So the wells right now...

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Anyone been trying them out?

I love the new well trait. Gives mesmer a lot more Alacrity support & self alacrity. Makes them actually worth using right now in my opinion.

Also…
I love how they actually gave us back the pulls & removed the float instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I’d say…. well played, anet.

Did some testing with 4 wells (heal + elite + calamity + action/recall), wells and alacrity traited, shatter playstyle (Illusions + Dueling).

Some Hotjoin PvP, some PvE. And oh boy, the Alacrity uptime! I had almost perma-alacrity on myself (constant shatterin’ and wellin’), giving me even more access to supporting my team with more well-alacrity!
And more wellin’! AND MORE SHATTERIN’ ! IT NEVER STOPS! On top of that, wells actually hurt your enemies. Amazeballs!

Tons of fun has been had. Sometimes I even stopped swapping weapons cause my cooldowns went off so fast.

Base CD? What does that even mean. Give me 90s on everything, I don’t even care.
(I actually do, please don’t do that anet)

I love this spec.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Yup I tried. And I love it too. I made a build focusing on slow and using eternity, calamity and action wells. The amount of alacrity from that is pretty nice. I usually immob/cc target and then put some of them. And then burst. That can do tons of dmg.

EDIT: It was this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRncfClfitfCmpBEgiFVjiMAKgircCOutpOZf2rF-TZhFABAcIAeZ/BwLDs2JAIhnAAA

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I gotta say, the change actually made me want to use All’s Well that Ends Well.
Superspeed on shatters was pretty much a no-brainer before, unless I really wanted to provide some condi clear, but then I was left wondering why I was doing that when guardians can just shout their way to group condi clear.

But this…no one else can do this but me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Precognition and Recall are both still extremly underwhelming. Gravity is barely ok but still not really worth due the too long CD. The rest is fine.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

I love All’s Well that Ends Well now. Gravity Well has been nice in open world PvE and Well of Calamity is really good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Precognition and Recall are both still extremly underwhelming. Gravity is barely ok but still not really worth due the too long CD. The rest is fine.

I will say recall is even worse now. With the well trait, you can have higher alacrity uptime by taking well of calamity! I just don’t get the huge CD on one of the weakest wells…

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Precog and Recall can use some serious cd reduction to make them competitive choices over Calamity and Action in certain builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

After a 2-year hiatus, I am coming back and dusting my mesmer, getting him back into the groove. Even though I did switch to ele for a bit, I miss my mesmer. I was able to pick him up and adapt to the new changes. Guess I’m a mesmer at heart.

Anyways, I was trying out the wells and one thing that I came an issue was condition removals. The trait “All’s Well that Ends Well” seem to have change from condition removal to alacrity now and so I wonder how anyone of you deals with conditions inflicted to you. I’ve so far love Mantra of Resolve, but what about wells?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

We deal with conditions though the inspiration line of traits and skills such as mantra of resolve and null field.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

We deal with conditions though the inspiration line of traits and skills such as mantra of resolve and null field.

Ah, so I guess one utility will not be a well. Oh well.

Edit: Just realized the pun I made. Anyways, yeah, those two skills are life savers for me when dealing with lots of conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I will say recall is even worse now. With the well trait, you can have higher alacrity uptime by taking well of calamity! I just don’t get the huge CD on one of the weakest wells…

I think they are initially worried with the intense combos you can do with other classes. See Killshot Warriors for example. I don’t know if they should actually worry about this so much as it takes so much communication to make this happen.

From the sounds of it, some may accuse us of having an excess of alacrity. Don’t praise the changes with too much gusto please.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Ah, so I guess one utility will not be a well. Oh well.

Edit: Just realized the pun I made. Anyways, yeah, those two skills are life savers for me when dealing with lots of conditions.

The amount of puns you can make using Wells is astonishingly amazing.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I was running an offensive Well build in WvW, they can be absolutely devastating to the enemy. Gravity well is really strong if traited with interrupt traits, drop your two damaging wells inside and its death. At the same time, their damage can be a little lackluster, however you can tag everything that moves.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I think they are initially worried with the intense combos you can do with other classes. See Killshot Warriors for example. I don’t know if they should actually worry about this so much as it takes so much communication to make this happen.

From the sounds of it, some may accuse us of having an excess of alacrity. Don’t praise the changes with too much gusto please.

It’s true that these changes could make support chronomancer part of the meta.

It’s also true that it will only ever be as powerful as the dps classes, because all it does is improve their abilities in a way that is capped by definition.

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Wells functionality is not that much different from the first BWE. So they still suck.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

They all at least need lower cast times and Precog and Recall need redesigns really.

The rest could use a few adjustments/buffs but those are the main problems.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

All’s Well that Ends Well and Alacrity is weird for me. I want to use the Wells as AoE damage and not getting too close, but I have to stay in a Well to get it.

If you use the Staff traits, you want to dance around and get Chaos Storm, but then you need to go foward, Phase Retreat and go back to the Well before the Alacrity is gone.

Beside going Melee (Sw/Sh) to get Alacrity from Wells, I don’t think I’ll use this trait. Also, it confuses me so much to manage Shatters, Weapon Skills and Wells. I’m just not used to it, but too many stuff to do.

And Well of Recall needs a serious buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

I have a concern regarding the healing well and others.

I tried chronomancer in WvW on reset and my initial thought is that the 3 second delay before it heals allies is too long. Even as a self heal alone, I have to stand still and wait while everyone else is moving around (I know I can cast ahead of me but it’s sometimes hard to predict where we’re moving next). I’d much rather have the final burst be divided into 3 ticks along with the vigor, or just reduce duration to 2s.
Similar to the healing well, the end of well effects like alacrity on allies or other effects is abit unreliable and I’d much rather see those effects divided into the pulses themselves to make these skills more consistent.

Well of Precognition has 45 seconds cd to give allies unblockable and blur at the end. Like I said above the unconsistent nature of the final burst makes this skill in my opinion, not worth taking in any situation (also due to the long cooldown).

As for our elite well, Gravity well, I’d like the field to be a bit bigger, maybe increase from 240 to 300.

If I’m not mistaken necro wells do more damage, so one has to wonder why you would prefer to have a mesmer well bomb over a necro well bomb (they can follow up with death shroud and staff marks, we kinda flop around)

Don’t forget my opinion was purely from a WvW standpoint (blob vs blob, no experience in organized fights yet)

Also the #5 shield ability sometimes doesn’t return back, like for example near a gate in WvW structures which is kinda annoying if I’m trying to give quickness when attacking a gate

EDIT: Also the #4 shield phantasm probably has too small of a radius, I was clicking party members when it was up and no one was getting alacrity. And since it’s not exactly that easy to proc it (sometimes the attacker can be out of the 900 range), I’d like this increased

(edited by Eremoo.2785)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

We have again 3 well threads – oh my :P

Well about gravity well, good toughts are here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Gravity-Well-Feelings/first#post5458711

And some great inputs on the other wells are here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Wells-Pulse-Despair-End-with-Happiness/first#post5458743

I really like the idea of reversing Well of Recall.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

So, a friend of mine logged into his necromancer and it seems necro wells can be used underwater but the wells from mesmer can’t. Is this intentional or would mesmers be able to also use wells underwater upon release?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

So, a friend of mine logged into his necromancer and it seems necro wells can be used underwater but the wells from mesmer can’t. Is this intentional or would mesmers be able to also use wells underwater upon release?

HoT content is still in development so you’ll notice various features not yet in the game. Some classes dont even have underwater skills. Thief get’s no steal skill from revenant. That sort of thing.

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

HoT content is still in development so you’ll notice various features not yet in the game. Some classes dont even have underwater skills. Thief get’s no steal skill from revenant. That sort of thing.

Ah, true. So most likely mesmer wells will be usable underwater (Null Field still isn’t usable in underwater?! WHY???).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ah, true. So most likely mesmer wells will be usable underwater (Null Field still isn’t usable in underwater?! WHY???).

Ground targeted skills usually require ground. So when you’re floating in a three dimensional environment there can be some complications with that.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Ground targeted skills usually require ground. So when you’re floating in a three dimensional environment there can be some complications with that.

So for necro wells are only put on you underwater. I guess null field and mesmer’s wells could also do that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

So for necro wells are only put on you underwater. I guess null field and mesmer’s wells could also do that.

Necro wells used to be baseline PBAOE. Those work easy for underwater. Since mesmer ones have always been targeted, I think the UW versions just haven’t been implemented yet. I still don’t get why most target things cant just be only enemy or on self though. Null field on self uw? why not?

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

Time Warp is ground targeted, yet it’s usable underwater. :S

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Time Warp is ground targeted, yet it’s usable underwater. :S

explanation 1: Time warp used to be only benefitting allies, as such putting it on you made sense. Null field could be used offensively or defensively, so it was not as easy…

explanation 2: this is random because devs did not invest that much time underwater; example: all necro minions can swim… except flesh golem…