My idea from 5 years back fits Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

When I was playing GW2 at the start my first char was Mesmer – GS/Staff ….:D
At the time for me the most defining ability was Deceptive Evasion. But I was not really happy about how it is executed… rolling sideways was so not mesmery….

What I wanted to see was dodge mechanic for mesmer to be changed from mundane roll to blink. IMHO it would be amazing even if it would not change anything in RL functionality.

But now with the introduction of Mirage Cloak it could be really amazing!
Just imagine if Mirage Cloak would be changed so it contains blink in the range of the dodge…. clears you as the target and with deceptive evasion simple “v” would split you into 2 covered in cloak and running ambush skill ….. aaaaah one can still dream.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

So… dodge jaunt?

in Mesmer

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Well (IMHO) even though dodge mechanic converted into blink would be really cool I do not feel the same about 400 range elite skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

400 range is greater than a dodge, so that’s basically what you’re talking about, tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The thing is it needs to contain both options:

1. Pressing dodge key only, simply blurs you in place with no movement

2. Pressing dodge key while also pressing a directional key (forward/back/left/right) provides blur and executes a 200-300 range blink I’m the direction of movement. Also works with double tap to dodge.

Number 1 is really important to have, unlike normal dodge where if you just press the dodge key you will still dodge backwards. I personally enjoy the current design of Mirage dodge without moving and would not like to see that option disappear if a blink was added. Instead the above solution allows for both possibilities, movement and no movement dodge, which not only raises the skillcap but puts the choice firmly in the player’s hands as to how they want to dodge (move or not move while gaining Mirage Cloak).

in Mesmer

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am all up for this.
What is important part – clearing you as the target – it will make clones reliable in PvP: if other player cannot say even for 1-2sec what is mesmer and what is clone it would be amazing. And this would allow for it…. at one second he is fighting one mesmer…. another second two mesmers are beating him with (hopefully boosetd/fixed) ambush attack. And with Cloak on clone he is not able to onehit clone. …. Soo many options….. AN pretty please?