Sword, Greatsword & Underwater Ambush Skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magileine.5210

Magileine.5210

Sword:

Mirage Thrust

Lunge at your foe and strike them with your sword, briefly dazing them. Leave behind a clone at your original location.

Damage: 275 (0.75)?
Daze: ¼s
Combo Finisher: Leap
Range: 600

Greatsword:

Split Surge

Shoot a beam at a targeted foe, and secondary beams at foes near your target.

Damage (3x): 483 (1.2)?
Number of Targets: 3
Radius: 240
Range: 1,200

Spear:

Ambush Assault

Blink to your target and unleash a series of low-damage strikes that rapidly stack vulnerability.

Damage: 27 (0.1)?
Final Strike Damage: 53 (0.2)?
Vulnerability (8s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage
Number of Strikes: 8

Trident:

Wave of Panic

Release a wave of energy that interrupts and confuses foes.

Damage: 293 (0.8)?
Confusion (4s): 75 Damage On Skill Use, 176 Damage
Stun: ½s
Number of Targets: 5

I’m not one to theorycraft any builds but I’d like to know, given the Ambush skills for Sword and Greatsword, does Power Mirage have a potential?

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

If these are the same for clones/phantasms then yeah mirage can replace domination in raids. But does illusion attack also add daze? If so it’ll be a huge boost to mesmer CC potential on top of moa. But honestly it feels like the info is incomplete since none of them mention illusions, which can be different as we seen in scepter.

As for PvP, I feel like condi will still dominate there though the extra clone from mirage thrust can solve a lot of illusion generation issues with DE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Sword ambush seems really good utility for many builds

GS ambush is just damage, probably good damage as well. Could have good synergy with our big GS burst combo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Prediction: Sword will melt breakbars.
If your illusions get mirage cloak they all will use the ambush skill if they use the mindslash AA. So basically 4x Daze.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

From PvP perspective, although axe is bringing something interesting but I think sword will still be meta for both power and condition build because the super awesome ambush skill.

It gives you a gap closer + an on-demand interrupt + a clone. This solidifies sword as our best utility weapon.

Axe has more damage potential. But it has lame ambush attack + unreliable clone generation so I won’t take it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Why the hell couldn’t GS get the trident ambukittenhat is so much better than stupid lasers…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

It is true Mirage Thrust will probably be useful against break bars, and will synergize with things like Dazzling to stack vulnerability. But the 3/4 sec cast is to long to be a reliable reactionary interrupt, and Confounding suggestions will be redundant with infinite horizon.

This isn’t to much of a problem other than the fact we will be proc-ing our ambush a lot and it will do very little of consequence against anything without a break bar (including players) unless running domination. I’m not that upset with it, given it has some utility. But I am a bit disappointed

Greatsword on the other hand! To quote myself:

Split Surge sitting st 1.2 is awful. It should have been at LEAST 1.9 – 2.2 to be decent. Which is dumb since Eather Barrage is the same channel time, same range, has a defensive blink, applies torment and confusion, and is 2.0

Not that I’m knocking scepter but who thought this is ok for GS? I guess you can argue it can point blank cleave… but a one off point blank cleave for awful damage isn’t worth anything.

It’s dumb and should be buffed before release.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If these are the same for clones/phantasms then yeah mirage can replace domination in raids.

How? All these attacks doe less damage then the autos?

GS ambush is just damage, probably good damage as well. Could have good synergy with our big GS burst combo.

GS ambush does slightly more damage then the auto for a much longer cast time resulting in a dps loss.