Arcane Thievery - ammunition?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I would like to see Arcane Thievery get the ammunition treatment – 2 charges, 20s cooldown to refill each.

Would be a nice offensive alternative to Mantra of Resolve and might see more play.

Good idea/bad idea?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I could get behind this although I would like to see 15 second recharge with the condi heavy classes we seem to be getting.
Speaking of recharge does alacrity affect the ammunition system?

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

It would definitely make the skill more interesting but what AT rly needs is to function like ele cantrip clenasing fire. That skills always cure the conditions but the offensive part depends on if it lands or not. AT fails to cure conditions if our target dodged, los, range etc.. And being dependent of landing the skill to cure condis sucks. That and the enormous aftercast.

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

Hmm yeah I agree with that. But if you turned it into an ammunition based spec wouldn’t you get rid of the aftercast to make it instacast?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Would be nice if it always cleansed conditions regardless of target, like cleansing fire.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

It doesnt necessarily becames instant. Axe 2 have the ammo system and its not instant.

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

But you have an attack animation that goes with it. Null field is near enough instant to cast, as is MoR. I guess, for me, I would want my cleanse cast as quickly as possible to prevent a lucky interupt.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Ye, w/e… For me the real problem is just that… Being dependent on a target for the defensive part of the skill….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hrm, neat idea, though I’d do it differently:

Arcane Thievery (45s CD)
Applies Arcane Thievery to yourself for 15 seconds. Every time a condition would be applied to you during that time, it will be delayed by 3 seconds. If you strike an enemy during this team and they have a boon, you will steal that boon and apply the condition to them instead.
Boon stolen per attack: 1
_ Conditions transferred per attack:_ 1

(note that it only delays the conditions, and can only transfer 1 off per attack, hence the long duration)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Arcane Thievery would be a great candidate for the ammunition system! How would master of misdirection work though? Would it only affect the recharge of each charge, or would it also affect the ICD between charges?

I think it would be pretty good to have 3 charges, 4 sec ICD between them, 20 sec recharge on each charge, and reduce it to 2 condis/2 boons per cast.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I’ve always used arcane thievery in my pvp set up and I think the skill is pretty good at it is. But i’m definitely not going to say no to a buff. Any buffs to one of my favorite skills will be welcomed.

One change I would like to make is for it to use the original caster’s stats when transferring boons to me and conditions to the target.

I use arcane thievery smartly and wait for a number of damaging conditions to send it back to the original caster of the conditions, and they damage they conditions do is laughable and easily ignored. It’s not impactful at all because it uses my stats that is zero condition damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I love Arcane Thievery; be careful with asking for buffs or changes, knowing Anet, they might nerf it instead hahahahaha I love popping it on condi builds, getting their boons and throwing back what they gave me, it’s so satisfying