Flesh Wurm

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I was just wondering what the community thought about the idea of making “Summon Flesh Wurm” an instant cast skill. This way it would act as a more reliable gap maker/closer and the necromancer/reaper’s most reliable blast finisher. I just thought this would be a bit of a quality of life change and I wanted to get your ideas and opinions on it.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well in the past we often demanded a casttime reduction and they never did it so…

I dont see it happen that fleshwurm would be an instant cast. This would make it essentially a superior version of mesmer blink. Also Anet doesnt want necros do have good mobility (which an instant fleshwurm would undoubtfully be).

And you are misusing the term quality of life change, what you propose is an actual buff not a qol change.

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Famine.7915

Agreed. Not QoL but, one can always hope. Q.Q

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I might call it a QoL change to have the Blast finisher occur on your position pre-teleport rather than on the Wurm’s position. Could be considered a buff, perhaps, but it doesn’t actually add anything to the skill, rather making one portion more usable.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

I like this idea, but more for the actual functional teleport than the on demand blast finisher.

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

Lower cast time would just make everyone pop it instantly an only use it as a poor mans blink. I have a much more flavorful suggestion:
How about removing the LoS check on for “necrotic traversal” and setting the range to 10k? Like that it would become sort of a “1-man-mesmer-portal”. That means you can leave it behind in a strategical spot to quickly port back there. For counterplay someone could obviously just kill the wurm or maybe even baiting you into porting and ganking you. Also it would give the skill a little “wormhole” flavor.

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Lower cast time would just make everyone pop it instantly an only use it as a poor mans blink. I have a much more flavorful suggestion:
How about removing the LoS check on for “necrotic traversal” and setting the range to 10k? Like that it would become sort of a “1-man-mesmer-portal”. That means you can leave it behind in a strategical spot to quickly port back there. For counterplay someone could obviously just kill the wurm or maybe even baiting you into porting and ganking you. Also it would give the skill a little “wormhole” flavor.

I dont think that would ever happen. It would essentially mean if we prepare our fleshwurm correctly, we could disengage from any fight we want. And this goes completly against the Anet’s picture of necros. Sorry we are supposed to be the punching bag professions, so having reliable disengage is a no go….

That said i would gladly take such a change. It would make WvW roaming much easier. With such a change running from us would still be easy but atleast killing us would be alot harder. Though i already can see the whining about necros just vanishing in the middle of a fight.

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

This change would make me dust off my necro for roaming but it won’t happen because it directly contradicts aNet’s vision of necros:

- Slow cast skills
- Low mobility
- Few blast finishers

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think that aside from Blast occuring at feet of the caster and shorter creation time the teleport range being 1800 would make Flesh Wurm an interesting choice.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Famine.7915

Good input guys! I know Anet has their own vision of a Necromancer, but I don’t believe that their view can’t be wavered, especially with the game going through balance changed on a “regular” basis.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer