Does everyone here camp shroud or something?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

The VP change didn’t affect my build in the slightest since I’m running spite/curses/reaper and the whole point on using RS is for proc traits (thank you for fixing and buffing SS, anet) and I’m fiddling with the new GS trait which looks quite solid. I imagine it’s tough for other builds who rely more on shroud permanence.

Enjoying viper reaper for a while more until PoF is live, the onto Scourge.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Reaper Shroud 5+4 combo drains 20% life force, not including any damage you take.

You don’t need to camp Shroud to be severely punished by the VP nerf.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Most of the builds that included any kind of condition aspect should be safe for the most part. But for a pure power build and a few others, the destruction of the soul reaping line completely removed the entire build. Instead of promoting build diversity, the patch has effectively reduced the amount of available options for power.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Or youre not playing against players who pvp like they get paid for it

Before no experienced team was gonna let you walk around and not care so shroud was more of a “oh kitten ” button than anything cause it doesn’t take much for a thief alone to take you out, add a guard, ele, or mes into the equation, hell even a warrior and now youre about to struggle to stay alive until you either kill them or someone on your team peels them off

Without even getting hit now shroud disappears too fast and everyone knows it

Matter of fact I co main a thief, my favorite targets were always necros because I knew that all I had to do was kite shroud and where it down, Now I know that I can wait to burst you with cd’s I used that to my advantage

I applied basic weapon pressure and waited for shroud, I literally only used 1 of my utilities and those necros’ probably had the same expression that dbz characters get when gokus hit so hard he reverts back to his base form

At that point I burst with the rest of my cd’s and necros is no more, this all takes place in a matter of seconds

It wasn’t that people were camping in shroud, its that shroud was necros’ only actual defensive measure

Now that its gone a necro doesn’t last long at all

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Or youre not playing against players who pvp like they get paid for it

Before no experienced team was gonna let you walk around and not care so shroud was more of a “oh kitten ” button than anything cause it doesn’t take much for a thief alone to take you out, add a guard, ele, or mes into the equation, hell even a warrior and now youre about to struggle to stay alive until you either kill them or someone on your team peels them off

Without even getting hit now shroud disappears too fast and everyone knows it

Matter of fact I co main a thief, my favorite targets were always necros because I knew that all I had to do was kite shroud and where it down, Now I know that I can wait to burst you with cd’s I used that to my advantage

I applied basic weapon pressure and waited for shroud, I literally only used 1 of my utilities and those necros’ probably had the same expression that dbz characters get when gokus hit so hard he reverts back to his base form

At that point I burst with the rest of my cd’s and necros is no more, this all takes place in a matter of seconds

It wasn’t that people were camping in shroud, its that shroud was necros’ only actual defensive measure

Now that its gone a necro doesn’t last long at all

true it is ne necro only defense and now is nerf to 50%

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Its not about camping, its about proper rotations. The nerf on vital persistence ruined the synergy with a lot of traits therefore delivering a big hit on a lot of builds. VP is also necessary to keep up with the current meta.

The Speed of Shadows nerf-to-end-all-nerfs was delivered quietly at the end of the Necro section.

This is what it used to do:

Increases movement speed while in shroud. Reduces recharge on shroud.

Miscellaneous effect.png Movement speed increase: 25%
Count Recharge.png Recharge Reduced: 30%

WHAT A MESS! Where’s the petition? Fire the balance team!

This nerf was worse than the VP nerf imho. Or rather, the nerf to SoS WITH the nerf to VP is just ridiculus. Not only do we have less shroud time, we lose the ability to access it more often.

The synergy with SoS and the other skills is what really hurts my playstyle.

I can no longer do small scale fights, so I’m back to standing on walls in WvW.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Its not about camping, its about proper rotations. The nerf on vital persistence ruined the synergy with a lot of traits therefore delivering a big hit on a lot of builds. VP is also necessary to keep up with the current meta.

The Speed of Shadows nerf-to-end-all-nerfs was delivered quietly at the end of the Necro section.

This is what it used to do:

Increases movement speed while in shroud. Reduces recharge on shroud.

Miscellaneous effect.png Movement speed increase: 25%
Count Recharge.png Recharge Reduced: 30%

WHAT A MESS! Where’s the petition? Fire the balance team!

This nerf was worse than the VP nerf imho. Or rather, the nerf to SoS WITH the nerf to VP is just ridiculus. Not only do we have less shroud time, we lose the ability to access it more often.

The synergy with SoS and the other skills is what really hurts my playstyle.

I can no longer do small scale fights, so I’m back to standing on walls in WvW.

I’m standing on walls too or in the middle of my zergs now. The loss of the 7 sec shroud synergy hurts really bad. Unless you have good team support like vT guild, it is terrible running a non old SoS build for roaming.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8