But of Corpse: July 25th - Live at Five PST

in Community Creations

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

The audio and youtube version will be up today though I would recommend listening to the audio only this time :P

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

In this week’s exciting But of Corpse episode, Gibbly and Bhawb take it live again. Everyone was looking forward to hearing from Nay of the Ether, but a few technical and communication issues prevented us from getting him on. However, stepping forward was none other than Black Avarice. Black Avarice is one of the newer tournament Necros, and definitely likes to think outside the box. Gibbly, Bhawb, and Avarice get the chance to talk to the Necro community about broken abilities, ways to improve the Necromancer, and how to build a team to help the Necromancer.

We even had a special chat guest in Jonathan Chaplan who decided to hop in and try and explain some common misunderstandings about the design of the Necromancer. He even offered to come on a later show!

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-necromancer-podcast-but-of-corpse-ep-16/

Btw, Chaplan recommened that the Necro community pay attention to this upcoming SOTG. He said he is really excited for the Necromancers about the next patch. Plus he did give us some hints.

1) We will not be getting any more access to vigor or endurance by design.

2). They don’t want us to worry about boons, but to worry about condition control. We are supposed to be the anti-boon kings, but it’s not working so we should listen because they feel they have the answer

3). We are supposed to be the masters of preventing escapes, and not be able to chase people down. He said, their goal is to make sure we make people regret getting into a fight with us.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just so everyone knows, Nay had an emergency come up last second and so he was not able to be on on time. However, he is scheduled to be on next week, so everyone that was looking forward to a PvE podcast on support and minions; nothing to worry about, we’ll have your fix next week!

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

that sounds really interesting bas ty for everything you are doing for the community

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

Just tried listening to the podcast, is Black Avarice’s voice fixed because his replies are blank. Also the video says it is private and is not viewable.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Just tried listening to the podcast, is Black Avarice’s voice fixed because his replies are blank. Also the video says it is private and is not viewable.

Sorry about that it’s fixed now. the replies are blank on the audio?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

Sorry about that it’s fixed now. the replies are blank on the audio?

Sorry I worded that terribly, still early for me, haha. I haven’t listened to the video version yet but in the audio version Black Avarice cannot be heard (at least at the beginning, I haven’t got far into it).

http://sittingonacouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GW2-Necro-Podcast-But-of-Corpse-Black-Avarice.mp3

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

Sigh… I can’t hear it either. I’ll check my files to see if it was an issue with exporting. Really sorry about this everyone.

Edit: So I found the problem. Mumble recorded everyone’s voice to a different file. So currently you are listening to me talk to myself. We’ve got someone smarter than me helping us fix it, and we’ll get a more interesting version up shortly.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Im not sure how to feel about the no vigor part. It makes sense by design I guess, but at the same time mitigation via deathshroud simply isn’t enough in some cases. Invuln and movement of some sort is needed. However, I will watch state of the Game to see what they are speaking of. While I am a little disappointed, I also really want to hear what could possibly be in store for the class. You can say i’m dedicated to it so to speak.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Community Creations

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Same here, I’ll listen to it to see if I can share the excitement. My laurels are still not used on my other classes!!!!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Same here, I’ll listen to it to see if I can share the excitement. My laurels are still not used on my other classes!!!!

Lol, im more invested than just laurels. pretty much have 2 sets with almost full ascended. Just got my T3 cultural set on my necro also.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Okay so we figured out the issues with the audio and are fixing it as we speak. We should have the fixed one ready within a couple hours.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Same here lol, my bank is necro-set only. PVT, Berserker, Rampager and Rabid for now. But Laurels are not Alt-friendly, so before I make the switch, I’ll wait for that exciting next patch

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Okay guys it should be fixed

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-necromancer-podcast-but-of-corpse-ep-16/

Please let me know if there are any issues

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sajuuk.4973

Sajuuk.4973

Yes!!!! I was getting worried there for a minute. I was like WTF!? I can only hear Bhawb, but now I can hear you both and you’ll make my work day go a lot easier. At least for the next hour

Sajuuk Khor / Blackgate / Guild Forty Thieves
PvP R29 Necromancer
Level 80 Necro / Level 80 Thief

(edited by Sajuuk.4973)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xaragon.3520

Xaragon.3520

What is khalifa’s secret, tell me please!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

swag on blast

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

swag on blast

Khalifa making a comeback! Woohoo!

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

In just under 5 hours from now, But of Corpse the Necromancer Podcast will go live at www.twitch.tv/soacgaming. This week’s guest is none other than Nay of the Ether. Bhawb and Gibbly are eager to talk with him about Minions AI in Pve, Open world support play, and Necromancer and Dungeons in the current state of PVE. Come join us, ask some questions, and watch as they cover the most recent all-necromancer dungeon run.

I think I am going to ask them about whether they miss 10 man dungeons or not.

Every Thursday 5pm PST/GMT-8

in Community Creations

Posted by: Gibbly.5480

Gibbly.5480

Ya come and join us live at: twitch.tv/soacgaming . You can ask questions, we are reading chat and just talking about necromancers, it is a ton of fun and hope you guys join us

Gibbly [JFK] – Condition Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/GibblyGaming
http://www.twitch.tv/giibbly

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Great Show today!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Was a good show thanks for having me on!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

Watch SOAC tomorrow, just saying.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Here is the VoD from this week’s BoC:
June 6th 2013, In this week’s exciting But of Corpse Necromancer Podcast, Bhawb and Gibbly get the privilege to talk and work with one of the top support MinionMancer in the PVE world, Nay of the Ether. Nay was a little late, but things took off. We got a chance to hear about how to do support without heals, key dungeon moves for Necromancers, and some great ways to improve the Necromancer Gameplay.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-necromancer-podcast-but-of-corpse-episode-17/

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Coming this Thursday! None other than the one and only Ascii to talk about being a wvwvw commander Necromancer. He will talk about the role of the Necromancer, and how a commander views them. Subscribe to twitch.tv/soacgaming and don’t miss out!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

But I am the greatest necro commander!!!! Lulz. Will watch and sub.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

But I am the greatest necro commander!!!! Lulz. Will watch and sub.

A new possible guest!!! We do need more WvWvW guests :P

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

We’re always looking for other people to have on the show if you’re a commander too hint hint wink wink.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

Live at 5 DON"T MISS IT!

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

We are live right now!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRLcvSTTjfPBIz45rnU494xMKeYA-jUzAYrAiugIRQEBQqAQyTZNBKI2GKiGr2GTFTEVbwTkNXr2uDIDAzCA-w

This is the build i use for WvW and will be happy to answer questions regarding this!

Here is the healing effect from transfusion i spoke about in the podcast too;

(forgive the poor quality i made it in a rush).

Here is examples of were to place wells & marks (on the barrcade things i spoke about) on walls to get better coverage.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Community Creations

Posted by: valentine.9385

valentine.9385

hey, i’m a necro lvl 80. it’s my main. I don’t play any other classes really. i’d love to join your guild, necro collaboration sounds wonderful

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hotsounds.3615

Hotsounds.3615

Ascii correct me if im wrong, but in your build link there you are using Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee wich gives you +40% Condition duration/70 Condition Damage, when i think you wanted to put Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup wich gives you -40% Condition Duration/70 Vitality. Im saying because i’ve seen you post that build on another thread somewhere in forums, and im pretty sure u used the Lemongrass :p

in Community Creations

Ascii.9726

Correct i do use Lemongrass Poultry Soups, sorry was an oversight (i was tired last night after the podcast and making this build xD). I’ve updated the link.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Community Creations

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I have your build bookmarked from the last time you posted it. Looks like it hasn’t changed. Depending on how the June class balance patch turns out, I’ll probably be moving to a Power based build similar to yours. Thanks for offering your insight and sharing your knowledge of the class Ascii.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

In this week’s death defying episode of But of Corpse, our Necromancer hosts, Bhawb and Gibbly, have the privilege of working with Ascii of WvWvW fame. Ascii educates them on the principles of wvwvvw play. He illustrates some of the strongest portions of the Necromancer, and how the game is played from the side of the Necromancer.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-necromancer-podcast-but-of-corpse-episode-18/

in Community Creations

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Glad to see you are still going strong Ascii. =) Are you still doing Spvp also?

Much love,
Madame Moorshade Teknomancer

in Community Creations

Ascii.9726

I do spvp, more so then before now but in terms of tpvp or high cap competitiveness i don’t think i can compete on that scene yet!

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

Hey guys, just putting it out that if you feel you have some interesting gameplay experience, or something interesting to be able to share (like Ascii was a wvw commander, Nemesis was well known for PvE guides, etc) we are always looking for potential guests, especially in PvE, and to an extent WvW.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

@Ascii

I’m curious about your thoughts on the Weakness buff coming that will now also affect crits and how it may affect your Power/Crit build in WvW. I think this is what you were afraid of when asked during the interview.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

It’s live in 4 and a half hours!

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

We have SoftSpoken, a PvE necro slated for tonight. We will be touching briefly on what was announced today as well, but mostly we will leave talk of patches for next week when they are live and we can talk numbers.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

We are going live now.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Well, it was fun! I hope the listeners found it interesting.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Community Creations

Bas.7406

June 20, 2013. In this week’s Necromancer episode, Gibbly and Bhawb try to calm an ever increasing crowd of Necromancers thanks to some leaked patch notes. They sat down with one of the more well spoken Necromancers on the forums, Softspoken. The guys venture into the underworld of Necromancer pve, and how bosses need to change to make the Necromancer more viable.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-necromancer-podcast-but-of-corpse-episode-19/

in Community Creations

Ascii.9726

All Fears cause the person to run away from the caster, not the source of the Fear.

You can see this by standing in-front of a monster and place the mark behind him and then using DS-3 to fear him into the mark, the monster will hit the mark and continue to be Feared away from you.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Are the necro podcasts no longer available in audio only format?

in Community Creations

Bhawb.7408

They are still posted with audio only on the website.

My PvP Minion Build

in Community Creations

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Very soft spoken voice indeed

Puns aside, how do u get the 8s immobilize on the minion active? I know it fires 2 projectiles but they both only apply a 2s immobilize. If lucky, if i activate the active right before he fires, it will immobilize on both atacks, giving a two 2s immobilizes, with even a small windows where he can move inbetween. Or did u mean 2+2 from minion + 4 from dagger#3 = 8s immobilize ?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Dunno if you thought about this Softspoken, but you could run two axe’s…one in each main hand slot so that you can have an “On Weapon Swap” sigil that will fire whenever you change your secondary…

Just food for thought.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer