… more like… for Easter timewise. Or even sooner.
I was bored and wrote down changes I personally would enjoy. I focused on enhancing characteristics we already got and tried to flesh out the themes of our traitlines. I included weapon changes to make our Phantasm skills more like on Shield and adjusted utilities. I also feel that we need a more general access to Alacrity.
Note, that those changes are based on my personal preferences although I feel that they do make sense. They also include mostly buffs which I’m aware of. However, considering the position we are in – one which thanks to the patch won’t improve – I think those are moderate and acceptable.
Feel free to give feedback or discuss ideas. Enjoy!
- Illusion of Vulnerability – Duration increased to 8s.
- Empowered Illusions – No change
- Confounding Suggestions – Increases Daze/Stun duration. Hitting a foe with CC applies 5 stacks of Vulnerability. The Stun procc was gimmicky to begin with and after the rework Dazes aren’t that commonly associated with Domination anymore (GS#5 being a knockback, Mantras being in Duelling and Inspiration and Signet of Domination being a Stun).
- Shattered Strength – Moved here from Illusions. Domination/GS partly is about Might. Moving it here makes Domination the primary power shatter traitline while Illusions becomes the condition centered one.
- Rending Shatters – Moved here from Adept tier. See Confounding Suggestions. Having Vulnerability on shatters suits GS and Signets better than on Daze.
- Empowering Inscriptions – Activating a Signet removes one condition and grants you a 10% damage boost for 10 seconds (Alternative: Power boost like the Precision boost on Warrior Signets). Cooldowns are also decreased. This boost is meant to compensate for the loss of the damage modification through Mantras (see below).
- Shattered Concentration – No change
- Furious Interruption – No change. Regarding interrupts, also see Power Block
- Fragility – No change
- Imagined Burden – No change
- Mental Anguish – No change
- Power Block – The bonus effect now also works when a breakbar is active. Alternative: Your CCs have increased effectiveness on breakbars. Adept tier: 25%, Master tier: 50%, GM tier: 100%. Each interrupt trait across all classes should provide this bonus.
- Critical Infusion – No change
- Sharper Images – Moved here from Master
- Blurred Escape – Gain 2s of Blurr when hit below 50%. 40s ICD. Desperate Decoy just isn’t working.
- Fencers Finesse – Moved here from Master
- Confusing Combatant (new Minor) – Your attacks apply confusion for 3s after successfully evading an attack (5s CD, 1 stack for 3s per hit with an 1s ICD per target).
- Duelists Discipline – Moved here from Adept. Recharge reduced to 15-20% to account for the changes to Magic Bullet. Might consider changing it to Confusion instead of Bleeds.
- Blinding Dissipation – No change
- Evasive Mirror – No change
- Master Fencer – The Fury is now also applied to your Illusions. A slight nerf from a Phantasm perspective. But it encourages a more active gameplay and still can end up with 100% uptime. For Illusions, it’s a buff.
- Mistrust – Increased to 3 stacks per interrupt (Guess ANet beat me to it…). Your critical hits have a 50% chance to apply 1 stack of Confusion for 3s to foes who are already confused. Alternative: Your critical hit chance is increased by 10-20% against confused foes.
- Deceptive Evasion – No change
- Harmonious Mantras – No longer grants a damage buff. Instead, gain ‘Harmonious Mantras’ for 10s. Your next Mantra is 50% more effective. This applies to either using a charge or channeling a Mantra (e.g. 50% faster cast time).This change hopefully encourages chaining Mantras in a meaningful way instead of just spamming them to keep a damage buff going. As before, gain an additional Mantra charge.
(edited by Xaylin.1860)