Any viable condi or MM builds for PVE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

I’m somewhat new to necro, as I finally joined the undead ranks here after playing around with reaper in the last BWE. I always wanted to make a necro but to honest something about it seemed unappealing. So reaper finally gave me the boost I was looking for and now I’m happily at level 54 and climbing fast. This’ll be my 6th or 7th 80, so I’m already in the habit of researching the profession almost as much as i play it. I understand there are three primary build paths, but of course they can be modified for experimentation. Those would be: power builds, condi builds, and MM builds. I’m currently running a power DS build for leveling (which is a blast) but of course the #1 thought in my mind is how the class will play at 80. So finally comes my question, for PVE are there any viable condi or MM builds? I’m looking to experiment to try other fun builds. I know HoT will bring changes to conditions that hopefully make condi necromancer more viable, so we will see how that goes. I’m not an elitist, but I don’t bother with the “play whatever build you think is fun” idea. I primarily spend my time doing open world content, world bosses, and dungeons. I have a feeling I won’t be doing as many dungeons on my necromancer as I would on my warrior/thief/mesmer/ranger..

Thanks for any input! Builds/weapons/sigils/rune combos etc are appreciated

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Both power build, the Dagger or DS are both okay good for dungeons, abit low on dmg for a dmg build and necro is abit low on control and support skill compared to the control/support classes. So yes, necro is generally not the best choise for dungeons/fractals (but not that bad either). For open PvE either power build will do well.

Condi build, this dont work for dungeons sry, necro condi builds mainly focus on bleed and that is to slow a dmg buildup for dungeons and fractals. For open world PvE it work fine and for SW or Tri-wurm (husk control) its even good. For alot of world bosses it is abit lacking though. There are several good condi build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0QjNWdDe3A/NO+FKaW8FDL8LDgPI20PQFA-ThyCABNqEEgDBgCnAAnV+d8DAgZ1fEaJgJOCA6tBwMrAAA-e
The 3 different runes show some options (Aristocrazy is what I like the best). And Rabid or rampager can both work if you dont want to use Sinister, you are going to loose alot of dmg though). The sigils is just to show some good options.

MM. I have never seen a good MM build, sry. or seen a place where MM is not just irretating, AI-control is just…. but there is alays a chance you will like it

ohh and a TANKY option for a condi build is something like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0QjNWdDe3A/NO+FKZU/0TN8LDgPI20PQFA-TByCABAcIAU4EAc8DAALlfCt/wlq/MxRAYMlgAA-e
This is a I do SW (where some mobs can hurt if you dont pay attention) and I want to afk mode it.