8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

ArenaNet,

I hate having to choose between Phantasmal Force and Malicious Sorcery. Please move something so we can have both!

<3
~Wand users

Funny. I actually came here to complain that all 3 GM traits in Illusion (a largely condition trait line) are going to be useless for Mirages (a condition spec).

MS is scepter-only, MoF doesn’t really add anything to shatter that condi specs want, and the new phantasmal force trait only boosts direct damage of phantasms rather than the conditions granted by torch/pistol phantasms (and, honestly, is pretty bad even for power specs outside of raids). If you use any scepter build I have no idea why you’d care.

With ineptitude moved/nerfed, it would be nice to see MS get the same treatment as a few other traits and grant, say, half its current attack speed boost regardless of weapon equipped.

(edited by alia.8349)

8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Mantras are never going to be good if charging them is a mechanic their power is based on instead of just an optional way to refill them when empty. Losing the ability to dodge or attack for such a long time just isn’t worth it, especially if you’re bringing several.

Why not just have recharging a Mantra lock down your 6-10 skill usage (or maybe 7-10h) while a recharge animation plays? It gives the feeling that you’re focusing on charging it, allows for some counterplay, but allows you to still attack, dodge, and shatter.

They’re making Mantras strong for the Mirage, who can use skills in their evading Mirage Cloak.

8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I do find it pretty funny that after all the times people said that Mesmer can’t have more damage because of Chrono’s support spec that all the new damage traits were added to base Mesmer instead of Mirage.

8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gwydeon.3580

Gwydeon.3580

<snip>

Funny. I actually came here to complain that all 3 GM traits in Illusion (a largely condition trait line) are going to be useless for Mirages (a condition spec).

MS is scepter-only, MoF doesn’t really add anything to shatter that condi specs want, and the new phantasmal force trait only boosts direct damage of phantasms rather than the conditions granted by torch/pistol phantasms (and, honestly, is pretty bad even for power specs outside of raids). If you use any scepter build I have no idea why you’d care.

With ineptitude moved/nerfed, it would be nice to see MS get the same treatment as a few other traits and grant, say, half its current attack speed boost regardless of weapon equipped.

Do you hold pvp/wvw up against this raiding? The three phantoms up with wand/pistol or GS is pretty good sustained DPS to my experience. Its not raid level maxed out damage but from what I hear we’re just buff-bots. If we’re talking PVE, I’m petty sure most 80+masteries can complete any non-raid content naked.

I try to make the most of my phantoms and like wand/pistol for general usage. I am just disheartened that this new buff isn’t for my use unless I switch over to GS or sword.

(edited by Gwydeon.3580)

8/8/2017 Mesmer Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I do find it pretty funny that after all the times people said that Mesmer can’t have more damage because of Chrono’s support spec that all the new damage traits were added to base Mesmer instead of Mirage.

You lose quite abit of support of you dont take domi illusions or inspiration.