[Vid] WvW Shatter Solo/Duo Outnumbered 2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joe.4178

Joe.4178

Build and Info is in the description, enjoy! Any questions or comments feel free to post below, I’ll answer as soon as possible.

-tM- Trillmatic
NSP Colorful Charr Engineer & Mesmer: Bamf Joe
WvW Outnumbered: https://www.youtube.com/BamfJoe0425

in Mesmer

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Great video Joe! Your best so far imho!

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

Hmm good stuff joe, probably the most entertaining video i’ve seen from you.

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

That blink stomp was so awesome

Ida

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Great video Joe! Your best so far imho!

Thanks means a lot.

Hmm good stuff joe, probably the most entertaining video i’ve seen from you.

Thanks baby.

That blink stomp was so awesome

Thanks just got lucky on the port stomps I guess.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Too ugly to watch.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: kaisez.4968

kaisez.4968

Build and Info is in the description, enjoy! Any questions or comments feel free to post below, I’ll answer as soon as possible.

how you have bloodlust .. but in the guide you use only sigil of energy and +5% crit dmg

Kaisez – [NoaH] want you !!

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

how you have bloodlust .. but in the guide you use only sigil of energy and +5% crit dmg

I have 2 sets of weapons, 1 sword and pistol with 25 stacks of sigil of perception for the extra crit chance. Once I have 25 stacks, I swap back into my ascended main sets.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korruptkai.8527

Korruptkai.8527

Good vid joe, had some gg plays with those stomps.

[Holy] Warrior/Guardian

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Too ugly to watch.

Umm ok?

Good vid joe, had some gg plays with those stomps.

Thanks dude, luck and quick reactions was on my side that day.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Great video fellow charr shatter Mesmer <3. I really want to fight NSP, it would be a lot of fun to duel you :O. Hopefully FC sees you soon.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Great video fellow charr shatter Mesmer <3. I really want to fight NSP, it would be a lot of fun to duel you :O. Hopefully FC sees you soon.

Thanks man but the truth is, I suck at duels/1v1s. But I do a bit better in small scaled GvGs 3v3-5v5. Hopefully see you guys soon in the matchups!

You look awesome. More power to comically ridiculous looking characters.

Thanks, since Im not as popular as my guildie I Am Mugi, I dress up silly as possible so people remember that a silly looking charr bursted them.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kayzi.9752

Kayzi.9752

Keeping it entertaining as usual! Both with gameplay and editing! Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Stalagta Team Faded – tM
NSP!

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Keeping it entertaining as usual! Both with gameplay and editing! Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Thanks man, I’ll start making engi movies also once I get full ascended on it.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

how can you be so ugly yet so powerful

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

His appearance strikes fear and weakness into all who face him.

Ida

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

how can you be so ugly yet so powerful

I may be ugly but I will give everyone the burst.

His appearance strikes fear and weakness into all who face him.

People question what they see and before they know it, they get bursted lol.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: imdapro.3256

imdapro.3256

Just out of curiosity, how come you don’t play the current cheese meta pu condi mes or pu phant mes? From what I’ve been noticing, those builds is more popular than the shatter build you’re playing, and everyone is posting 1v1s vs your outnumbered series and for some reason they’re more popular. And the other shatter builds I’ve seen so far hasn’t been top notch like yours in outnumbered/team fights.

Yaks Bend Solo Hammer/Gs Warrior

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Just out of curiosity, how come you don’t play the current cheese meta pu condi mes or pu phant mes? From what I’ve been noticing, those builds is more popular than the shatter build you’re playing, and everyone is posting 1v1s vs your outnumbered series and for some reason they’re more popular. And the other shatter builds I’ve seen so far hasn’t been top notch like yours in outnumbered/team fights.

Never played the pu condi/phant meta builds, no offense, but in my honest opinion the reward for playing such a easy gimmick build doesn’t offer any high end rewards. An example is not ALL but most of those builds I see 1v1 don’t ever dodge/do high level plays/doesn’t do anything in team fights/don’t improve reaction timing. I watch some of those builds take on full ce from eles or hb from wa’s smh its really outrageous. Such an easy build allows so many room for errors w/o getting punished severely for it. Shatter mesmer for group play on the other hand, anything can kill me in 1 shot but like I said, high rewards = high risk which makes the class very fun to me.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Never played the pu condi/phant meta builds, no offense, but in my honest opinion the reward for playing such a easy gimmick build doesn’t offer any high end rewards. An example is not ALL but most of those builds I see 1v1 don’t ever dodge/do high level plays/doesn’t do anything in team fights/don’t improve reaction timing. I watch some of those builds take on full ce from eles or hb from wa’s smh its really outrageous. Such an easy build allows so many room for errors w/o getting punished severely for it. Shatter mesmer for group play on the other hand, anything can kill me in 1 shot but like I said, high rewards = high risk which makes the class very fun to me.

Another thing I’d like to add is when I see mesmer videos and they open with their mass invis smh.. The build allows them to blow their cd’s instantly instead of reserving them for tight situations.. Since they just spam invis all the time it allows them to not dodge big attacks/break stun.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

I agree and i played a personal PU build for a long time. It is not a challenging game style and gets nowhere near the fun a highly dynamic shatter build reaches.
Edit: And shatter build vids are amazingly entertaining to watch of contrary to PU builds.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I really enjoyed the videos. You’re obviously very comfortable and adept with shatter builds and your colorful Charr is quite fun to watch as he decimates everyone around him. I had a couple of questions about your build:

1) How strongly do you feel that the overall stat boosts from the Divinity runes help you compared to other runesets (ie Traveler’s runes or something focused solely on DPS)?

2) Is your current mixture of celestial vs berserker gear deliberately planned out to reach certain thresholds of vitality/toughness or is it just what felt about right?

3) How do you deal with condition removal? Do you just kill everything before they kill you? Also, what do you think of the iDisenchanter instead of Mirror Images? It would give you more illusions/sec assuming you cast in on cooldown and would give you condition removal, but you would lose the stunbreak and the burst potential MI provides.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

I agree and i played a personal PU build for a long time. It is not a challenging game style and gets nowhere near the fun a highly dynamic shatter build reaches.
Edit: And shatter build vids are amazingly entertaining to watch of contrary to PU builds.

Yeah man, but the sad thing is all these other vids of people 1v1ing with the pu phant/condi build are more popular than my outnumber series. :\

I really enjoyed the videos. You’re obviously very comfortable and adept with shatter builds and your colorful Charr is quite fun to watch as he decimates everyone around him. I had a couple of questions about your build:

1) How strongly do you feel that the overall stat boosts from the Divinity runes help you compared to other runesets (ie Traveler’s runes or something focused solely on DPS)?

Well my preference is going maxed burst as possible because idk how many times I’ve bursted someone and their hp is like 1%-25% or all the times. The travelers are nice but most of the time when I’m 2vX-5vX we just stay in place and fight or line of sight or maybe once in a while kite out the zerg to disperse them. My other vids as you can see we just move maybe to a lil different location to fight then just stay their for the rest of the time.

2) Is your current mixture of celestial vs berserker gear deliberately planned out to reach certain thresholds of vitality/toughness or is it just what felt about right?

The celestial 3 piece armor + 1 2h celestial staff allows me to have 116%cd in 20 20 0 0 30 or 126% cd with 10 30 0 0 30 build to maximize potential burst, w/ gaining extra survival ability to my defensive stats. Staff is for my defense, sword + pistol is for my offense when I go in for the burst.

3) How do you deal with condition removal? Do you just kill everything before they kill you? Also, what do you think of the iDisenchanter instead of Mirror Images? It would give you more illusions/sec assuming you cast in on cooldown and would give you condition removal, but you would lose the stunbreak and the burst potential MI provides.

Solo roaming I always die to condi’s so I just don’t bother engaging or run away, not that I have an ego or worried about bruised egos. I just don’t wanna waste my time fighting something that’d easily melt me w/o effort, then run to spawn and build stacks all over again. Then I wouldn’t have any clips or vids out if it was that way. Solely the main reason why I just duo roam or 5vX with a support guard/engi that can cleanse/heal me. And youre right about it, everytime I fight its a DPS race. Kill before I get killed since I’m shatter, the disenchanter is good but the mirror image is readily available for the 2nd shatter when I snipe a specific target in a zerg.

Tyvm for your feedback, greatly appreciated.

-tM- Trillmatic

(edited by Joe.4178)

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Tyvm for the feedback, greatly appreciated. Also, couldn’t edit my previous post so I’ll just quote this again.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

Yeah man, but the sad thing is all these other vids of people 1v1ing with the pu phant/condi build are more popular than my outnumber series. :\

Maybe make a guide. Toss in some how to phase retreat blink stomp(i flipped when i was still new to mesmer and saw wafflez do that). Guides always seem to up the views of the person who released them, but honestly add your anti thief clone kiting and other tricks.

Ida

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Maybe make a guide. Toss in some how to phase retreat blink stomp(i flipped when i was still new to mesmer and saw wafflez do that). Guides always seem to up the views of the person who released them, but honestly add your anti thief clone kiting and other tricks.

Yeah definitely will consider it when I do get more viewers/requests.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

Best video yet editing wise, it flowed well and was entertaining. Well done.

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Best video yet editing wise, it flowed well and was entertaining. Well done.

Thanks man appreciate it, I’ll make a better vid next time or keep raising the bars on every one of them.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: JHN.8749

JHN.8749

Another thing I’d like to add is when I see mesmer videos and they open with their mass invis smh.. The build allows them to blow their cd’s instantly instead of reserving them for tight situations.. Since they just spam invis all the time it allows them to not dodge big attacks/break stun.

Wow each vid gets better and better, makes sense why you guys win all your 3v3-5v5s.. Learned a lot from this vid keep them up like always thanks. But you are right about those pu builds, they’re easily available and require no effort to use whatsoever. Those builds are too forgiving and allows room for so many errors w/o getting punished for it.

Sbi Asuran Mesmer Solo Roamer

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Another thing I’d like to add is when I see mesmer videos and they open with their mass invis smh.. The build allows them to blow their cd’s instantly instead of reserving them for tight situations.. Since they just spam invis all the time it allows them to not dodge big attacks/break with shatter spec.

Wow each vid gets better and better, makes sense why you guys win all your 3v3-5v5s.. Learned a lot from this vid keep them up like always thanks. But you are right about those pu builds, they’re easily available and require no effort to use whatsoever. Those builds are too forgiving and allows room for so many errors w/o getting punished for it.

Don’t get me wrong its not that I hate pu builds, its when people use the pu phant/condi build and brag as if they’re gods in 1v1s. Thats what kinda bugs me the most other then that, I don’t bother fighting any of them kittenter..

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: JHN.8749

JHN.8749

Another thing I’d like to add is when I see mesmer videos and they open with their mass invis smh.. The build allows them to blow their cd’s instantly instead of reserving them for tight situations.. Since they just spam invis all the time it allows them to not dodge big attacks/break with shatter spec.

Don’t get me wrong its not that I hate pu builds, its when people use the pu phant/condi build and brag as if they’re gods in 1v1s. Thats what kinda bugs me the most other then that, I don’t bother fighting any of them kittenter..

Yeah I completely understand and have to agree with ya. Also like to add 3:55 & 7:16 those stomps… you dont see much mesmers blink/phase retreat stomp or blink stomp, and 9:26 my favorite part. @ 9:26 was that like 3v+10? no upscales/guild groups? You were the only dps and you had 2 supports but you survived taking on that group with a glass spec.. I’m still amazed by how youre able to dps and take on the aggro at same time..

Sbi Asuran Mesmer Solo Roamer

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Yeah I completely understand and have to agree with ya. Also like to add 3:55 & 7:16 those stomps… you dont see much mesmers blink/phase retreat stomp or blink stomp, and 9:26 my favorite part. @ 9:26 was that like 3v+10? no upscales/guild groups? You were the only dps and you had 2 supports but you survived taking on that group with a glass spec.. I’m still amazed by how youre able to dps and take on the aggro at same time..

I can’t take all of the credit, gotta give credit to the 2 support classes that carried me during that 3vs+10 @ 9:26. Thanks to Glaezer [Holy](Support Guardian) & Rackin Stacks [SPCA](Healing Engineer) they kept my hp high as possible w/ support buffs & cc’ing the group, while I was dps’ing down that decent sized group.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

I can’t take all of the credit, gotta give credit to the 2 support classes that carried me during that 3vs+10 @ 9:26. Thanks to Glaezer [Holy](Support Guardian) & Rackin Stacks [SPCA](Healing Engineer) they kept my hp high as possible w/ support buffs & cc’ing the group, while I was dps’ing down that decent sized group.

Lols now i know why you dps you are sick of never getting any credit as support.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

Joe, im so glad to be your boyfriend, im a lucky guy.

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Lols now i know why you dps you are sick of never getting any credit as support.

That is one of the reasons, but also all the people I play with are going support so they needed another dps besides I Am Mugi, Stalagta, Kevin Mr Spca, The Lad Guy. But yeah support classes don’t get enough credit for what they contribute in team fights, an example is when I played healing engi w/ I Am Mugi. He’s super popular with everyone while no1 knows who I am haha.

Joe, im so glad to be your boyfriend, im a lucky guy.

wtf rofl

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: wink.7502

wink.7502

Great stuff Joe! You guys are one my favorite roaming groups to watch in action.

[PD] Mesmer – Yaks Bend

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Great stuff Joe! You guys are one my favorite roaming groups to watch in action.

Thanks man! Hopefully we’ll be able to fight you guys again in the next matchups!

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Always find your vids fun to watch.

The anti PU build comments, the ‘cheese’ comments are imo, unneeded.

Although I don’t currently run a pu condi build, it was nice for roaming because when I roam, I don’t have an entourage to fill holes in my build. I need all the escapes and all the tricks I can use.

Being glassy high dps is the surest way to eat the dirt soon and often when constantly outnumbered and not in an organized group.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I disagree. It depends on the skill level of the player. If you are new to shatter, then yes you will die a lot. However, if you have played it a while (like Joe) then you can survive outnumbered and win because of decision making and outplaying the opponents. He was in silver league fighting server populations way higher than his, he knows how to survive :P.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

I respect your opinion.

Sure he was outsmarting his opponents. But this isn’t an @$$ kissing session. He directly mentions not engaging certain condi heavy classes and how his team mates fill in his holes. I don’t believe that to be false humility.

Besides, my post wasn’t about him :P It was about the ‘leets’ talking ill of a very potent build. I see no dishonor in using a solid build in trying circumstances. Being solo in WvW with zergs and skilled havoc groups roaming around…. skill only takes you so far.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

This guy is a b. a. m. f. Luv the vids as always. And ur intention w/ that fugly charr is indeed a success. Hideous…

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Always find your vids fun to watch.

The anti PU build comments, the ‘cheese’ comments are imo, unneeded.

Although I don’t currently run a pu condi build, it was nice for roaming because when I roam, I don’t have an entourage to fill holes in my build. I need all the escapes and all the tricks I can use.

Being glassy high dps is the surest way to eat the dirt soon and often when constantly outnumbered and not in an organized group.

I wasn’t trying to make fun of any builds or you, I don’t mind PU phant/condi builds. It only bothers me when people use those builds, stomp me to the ground and brag about how good they are. Other then that I apologize if I unintentionally offended you and any others on here, and I agree that saying all that was unnecessary. Guess I was having a lil heated moment sorry.

I disagree. It depends on the skill level of the player. If you are new to shatter, then yes you will die a lot. However, if you have played it a while (like Joe) then you can survive outnumbered and win because of decision making and outplaying the opponents. He was in silver league fighting server populations way higher than his, he knows how to survive :P.

Thanks man, our server may be puny to all the other servers except ioj in silver league, but we just deal with the outrageous numbers. Its awesome being outnumbered anyways, lots of room to improve since I lose majority of outnumbered fights.

This guy is a b. a. m. f. Luv the vids as always. And ur intention w/ that fugly charr is indeed a success. Hideous…

Thanks friend! I’ll make more engi videos soon as I finish crafting full ascended for my engineer and mesmer

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I wasn’t trying to make fun of any builds or you, I don’t mind PU phant/condi builds. It only bothers me when people use those builds, stomp me to the ground and brag about how good they are. Other then that I apologize if I unintentionally offended you and any others on here, and I agree that saying all that was unnecessary. Guess I was having a lil heated moment sorry.

I see no reason for you to apologize here.
You simply stated your stance on it, everyone’s entitled their opinion. An opinion many do share BTW. Besides, you weren’t calling people names or attacking anyone.

If people can’t be as effective with other builds, it simply comes down to the Mesmer skill cap which is generally higher then a lot of professions. It really is amazing as to just a few changes in traits or doing a full weapon swap can so completely change us and the play style so heavily. (EX: A person who uses staff primarily swapping to another primary weapon for example, it can really throw peoples game off)

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

@Joe You didn’t offend me, but thank you for being kind anyways.

@Xovian You are right, it is an opinion many share. And that’s why I addressed it.
Do you pat yourself on the back for not using PU?

" I iz more leeter than you nubz cuz I dun uze teh gudz bild! "