New necromancer skills 2013.. SUGGESTIONS ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

You’ve all read about the big updates, that will still happen in 2013, one of those updates: new traits and skills for all profession, any ideas for my precious necro ? ;$
I want : new minion

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

I want

to be taken into dungeons all the way to the end, not kicked for being a necromancer

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: shaggy.8123

shaggy.8123

I want

to be taken into dungeons all the way to the end, not kicked for being a necromancer

Uhm… i think you found weird mates to play dungeons with, really.., or you don’t play it well for now

in Necromancer

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

who wants to take a necro into arah anymore?

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Wow kicked from a dung for being a necro.. I do arah daily with necro, just show them you can handle it..

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I do dungeons via MM necro , I save my party ( by being the last man standing ).
I wish that Anet add new weapon ( Torch ) that allow us to summon 2 AOE flaming minions.
And for God’s sake , give us cleave attacks ( dagger ) !!!

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Agreed. Or a brand new one, Scythe for close combat Melee but more then 1 target but cleave for dagger is good to

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Necro is fun enough to play, but i want:
1. New minion or skins (ugly, bleh)
2. Some elite skill for PvE condition mancer (plague is too situative and in 90% time completely unnecessary to use)
3. And of course necro-style legendary weapon

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

They said in a recent interview Anet said that there might be even a year until we get new skills (every skill)

I just want a MAIN hand torch that actually doesnt apply any burning. Any cool green fire skills siphoning life force/health, with some strange mobility (not just boring swiftness, ACTUAL mobility) would be sick. Or just give us greatswords, that would be great.

(edited by Heartlust.6140)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Spiteful Spirit (and rename the sodding trait, its; in a rich racist Asian dad voice; “bringu sham to famely”), Grenths Balance, Blood Bond, Blood Renewal, Spoil Victor, All of the order skills.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xrisomilia.5769

xrisomilia.5769

Lol greatsword on a necro would be awsome….Think of a greatsword scythe autoattack that would “harvest” lifeforce. OMG!!! That would be epic!!! Or a mesmer like greatsword !!!!

Proud member of eMoa(FSP)
Hells Blossom (main Necro)
Devine Fury (Mesmer-Roamer) [OMFG Member]

(edited by xrisomilia.5769)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

New minions, both on off-hand weapons and on utility slots. Need Jagged Horrors that you can actually summon without trait/lich, condi minions, and tank/self sustain minions. Vampiric Horror that life steals for itself, a minion with really high eHP and low DPS, minions that give more condition damage based utility.

Also I want to see Orders (like auras but based on attacking), and HP cost skills.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

New minions, both on off-hand weapons and on utility slots. Need Jagged Horrors that you can actually summon without trait/lich, condi minions, and tank/self sustain minions. Vampiric Horror that life steals for itself, a minion with really high eHP and low DPS, minions that give more condition damage based utility.

Also I want to see Orders (like auras but based on attacking), and HP cost skills.

Best suggestions in the entire topic

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

How about more DS options?

• F1: Offensive DS (you call noobs and insult everyone :P)
  • F2: Control/Defensive DS (leaps and more ways to survive which is highly needed)
  • F3: Support DS (healing and boons so we become more useful on parties and zergs)

This also will make true the description of the necromancer on the character creation screen.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Not necessarily towards the idea of separate shrouds in general (it could be cool), but we aren’t going to get much mobility (leaps) or boons. Its just opposite to the class. The Support DS would essentially be Control DS (immob, fear, cripple, chill, weakness, blind, anything that makes the enemy less able to kill teammates, instead of making teammates harder to kill; debuffing enemies not buffing allies).

In a way, there is no such thing as a non-offensive Necro setup.

I wouldn’t mind more shrouds though, if they were actually well balanced, but I have a feeling it would be very difficult to balance. That is an extra 5 abilities added on top of our base.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So many unrealistic suggestions.

Bhawbs suggestions are good and possible though.

Ive mentioned it before but I would love to see orders/auras aswell. They would be a unique buff like ranger spirits but radiating from the necro and on a cooldown with a long duration and 600 radius? They should give decent uptime depending on the effect. They should in my eyes be something you can sustain with a 80-90% uptime or be low enough cooldown so they can be used whenever they are needed. Basically long durations with a similar cooldown or make duration and cooldown match but balance them so thakittens either risky to have them active all the time or they arent that strong when always up. I want something that can be useful throughout a dungeon and which benefits my team and makes people actually want to take a necro for these buffs.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I do really like the idea of offensive “buffs”. I think the rest could be changed depending on where they decide to go (long duration high uptime low effect vs low duration, low uptime strong effect), but I think Orders are a great way to buff support necros and still keep us in theme.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I have some I think are reasonable.

1) Moderate Blood & Death Magic tweaks.

2) Further refine/differentiate Axe and Dagger.

3) Let DS change somewhat based on what MH weapon you’re using. We don’t need separate forms if skills gain a decent amount of cohesion with the weapon you’re using.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Making DS change based on weapon is stepping on warriors class mechanic. Having multiple DS’s is stepping on eles class mechanic. Both are unrealistic and would be op.

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

Making DS change based on weapon is stepping on warriors class mechanic. Having multiple DS’s is stepping on eles class mechanic. Both are unrealistic and would be op.

How do you suppose making DS useful for all specs? I’d love to hear any sort of alternatives =D

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It already is, and has been useful to all builds.

Power builds get some of their strongest burst (minus WoC) from DS 1 spam using 30 in SR. Along with the only gap closer we have (DS 2), a decent AoE power ability (DS 4) a strong AoE immob (DS 5), and a fear (DS 3) to keep people off you if needed.

Condi builds have finally realized that DS is a huge part of their burst, with DS entry + DS 2->3->5->4 being massive burst (DS entry and 2+3 being a really integral part of bleed bursting).

Minion builds have the least use of DS (you lose your siphons), but it is still a really strong way to bunker down, and also has great control for minions, and if traited healing.

And that is, of course, on top of the defense anyone gets from DS.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

The idea of offensive boons is cool. Rangers have spirit buffs etc, so having some GOOD and exclusive necro boons that are aoe would be nice. I feel like our class is just very selfish and we can’t do much about it.

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

It already is, and has been useful to all builds.

Power builds get some of their strongest burst (minus WoC) from DS 1 spam using 30 in SR. Along with the only gap closer we have (DS 2), a decent AoE power ability (DS 4) a strong AoE immob (DS 5), and a fear (DS 3) to keep people off you if needed.

Condi builds have finally realized that DS is a huge part of their burst, with DS entry + DS 2->3->5->4 being massive burst (DS entry and 2+3 being a really integral part of bleed bursting).

Minion builds have the least use of DS (you lose your siphons), but it is still a really strong way to bunker down, and also has great control for minions, and if traited healing.

And that is, of course, on top of the defense anyone gets from DS.

How about well/lifesteal builds? You’re tanky enough out of DS, but using DS is a DPS downgrade compared to dagger. I really only use it to flash in for a quick dark path/doom or to eat a large hit. The other 90% of the time its useless. Even further so given the fact that lifesteal doesn’t work in DS.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well obviously DS cant work perfectly for every bad build. But even in those builds it will find its use in certain situations. Burst aoe, control, gap closer or escape. Plenty of amazing stuff you can do with DS regardless of build. DS doesnt need any more changes except maybe DS trait changes.

Necro’s need something special because at the moment being able to apply loads of different control conditions isnt enough to make it a decent class in pve. Give us a way to be an actual full on must pick for select situations to go much smoother and necro instantly becomes viable for speedclearing and optimized groups. Unique buffs like ranger spirits are probably the best way to do this outside of completely redesigning pve and making control conditions more useful. A cleave weapon could also help with this but it will only help with making necro’s more acceptable, they wont be picked over other classes with just better trash clearing.

I mention optimized groups because casual groups dont have any requirements and arent a good way to judge if a class is balanced. Its like saying necro is fine in pvp because necros are really popular/strong in hotjoin even though they are never taken by top teams (not the case anymore but you get the point). When balancing for pve the devs should take a look at optimized groups to judge what is needed. That doesnt mean excluding supporty buffs, they just need to be buffs which can be beneficial to dps groups and casual groups.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

Well obviously DS cant work perfectly for every bad build. But even in those builds it will find its use in certain situations. Burst aoe, control, gap closer or escape. Plenty of amazing stuff you can do with DS regardless of build. DS doesnt need any more changes except maybe DS trait changes. Necro’s need something special because at the moment being able to apply loads of different control conditions isnt enough to make it a decent class in pve.

Give 10/0/30/30/0 a try in soldiers gear, D/F (Force/Battle) + Staff (Battle) 4/6 Hoelbrak, 2/6 Strength then get back to me on my bad build. It works wonders for soloing camps in WvW and general PvE/dungeons.

(edited by Draehl.2681)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

How about well/lifesteal builds? You’re tanky enough out of DS, but using DS is a DPS downgrade compared to dagger. I really only use it to flash in for a quick dark path/doom or to eat a large hit. The other 90% of the time its useless. Even further so given the fact that lifesteal doesn’t work in DS.

It is still a defensive asset, you can still use the only gap closer and instant fear we have access to, and it still has AoE immob and AoE direct damage.

DS can’t be perfect for every single build, this is the case for every class; some are built off class mechanics, some get some use out of it, others get very little. But there is not a single Necro build that does not get decent use out of a second HP bar.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Give 10/0/30/30/0 a try in soldiers gear, D/F (Force/Battle) + Staff (Battle) 4/6 Hoelbrak, 2/6 Strength then get back to me on my bad build. It works wonders for soloing camps in WvW and general PvE/dungeons.

I dont need the crutch of defensive gear in pve but thanks. Ive solo’d wvw camps with my beserker build. Not that I do much WvW.

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

It is still a defensive asset, you can still use the only gap closer and instant fear we have access to, and it still has AoE immob and AoE direct damage.

DS can’t be perfect for every single build, this is the case for every class; some are built off class mechanics, some get some use out of it, others get very little. But there is not a single Necro build that does not get decent use out of a second HP bar.

You’re essentially admitting its a problem, but because its a problem for other classes we should all just deal with it? That’s a cop out.

It would be one thing if the other four trees got less use than Soul Reaping did. But as a class mechanic it should have more baseline use for all specs. Be it damage, stronger shroud flashing effects, or a way to at least further spec into it for defensive uses.

Where’s the trait to let lifesteal work in DS?
Where’s the trait to take less damage in DS?
Where’s even a modest increased to Deathly Invigoration to make support more viable?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its very good for all builds. Just learn to use it properly for your build…. Healing in ds is a change most of us have wanted for a while and we may get it eventually. And i already mentioned DS traits could be changed/improved so that includes traits like deathly invigoration. None of those problems you mentioned warrant a complete redesign of DS, they just require some minor tweaks/fixes to traits and mechanics.

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

I dont need the crutch of defensive gear in pve but thanks. Ive solo’d wvw camps with my beserker build. Not that I do much WvW.

Maybe I’m just cranky tonight. I read this post and wanted to on a ‘zerker gear rant about PvE, and eventually ending with Liandri’s blatant discrimination against tanky builds. Instead I’ll just get off the forums =D

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You’re essentially admitting its a problem, but because its a problem for other classes we should all just deal with it? That’s a cop out.

It would be one thing if the other four trees got less use than Soul Reaping did. But as a class mechanic it should have more baseline use for all specs. Be it damage, stronger shroud flashing effects, or a way to at least further spec into it for defensive uses.

Where’s the trait to let lifesteal work in DS?
Where’s the trait to take less damage in DS?
Where’s even a modest increased to Deathly Invigoration to make support more viable?

I never said it was a problem, its just a fact. A build that specifically takes a bunch of DS traits will have a stronger use for DS than others (GASP). A build that doesn’t take a single DS trait, has a lot of out-of-DS survivability, will not have as much use. That is going to be true for 100% of classes; a shatter build has vastly more use for shatter than a build with no shatter traits. A support thief build with all the steal traits or the P/D perma stealth build will have more use for steal/stealth than an S/D build. Those are just examples (hell they might even be bad ones, I don’t play those classes) but I think they make the point; a build that focuses on the class mechanic will always get more use out of it than a class that doesn’t, or even builds against it.

You listed a very specific build that gets less use of DS than others. That does not mean they should go through and try to balance DS to your build, it just means you chose not to take advantage of DS.

To the other stuff, I’d actually love if they changed things around a bit and made a new Grandmaster Blood Magic trait that made all our trait siphons work through DS.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

If I stick around long enough, I would like to see skills that actually relate to necromancy, and a cleave for dagger.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rockas.4123

Rockas.4123

I want:
(Name) Give suggestions for name.
Stab yourself to gain 10%/20%/50% Life Force.
Self Damage: 15% of current amount of Health.
Inflict Bleeding and Weakness on yourself.

How does that sound?

;)

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I want:
(Name) Give suggestions for name.
Stab yourself to gain 10%/20%/50% Life Force.
Self Damage: 15% of current amount of Health.
Inflict Bleeding and Weakness on yourself.

How does that sound?

;)

Well , it will be bad unless Anet give us the ability to heal our selves while in DS ( LS )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Who wants to go to arah anymore?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

6-10 on DS?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Who wants to go to arah anymore?

Arah is fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I want a melee scythe. That is all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I want a melee scythe. That is all.

Or… turn our staff into a melee weapon

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Okay let’s say that necro somehow gets the great sword how about the number 3 skill be similar to the mesmers sword spike and instead summons a blood-hand that traps and holds the character for 5 seconds allowing the necro to move in close and damage the rest of the great sword skills.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Bring back Well of the Profane as an elite well. I would be extremely content with that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Bring back Well of the Profane as an elite well. I would be extremely content with that.

So just well of corruption we have now on steroids? How about a additional 66% healing reduction (that obviously shouldnt work on life siphons from other necros).

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So just well of corruption we have now on steroids? How about a additional 66% healing reduction (that obviously shouldnt work on life siphons from other necros).

Well of the Profane was just stripping, really. I was thinking a debuff that reduced incoming boon duration by 100% (like how Beserker’s Stance is SUPPOSED to work with conditions). The one concern there would be that it totally destroys non-necro bunkers and pretty much has no other use (other than WvW).

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Order_of_Pain
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Order_of_Apostasy
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Vampire

All of these can translate very easily to group unique buffs in gw2. Percentage damage increase, boon stripping/vuln on hit/crit and life steal on hit for 5 allies within range of the necro.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Well of the Profane was just stripping, really. I was thinking a debuff that reduced incoming boon duration by 100% (like how Beserker’s Stance is SUPPOSED to work with conditions). The one concern there would be that it totally destroys non-necro bunkers and pretty much has no other use (other than WvW).

Yeah i know thats why i said so you just want WoC on steroids (since, really noone cares about the damage woc does if your mark of blood does the same if you include the cond damage…), thus my suggestion, adding a healing reduction so that it totally negates some bosses cheeze mechanics (like yay condi eating golem, yay 40 “i am a RAT MAN” all with prot, regen and retal, etc).

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Not a bad idea on the healing reduction. It would need something more than just the pulsing anti-boon to be good in more than just PvP.

I’m a Geeleiver