Is plague form good in pvp?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I am not sure it is anymore. There is so much damage and every power class now seems to do condi damage (ele, warrior mesmer). And Plague form is obviously weak vs conditions. So I am not convinced being in plague form actually makes you very tanky at all.

What do you guys think? At the moment the only use for it I see is to stomp or res but even then with corrupt boon, mesmer shatter boon removal, thief steal stability….it is still really unreliable.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Still makes you unbelievably tanky due to pulsing Blind and the massive Vitality increase.

It’s a great teamfight elite, not so good for anything else.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: DonEllz.6312

DonEllz.6312

Its very good! Constant poison and blind/weakness depending on what skill you use. Also gives a safe stomp and pretty much safe res if you spam blind with it. Bunker guards hate poison when its permanent with 3 guys beating down on him/her.

Its Not Apho – Necromancer – Callous Philosophy [LaG] – Anguîsh [Ash]

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I don’t think it’s very reliable for tpvp. Would much rather have golem or lich.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I have not been fond of plague form in Tpvp as of late. I usually only use it to get a stomp or rez off. It sometimes helps me stay alive in a 2v1 while i wait for team support, but as a necro I never want to be an a 2v1 situation anyway.

Condi necro is so much more effective when they are not in plague form.

I almost just want to take lich form for a condi build so I ckittene #5 for Huge boon strip/condi cleanse real quick. still stomp and rez hmhmm….No I can’t people will make fun of me :C

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

LOL btw you can’t say the words can and use next to each other because it spells an/us

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

Its very good! Constant poison and blind/weakness depending on what skill you use. Also gives a safe stomp and pretty much safe res if you spam blind with it. Bunker guards hate poison when its permanent with 3 guys beating down on him/her.

Pretty sure u cant use the blind when stomping can you? The problem is people play around it. You go plague and warrior just goes away from you and longbows you with burning you cant remove and bleeds, or an engi does the same. Plague form makes you less tanky if they are applying conditions – or so it seems.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Pretty sure u cant use the blind when stomping can you? The problem is people play around it. You go plague and warrior just goes away from you and longbows you with burning you cant remove and bleeds, or an engi does the same. Plague form makes you less tanky if they are applying conditions – or so it seems.

Plague still pulses even when stomping or rezzing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Plague is still very good yes, but it isn’t so good its an instant-take (which is great). You take it for two main reasons in PvP, for the ability to hold point if needed, and to secure stomps.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I almost just want to take lich form for a condi build so I ckittene #5 for Huge boon strip/condi cleanse real quick. still stomp and rez hmhmm….No I can’t people will make fun of me :C

You can lich-stomp and I youll generate more wtf and cheers than laughter if you pull it off

+the full CD has been fixed

Back on topic, Id say we cant afford plague anymore You got so many bad matchups as a necro that extra 2s CC is needed and it still mostly isnt enough.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

I’m not the most experienced necro but I agree, as much as I love plague I find myself getting stuck without my fleshies cc too much

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

You can lich-stomp and I youll generate more wtf and cheers than laughter if you pull it off

Back on topic, Id say we cant afford plague anymore You got so many bad matchups as a necro that extra 2s CC is needed and it still mostly isnt enough.

How do you lich stomp? 0-0 it has a cast time, so you can’t cast it while stomping…

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

How do you lich stomp? 0-0 it has a cast time, so you can’t cast it while stomping…

It’s like shroud stomping from what I understand.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Same way you plague stomp or shroud stomp. Just practice the timing of it but you almost want to press them both at the same time.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

kitten gonna try that out ASAP, seems so awesome.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I can’t life without plague form any more. I used to run with the golem and in a 1v1 situation the golem, if it doesn’t bug out, helps you more than plague form. But I have held so many times a point for a long time, so that my allies can arrive, with plague form.

When I see the fight going down (either I am about to loose 1v1 or my opponents out man me) I activate plague form with the blind and try to keep as many of them in the circle as possible. When the plague form is over or I am about to die I quickly change into death shroud to gain some more seconds. Sometimes I even manage to down one or two this way, but its not common.

It can be increadibly strong in PvP. Also it allows save ressing and finishing. Only disadvantage is the long cool down. But it’s a very strong skill, so the cool down is okay imho.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

I can’t life without plague form any more. I used to run with the golem and in a 1v1 situation the golem, if it doesn’t bug out, helps you more than plague form. But I have held so many times a point for a long time, so that my allies can arrive, with plague form.

When I see the fight going down (either I am about to loose 1v1 or my opponents out man me) I activate plague form with the blind and try to keep as many of them in the circle as possible. When the plague form is over or I am about to die I quickly change into death shroud to gain some more seconds. Sometimes I even manage to down one or two this way, but its not common.

It can be increadibly strong in PvP. Also it allows save ressing and finishing. Only disadvantage is the long cool down. But it’s a very strong skill, so the cool down is okay imho.

I use it in the same way. Getting stomps to rally 2 people is very clutch. Golem gives a huge advantage 1v1 over plague form.

I just think plague form doesnt actually sustain you very well vs certain comps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: okalevi.2917

okalevi.2917

If you want to stay alive for a long period of time, Plague is amazing, but it shines more when you’re up against more than one player. In a 1v2, for example, it can keep you alive on the point long enough for your teammates to come help you and turn the tide. There are examples above for uses in a team fight situation.

Plague does very little damage, so in a 1v1 it is much more limited in usage — you’d probably be better off trying to kill the enemy instead. I mainly use Flesh Golem in sPvP due to my build and current playstyle. In the end it really depends on your style of play and the composition of your team.

Remember also that you can cancel your form early if you feel that you’re getting hit too hard by conditions.

Okale Refor | Tater Spudbringer | Boops Boops | Hot Like Tater Tot

Officer of Flux Capacity [FLUX] – http://fluxcapacity.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well it may be more of a troll build in spvp but plague from+chilling darkness+massive chill duration is fun as hell. Sadly chillmancer dont work well in conquest mode…