WvW [Video] Burst Gaurdian roaming

in Guardian

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Hey guys. I made my first roaming video over 3 days of recording. Feel free to give me feedback on video making or my gameplay

I edited this with Windows Movie Maker but I plan to use Vegas for future videos.

Rememeber to watch in 720p!

http://youtu.be/86VL3PdcS2M

UPDATE: video 2

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

(edited by ninjambo.3784)

in Guardian

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

Wow! Can you share what armor/build you are in? You are basically running the what I want to aspire to.

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

I use the same build in tPvP, its really viable for everything. As some of those clips show I can zerg dive too with this as well as win 1v1s

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

nice video, enjoyable to watch

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

thanks

15characters

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

You really just use Invader’s Chain? That’s really impressive, man. Thanks for the build.

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

yeah, although with the upcoming nerf to crit damage, im thinking about going with another set for my trinkets. If they make celestial still decent, then im probably gonna move to celestial trinkets.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Ahhhhh, what the heck is up with this video? All the interesting bits are just completely fast forwarded, and then it occasionally cuts to incredibly long, over-hyped slow motion. I can understand fast forwarding through the boring parts, but not the actual fighting… unless the fighting was just boring, which it doesn’t look like it always was.

Although if it was just because you had to limit the length of the video, then that’s understandable.

It also seems to be some fairly blurry 720p, but w/e.

At any rate, how do you think this build would function with torch instead of focus? I’ve been looking to try out a meditation build, but just can’t ever get it in a place where I like it.

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

Thanks for the feedback. The quality is something I still have to figure out, I dont know how to get it to be 1080p or anything like that. I also fasted forward the fights because some of them would just be really long (like half the video length) if they werent.

Speaking from personal experience, I was watching other montages and found myself losing interest in the WvW ones because I would spend 3-4 minutes watching a 1v2 or something like that. I decided to try something different and see how it works out

P.S. I used to use torch but the number 5 is almost useless and the number 4 has too long of a cooldown for its damage (its like 15-20 second cooldown from a 4-6k crit) which isnt worth trading off for the 3 blocks/burst and the blind/regen/condi removal from the focus

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Thanks for the feedback. The quality is something I still have to figure out, I dont know how to get it to be 1080p or anything like that. I also fasted forward the fights because some of them would just be really long (like half the video length) if they werent.

Speaking from personal experience, I was watching other montages and found myself losing interest in the WvW ones because I would spend 3-4 minutes watching a 1v2 or something like that. I decided to try something different and see how it works out

P.S. I used to use torch but the number 5 is almost useless and the number 4 has too long of a cooldown for its damage (its like 15-20 second cooldown from a 4-6k crit) which isnt worth trading off for the 3 blocks/burst and the blind/regen/condi removal from the focus

Ah, that’s cool. I feel torch is pretty unloved for the most part. Those blocks on the focus are really nice though, plus you get a blast finisher.

Do you think you might use litany of wrath if it had an instant cast time?

in Guardian

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

This is a good build. I use the same setup, but with higher toughness and a bit less hp (13.5k yikes). I just have to micromanage a lot and it’s pretty solid.

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

I dont think so Yams, the 2 second block from shelter is a big part of my setup. Just watch the first clip in the video to see why.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Guardian

ninjambo.3784

Stawker / Lord Stawk

(edited by ninjambo.3784)