[2014 Mesmer] Final PVE Build HELP

in Mesmer

Posted by: DreamWeaver.3145

DreamWeaver.3145

Hello, i am lookin for some final pve build mainly for dungeons/bosses. Which is viable at 2014? There’s lot of threads about GS/S-S builds and mix of traits. Which one should be choosen? I had a year break and i cannot decide. Too many of them right now. I am lookin for some core help with:

Gear (Berzerker/Assasin?)
+Runes(Divinity/Centaur?)
Weapon(GS/S-F?)
Traits(10/0/30/30/0?)
Skills(Support set/Pure dps/cooldown set?)
Others important things

(Also some tips how to play efficienty with phantasm build with some roaming and little mobs)

All advices from experienced players would be MUCH appriciated.

(edited by DreamWeaver.3145)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Trait setup is off, so is weapon choice and runes. Balancing patch dead ahead, no need to make a “final” PvE build now.

Go with one of the dungeon guides, all melee, all zerker, all damage.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

That’s why i am asking for some the most viable build these days. Some little advice would help with In-Depth build

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Check out this site, which has updated guides for dungeons and meta builds for all professions. http://gw2dungeons.net/.

The current mesmer build you’ll see is 10/30/0/20/15 with sw/sw-sw/f (or pistol if reflects aren’t needed).

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

Thanks and why’s that? No GS anymore?

Edited: and still there’s no word about gear/accesories/runes/sigils

P.S my mistake didnt saw the card*

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Thanks and why’s that? No GS anymore?

GS is definitely not considered meta for dungeons and hasn’t been for awhile. There are specific cases where GS is preferable, so you should always carry one with you to switch to if needed (goes for all weapons). In PvE open world GS is one of the best.

Lately I’ve been running a somewhat meta friendly flex build in all PvE content. It’s 20/10/0/25/15 using the common sw-sw/sw-f for dungeons and then for PvE open world I switch sw-sw to GS.

In dungeons I trait signets (using ether and inspiration), allowing me to maximize phantasm uptime while also refreshing party boons more frequently. In PvE open world I trait GS instead of signets. Gear is full zerker. It works really well.

For runes/sigils the link I provided should give some ideas.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

Skcamow i understand gear at PVE open world / PVE dungeons doesnt changed?

Site u’ve liked it’s already helpful one, do u got same build for PVE open world?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Check out this site, which has updated guides for dungeons and meta builds for all professions. http://gw2dungeons.net/.

The current mesmer build you’ll see is 10/30/0/20/15 with sw/sw-sw/f (or pistol if reflects aren’t needed).

Where do you get 75 traitpoints, I want them too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

10/30/0/20/10

OR

0/30/0/25/15

OR (low/no reflect instances)

30/30/0/0/10

sw/sw + sw/f

can swap out sw/f for sw/p for no reflect fights but … not a massive deal if you don’t.

berserker gear + scholar runes unless soloing or in a pug where you don’t feel you can rely on them for fury, in which case full assassin + scholar is good.

skills you always swap out depending on the situation. for example, feedback is godly for lupicus but terrible on the crystalline entities in arah.

Sigils, you’ll want either force/night, force/accuracy, force/slaying, night/slaying. Force/accuracy is probably the best catch-all since mesmers are pretty low on precision and it’s crucial that you hit higher crit chances.

GS isn’t used because it deals about half the DPS of main hand sword, has zero utility and a phantasm that is completely outclassed by swordsman in terms of DPS, and warden in terms of utility.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Where do you get 75 traitpoints, I want them too.

haha, yeah I can’t read the site I linked. Should be 10/30/0/20/10.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

10/30/0/20/10

OR

0/30/0/25/15

OR (low/no reflect instances)

30/30/0/0/10

sw/sw + sw/f

can swap out sw/f for sw/p for no reflect fights but … not a massive deal if you don’t.

berserker gear + scholar runes unless soloing or in a pug where you don’t feel you can rely on them for fury, in which case full assassin + scholar is good.

skills you always swap out depending on the situation. for example, feedback is godly for lupicus but terrible on the crystalline entities in arah.

Sigils, you’ll want either force/night, force/accuracy, force/slaying, night/slaying. Force/accuracy is probably the best catch-all since mesmers are pretty low on precision and it’s crucial that you hit higher crit chances.

GS isn’t used because it deals about half the DPS of main hand sword, has zero utility and a phantasm that is completely outclassed by swordsman in terms of DPS, and warden in terms of utility.

I know all depends on situation but nobody going to change his traits his traits 15 times per day :P what’s most optimal choice from all these build u suggested? Most optimal for open world + some dungeons? What’s recomendation

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Skcamow i understand gear at PVE open world / PVE dungeons doesnt changed?

Site u’ve liked it’s already helpful one, do u got same build for PVE open world?

You can use the build linked on that site for open world just fine – just add a GS, or look at my flex build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

There are some situations like in SE p1 where you can change the trait for lower cd on pistols without paying to retrait.

In this situation, for max DPS, you might want to go for Sw/P + Sw/Sw. The reason for this is the iDuelist could die too often from the AoE.

So if your pistol phantasm survives longer more reliably, you’d end up with more DPS.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

There are some situations like in SE p1 where you can change the trait for lower cd on pistols without paying to retrait.

In this situation, for max DPS, you might want to go for Sw/P + Sw/Sw. The reason for this is the iDuelist could die too often from the AoE.

So if your pistol phantasm survives longer more reliably, you’d end up with more DPS.

1) Please no shortcuts :P i had 1 year break I wonder do 5% DMG Sigils stack on dual-wieled weapons? I mean 2x 5%dmg = 10% dmg?

2) What’s the diffrence between skill Empowered Illusions (Illusions deal 15% more dmg) and Phantasmal Strenght (Phantasms deal 15% more dmg). Are illusions treat like illusions + phantasms?

3) http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQRAsd8cl4zqqnSTkGaNJxJFMf5oKgdSFUdpH8G3yG-jACBYfDim8DkIAmKIQZmFRjt4qIas6aYKXER1BBMK-e

Relaying on build above isnt better to go 10/25/0/25/10 taking off Blade Trading and adding Phantasmal Strenght??

in Mesmer

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I know all depends on situation but nobody going to change his traits his traits 15 times per day :P what’s most optimal choice from all these build u suggested? Most optimal for open world + some dungeons? What’s recomendation

Utilities, not traits. Going 10/30/0/20/10 and then III – II/IV/XI – II/VIII – III can cover you for basically every piece of PvE in the game. However you can’t just sit with something like blink, feedback and null field on your bar for every single piece of content. There is content where all three of them are just complete blanks and you’d want mantras, or phantasmal disenchanter, or … anything besides the three I mentioned.

and I actually slot in and out traits depending on the situation. If I go in to a fight with no mantras I may be able to swap empowering mantras for duelist’s discipline, or against Brie I can swap out a phantasm damage modifier trait for a shatter trait, or for Arah skips I take far reaching manipulations for a 1200 range blink. For fractals on warrior I’ll swap slashing power for axe mastery and forceful greatsword for rending strikes for trash mobs and then for easy bosses I bring back in slashing power and forceful greatsword. It depends how much you want to optimise – being at the peak of my efficiency is important to me so I switch traits, weapons and utilities around while auto running and have obscure slaying potions like outlaw slaying even though the only CM path I run is CM p3.

The only situation you would even need to do that is on Tazza (I’m not aware if she has any reflectable attacks). For literally every other fight you need reflects (golem #1, nokk, triple golem) so that means you’re going sw/f and then sw/sw is your next highest DPS phantasm, so pistol isn’t even considered.

1) Please no shortcuts :P i had 1 year break I wonder do 5% DMG Sigils stack on dual-wieled weapons? I mean 2x 5%dmg = 10% dmg?

No. Hence why I said night/force, force/slaying, night/slaying or force/accuracy on your main hand and off hand.

2) What’s the diffrence between skill Empowered Illusions (Illusions deal 15% more dmg) and Phantasmal Strenght (Phantasms deal 15% more dmg). Are illusions treat like illusions + phantasms?

They do exactly the same thing for all intents and purposes.

Relaying on build above isnt better to go 10/25/0/25/10 taking off Blade Trading and adding Phantasmal Strenght??

You lose empowering mantras which is one of the few damage modifiers a mesmer has. Mesmer practical DPS is quite low in the first place so it’s best to not shoot yourself in the foot giving up the modifier. Some people will say it isn’t a big deal, but basically nobody serious about dungeons would ever suggest a mesmer not sticking 30 in dueling.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

So making clue of this post:

for semi-optimal build on PVE open world we go:

10/30/0/20/10 + GS + Sw/F

for PVE dungeons changing to Sw/Sw + Sw/F

Gear : Berzerker + Scholar
Sigils: night/force, force/slaying, night/slaying or force/accuracy

Skills: depend on situations but mainly 2x mantras for more DMG

Correct me if i made any mistake if not topic can be closed

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

That’s a nice summary. All correct.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So making clue of this post:

for semi-optimal build on PVE open world we go:

10/30/0/20/10 + GS + Sw/F

for PVE dungeons changing to Sw/Sw + Sw/F

Gear : Berzerker + Scholar
Sigils: night/force, force/slaying, night/slaying or force/accuracy

Skills: depend on situations but mainly 2x mantras for more DMG

Correct me if i made any mistake if not topic can be closed

I’d actually recommend then 0/30/0/25/15 instead of 10/30/0/20/10. The only benefit the 10 in domination gives you is 100 power, which is marginally useful compared to the 20% cooldowns on every illusion skill that 15 in illusions gives. The 10/30/0/20/10 build has its place, but for a general purpose build you’ll want 0/30/0/25/15.

in Mesmer

DreamWeaver.3145

the last question is which slot should have asceded accesories? off/def/ulitilty?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

the last question is which slot should have asceded accesories? off/def/ulitilty?

Utility is only available for the amulet slot, and I’d recommend you to get it for that.

For the other slots, you can only have one of each type. This means you’ll have 1 off ring, 1 def ring, 1 off accessory, and 1 def accessory.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Darn, I don’t have enough swords for this build. And I haven’t really carried alt weapons for a while now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Darn, I don’t have enough swords for this build. And I haven’t really carried alt weapons for a while now.

You might already realise this, but a Sword/Focus + Sword/Sword build only requires you to have two swords, not three.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Define “final”. Honest question, I got no clue what you mean by it. :S

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

You might already realise this, but a Sword/Focus + Sword/Sword build only requires you to have two swords, not three.

Yea, but my other sword was a Toy Sword that was MF before the change. So I have this Inquest MH sword and this wooden toy sword OH.