All Mirage Skills and Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

That sounds a bit… lame? Kind of like the GS equivalent of the cast effect of iWarlock shooting out secondary winds of chaos. Was hoping for an overcharged laser beam of death.

I wonder if MH sword might have a ranged ambush? Thinking about practicalities of clones needing to run to their target for melee, and also given Axe has a ranged ambush with those phantasmal axes it would make sense for Sword’s ambush to be ranged. I just hope it’s good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

That sounds a bit… lame? Kind of like the GS equivalent of the cast effect of iWarlock shooting out secondary winds of chaos. Was hoping for an overcharged laser beam of death.

I wonder if MH sword might have a ranged ambush? Thinking about practicalities of clones needing to run to their target for melee, and also given Axe has a ranged ambush with those phantasmal axes it would make sense for Sword’s ambush to be ranged. I just hope it’s good.

you guys might have skipped that 1.5 cast time . It is worse than gs aa at max range lol
that is really a joke

at this point , i wont expect anything better than scepter ambush . and tbh , i think if there is anything better , WP would show us in his stream already , given how lame his “mirage over tuned ” is

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Split_Surge

someone got GS ambush. It’s better than the Auto by a bit but if clones do some similar damage this would be good.

It looks like what GS normal auto attack should be and still rather weak.

Clones will do about 30 damage with that because they still do normal clone damage with the scepter ambush.

And still, power dmg of scepter ambush is like 2x of gs ambush… A pure power weapon… Go figure…. ( not even mentioning the little blink backwards and condi application)

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

“mirage over tuned ”

Dude, 600 damage unloads.

OP pls nerf every single mirage and mesmer trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Any chance of it being fake?

It looks very… unoriginal. And it looks very weak as well. It’s an AoE I guess but still.
If they buff it so it’s actually a strong AoE ability then i’m fine with it. But either way i’d expect something more original from Anet.

I guess seeing lots of lasers going everywhere (3 from you & each clone… 12 lasers) sound kinda cool actually.

I hope at least sword will have something more unique though. I’m imagining something like guard sword 3 would be interesting. But who knows.

(edited by glenndevis.8327)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Kinda late here but I’m gonna land it anyway: Are we forced to run Condi gear to play Mirage or it also works with Power?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

[&Bq6wAAA=] <Mirage Thrust, sword Ambush. Pretty weak in terms of damage but has daze as a utility :/

Tis is sad truly. (at least it has a leap!… yeah)

Mirage DPS HYPE

(edited by Refia Montes.3205)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Kinda late here but I’m gonna land it anyway: Are we forced to run Condi gear to play Mirage or it also works with Power?

Condi, no traits to help power damage, looks like GS ambush attack is terrible so I wouldn’t have high hopes for sword, axe isn’t even hybrid just pure condi, 1 utility does decent power damage but ultimatly the elite spec is about spamming confusion and torment.

Edit: Holy kitten the sword attack does less damage then our kitten auto attacks, this is just offensive at this point.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Honestly I wouldn’t panic yet. They might change & balance things by the time the expansion comes out.

I think he GS & Sword ambushes NEED to be fairly strong to give power builds the option to pick Mirage (even if its not THE best build it should be ok) or maybe hybrid builds that can take advantage of it.

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

Anyone wanna get on a petition to make Mirage power viable?! Let’s do it after testing on beta weekend!

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Sword ambush + confounding suggestions could be pretty evil though.

Edit: Would Split Surge work with Imagined Burden? If it does, that would be 3x 2 seconds of cripple per clone.

(edited by Takashiro.8701)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

(edited by Tseison.4659)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

I have to admit, Mirage Thrust looks good to me. Having an interrupt on short cooldown seems really potent for Mesmer. Further, it is an additional gap closer, which can be more or less used on demand. I do like this..

in Mesmer

musu.9205

its like trading off your huge defensive tool to a bit more bonus stuff ,this is at max a DE trait , this is nowhere close to DD dodge lol not on bar with defensive effect not on bar with offensive effect

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Anyone wanna get on a petition to make Mirage power viable?! Let’s do it after testing on beta weekend!

They would have to redo trait line and weapon skills. It is not going to happen.

The furture of Mesmer is going to be hoping that the other classes elite specs don’t replace chrono support in raids. Exciting stuff, definitely worth buying a new expansion full of non raid content for.

in Mesmer

Zarathustra.1458

its like trading off your huge defensive tool to a bit more bonus stuff ,this is at max a DE trait , this is nowhere close to DD dodge lol not on bar with defensive effect not on bar with offensive effect

But it does fit with what is in effect the mentality of an interrupt mesmer, that to stop the enemies attack with an interrupt is your defense…

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Not a fan of the sword ambush either. both GS & Sword ambushes should be damage bursts.
And having you & 3 clones using the sword ambush won’t do much since they’ll attack at the same time anyway, what’s the point of having 3 illusions have a daze at the same time?

in Mesmer

musu.9205

But it does fit with what is in effect the mentality of an interrupt mesmer, that to stop the enemies attack with an interrupt is your defense…

i agree , if only spellbreaker is mes elite spec .but well
i think the usefulness of sword ambush is depending how many mirage cloak we could get without dodge on a pvp build ,and how easy we could trigger mirage mirror (no footage shows how far away the mirror from skill use will be ,some skill will leave mirror on target location which is not that good already )
i will be honest , those skills can be super awesome if anet could get things above done right . but after many balance patches , i simply dont have that much faith .

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

They would have to redo trait line and weapon skills. It is not going to happen.

The furture of Mesmer is going to be hoping that the other classes elite specs don’t replace chrono support in raids. Exciting stuff, definitely worth buying a new expansion full of non raid content for.

Not the whole traitline but some parts of it. I wish it should have been top=power, middle=defensive, bottom=condis.

Weapon skills would be easy to play around as it only needs values. For example the sword ambush just double the damage in PvE only just like Blurred Flurry maybe that would work. It is stupid crazy in PvP just like Thief’s headshot, so I won’t really touch the damage there.

As for the traits, there are things I’m okay with and there are things that I would remove entirely.

Self-Deception is crap, remove it entirely. Summoning 1 clone when you use Deception skills is okay!… but… only works with 2 clones? What? Would be better if it just gave you a damage buff whenever you used a deception skill or reduced cooldowns on deceptions. It’s just really bad :/

Nomad’s Endurance is fine… but focus on Condition damage… err should be a lot better if it gave both power/ferocity and condi instead. Gives 100Power/Fer and 100 Condi would balance the scales between Power and Condi builds for Mirage. Then again it’s still pretty weak.

Shards of Glass is weak in PvE but it’s only okay in PvP :/. 33% chance to make a Mirage Mirror… which explodes and deal kkitten damage and weakens? Weak.

And let’s just hope Infinite Horizon allows Phantasms to do Ambush moves… but with the way they’re designed I’m losing hope there.

I was hoping on using Sw/Sw with Focus on swap for pulls. Utilities having Signet of Ether, Power Spike, Crystal Sands, Illusionary Ambush and Jaunt for Elite. Would be a perfect set up when it’s gonna be coupled with a good Sword Ambush… but alas, the only thing it does is breaking Breakbars :/

Mirage DPS HYPE

(edited by Refia Montes.3205)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

“Lunge at your foe and strike them with your sword, briefly dazing them. Leave behind a clone at your original location. "

I mean, as things go? That’s a pretty nice addition.

And if we can use it without a target, we get more mobility. Notably – I don’t know how other leaps work, but if it’s affected by movement speed, we’ll also have super speed as an option during the skill’s activation.

So let’s say we go Dom/Duel. CS, DE, Self-Deception, Shards of Glass, Elusive Mind.
We dodge and the following things can happen:
1- Stun Break
2- Clone generation from DE.
3- Leap
4- Clone generation from Mirage Thrust
5- iLeap OR use a Deception with trait to get a third clone (Jaunt to add 400 range to leap?)
6- Shatter, illusions have a chance of becoming Mirage Mirrors
7- Touch Mirage Mirror, repeat starting from 2.

The question I have for the preview is whether the super speed trait applies to illusions. There might be an argument to be made for swapping Elusive Mind for Infinite Horizon if so.

I dunno dudes, between that and taking Jaunt’s ammo into account, we can do a lot of illusion generation and shattering on Power, and our basic generation rotation is also a potentially 1000-range gap closer(1800 with Blink, 2200 with Jaunt+Blink if possible – and even more if super speed affects leap) capable of stun. We can both bait out and interrupt a heal basically whenever we want from an extremely long range, and with good target selection, can bounce back before anyone even realizes what happened. (Guys. Power Block. Seriously!)

So… Not power viable, amirite?

Let’s test it first.

(If yall are mainly looking at PvE, most of that still applies as a pre-phantasm burst, or a last-target burst if axe 3 is on cooldown. Off-weapon will be axe for target management. Axe is still good to consider for pvp for that sweet 600 range shadowstep, but it’s hard to imagine it competing with staff if going sword main. Sword+Axe would have to be an extremely aggressive playstyle.)

(edited by Kadj.6725)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

Not a fan of the sword ambush either. both GS & Sword ambushes should be damage bursts.
And having you & 3 clones using the sword ambush won’t do much since they’ll attack at the same time anyway, what’s the point of having 3 illusions have a daze at the same time?

My thoughts exactly, they need to be looked at again.
For sword: I would keep the daze but then add this sort of continuous dash or shadowing stepping around the target, hitting them multiple times.

For greatsword: Probably have an illusionary greatsword violently ram into a target, causing a burst of damage and knocking them back (though the knockback would probably not affect the clones) or something like that.

For staff: I’d probably keep the chaos storm but maybe have its radius slightly bigger and duration longer.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

“Lunge at your foe and strike them with your sword, briefly dazing them. Leave behind a clone at your original location. "

And if we can use it without a target, we get more mobility. Notably – I don’t know how other leaps work, but if it’s affected by movement speed, we’ll also have super speed as an option during the skill’s activation.

So let’s say we go Dom/Duel. CS, DE, Self-Deception, Shards of Glass, Elusive Mind.
1- Stun Break
3- Leap
5- iLeap OR use a Deception with trait to get a third clone (Jaunt to add 400 range to leap?)

The question I have for the preview is whether the super speed trait applies to illusions. There might be an argument to be made for swapping Elusive Mind for Infinite Horizon if so.

I dunno dudes, between that and taking Jaunt’s ammo into account, we can do a lot of illusion generation and shattering on Power, and our basic generation rotation is also a potentially 1000-range gap closer(1800 with Blink, 2200 with Jaunt+Blink if possible – and even more if super speed affects leap) capable of stun. We can both bait out and interrupt a heal basically whenever we want from an extremely long range, and with good target selection, can bounce back before anyone even realizes what happened. (Guys. Power Block. Seriously!)

Let’s test it first.

(If yall are mainly looking at PvE, most of that still applies as a pre-phantasm burst, or a last-target burst if axe 3 is on cooldown. Off-weapon will be axe for target management. Axe is still good to consider for pvp for that sweet 600 range shadowstep, but it’s hard to imagine it competing with staff if going sword main. Sword+Axe would have to be an extremely aggressive playstyle.)

the flaw of those power based build with mirage is quite simple and old one :
we will still have no sustain damage . and if you look at other new elites , you will find more and more classes get anti-burst trait/skill .we will get better defensive tools with mirage . but we could not kill anyone in actual high level pvp . this was power shatter mes problem .but the defensive seems not enough (we will have to see for this )for a bunker build (no healing ), right now power mirage seems like a bruiser build without sustain dmg , in the end , condi build will be far better with better sustain dmg + better burst dmg which is what mirage is supposed to do anyway .

in Mesmer

musu.9205

@Kadj.6725 btw given how thief stealth attack requires a target to work , i think ambush will be same . it is reasonable .

in Mesmer

Zarathustra.1458

My thoughts exactly, they need to be looked at again.
For sword: I would keep the daze but then add this sort of continuous dash or shadowing stepping around the target, hitting them multiple times.

For greatsword: Probably have an illusionary greatsword violently ram into a target, causing a burst of damage and knocking them back (though the knockback would probably not affect the clones) or something like that.

For staff: I’d probably keep the chaos storm but maybe have its radius slightly bigger and duration longer.

If Greatsword had an interrupt proc of some kind on it it would be glorious. That was actually sort of what I was holding out for. Otherwise, if they gave the chaos storm some way to inflict a daze that would be good too. What mesmer has been lacking for so long is a way to generate an on demand daze, especially as ostensibly, we should be seriously looking towards interrupt based builds.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Woah, hold on – we get a free clone with Sword ambush? Nevermind daze and leap/600 range gap closer. :o That’s actually pretty nice.

I mean I was also hoping for guardian sword 3 ability, but kind of satisfied with what we’ve got. I’m not sure if I’ll use Axe now if Sword is still a solid mainhand for hybrid play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The greatsword ambush feels sorta like they just ran out of time and ideas and went “kitten it, let’s just make it the normal GS attack and call it something else”.

in Mesmer

Kadj.6725

right now power mirage seems like a bruiser build without sustain dmg , in the end , condi build will be far better with better sustain dmg + better burst dmg which is what mirage is supposed to do anyway .

So what you’re saying is people are saying it’s not power viable because our auto attacks are weak? We’ve literally never had power sustain, I’m not entirely sure where people are getting this idea that we should have it— oh wait that’s right, people listened to that “clones are as good as phantasms” third-hand leak and jumped to conclusions.

I will grant the build lacks strong defensive sustain, though. Dropping shield hurts these days.

And I would look over the other specs, but I don’t really know too well how they play with core traitlines.

I would not rule power out though just because condi is the obvious meta.

@Kadj.6725 btw given how thief stealth attack requires a target to work , i think ambush will be same . it is reasonable .

Thief stealth attacks can still be used under stealth any time, they just have no practical application without a target. Furthermore, Mirage Thrust has an identical description to Warrior’s Savage Leap.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

1- Stun Break
3- Leap

Let’s test it first.

Yeah the combo with dodge into sword ambush and Deceptive Evasion straight into F1 could be pretty nice.

On further thought regarding Elusive Mind vs Infinite Horizon, I’m not sure which is going to be more useful (pvp/small scale wvw). I mean we might already have enough condi cleanse through Jaunt+Mantra of Resolve and if we can dodge while stunned anyway (not breaking the stun but still evading) then maybe Elusive Mind isn’t so necessary?

I mean it still is amazing but depends if we are able to evade while cced without needing to break the stun.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Sword and scepter ambushes seem solid to me, one for pvp one for pve.
Staff and axe are meh… Ok…
Gs is bad… I wouldnt waste a dodge or utility to trigger it…

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

you guys might have skipped that 1.5 cast time . It is worse than gs aa at max range lol
that is really a joke

at this point , i wont expect anything better than scepter ambush . and tbh , i think if there is anything better , WP would show us in his stream already , given how lame his “mirage over tuned ” is

Well in that case it is truly kitten and boring.

Imagine if it was something that looked like the Holosmith’s elite: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prime_Light_Beam

That would be awesome in magenta fired from a greatsword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

To be honest this looks like absolute kitten. I’ve been a mesmer since release, please don’t say play it firsts i’ve been playing a long enough time to understand what is or isn’t kitten for my class and this is kitten.

Also its a condition weapon wtf…we have like 1 1/2 tree’s atm that can do condition damage okay so you wanna force us into making us kittenty little hybrids with this elite.

1/10 Would not spec into. Expect major overhauls on like the 3rd or forth patch for PoF this is a kittenty weapon and a kitten build the dodge doesn’t make up for it.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

It looks like they wanted to give mirage greatsword a ranged cleave, which it will do in a different/easier fashion than the autoattack. This sounds okay mechanically and meets the long requested ability to range tag effectively. If it is undertuned it can be made workable by boosting damage and/or adding utility, like boon rip. I think the reasoning is sound, but the functionality (like the axe ambush) feels a little lackluster compared to some of the others because of all the little bits they get added on.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

For me in void its not bad. We have to see how meta will shift.
It definitely could have less dead traits to make it feel like a progression when specing:

The good:
- Elite: fills a gap. Mesmer dont have low CD elites and jaunt is flexible enough to be used offensively or defensively. Also condi clear is fine if it is enough if it prevents you from specing into insp to survive. Could have a bit more range though…
GMs: intetesting for pve and pvp. Elusive Mind seems great for pvp the others are more pve condi oriented since i dont see the durability of clones changing in pvp.
Utilities: seem a little pvp oriented, which is good, also 1 solid choice for condi pve that is enough since we have 2 signets that go well with it.

The meh:
some traits like Self Deception are very conditional.. It could offer smth baseline like 20% CD reduction to the category or 10 endurance restored on use;

The minor that gives superspeed since it is the only bonus… Not rolling for dodge makes it have a deficit of movement and a trait only to fix that feels we are gettingg the short stick.
All the rest..

The bad:
Mirage Mantle: waste of oportunity to make a intetesting or good trait.
Renewing Oasis: also redundant trait… Ppl spec into condi clear to deal with condi not this…
Gs ambush: why? A worst auto and dmg only to makr it useless on clones… Why anet why?

Well lets see if the the rhe less good things end up being good or falling to bad… Only on live and after a good chunk of time the things will settle. Time will tell…

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

So something I didn’t see anyone mention but I noticed since I had messed with the idea in an elite spec competition: bring back the beta sword leap where the mesmer actually leaped forward!

We can have a clone leap at them and stay behind (Sword 3). Or leap at the enemy and leave a clone behind (Sword ambush). Deception! Well… as long as they make the leaps look similar. Bonus of interrupt traits in PvP. Maybe illusions can also proc interrupts now? Space them out. 1/4 second daze means a lot of rapid short dazes in a row.

It just needs a PvE/PvP split on the damage. Otherwise, if phantasms get ambush attacks (will be able to test soon enough) Sw/Focus+Sc/Sw might be the better DPS option for power/hybrid Mirages in raids.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

So something I didn’t see anyone mention but I noticed since I had messed with the idea in an elite spec competition: bring back the beta sword leap where the mesmer actually leaped forward!

We can have a clone leap at them and stay behind (Sword 3). Or leap at the enemy and leave a clone behind (Sword ambush). Deception! Well… as long as they make the leaps look similar. Bonus of interrupt traits in PvP. Maybe illusions can also proc interrupts now? Space them out. 1/4 second daze means a lot of rapid short dazes in a row.

It just needs a PvE/PvP split on the damage. Otherwise, if phantasms get ambush attacks (will be able to test soon enough) Sw/Focus+Sc/Sw might be the better DPS option for power/hybrid Mirages in raids.

Ye multiple dazes seems good… I just dont think it worth trait IH just for that. Other ambushes are kinda meh and we can just squeeze the utility from them (clones have no dmg). And Elusive Mind seems very good and the Best bet for pvp. For pve 20% condi durarion and additional bleeds seems also the go to.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Trident ambush sounds cool:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wave_of_Panic
I’m assuming it’s going to be like an underwater Chaos Vortex that does 1/2s stun.

Edit: ah I see someone found spear as well – https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ambush_Assault Spear looks kitten though, even worse than GS.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

I don’t get what Anet is thinking with some of these.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I don’t get what Anet is thinking with some of these.

Kind of like the phantasm cast skills, of which only torch and focus stand out (one for burn burst, the other for innovative thinking – immobilise into iwarden, even if it isn’t as good in practice).

The rest are all meh, especially iWarlock (which it seems now GS ambush is a similar concept to that) and iDuelist. :/

Ah well, at least the Chaos Vortex animation looks cool – I always wanted to have the Revenant’s staff spin animation on mesmer.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

On a separate note, I really hope a 20% cooldown reduction to Deception skills is added to Self Deception.

I mean it’s not like Chrono where you’ve got alacrity coming out of every orifice such that Wells don’t need a cooldown reduction.

Edit: I suppose it’s only really the heal that looks a bit long. The utilities look fine on second glance and I guess the cooldowns are low enough that it isn’t necessary. I just hope False Oasis is a seriously good heal for being on a 30s cooldown.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

For example the sword ambush just double the damage in PvE only just like Blurred Flurry maybe that would work.

Doubling the damage would still put it behind our third skill in our auto attack chain, that is how terrible the skill is.

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

The Sword ambush isn’t supposed to be high damage. It’s a gapclosing clone spawning CC skill.

I just don’t like that with Infinite Horizon you don’t get much more since daze doesn’t stack.

Would have been nice to have a good power build with Mirage but looks like that’s not what Anet wants.

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

The Sword ambush isn’t supposed to be high damage. It’s a gapclosing clone spawning CC skill.

I just don’t like that with Infinite Horizon you don’t get much more since daze doesn’t stack.

Would have been nice to have a good power build with Mirage but looks like that’s not what Anet wants.

What’s funny is, the only good ambush for PvE is Sceptre
Even Axe’s ambush is kinda samey with its auto.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Kadj.6725

If you run Domination, 5 stacks of vulnerability (innate) for the Daze, and traited, daze is 1s Stun every 5s(7.5 with 0 endurance under vigor though, which you’ll probably always have).
You can go full interrupt within the same traitline:
-3 more vulnerability stacks on interrupt (innate)
-3 seconds of quickness
-Power Block for 1k damage+Weakness(+15s cooldown)

If you get all 8 stacks of vulnerability(even more if clones can also daze, should you take that trait) you’ll get 4% extra damage(total of 12%) thanks to the third minor trait that provides bonus damage for vulnerability.

Basically, this may be one of the best-synergizing skills I’ve ever seen but no surely there’s no hope for power mesmer, power mesmer is dead, rip.

(edited by Kadj.6725)

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

If you run Domination, 5 stacks of vulnerability (innate) for the Daze, and traited, daze is 1s Stun every 5s(7.5 with 0 endurance under vigor though, which you’ll probably always have).
-3 seconds of quickness

If you get all 8 stacks of vulnerability(even more if clones can also daze, should you take that trait) you’ll get 4% extra damage thanks to the third minor trait that provides bonus damage for vulnerability.

Basically, this may be one of the best-synergizing skills I’ve ever seen but no surely there’s no hope for power mesmer, power mesmer is dead, rip.

I mean I see the synergy with the Domi line and PvP. Yes Power Mirage would work in PvP, but in PvE it has no place since in PvE Daze doesn’t matter. It’s just used for breakbars against bosses. :/

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Kadj.6725

I mean I see the synergy with the Domi line and PvP. Yes Power Mirage would work in PvP, but in PvE it has no place since in PvE Daze doesn’t matter. It’s just used for breakbars against bosses. :/

You’re running phantasms in pve anyway. And don’t kid yourself – chrono is permanently our role in raids. I have long held that if they don’t make perma alacrity+quickness available to more than just us OR so severely nerf them as to be useless, chrono will always be worth more than its slot.

And Daze will still inflict vulnerability even if the enemy is hiding behind a breakbar, if I’m not mistaken. The interrupt traits would need to vanish, but there’s still enough clone generation to consider shatters to some extent. (The theorycrafting is a little less fun with this one just because it doesn’t really take advantage of anything new, though.)

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

You’re running phantasms in pve anyway. And don’t kid yourself – chrono is permanently our role in raids. I have long held that if they don’t make perma alacrity+quickness available to more than just us OR so severely nerf them as to be useless, chrono will always be worth more than its slot.

And Daze will still inflict vulnerability even if the enemy is hiding behind a breakbar, if I’m not mistaken. The interrupt traits would need to vanish, but there’s still enough clone generation to consider shatters to some extent. (The theorycrafting is a little less fun with this one just because it doesn’t really take advantage of anything new, though.)

Well, I want more options in raids. Firebrand is gonna be an awesome support and it won’t replace DH’s spot as a DPS, Soulbeast will complement Condi Ranger builds and live alongside Druids, Weaver will push out Tempest in PvE but Tempest would still be used when there’s lots of pressure on bosses, Scourge will fix Condi Necros problems (maybe), Holosmith would end up being a good DPS option, Renegade would be good with Condi Rev. Can’t we be like Ranger or Guardian that can be viable as both support and DPS? The new two traits we got in Illu and Dueling pushed Power DPS to respectable numbers and with a really forgiving rotation with that. Was thinking if they added Mirage’s Ambush attacks, some damage utilities, I hope it would push Power DPS more with some buttons added to the rotation. Vulnerability doesn’t really matter since its always stacked at 25 at bosses.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Who cares about vulnerability. Warrior and revenant alone can cap it and so can ele.

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

As a non PvPer and main PvE player.
This looks so much better for open PvE than Chrono.
Perma Mirage Cloak will be glorious.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

-3 seconds of quickness

If you get all 8 stacks of vulnerability(even more if clones can also daze, should you take that trait) you’ll get 4% extra damage(total of 12%) thanks to the third minor trait that provides bonus damage for vulnerability.

Yeah I’m interested to see what kind of interrupt builds can be made.

You could even go Dom/Chaos/Mirage, take CS, PB and CI, run Sw/P + Traited staff (or take another weapon if not wanting to use chaos storm for interrupt procs) and take Mantra of Distraction.

Although I imagine Dom/Duel/Mirage with Sw/P + Sc/Sw or something, both Sw and P traited and taking Supriority Complex, Power Block and Confounding Suggestions might be better as you won’t be susceptible to boom removal as with using CI – kind of important if Spellbreakers are going to be neutering all those boons.

in Mesmer

Kadj.6725

Yeah I’m interested to see what kind of interrupt builds can be made.

You could even go Dom/Chaos/Mirage, take CS, PB and CI, run Sw/P + Traited staff (or take another weapon if not wanting to use chaos storm for interrupt procs) and take Mantra of Distraction.

Although I imagine Dom/Duel/Mirage with Sw/P + Sc/Sw or something, both Sw and P traited and taking Supriority Complex, Power Block and Confounding Suggestions might be better as you won’t be susceptible to boom removal as with using CI – kind of important if Spellbreakers are going to be neutering all those boons.

I never liked Chaos. It almost always feels like we’re sacrificing an entire traitline for either Immobilize or more stealth, and while locking people out of dodges is always good fun, ambushes seem (ironically) extremely predictable.

Surprisingly, I’ve been staring at all three dueling grandmasters and considering all the options. I guess DE will be best paired with Signet of Illusions, but both of the other two are really appealing to me.

Dunno… suffice to say, while everyone else is partying on condi builds this weekend, I’ll be studying the blade.