[Video] PU Roaming Phantasm (PURP) WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve really enjoyed videos from other mesmers, so I made one that shows what my WvW experience is like.

Here’s a link to the build: http://bit.ly/18Y9seQ

It’s a 20/20/30 build, but it focuses on phantasms versus conditions as the primary damage source. Besides just wanting to share my experience and show what’s fun for me, I wanted to show that not all “PU” builds are the same. Osicat has a great video here that is yet another approach to using PU in a build. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K700U5oxLso

I would love some feedback on two areas:
- Things I’m screwing up in the fights (there are tons of fights that go worse than this)
- How to make the video better (this is my first video – I’m using Fraps and Sony Vegas Movie Studio)

Thanks and have a great 2014!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Thanks for the video, I liked your “I usually lose 2v1 but I try anyway” comment. You got a smile from me on that one. I like the damage you put out with that set up, I’m a pretty tank build and I’m looking to add some damage, thanks for the insight.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Heh, loving the music.

Nice gear setup and play, damage, and use of stealth without prestige. Good stuff!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quentijar.1274

Quentijar.1274

Since yesterday I am using your build in tPVP and I’m having so much fun! It is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Funny, I don’t think I’d last very long playing that variant in PvP, due to the long CD heal and lack of reliable condition removal. Also, even though I like the scepter a lot, I wouldn’t choose it over sword in a build with so little condition damage.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

@quentijar glad you’re having fun with it!

@qaelyn – I’ve never played tPvP, so I can’t say how it would work. You could certainly use another heal. The biggest benefit of the signet for me is the burst damage. You might see it a couple times in the camp fight – I cast a phantasm, swap, cast a phantasm, use the signet, and cast the phantasm again. That get’s three phantasms out in a hurry (either 2 zerkers and a duelist or 2 duelists and a zerker).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Right, and I think that’s the best use of the signet as well. You just can’t really get away with it in PvP the way you can in WvW. Watched the video briefly where you used it and you just don’t get that kind of time to dance around in PvP.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

@qaelyn I forgot to respond to your part about condition removal. The disenchanter seems quite powerful to me, but you could certainly swap it for another option. Disenchanter has two little side benefits in this build. If it gets killed early and you can’t wait for the 20 second cooldown, the signet also refreshes this phantasm. Also, it’s a handy range indicator for using the greatsword auto-attack at max range (since the disenchanter is a 900-range cast)

There’s one other bit of condition removal in the build since you can shoot through veil to remove conditions. But that’s very tricky to pull off (it used to be cool when duelist would proc 100%)

Anyway, thanks very much for the feedback. Have fun!