Marauder vs Soldier MM Reaper ( PvE )

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Apparently…

Marauder: Power, Precision, Ferocity, Vitality.
Crusader: Power, Toughness, Ferocity, Healing Power.
Wanderer: Power, Vitality, Toughness, Concentration.
Minstrel: Toughness, Healing Power, Vitality, Concentration.
Commander: Power, Precision, Toughness, Concentration
Viper’s: Power, Condi, Precision, Expertise
Trailblazer: Toughness, Condi, Vitality, Expertise
Vigilant: Power, Tougness, Concentration, Expertise

As vitality scales very well with our shroud , I hardly can ignore this amazing stat. I used to have soldier gear for my MM ( using Reaper\DM\BM ), as a new stat came out (Marauder) . Combining Staff\GS , will increasing power\precision\ferocity worth sacrificing toughness ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mobius.7041

Mobius.7041

Honestly Marauder doesn’t seem so stellar to me. It gives less Power/Ferocity for more Precision/Vitality. It might be decent as armor, but for trinkets in general I’d say Berserker/Berserker+Valkyrie are still better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

For PvE you’d still run Berserker, or whatever next highest damage with the minimum defenses to survive.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

For PvE you’d still run Berserker, or whatever next highest damage with the minimum defenses to survive.

There isn’t much difference between Marauder & zerker , is there ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Mobius.7041

Yeah, but full Berserker Reaper is a waste of stats with Decimate Defense. A mix of Berserker and Valkyrie is your best bet IMO.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

Running berserker may give you the option of using Soul Eater instead of Decimate Defense in situations where you will be fully buffed, but I’ve not run the numbers to check if that actually is the case. It’s still fairly narrow however, most of the time you will end up using dd when dps matters.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

Yes, I’m wearing Valkyrie armor and half marauder half berserker trinkets and I still have 40% Crit Chance on my Base AND tons of Vitality on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There isn’t much difference between Marauder & zerker , is there ?

Marauder has, imo, a worse allocation of stats. Not by a ton mind you, but you don’t need vitality as PvE MM really, it is the worst of the defensive stats for you, and you give up damage for it. Take Valk until you don’t die to mobs, then berserker, and slowly swap in more berserker until you are at the point where you can survive mobs while having the least defensive stats possible.

Yeah, but full Berserker Reaper is a waste of stats with Decimate Defense. A mix of Berserker and Valkyrie is your best bet IMO.

Reaper MM isn’t going to have great Decimate Defenses synergy, you won’t be stacking up huge vuln since you can’t afford to go Spite, and you can’t camp RS 1 paired with Soul Reaping (if you even have that line as an MM). So your vuln is extremely limited. You also have no fury, so you are going to need the base crit chance. Valk is a much better option for normal Reaper for sure, with enough berserker to get your crit chance to cap, but that doesn’t apply to Reaper MM.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Mobius.7041

Reaper MM isn’t going to have great Decimate Defenses synergy, you won’t be stacking up huge vuln since you can’t afford to go Spite, and you can’t camp RS 1 paired with Soul Reaping (if you even have that line as an MM). So your vuln is extremely limited. You also have no fury, so you are going to need the base crit chance. Valk is a much better option for normal Reaper for sure, with enough berserker to get your crit chance to cap, but that doesn’t apply to Reaper MM.

Yes, you’re right, I forgot he was asking for MM Reaper.