Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wow crazy. this is huge. i dont even know what to say.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Unlike a lot of the people here shopping at Hot Topic and painting their nails black, I was never under the impression that hope was lost. The real issue was that ANet was going in the right direction with Necro changes but far too slowly, and yes considering they’ve been giving us a lot of special attention in patches that otherwise don’t include anything big and also have responded to bad effects of their changes incredibly quickly I think it is a good sign of things to come.

^Pretty much this, they actually made me equip SoL for a while and try the new traits Curses XIII is great and Spite’s will see use in pve only if condition cap is improved, I like messing around with US. I’m surprised but I can be happy if future patches follow a similar path at a faster pace.

I will probably use it in my condition build.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Soulraping is such a good trait line , too many good traits…

LOL that typo

How did that even make it past the kitten police? lol. I like it though, let’s rename that traitline now.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Virtue of courage also has a trait “Indomitable Courage” that gives stability without breaking stuns. You needed the “Shielded Mind” trait also to get the stun break.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The added stun break definitely supports a condition build better and should increase the build variety, if I am not mistaken. This is a more significant buff than just adding another stack or two of stability because so many utilities took a back seat to those with stun breaks.

FitG is now a decent GM. Power builds that need more precision will still like what DP has to offer so FitG is not OP for 6 points in the crit line.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I was really sad the last patch had broken my build but now I am very happy this patch has improved it..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

What? A buff? Like a real buff?

Really?

I bet this is QQ’d about instantly.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

This is a massive buff. I’m quite surprised at this change and really happy. Having a stun break on such a low cool down is something we sorely needed. Will it be too powerful? Time will tell, but I see good things in our future.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Oh dear… Soul Reaping is becoming one of my favorite traitlines now >__>
So much good stuff to choose from!
This trait will make fighting other Necros a lot easier now… it breaks fears too

Earthshaker to the face? Not anymore.
Basilisk Venomed or Sleigh of Hand-dazed? Nuh huh.
Guardian hammer ring? No more.

This will definitely open up a lot more variety,
Ty Anet <3

Edit: Also when rangers push you back wish longbow… now you can just enter DS and dodge the burst :O
Also can avoid Slick Shoes from engis too when they surround you :o

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I did feel a bit clumsy using it, but I guess in time I will get adjusted to it

The biggest thing for me is to decide if I want to leave one stunbreak and swap it with another utility…

I saw someone opting for SoL, which is a good idea with the passive movement speed and the Lifesteal (it is quite alright) – though CPC might even see some uses here with its latest cooldown reduction…

Aaagh so many ideas… such a small change, yet so huge :P

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

Oh dear… Soul Reaping is becoming one of my favorite traitlines now >__>
So much good stuff to choose from!
This trait will make fighting other Necros a lot easier now… it breaks fears too

Earthshaker to the face? Not anymore.
Basilisk Venomed or Sleigh of Hand-dazed? Nuh huh.
Guardian hammer ring? No more.

This will definitely open up a lot more variety,
Ty Anet <3

Well we could still get Earthshaker’d in the face, but now we have more options on reacting to it

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I did feel a bit clumsy using it, but I guess in time I will get adjusted to it

The biggest thing for me is to decide if I want to leave one stunbreak and swap it with another utility…

I saw someone opting for SoL, which is a good idea with the passive movement speed and the Lifesteal (it is quite alright) – though CPC might even see some uses here with its latest cooldown reduction…

Aaagh so many ideas… such a small change, yet so huge :P

CPC still need backbone I recommend projectile denial which necro lacks, SoL is a decent extra but this patch can create space for it, I’m still sceptic I want to know if their review on balance will be progressive or 1 big thing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I don’t see why it’d be broken for a power build, it’s basically a choice with whether to use DS offensively or defensively.

If you’re referring to my post, I didn’t claim it was broken. I said it’d be broken if there were some way to get both FitG and DP in one build, but since they’re both GM traits it’s fine. I think it’s fairly elegant.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a change where a trait is at least made attractive.

But let’s not forget: THIS WAS A CORE FUNCTIONALITY of death shroud in beta that was removed, and only recently returned as a grandmaster trait.

Now, if they would revert the garbage Dark Path to the blink it used to be, it would help the necromancer a lot.

+1

It appears that we may end up coming full circle after all. And imo, if they swapped life with plague blast that deals about 60% less damage, then they wouldn’t even have to touch DS anymore.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Played with it a little bit in PvE…love it. And with the recent condition changes it doesn’t even affect my build that much, sure I loose dhuumfire but I used that as a filler trait anyways. Plus now I have a reason to actually invest in soulreaping as a condition necro, giving me so many more options. (Mainly WvW when I fight people, pvp is just sorta boring…and the community is terrible. >_>)

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Im really loving it on condi necro

06206 definetly worth it over greater marks/Reapers Protection.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only downside to this change?

Still can’t use it at Claw of Jormag.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Is there a cooldown on the stun break?

If not I think it really does open up some build diversity.

On condi (in pvp) I would run 2 6 0 0 6 now with this trait. Or at least try it.

This would allow you to get rid of spectral walk potentially and take signet of spite. Alternatively could run spectral wall.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Before you guys go crazy, make sure you test it out in ranked PvP. I think you’re somewhat over-reacting.

First, no power build will give up that much damage. Go ahead and record 1 hour of gameplay in ranked PvP and see how many times the stun break REALLY makes a difference versus all the damage you lost.

Second, with condi builds, you are seriously gimping yourself with so much in a trait line for life force pool and ferocity. You could actually argue that with 6 points in that trait line…you should get both master of terror AND soul marks. A Necro’s biggest weakness is zero life force at the start, so Soul Marks is necessary and Master of Terror might be better than a stun break on DS.

All this is debatable still, so you need to try it out before going crazy over a 6pt stun break.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It isn’t a 6pt stun break, it is a 2 pt stun break on a 10s CD that also provides stability to cover a second CC. You are already at least 4 deep in SR in basically every single condi build commonly run, so picking up FitG is only a “cost” of a death magic Major trait or SR trait.

We can’t honestly complain inncessantly about how Necromancers are ping pong balls that are awful because we get chain CCed, and then say that 2 points or some fear duration isn’t worth giving up to be able to nullify up to 2 CCs per 10 seconds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Jeebus, gonna have to rethink my wvw roamer

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Before you guys go crazy, make sure you test it out in ranked PvP. I think you’re somewhat over-reacting.

First, no power build will give up that much damage. Go ahead and record 1 hour of gameplay in ranked PvP and see how many times the stun break REALLY makes a difference versus all the damage you lost.

Second, with condi builds, you are seriously gimping yourself with so much in a trait line for life force pool and ferocity. You could actually argue that with 6 points in that trait line…you should get both master of terror AND soul marks. A Necro’s biggest weakness is zero life force at the start, so Soul Marks is necessary and Master of Terror might be better than a stun break on DS.

All this is debatable still, so you need to try it out before going crazy over a 6pt stun break.

I dont think people are overreacting. It isnt a game changer. But it does open build diversity because not having to pick up stun breakers can be a big deal. All pvp builds are constrained by having to have these stun break skills. There is potential down the line for this to have bigger impact than currently.

I mean theoritically you could run with zero stun break skills now. The problem with this is of course you need the wurm to get out of trouble more than to stun break. And our utilities are pretty terrible on the whole. The signets are almost all trash. The minions are trash. The wells are “meh” in pvp. So it will probably still be best to run corrupt boon, wurm and spectral walk. But you could get away with at least dropping 1 of the stun breaks now and taking signet of spite or something.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

Do you guys think its more useful to go 44006 for power builds now? We get the fury on DS minor trait to band-aid the crit chance loss from no more Death Perception, lose Close to Death from power, but get short CD stability and stunbreaks.

And I think 06206 is easily the way to go now for terror builds. You only have to give up Greater Marks or Reaper’s Protection.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

You shouldn’t be choosing your trait line by what stats they give. And it’s an easy choice over master of terror, that trait won’t do anything against most good players since they’re far more likely to break the stuns before the extra duration takes place. Plus it doesn’t always give another tick on every fear as far as I know.

You’re right that it isn’t going to break a stun every 10 seconds, but it will break a few and grant some short stability. In a few games tonight I didn’t notice a big improvement in any large fights but in 1 and 2 enemy encounters it did seem to make a difference. I do miss greater marks but I can learn not to spam marks when people are blocking again.

Agreed about power builds, I don’t think they can sacrifice the damage to still function.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Master of Terror actually is fine now that they added partial ticks. It can still lose its damage/CC because it was removed, but it will always add damage and CC doesn’t rely on ticks. Still not worth it over FitG though.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

You shouldn’t be choosing your trait line by what stats they give. And it’s an easy choice over master of terror, that trait won’t do anything against most good players since they’re far more likely to break the stuns before the extra duration takes place. Plus it doesn’t always give another tick on every fear as far as I know.

You’re right that it isn’t going to break a stun every 10 seconds, but it will break a few and grant some short stability. In a few games tonight I didn’t notice a big improvement in any large fights but in 1 and 2 enemy encounters it did seem to make a difference. I do miss greater marks but I can learn not to spam marks when people are blocking again.

Agreed about power builds, I don’t think they can sacrifice the damage to still function.

You may not care about the stats in the traits line, but don’t think everyone else gimps themselves that way. The stats actually impact you 100% of the time, so ignore them at your own peril.

Again, go record an hour of playtime in ranked PvP with the new trait and count how many times it makes a tangible difference. Think about the extra 100 stats in TWO other more applicable trait lines you are missing. Think about the other Grandmaster or Master trait you are losing.

BTW, if you actually watch yourself play for an hour, Master of Terror will make a big difference a lot of times. You should be using fear as your weapon as a condi necro, so it’s not just helping you with longer cc, but also more dmg from terror.

I know it’s nice theoretically to have a stun break every 9 seconds, but look at reality.

How are you building enough life force every 9 seconds? What is the opportunity cost of going in to DS where you can’t heal and many of your abilities/utilities are useless? You probably won’t have Dhumfire and your fear won’t last long, so look at all the damage you are giving up…it’s not that much less than what a power necromancer has to sacrifice to get just the occasional stun break/1 stack stability.

If you guys think it’s a big deal for what you sacrifice in stats and other traits, so be it. Frankly, I can’t believe a stunbreak/1 sec stability is a Grandmaster trait for a line giving Ferocity and LF pool stats.

I’m open to it being as exciting as some of you think, but I’m very skeptical until I test it thoroughly.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

It isn’t a 6pt stun break, it is a 2 pt stun break on a 10s CD that also provides stability to cover a second CC. You are already at least 4 deep in SR in basically every single condi build commonly run, so picking up FitG is only a “cost” of a death magic Major trait or SR trait.

We can’t honestly complain inncessantly about how Necromancers are ping pong balls that are awful because we get chain CCed, and then say that 2 points or some fear duration isn’t worth giving up to be able to nullify up to 2 CCs per 10 seconds.

I tend to agree. Necromancer’s other stun breaks are on such long cool downs that this one trait will free up one, maybe two, utility slots. The nerf to Wurm is more than made up for with this change in all but full MM tank builds. Now, players will not need to pick two or more stun break skills from signets, minions, spectral, whatever having no synergy between them.

For myself, I am eager to try out a spectral condi build without walk.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Master of Terror actually is fine now that they added partial ticks. It can still lose its damage/CC because it was removed, but it will always add damage and CC doesn’t rely on ticks. Still not worth it over FitG though.

Last time I checked, Fear did not tick for 75% damage if Iinflicted 1 3/4 seconds of fear. Unlike burning which sometimes ticked 600 or 200. Did they actually fix this?

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Last time I checked, Fear did not tick for 75% damage if Iinflicted 1 3/4 seconds of fear. Unlike burning which sometimes ticked 600 or 200. Did they actually fix this?

I checked earlier, didn’t seem to be fixed? I think soul marks > fear duration, and CC break is nice. I wish Scepter LF regen wasn’t the worst thing in the game.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

GoogleBrandon.5073

CPC still need backbone I recommend projectile denial which necro lacks, SoL is a decent extra but this patch can create space for it, I’m still sceptic I want to know if their review on balance will be progressive or 1 big thing.

I toyed around with CPC a while back (when the CD changed), and it was not that bad to be fair… You punish nearly every profession who seems to be dodge-happy in my tier of play, with an emphasis on Elementalist who love to spam dodges because of Evasive Arcana in Earth for a blast finisher… It is alright if you got perma-vigor and no one is there to annoy you, but once weakness comes into play, it is a lot less fun…

And of course the poison field making it hard(er) for professions who rely on sustained healing (Ele+War) to stay in the fight… I am not gonna say how many attempt to heal with poison on considering this condition is spammed like crazy thanks to the sigil of doom…

SoL is a good replacement for Spectral Walk imho
I think when opting for SoL or SoS, you could maybe go for 2/6/0/0/6 instead… Though dropping Staff Mastery would become really awkward after running it for so long >.>

Before you guys go crazy, make sure you test it out in ranked PvP. I think you’re somewhat over-reacting

I did not hop on the latest power-hype, since Condi is and will stay my thing I am afraid…
You are not gimping yourself by giving up either Reaper’s Protection or Greater Marks vs. Foot in the Grave – and none of these traits give extra life-force, so that is a non-issue…
You can overcome your need for Lifeforce rather easily by blowing up your worm at the start or opting for Spectral Armour and even offhand Warhorn – of which all these choices are still viable to pick even in conjuction with FitG
Soul marks is definately not needed within a condition build… It never was – you do not need full lifeforce as a Condition Necro, as it is mostly used either for condi spikes or simple defensive purposes… Of which, when focussed, you can better stay out of DS and let yourself be downed/killed instead, because you are delaying the inevitable while depraving yourself of your precious life-force…

FitG is a lot better than you give credit for – previously when you got CC’d and Flesh Wurm was out of reach or not casted yet, you could count your kitten on getting CC’d another time regardless if you popped S-Walk or not… While FitG gives you a bith more breathing room because of the stab, which is not much but it can just be the saving grace… Follow it up with Dark Path or when flashing DS, you can even escape in situations which seemed impossible before…

I have been using the previous itteration of FitG A lot in the past because of this very reason, only I had to use another stunbreak to get use out of the stab in a nasty situation… Now this is gone, so hence my “Overreacting”

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I haven’t used Foot in the Grave recently, but wouldn’t gaining stability stop being stunned anyway? I can’t think of any other skill that is instant cast, gives stability but isn’t a stunbreak. So…DS being an instant cast, is this now really different from a regular stunbreak before this patch?

Stability is not a stunbreaker. If the skill does not stay it breaks stun, then it does not.

Plague for instance is one of these skills, it gives stability but does not break stun, another one is guardian’s traited Virtue of Courage, to make that break stun you need a 2nd trait.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

Dont want to sound all negative but enjoy it fully while it lasts coz you wanna bet it will get internal CD soon?

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Not worth it imo.
You need to replace either PoC or GM/RP. The thing is, PoC corrupts 2 boons on top of the chill and bleeding , aka very nice
GM gives your marks the unblockable effect (good vs medi guard healing/engineer gear shield/goes through aegis)

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

GoogleBrandon.5073

Replacing PoC? Why?
If anything, it does not even compete on the same level…

Also, Greater Marks is not a must… It is handy, for sure, but you can easily work and live without it, heck, not even too long ago people took RP over Greater Marks regardless, whereas RP actually competes against FitG more than any other trait…

Besides, I’d rather be universally defensive in the form of having a quick accessible stunbreak than having the situational Greater Marks , which will not help you survive in any way… But that is just me really – I can see why someone would disagree

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

You may not care about the stats in the traits line, but don’t think everyone else gimps themselves that way. The stats actually impact you 100% of the time, so ignore them at your own peril.

Again, go record an hour of playtime in ranked PvP with the new trait and count how many times it makes a tangible difference. Think about the extra 100 stats in TWO other more applicable trait lines you are missing. Think about the other Grandmaster or Master trait you are losing.

BTW, if you actually watch yourself play for an hour, Master of Terror will make a big difference a lot of times. You should be using fear as your weapon as a condi necro, so it’s not just helping you with longer cc, but also more dmg from terror.

I know it’s nice theoretically to have a stun break every 9 seconds, but look at reality.

How are you building enough life force every 9 seconds? What is the opportunity cost of going in to DS where you can’t heal and many of your abilities/utilities are useless? You probably won’t have Dhumfire and your fear won’t last long, so look at all the damage you are giving up…it’s not that much less than what a power necromancer has to sacrifice to get just the occasional stun break/1 stack stability.

If you guys think it’s a big deal for what you sacrifice in stats and other traits, so be it. Frankly, I can’t believe a stunbreak/1 sec stability is a Grandmaster trait for a line giving Ferocity and LF pool stats.

I’m open to it being as exciting as some of you think, but I’m very skeptical until I test it thoroughly.

I already said it’s not going to proc all the time, I don’t understand the diatribe. You also tried to explain a lot of super simple necro things that I already understand, so thanks I guess? But I got it.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I find it really easy to drop Greater Marks for Foot in the Grave now. Greater Marks is only any help against 2 professions: Guardians and Engineers. And if an Engineer is blocking, he’s not doing anything I care about interrupting with Reaper’s Mark anyway.

Is the ability to better handle one profession worth a utility slot and better protection against all CC? I don’t think so.

I’m a Geeleiver

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I find it really easy to drop Greater Marks for Foot in the Grave now. Greater Marks is only any help against 2 professions: Guardians and Engineers. And if an Engineer is blocking, he’s not doing anything I care about interrupting with Reaper’s Mark anyway.

Is the ability to better handle one profession worth a utility slot and better protection against all CC? I don’t think so.

Greater Marks does so much more than allow you to fear someone who’s blocking.
To me it seems just as reasonable that someone would drop Path of Corruption for FitG, or not change to FitG at all.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Probably not as big a deal in spvp but this was sorely needed in wvw. Will have to adjust timing on using shroud now until after hit (used to be proactive as stabilty; as a stun break its reactive…) but it is definately helping.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Greater Marks does so much more than allow you to fear someone who’s blocking.
To me it seems just as reasonable that someone would drop Path of Corruption for FitG, or not change to FitG at all.

Since the baseline mark increase, the size increase isn’t that helpful. So yes, the trait really does only help against those two.

I’m a Geeleiver

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I think the trait is slightly overrated but I only played a handful of games with it – Definitely needs more testing

One thing is for sure – I would NEVER give up PoC for this trait

Greater Marks is literally one of the worst major traits in the game – It makes 4 skills unblockable at a cost of 4 trait points which is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be merged with staff mastery

Every other profession simply has the skill as unblockable without a trait

We already have a bunch of unblockable skills including DS#2/5 Corrupt Boon Warhorn #4

Way over budget for a trait that literally works against two professions – I can wait for the block to end or use one of my other unblockable skills

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Since the baseline mark increase, the size increase isn’t that helpful. So yes, the trait really does only help against those two.

Greater Marks is literally one of the worst major traits in the game

Sorry, but both of you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Greater Marks is literally one of the worst major traits in the game

Sorry, but both of you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Elaborate, then. I explained my reasoning for why I find it easy to give up for Foot in the Grave. Other than against Guardians, I don’t see much use for the trait; nobody else blocks enough for the unblockable portion to be worthwhile, and the radius increase is not critical in most fights either. Comparatively, a stunbreak and a freed utility slot are much more valuable.

Anyone aside from a Guardian that is blocking isn’t doing anything but blocking during that time, meaning you have nothing to worry about interrupting.

I’m a Geeleiver

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Narkodx.1472

We already had this discussion

Flow has a fetish with the staff

Quite comical really

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I could see how greater marks’ radius may make dodging through it more difficult or grabbing the regen easier but would not mind seeing some of staff’s traits combined. Staff mastery could stay where it is but two of the others could be combined.

I keep thinking signets has only the adept in Spite and could really use a GM trait with CD reduction based on the number equipped. Combining staff traits could make room.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I’ve found myself really enjoying greater marks, I think it is a pretty good trait. I mostly think it’s great for cutting down on misses or failures of putrid mark. But that being said, new foot in the grave is way worth giving up greater marks for. Even if it breaks one stun a minute, that’s a huge improvement. Plus all the stability it can give.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

flow.6043

We already had this discussion

Flow has a fetish with the staff

Quite comical really

You call it fetish, I call it skill and knowledge that you apparently don’t have.

Elaborate, then. I explained my reasoning for why I find it easy to give up for Foot in the Grave. Other than against Guardians, I don’t see much use for the trait; nobody else blocks enough for the unblockable portion to be worthwhile, and the radius increase is not critical in most fights either. Comparatively, a stunbreak and a freed utility slot are much more valuable.

First of all, you have to take an entire build into consideration.
Personally I don’t have any points in Soul Reaping, so diverting 6 points even if I’d get 30% more life force and Last Gasp along with that FitG stunbreak would just cripple my build to the point were it’s not worth it in the slightest.
Now, the 06404 meta vs a 0XX06 condi build. I won’t even discuss how crucial life force management for these builds is and how this would inevitably interact with the ability to use the stunbreak vs preserving your lf for defense in foresight of how a fight is going to develope. Also, every fight can be so different that even then it’s impossible to make a blanket statement like one trait always being better than the other.
Therefore an additional corrupted boon with Path of Corruption can have a much bigger impact than a stunbreak. It doesn’t even have to be stability, it could be as minor as turning swiftness into cripple or regen into poison.

So, Greater Marks, it’s not like I haven’t written this in many other threads before but here it goes again:

1. Unblockable. Anyone who says something along the lines of “this is only helpful against class X in this very specific situation…” just outed themselves as shortsighted.
There are tons of blocking skills spread over all classes, not to mention an abundance of aegis.
You might say, well no big deal I’ll just use an auto attack to get rid of the block or wait and then go on doing my usual thing… again, shortsighted. Minor details like this have huge impacts on fights, the utility of marks, the timing of skills that work in synergy with them, having to delay any of that or making any of it miss because of a block completely changes a fight.

2. The size.
First of all, the incease of the base size of marks just made Greater Marks not mandatory when using a staff because 120 radius was just laughably small.
Now it’s 180 which is actually decent. However, 240 is still an 78% area increase.
The most obvious advantage here would be that you’re always going to do more damage in teamfights because you’re hitting targets that you simply wouldn’t hit without Greater Marks.
But the true hero is additional utility: higher range, not just at 1440 distance but being able to hit targets around corners or on ledges or whereever they are hiding to avoid line of sight. Then there’s the 300 radius poison field, aoe regeneration and most importantly the 300 radius blast finisher. I can’t emphasize enough how good it is to combo blast targets that are standing up to 300 units outside of combo fields.

So like I said, it’s impossible to make a blanket statement about what is better in general, which is why it’s absolutely not an obvious choice and perfectly understandable why someone would choose one over the other.
And when someone says “Greater Marks is literally one of the worst major traits in the game” they lose all credibility with me.

(edited by flow.6043)

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Narkodx.1472

Your opinion is no more credible than anyone else’s regardless of the size of your wall of text

You have accomplished nothing in PvP like the rest of us – What team are you on again?

Greater Marks is overrated like you

:D

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Greater Marks is literally one of the worst major traits in the game – It makes 4 skills unblockable at a cost of 4 trait points which is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be merged with staff mastery

Originally those traits were 1 trait, but were split because it was too “OP”.

Regarding this entire “what to remove for FitG” debate:
The core of a terrormancer is x/4/x/x/4 – you have 6 points to move around. It’s either Dhuumfire, which takes up all the 6, or PoC, which leaves 4 “optional” that usually goes into death magic.

You only need 2 to add FitG to the core build, so it’s definitely doable with the classic x/6/x/x/4 setup of PoC without giving up anything that would otherwise be mandatory.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

flow.6043

What a great rebuttal, sir. Let me slow-clap for you while I collect my thoughts…

Your opinion is no more credible than anyone else’s regardless of the size of your wall of text

At least that wall of text displays some form of coherent thought. The least you could do is extend us the same courtesy instead of spouting such ignorant nonsense.

You have accomplished nothing in PvP like the rest of us – What team are you on again?

Greater Marks is overrated like you

Well which is it? Am I a nobody or overrated?

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Personal battles are boring so take it to Pms, as it does not add to the discussion. Express you opinion on the traits as that is useful but I don’t want to wade through the bs surrounding your personal battles.

Foot in Grave Stunbreak!

in Necromancer

Narkodx.1472

Personal battles are boring so take it to Pms, as it does not add to the discussion. Express you opinion on the traits as that is useful but I don’t want to wade through the bs surrounding your personal battles.

Agreed problem is flow thinks his opinions are superior to others and says people “have no idea what they are talking about”