7. halberd

**1 ability of the 3 slots could fire single target heal arrows
***;\

(edited by wolfie.7296)

best new weapons for guardian, y/n?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

1 and 2 for sure! No thanks for heal shots and the other weapons (but that’s just me).

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Off-hand sword : Guardian need a offensive off-hand weapons, that would be a nice way to bring us that.
2) Longbow: We have sceptre for good range dps and Staff for utilities and short range AoE. Longbow could be a mix of both. Like 1000 range weapon with some utilities like condi clearing and burning. Something like that. Probably a PvP weapon.
3) 1 Hand spear : I see a melee weapon with higher range than normal with 1 CC (push back). Use it with shield and you could have annoying melee guardian, perfect for node protection?
4) 2 handed weapons : We already have GS for burst damage while hammer and sword have good AA chain. What about an hybrid that could better dps than any of those three weapons alone, but lower dps than a mix of GS + S/F or GS + H. That would make a great weapons for casual player that need a range weapons or to replace the GS as a general purpose damage weapons in WvW (Less burst than GS, but higher constant dps).
5) Whip : Eh really not sure i want that on my guardian lol.
6) Mainhand shield : Boring.
7) Halberd : Too much like a spear for me. Its pretty much a 2 handed spear. I don’t see what it gameplay it could fit honestly.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

dual shield guardian ftw? Seriously, though, where would you keep the primary shield? I do like the idea of having bow as an option, and think it would fit nicely since we have the spirit weapon bow. It could even fill a similar role, with condition removal secondary abilities. Personally, I’d love to just see the spear become a terrestrial weapon option (or some sort of javelin, so that they could avoid terrestrial/aquatic overlap) — i miss that from the paragon class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Halberd I think is a very fitting weapon for Guardian, but I do agree with Thaddeus, how would you fit it in? what would it bring? Same goes for 2h axe. While both are things that I think would be awesome to have, what would they offer that we don’t already have from GS/Hammer? Possibly condition though??!?! I’m sure some would love a bleed auto attack, and stuff like that

Offhand sword is great, Torch is what I think was supposed to be the offensive option for our offhand, but it’s just.. /meh. Offhand sword could be great. options could be a block like mesmer/warrior. Or a CC move of some kind. Or maybe a finishing attack, something that does increased damage when the target is below certain health levels.

Whip is a punishing tool, I’m a guard, that simply doesn’t seem to fit. I’m supposed to use my weapons to defend, not to torment. That’s just me though /shrug.

in Guardian

Posted by: teriyakininja.4698

teriyakininja.4698

I would like to have spears…One handed, or two handed.

I like the spears underwater with the auto-attack as a semi-ranged throwing (I would prefer non-throwing spears) and 2 and 3 being a rapid attack and a blinding attack. Bring that to land and it will fit fine, imo.

Bring that to land!!!! :/

I cannot agree with bows though — they just don’t fit the Guardian paradigm. And we already have scepters and staffs for decent ranged damage.

Off-hand sword would be good too. Somewhat like Mesmers or Warrior off-hand swords.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d love longbows, and spears would be nice too.
I think the longbow could be a long-ranged damage/healing weapon with low bases for both, but high ratios so that it’s generally only one or the other (as in, primarily a damage weapon or primarily a healing/support weapon). Alternatively the longbow could just be a pure damage weapon, and an on-land trident could take over the long-ranged support part.

in Guardian

Posted by: CarloMiranda.6931

CarloMiranda.6931

longbow please.

}———>

in Guardian

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

I think of those, longbow is most likely as it currently only has two users.

in Guardian

Posted by: Scott Cindershot.9817

Scott Cindershot.9817

I kinda like the main-hand shield idea…
The skills could be like..

1 (Chain):
Bash: Hit your foe with your shield.
Jab: Jab your foe with the rim of your shield.
Absolving Charge: Charge forward at your foe and cause burning. (2 sec. burning)

2:
Paladin’s Defence: Block next incoming attack and cause blindness. (7 sec. cooldown; 6 sec. blindness)

3:
Defender’s Smite: Smite the area around you with you shield and cause burning and knockdown. (20 sec. cooldown; 4 sec. burning; 2 sec. knockdown)

in Guardian

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Um… I’d like to see Guardian’s using a Flail.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I want Longbow please… so I can use Aether

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

Glaive/Guan Dao?

Haven’t been able to find a movie with better guan dao action yet :<

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Offhand sword would make me very happy. It would be sick if the 1 animation then involved using both too

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

1h sword offhand for sure. A purely offensive offhand.

Warrior has longbow, let’s take shortbow. Use it as a mid-range weapon with high fire rate, but also as a boon/cleanse machine. Maybe have #5 fire a fiery arrow that hits an area dealing mediocre damage, but adds 5s to all ally boons and is a fire field.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

Halberd sounds nice. The Guardian could use it like the Mesmer uses a GS, as ranged or hybrid ranged and melee weapon. So a Bow camouflaged as Halberd^^