Mesmer invisibility Broken!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I dont know if it’s the game lag or what, but i’ve noticed for a wile, & often when in mid spvp battle that when i pop my decoy or prestige or even sometimes my mass invisibility, the graphic effects takes place, but i stay VISIBLE & get hit on as if it never happened. & yes, i’ve made sure that my invi has not bin corrupted by a skill or anything. It’s just dosent work all the time!!! WHY? Has any1 experienced the same thing? After this last pach seems this happens more often then ever. Whats going on with the mesmer???? huh! sigh!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you attempt to use a stealth skill with the revealed debuff on you, you will be unable to stealth.

Before you say that you’re sure you didn’t have revealed, I just spent several hours playing PU conditions and what you describe didn’t happen once, so this is definitely a personal problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Could be he had stealth from another source and used his own stealth and then one of the stealths ended and he was “revealed” (not really).

He then got hit by some stray projectiles and/or AoE’s and blamed it on his stealth skills.

But Revealed makes more sense in this case.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Or he is using staff and a bounced projectile revealed him.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

i miss old decoy

a lighter thief

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

None of the above. but if it’s a debuff, it’s well timed. like alote!

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

i miss old decoy

Had to throw that in there didn’t you

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

if you succesfully reflect projectiles while in stealth through mirror, traited curtain, or feedback you become revealed.

more mesmers have been running reflects to counter rangers since the patch.

(edited by adelaide.6213)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

It could also be ranger’s Sic ‘Em or engineer’s analyze. Both apply 6s reveal, which is long enough for players to make few stealth mistakes without noticing debuff. Analyze is less common though due to how competitive their utility slots are. adelaide does raise an interesting point, from my view they’re using the attacks when you reflect, but this may depends on people’s perspective.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

It could also be ranger’s Sic ‘Em or engineer’s analyze. Both apply 6s reveal, which is long enough for players to make few stealth mistakes without noticing debuff. Analyze is less common though due to how competitive their utility slots are. adelaide does raise an interesting point, from my view they’re using the attacks when you reflect, but this may depends on people’s perspective.

Mechanically/coding-wise, reflects function as you using those skills with them targeted, using their power and your crit damage/modifiers/crit chance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Don’t use any offensive skill while using decoy. Don’t shatter any clones before you use stealth. Don’t use any fields or projectiles before you stealth.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

i’ve made sure that my invi has not bin corrupted by a skill or anything.

Explain what you mean by this please.

Also most likely is revealed debuff or bouncing attacks or clones shattering too late.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Well for example i know theres some skills that make your invisibility impossible to activate. Not sure if it’s a Necro ability. I would have to look it up. but in this case that was not it.
Maybe timing is all wrong or something

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Well for example i know theres some skills that make your invisibility impossible to activate. Not sure if it’s a Necro ability. I would have to look it up. but in this case that was not it.
Maybe timing is all wrong or something

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

I highly recommend you read that wiki page. It should prove to be informative for you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

As said above the only skills that can give you revealed are from Sic ’em (Ranger) and Utility Goggles (Engi) and both are EXTREMELY rare to come across, other times you can get it through actions of others is from being knocked out of shadow refuge.

The only other ways to get revealed with the frequency you’re describing is through your own actions – damaging in stealth, running out of shadow refuge. I think you need to look at what you’re doing and adjust accordingly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There is an actual glitch.
Happens even in PvE
You are stealthed (you have the icon) but perfectly visible…but mobs doesn t seems to see you.

Its not only Mesmer’s stealth… even environmental stealth and shadow refuge stealth from what i seen

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

If you decoy/veil and use your Blink skill, it should VISUALLY reveal you on your screen, but not that of other players until the concealed in shadow or stealth buff wears off.

Another way to do it is to do a Phase Retreat through a Blinding Powder, or smoke bomb. You don’t visually stealth, but you have the buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Teleports re-render your character but don’t check for visual effects.

When any source of stealth ends, your character gets re-rendered and the game doesn’t check for visual effects.

A good way to see if your effects work, you might want to invest in some cheap Ghosty foods. (Strawberry Ghosts are chump change, last I checked.) When you activate the ghosty food, it will give you a ghostly effect. If you enter and exit stealth, you will no longer have the ghosty effect. If you blink, you may lose the ghosty effect.

Stealths that don’t stack (multiple different stealth icons) affect the same way. When one of them ends, it visually cancels the rest. You are still stealthed, whether or not you see yourself as being stealthed. As long as you have the icon, that is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

I have had this problem recently as well. I have been paying close attention since it popped up to see if I was revealed (I was guessing this was the case) but found that the times I felt I wasn’t revealed that I was in fact not. I was also still being tracked by players as though I wasn’t stealthed, so I don’t think it was merely graphical in my case.

I have, however begun using the staff in my newest build along with IE and more shatters now. From what I’ve gathered from posts here my best guess is that I’m hitting the occasional ill timed WoC bounce or a late shatter from a staff clone who took their toot sweet time getting to the target and happened to pop right back out of stealth as I hit it. I’ll start being a little more careful about the WoC bounces and shatters and see if that clears up the issues I’m having.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP