Dark Harvest Item PSA

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yubria.5671

Yubria.5671

Edit: I changed this post to include anything useful regarding the Dark Harvest collection. Feel free to add more information in the comments, and I’ll continue editing this post.

Here’s the wiki collection page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Harvest_

Draithor’s Reaping Crystal

- Apparently it can drop from either event in which you slay Draithor. This is different from the wiki, which indicates that the “Free the Black Lion merchants…” event needs to fail.
- The BL merchant event seems to start at about :33

Pristine Shadow Claw

- Mellaggan’s Valor Waypoint – three smokescale spawn nearby (1 is a vet)
- Coztic Grounds has 1-2 spawns

(edited by Yubria.5671)

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Logan Kerberos.7062

Logan Kerberos.7062

That event can actually succeed and you can get Draithor’s item from him during Help Aria Venom slay Draithor the Drill. That is how I got mine.

On another note, if anyone happens to have an energy crystal for the event in metrica, help a person out. I’ve been trying to get one for a while now. x_x

EDIT: Nevermind, got it

(edited by Logan Kerberos.7062)

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I’ve got both those items but can’t find any smokescales to kill. Is there a good place to kill a lot of them?

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

There’s one place close to one of the rally points on Verdant Brink. I think it was in the west? Close to the broken airship WP(Mellagan’s Valor). Spawns a vet and 2 smaller ones. That’s where I got mine. Coztic Grounds also has 1 or 2 spawns.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Yubria.5671

Thanks for the info! I’ve edited them into the original post so we can keep it all in one place.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Johannes.4638

Johannes.4638

- The BL merchant event seems to start at about : 33

I see this part, but is it a specific hour?? I have been hanging around the map in that spot all day and the event never triggers for Draithor.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Yubria.5671

- The BL merchant event seems to start at about : 33

I see this part, but is it a specific hour?? I have been hanging around the map in that spot all day and the event never triggers for Draithor.

I think it’s every hour? I went there just before 8:30 EST today – the BL merchants spawned a a few minutes earlier this time (:27, I think), and after it succeeded I had to wait a few minutes for the slay Draithor event to start, but I got the item drop.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Edit: I changed this post to include anything useful regarding the Dark Harvest collection. Feel free to add more information in the comments, and I’ll continue editing this post.

- Apparently it can drop from either event in which you slay Draithor. This is different from the wiki, which indicates that the “Free the Black Lion merchants…” event needs to fail.
- The BL merchant event seems to start at about3

Pristine Shadow Claw

Seems to start at : 3 3? Do you mean on game server time? I’ve been hanging around here for an hour and none of the 3 events have started, is there something I can do to activate it?

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What’s the drop rate on reclaimed metal plates like? I Can’t get one to save my life.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

What’s the drop rate on reclaimed metal plates like? I Can’t get one to save my life.

It seems really low, but apparently rare recalimed weapons will always drop one, so maybe check the TP for that.

Personally, I’m worrying about the millions of mastery exp I need to grind out and the machined kitten so I can be done with this annoying quest haha.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

If anyone need help feel free to ask here!
One quick note that to get the crystalin ore, instead of doing like 10 of the long meta events in dragon stand, the last two story missions gives you 40 of em.

Attachments:

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

One quick note that to get the crystalin ore, instead of doing like 10 of the long meta events in dragon stand, the last two story missions gives you 40 of em.

What did you do for leveling masteries? I’m gathering a bunch of mastery points then going spider farming for hopefully a few hours only..

I’m halfway to stealth gliding and I have to level exalted from 1 to Max for the stupid sharpening stone thing. I also have to get nuhoch acceptance, but that won’t be as bad.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

What did you do for leveling masteries? I’m gathering a bunch of mastery points then going spider farming for hopefully a few hours only..

I’m halfway to stealth gliding and I have to level exalted from 1 to Max for the stupid sharpening stone thing. I also have to get nuhoch acceptance, but that won’t be as bad.

I finished the two first maps(VB and AB) got as much as mastery points as I could, including some hiddens, and then I just did wvw dailies for the xp boost and go spiders untill i ran out of em.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

exactly what map do you need to complete in magus falls for necromancer’s cache? i completed verdant brink today, and didn’t get anything, much less the necromancer’s cache….

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tsplodey.4719

Tsplodey.4719

exactly what map do you need to complete in magus falls for necromancer’s cache? i completed verdant brink today, and didn’t get anything, much less the necromancer’s cache….

Did you have 100% Tyria map completion before HoT? If yes, there’s a bug preventing the Magus Falls map awards from being received.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Draithor event doesn’t need to fail. You end up fighting him either way. I got it after succeeding the pre event.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

I finished the two first maps(VB and AB) got as much as mastery points as I could, including some hiddens, and then I just did wvw dailies for the xp boost and go spiders untill i ran out of em.

I did the math and I need 12.7 million more exp to level up the masteries I need to finish everything. According to my calculations that will be four to six hours of spider grind. Still aweful but manageable.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

As someone who has run out of XP boosters im desparately hoping raid XP is good.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

As someone who has run out of XP boosters im desparately hoping raid XP is good.

Buy exp boosters from laurel merch, use food and utility, use guild buff and possibly buy the fireworks booster too.

-Skydis

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I feel like laurels are too valuable for that. I might reconsider though. Not too enthusiastic about getting back to spider farming though. Such a boring use of time.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What stats are selectable on Dark Harvest? Originally I thought you could pick any crafted set from these, but then I got Bo and found that it only offered Celestial, Marauder, and another terrible one. I’m hoping Berserker’s is an option on Dark Harvest when I go for that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

According to the wiki its Berserker, Knight, or Trailblazer.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Can’t you swap the stats in the mystic forge anyway, though?

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Great, didn’t even think the wiki would have it documented yet but there you go.

Can’t you swap the stats in the mystic forge anyway, though?

Yeah, but it’s annoying, costs gold, and forces you to use another transmutation charge if you wanted that skin anyway (like I did for Bo).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Yeah, you can swap stats, I did it with Glint’s Bastion (Herald Shield), but it costs you extra stuff ofc and I find it a bit stupid that you can’t choose the stats you actually want in the first place.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Well, for those brave or skilled enough, there an area in Auric Basin that spawns 3 veteran Shadowscales and a regular one at pretty good intervals.

It’s on the path to the Recovery Golem Hero Point, so it requires either an Experimental Rifle or Ley-line Gliding.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

I confirm the notion.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well, for those brave or skilled enough, there an area in Auric Basin that spawns 3 veteran Shadowscales and a regular one at pretty good intervals.

It’s on the path to the Recovery Golem Hero Point, so it requires either an Experimental Rifle or Ley-line Gliding.

Doesnt require either. I just glided across without using the experimental rifle. You might need gliding 3 though.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nyrtle.8907

nyrtle.8907

For Pristine Smoke Claw:
Go to Auric Basin and head towards Golem HP, on the way there after you glide down from the trees to the path, there a quite a few vet Smokescales that spawn there.

Good Luck!

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Haven’t had issues with most except getting Oola’s crystal.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

The only thing left is the pristine claw. I hate having to try and get it since killing veteran smokescales isn’t fun—especially when they’re using their smoke field right after their smoke assault and you have to move away slowly.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

Mates can i get machined greatsword without having weaponsmith ? Because all have almost all items but it seems this will be the hardest to make if it requires weaponsmith to make it ? Btw and if it requires it,can i give materials to another player so he can make it for me ?

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: tbauman.5430

tbauman.5430

machined great sword is rewarded after you collect all the items. No need to craft it.

Dark Harvest Item PSA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azsune.7946

Azsune.7946

- The BL merchant event seems to start at about3

Pristine Shadow Claw

For smoke scales I farmed them south east of Scar Camp Waypoint. On your way up to that race there is 7. Almost said 5 but I had to go check to make sure. You can kill them almost constantly without waiting to long as they respawn real fast. I found this from an older thread back when I was farming 3 smokescale on and off. SCAR Lane events do need to be at a certain point before they spawn though.