Dire or Trailblazer for WvW condi reaper ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

I see a lot of Trailblazer users but does the extra condition duration pay off given the amount of cleanses in large scale fights ? + Dire is a lot cheaper..

I am only interested in large scale zerg vs zerg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Honestly just go for dire if you want the survivability for zerg fights. Trailblazer might be slightly better since you counter opponents -dura, but your ability to boon rip won’t change and you will still stack a lot of bleeds regardless.

Unless I’m mistaken, the meta for WvW guild groups is cele necro with axe/focus (or dagger or wh) and GS. So if you have the gear to make cele, that would be another option.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

The damage within the first 5 seconds of Dire is going to be higher than that of Trailblazer. However, Trailblazer will deal more damage over time than Dire.

From my experience:

• Trailblazer is better on Tower Supervisors and Keep Lords
  • Organized groups will nullify their conditions through cleansing or Resistance within 10 seconds
  • Unorganized groups will succumb to both, but the damage spike from Dire is less forgiving
Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Honestly just go for dire if you want the survivability for zerg fights. Trailblazer might be slightly better since you counter opponents -dura, but your ability to boon rip won’t change and you will still stack a lot of bleeds regardless.

Unless I’m mistaken, the meta for WvW guild groups is cele necro with axe/focus (or dagger or wh) and GS. So if you have the gear to make cele, that would be another option.

For some reason staff is still meta. Ease of use I suppose. On metabattle there are even builds with staff but not soul reaping… Idk what that site is supposed to be.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I see a lot of Trailblazer users but does the extra condition duration pay off given the amount of cleanses in large scale fights ? + Dire is a lot cheaper..

I am only interested in large scale zerg vs zerg

Ideally you want a mix of both. Throw in there some viper / sinister as well, and for upcoming scourge, might think about some shaman, apothecary or seraph or other stat sets with condi + healing on them.

There will be plenty of times where running full dire / tb is a complete and total waste, and there will be sometimes where you will wish you had a bit more survivability, thats when you switch a few pieces of gear.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

I am always amazed at how seriously bad some of the Metabattle builds are.

WvW Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

Staff is just op with chill trait, thats why it is in the build, even without soulreaping(the unblockable marks is just waste of trait anyways) you build lf with heal skill(and prock reaper runes) shout gives unblockable(+removes boons) and procks runes. Chillbains alone does like 6k dmg/ target when not cleansed. You transfer condis with putrid Mark and apply mild aoe pressure with 2. Like nerf to vp and sos made soulreaping dead line anyways.

Kinda dont agree with metabattles choise of stats, you do want like 1,8k Power, around 1,2k condi dmg, then maybe 20-30% crit and some ferocity while having 2,8k armor. Healing Power is waste tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Staff is just op with chill trait, thats why it is in the build, even without soulreaping(the unblockable marks is just waste of trait anyways)

I hope flow.6043 reads this after what (s)he said in this thread. Specifically, that either players use Soul Marks or don’t use staff. It’s hugely presumptive and wrong because Speed of Shadows was vastly superior to Soul Marks for Reapers.

Like nerf to vp and sos made soulreaping dead line anyways.

I hope Anet reads this.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)