I faced a 30/30/10 necro on my thief in WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Here, let me do a little comparison between necro and thief:

Necro
-A ton of powerful AoE abilities that are easy to hit a thief through stealth with
-Highest health pool in game
-DS: A form in which you have access to massive ranged and AoE burst abilities as well as being temporarily invulnerable to damage to your normal health pool
-Condition cleansing: A heal that removes all condis, Staff #4, Plague signet, a well that flips condis to boons
-Conditions: Access to every condition in the game other than confusion on low cool down skills that already do decent direct damage.

Thief:

-Almost no AoE
-Lowest health pool in the game
-Stealing: Gap closer with decent special attack
-Condition cleansing: Stealth, 1 every 3 seconds.
-Conditions: Other than venoms, thief conditions are mostly either blinds or bleeding, blind fields are small and easy to avoid, bleeds are easy to wipe.

If you are losing to a thief in 1v1 situations on a necro, you need to reexamine your build.

I’ve spent twice as much time on my necro as my thief, but when I hear people actually complaining about thief I find it ridiculous. SO WHAT if the class can ‘run away’, if a thief runs away that means you were beating him, obviously. It’s the freaking assassin/rogue class of GW2, that means it should be more mobile than the other classes.

Necromancer’s burst is out of control right now. Unlike thief, it requires absolutely no positioning or special conditions (like heartseeker needing 50% health to be effective). A necromancer with life force can wait for a thief to strike, hit DS 3 and then hit DS 1 for a -7K- hit and the thief is already at half health (or below if burning/terror damage is part of the build). Even if a thief manages to stealth his way up to a necromancer and hit him for a 10k backstab (highly improbably), that’s a smaller percentage of the necro’s health than what I just described the necro being able to do.

So you hit 7k with DS 1 while having condition damage for burning and fear damage and terror trait ?… Can you teach me how to get 80 talent points as well ?…
You need 25 stacks of might to hit people 7ks with DS 1, and of course full glass cannon, which means no terror… no condition damage for burning.

If necromancer could do what you say… i would AoE kill everyone my friend… i will team up with 4 other necromancers i know, and we’ll remake the movie 300…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

@OP GTFO!!!
Thiefs are the most OP classes ever with there perma stealth. Killing al the siege, players without any counter.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

If necromancer could do what you say… i would AoE kill everyone my friend… i will team up with 4 other necromancers i know, and we’ll remake the movie 300…

Rangers: Our arrows will block out the sun!
Necros: Then we will fight in the Shroud.

Necro: Air, Earth, Fire and Water? You’ll find plenty of em when downed.
(dhuumfires, chillblains, grasping dead and wail of dooms ele)
Elementalist: No profession, Necro or Engie, can condi burst a Ele!
Necro: You shame the life force from my fellow servants of grenth with your sustain. You insult conditions. You threaten my minions to turn them into elementals! Oh, I’ve chosen my words carefully, Ele. Perhaps you should have done the same!
(Terror burst that got blocked by armor of earth)
Elementalist: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
Necro: Madness…?
(casts lich)
Necro: This is LICH FORM!
(instagibs ele)

And ofc:
NECROMANCERS! Ready your minions and trait your wells… For tonight, we fight in the underworld!

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aupheus.9038

Aupheus.9038

Here, let me do a little comparison between necro and thief:

Necro
-A ton of powerful AoE abilities that are easy to hit a thief through stealth with
-Highest health pool in game
-DS: A form in which you have access to massive ranged and AoE burst abilities as well as being temporarily invulnerable to damage to your normal health pool
-Condition cleansing: A heal that removes all condis, Staff #4, Plague signet, a well that flips condis to boons
-Conditions: Access to every condition in the game other than confusion on low cool down skills that already do decent direct damage.

Thief:

-Almost no AoE
-Lowest health pool in the game
-Stealing: Gap closer with decent special attack
-Condition cleansing: Stealth, 1 every 3 seconds.
-Conditions: Other than venoms, thief conditions are mostly either blinds or bleeding, blind fields are small and easy to avoid, bleeds are easy to wipe.

If you are losing to a thief in 1v1 situations on a necro, you need to reexamine your build.

I’ve spent twice as much time on my necro as my thief, but when I hear people actually complaining about thief I find it ridiculous. SO WHAT if the class can ‘run away’, if a thief runs away that means you were beating him, obviously. It’s the freaking assassin/rogue class of GW2, that means it should be more mobile than the other classes.

Necromancer’s burst is out of control right now. Unlike thief, it requires absolutely no positioning or special conditions (like heartseeker needing 50% health to be effective). A necromancer with life force can wait for a thief to strike, hit DS 3 and then hit DS 1 for a -7K- hit and the thief is already at half health (or below if burning/terror damage is part of the build). Even if a thief manages to stealth his way up to a necromancer and hit him for a 10k backstab (highly improbably), that’s a smaller percentage of the necro’s health than what I just described the necro being able to do.

It doesnt help to list up everything that makes a Necro powerful with an imaginary build and then short it all down to DS with hyped up numbers. IF you play a Necro as much as you claim to do you should know that what you are saying is not possible what so ever.

It’s sad that everything comes down to theory numbers, this destroy the classes one by one by nerfs. Thief, mesmer, ranger x 2, elementalist. They all got booted several times by now. Finally the Necro got some juice and people pops up and proceed the theory number nerf support.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Rangers: Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Necro: You shame the life force from my fellow servants of grenth with your sustain. You insult conditions. You threaten my minions to turn them into elementals! Oh, I’ve chosen my words carefully, Ele. Perhaps you should have done the same!
(casts lich)
(instagibs ele)

And ofc:
NECROMANCERS! Ready your minions and trait your wells… For tonight, we fight in the underworld!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… oh my god, i had to laugh… breath… write…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Rangers: Our arrows will block out the sun!

(casts lich)
(instagibs ele)

And ofc:

^And with this my day is made

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… oh my god, i had to laugh… breath… write…

Thank you, thank you very much, Remember to read the lines as followed:
Necro: Manly raspy voice with a slight hint of a tween perverts hentai desire – all in MANLY BOLD! (for reference look up Fate Zero Iskandar; Baron Rivendare from WoW, anything manly voiced by Jamieson Price and then use their japenese equivalents for the funny segments)
Ranger: Macho flexing throat voice with effects just like your sylvari got kitten d by spiders, i mean “hit by” spiders (seriously that is some moaning from a male character…)
- you know dan from street fighter right?
Elementalist: Pipsquickish voice with a slightly asian racist but rich tone – Rememberu to repuerto bots, toxic plajuas (for reference go watch keyoris game of weebs lol videos)

in Necromancer

Benji.9203

Elementalist: Pipsquickish voice with a slightly asian racist but rich tone – Rememberu to repuerto bots, toxic plajuas (for reference go watch keyoris game of weebs lol videos)

…….I’m an ele……

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yadeniel.9310

Yadeniel.9310

It should go back to where a Thief can hit a necro for 23k dam while in stun. Stay invis so can’t be attacked to finish him off without taking any dam.

Also, why did they fix the necro’s 1200 range, it was way more fair when a thief could just sit out of range of a necro & dps them down without taking any damage.

Why did they make ‘Brakes Stun’ less than 1min CD now?

It’s good that a necro only has fear to save them while downed, That way stability or Invis is a nice cheap 100% promised stomp.

Necro’s actually being able to do damage back… What crazy world is this?!!

What this guy said, +1

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

…….I’m an ele……

Doughnuto wurry, all great, asian dad be proudo vere much!
(all of it is a joke ofc).

in Necromancer

Benji.9203

…….I’m an ele……

Doughnuto wurry, all great, asian dad be proudo vere much!
(all of it is a joke ofc).

q.q
……

(I know XD)

in Necromancer

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

So what exactly is the 30/30/10 Necro burst build? :o

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Blaine, let me get this straight:

“After all the things this class has been through… you guys don’t want to enjoy a bit of OPness (if any ?). Have some fun… we were underpowered for a while now… [/quote]I have rarely felt particularly underpowered on my Necro. And I’d rather we be balanced than OP. I don’t mind making the most of specs that are supposedly UP, but it always makes me feel dirty playing something I know is OP, like every victory I have has been stolen from me before I even get them because the deck was stacked so heavily in my favor.”

what delicious irony it is then, for you to play a thief.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

what delicious irony it is then, for you to play a thief.

Venomshare dont count right? (since my thief is one…)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I don’t even use burning in my builds… and while i do agree that it would benefit the overall balance a lot more if the combo burning + bleeding + terror gets a bit of nerfed and we get some anti-focus survivability instead… all the threads that just ask for necromancer nerf get to me.

I don’t sPvP so I haven’t run into any jerkwads like that, but I’ve played Lux (LoL) for almost two years now so I can relate. When I first started playing her, I got harassed for trying to take her mid because she’s all skillshots so it’s too easy for her to miss all her damage. Fast forward to a few months ago, and suddenly she’s OP, super easy to use, can kill anyone from anywhere.

I have nothing against you, you seem like a decent fellow… but these threads, and the whispers… anyway, sorry if it came out a bit strong.

No worries!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

The real problem they said necromancer is “borderline OP” in the rare situations when everything “clicks in” and you have AoE burning + AoE bleeds and you drop AoE fear on top… you can wipe a team…

Yes… no character should be able to do that, that is OP.

The second problem is that while that is very strong vs multiple in the rare occasions it happens, but doesn’t make it any different in 1v1, it’s something that is really strong if it clicks, and while it shouldn’t do that vs multiple… perhaps it should do that vs 1 target…

Third problem would be that ArenaNet wants us to be an attrition class with low mobility and high attrition, which i totally agree with… i don’t think we should be given mobility and stability and be turned into an elementalist… So we have Death Shroud to compensate for our lack of mobility.
Here’s the catch… a thief goes into stealth to escape 1 player or 5 players, a mesmer goes distorted to escape 1 player or 5 players, an engineer eats an elixir to escape 1 player or 5 players… guardian becomes invulnerable.

A necromancer can absorb damage from 1 player to escape… dies instantly from 5… if DS is to be used to compensate for that, it would be either too much for 1v1 and enough for 1v multiple, or not enough for 1v multiple…

Now add the lack of mobility and stability / escape mechanisms… and we have the perfect class to be focused. No chance = free kill = GG.

The only way i see this getting fixed is with additional mechanics vs being focused… like Reaper’s Protection moved somewhere more accessible and have an additional effect such as: “Resets in 90 seconds AND resets every 3-4-5 consecutive CCs done in 90 seconds under 90 seconds”… therefor DS remains the same and doesn’t imbalance 1v1, and focus fireing gets punished…

Or capping the amount of life-force you can lose to a set max rate per second no matter how many people are attacking you while in Death Shroud. That would give a closer approximation of the invulnerability/avoidance mechanics that other classes get.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Or capping the amount of life-force you can lose to a set max rate per second no matter how many people are attacking you while in Death Shroud. That would give a closer approximation of the invulnerability/avoidance mechanics that other classes get.

Ooo, that’s a very interesting thought. Very interesting indeed. You may want to start a different thread so the idea doesn’t stay burried here. Something like that could actually solve a lot of the 1vX problems Necros have without giving us a bunch of Stability, Vigor, and mobility.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Thanks Andele.1306 for the laugh, that was good!

As for the rest, whenever you come up with a fighting scenario, please stop pretending you are fighting someone that is afk or without stunbreaks….

infantrydiv.1620

Things aren’t that simple on neither side, I have a thief and main a Necromancer. It isn’t always the 1 2 3 situations…. A skillful thief can kill a necromancer just like a skillful necromancer can kill a thief, and if both were quite skillful, you will see an interesting fight that wont be short.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rab.5304

Rab.5304

I faced a 30/30/10 necro on my phant/cond mesmer in WvW…

It caught me offguard initially, i shut em down and ran, rethought my utils, came back, we fought for 5-10 minutes, neither of us making any real progress towards finishing the job… there was an unspoken, mutual agreement to disengage eventually, and we both trotted along on our merry ways…

so umm.. yes, nerf these cursed necros, for i was unable to kill one! OP OP OP!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Hope they nerf thief stealth(by increasing cooldowns) too.