.

What I am -not- behind is the nerf on Maw. It actually felt like a worthwhile skill to take here and there, now it’s back in contention with RF and we know who always wins.

in Guardian

Karma.3064

The base trap nerfs are reasonable; I don’t like it at all, but it’s okay.

What I am -not- behind is the nerf on Maw. It actually felt like a worthwhile skill to take here and there, now it’s back in contention with RF and we know who always wins.

I’d say even pre-nerf it was hard to take Maw over Renewed. Maw can be dodge by smart players if they react fast enough. Its also hard to ignore the ability to gain a second 4k heal off of a double use of Wing’s of Resolve let alone a double use of Shield of Courage in a ranged fight against a ranger.

in Guardian

Amaya.1483

Im having also really much fun with DH, i just cant stant that attitude

in Guardian

quaniesan.8497

Its fine, stop complaining. The nerfs aren’t that bad, people are just over reacting to it. I play DH and don’t actually mind these nerfs. I only really count 2 as actual nerfs and the other 2 as fixing machanics that weren’t working the way they were meant to.

“not that bad” is not the right attitude. Do you remember how hard we fought to get DH to get buffed from kitten to this current level. Just when we got something usable. You need to reflect on your way of thinking, I can tell you that it’s not healthy. You yield to them one step because “it’s not that bad”, they will take another small step and you will also go “it’s not that bad”, and they will take another step and people like you will also go “it’s not that bad”. Before you realize it, they are all over your head. Think once in a while, would you?

in Guardian

quaniesan.8497

“it’s not that bad” huh? here we go again. Just because you personally don’t feel much a difference, it doesn’t mean it’s a step downward, and when it’s trending down, it will go down from here.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

“it’s not that bad” huh? here we go again. Just because you personally don’t feel much a difference, it doesn’t mean it’s a step downward, and when it’s trending down, it will go down from here.

If we kept that attitude, Guardians would’ve been the worst class since Open Beta 1

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

If you want to waste time trying to defend over-tuned skills then go play ele. No-one “fought” for anything, we gave feedback and they slapped numbers on our skills that they are now fixing. And your slippery slope argument is severely lacking as they have never continuously nerfed a class.

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And shrieking “OMGNEURF!!!” in a vacuum isn’t the right attitude either. Enjoy a day or two of having been over powered and getting some cheap wins. Dragonhunter trap spam is incredibly effective. Stretching out the cooldowns instead of reducing the boons that we get with them triggering is a pretty gentle way of tuning them down a bit. And if they’re STILL over powered they’ll get trimmed again. If the numbers look good they’ll stay as they are now.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

And shrieking “OMGNEURF!!!” in a vacuum isn’t the right attitude either. Enjoy a day or two of having been over powered and getting some cheap wins. Dragonhunter trap spam is incredibly effective. Stretching out the cooldowns instead of reducing the boons that we get with them triggering is a pretty gentle way of tuning them down a bit. And if they’re STILL over powered they’ll get trimmed again. If the numbers look good they’ll stay as they are now.

I’m not too miffed that the recast timers were increased, but I completely DISAGREE that the traps are overpowered.

Case in point, I’ve had Reapers just waltz through a fully stacked trap area while in my symbol and with my aegis up and in berserker gear with a follow up trueshot, and it still didnt break through a full shroud on a tanky minion master reaper.

Mind you, this is literally as glass cannony as I can possibly make the PvP build for absolute maximum damage, and I STILL had a reaper who autoed down my Treb in Stronghold completing ingoring me.

Can I blow up squishy foes? Absolutely, but its not as though a full, all-in Trapper berserker is going to handle the incoming wave of incredibly durable bruiser Scrappers and Reapers, and Heralds have a built in counter with their heal if they are smart enough to use it or fast enough to react.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

If you want to waste time trying to defend over-tuned skills then go play ele. No-one “fought” for anything, we gave feedback and they slapped numbers on our skills that they are now fixing. And your slippery slope argument is severely lacking as they have never continuously nerfed a class.

^This. After playing against dragonhunters with traps more, I can confidently say traps are overtuned and the nerfs are deserved. Either way, the nerfs aren’t all that significant. Cooldown and duration nerfs don’t matter much when you get stunlocked and 100-0’d by some traps.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

“Stop having that attitude, who cares about balance. ;_;”

in Guardian

Posted by: Thorin.9624

Thorin.9624

Guess you haven’t played Thief class since launch huh?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I knew it, we are going to the good spot again

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

so we are in a good spot again?

in Guardian

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I’ve been playing DH a lot since the new patch landed and the tuning down is most definitely needed. The nerfs aren’t actually that bad and I’m lad they are taking the approach of just tonight down, instead of outright heavy handed nerfs.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Guardian

Karma.3064

“not that bad” is not the right attitude. Do you remember how hard we fought to get DH to get buffed from kitten to this current level. Just when we got something usable. You need to reflect on your way of thinking, I can tell you that it’s not healthy. You yield to them one step because “it’s not that bad”, they will take another small step and you will also go “it’s not that bad”, and they will take another step and people like you will also go “it’s not that bad”. Before you realize it, they are all over your head. Think once in a while, would you?

Its a fine attitude as long as they don’t go crazy with the nerfs. Bringing the class itself in line with the rest of the classes is a perfectly fine way to go about changing a class. In no way should a trap have been able to down someone for simply sticking their toe in it. That was just overkill and a oversight on their part. Test of Faith needed the internal cool down added in. Fragments of Faith shouldn’t be able to ignore the cooldown on aegis either. That was another mechanic that was overlooked and became broken ((as in not functioning the correct way.)) that again was a needed change. The cool downs are arguable as to weather or not they were needed. However, they weren’t such a heavy handed nerf that it kills the class or anything. As long as this is the extent of the nerfs, this should be perfectly fine and people shouldn’t be blowing up over it like they are.

I’m not going to defend a-net for every little nerf they do to the class. However, if this is what they do to bring it down a peg or two to get it into line with the rest of the classes, then its really not a big deal. At least they aren’t tacking 10 to 20 seconds on each traps cool down. Then i’d be ticked off too.

in Guardian

Posted by: ebslike.1852

ebslike.1852

The nerf is definitely called for in my opinion, traps are very strong and with the low cooldown they are almost always available when you need them (and they still will be). I don’t really get why people are complaining, (burst)damage is not going down. Obviously DPS is going down a little bit, but we are not reliant on traps for DPS.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I feel that test of faith and Dragon Maw went well over the top i can live the the procession of blades but the first two are not okay.

test of faith has now a shorter lifespan and an internal CD?? Is that per target or for all targets? If the latter it seriously got shafted. making se of the trap was one of the funnest things ever. push, pull in and out 3-5 times was awsome and took a lot of skills and CDs.

Seeing arkens video this nerf is even more unjustified.

Dragons Maw is as many pointed out not that great of a trap. it is a situational trap as well so I feel 60secs was plenty

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

The nerf is definitely called for in my opinion, traps are very strong and with the low cooldown they are almost always available when you need them (and they still will be). I don’t really get why people are complaining, (burst)damage is not going down. Obviously DPS is going down a little bit, but we are not reliant on traps for DPS.

of course it is. we lost a two second window to make use of the trap in addition to the ICD this is a pretty heavy hit in actual gameplay.

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

its not that bad of a nerf but they should at least buff dragons maw’s damage 10-20% if they are gonna nerf the CD that much

in Guardian

Karma.3064

I feel that test of faith and Dragon Maw went well over the top i can live the the procession of blades but the first two are not okay.

test of faith has now a shorter lifespan and an internal CD?? Is that per target or for all targets? If the latter it seriously got shafted. making se of the trap was one of the funnest things ever. push, pull in and out 3-5 times was awsome and took a lot of skills and CDs.

Seeing arkens video this nerf is even more unjustified.

Dragons Maw is as many pointed out not that great of a trap. it is a situational trap as well so I feel 60secs was plenty

Test of Faith’s nerf is perfectly justified when it would instantly triple tick when someone walked into it. It needed an internal interval to the damage it did. It should have never ticked multiple times at once for 4k each tick. That was just crazy and unintentional.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

well this nerf on Maw means i can take my time to get my last 25pts to max my DH trait line. I wouldnt use it even if i had it. I like renewed focus and feel my wrath better anyway.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

While I don’t mind this batch of changes, as someone who has no interest in PvP, I hope traps don’t get totally nerfed into the ground because “e-sports”. Still though, as everyone says, they sure want us to just stick with Renewed Focus, don’t they?

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Haha balance team has no clue what is balancing

Guess its time to go back do meditation DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

it was nerfed for PvP, and in all fairness, you dragon hunters didn’t know trapper runes would wnd up in pvp when you thought DH was kitten. Trapper Runes are a big part of what makes it strong

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

it was nerfed for PvP, and in all fairness, you dragon hunters didn’t know trapper runes would wnd up in pvp when you thought DH was kitten. Trapper Runes are a big part of what makes it strong

Not really. I much prefer pack runes over trapper runes. I actually feel i do way better with pack runes.

DH was crap pre BWE3 feedback regardless if we had known about trapper runes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Personally I think they should have just moved some of the physical damage into bleeds.

That would prevent the burst from being too high, negated the need for CD increases/duration decreases & made traps better for a wider variety of gear types.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Forget the bleeds. I’m content with the high burst from traps. I just want them to leave them alone now.

in Guardian

Posted by: anking.6245

anking.6245

The Trapper runes nerf really rustled my jimmies.

It’s not a direct nerf, but it really hampers my WvW build. Roaming trapper guard was a ton of fun when it was 3 second invis, and now it’s even less viable.

in Guardian

Posted by: ebslike.1852

ebslike.1852

Haha balance team has no clue what is balancing

Guess its time to go back do meditation DH.

Why would you run a full meditation or full trap DH? The middle road is way stronger regardless of the nerf.

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’m kind of kittened because of how they are nerfing around pvp… again. I used to play PvP a lot, but got bored with it and the lack of change/content added. I can get the ICD add, and maw wasn’t useful in pve because of the defiance bar and because FMW and RF are so much better elites. But nerfing proc of blades? It’s the only skill worth taking in pve, and you had to sacrifice Bane Signet or Wall of Reflection/SYF for it. Now it’s questionably worth taking. You really need the multiple hits mainly for proc’ing VoJ’s passive crip and burn for dmg modifiers. By nerfing that in what is a small way in PvP, you really gut the skill in PvE.

Way to go bad PvP players complaining and getting Guardian nerfed back to “in a good spot” since we know they are never going to buff us.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80