Someone test minions in pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I’m sorely busy today but cannot stop thinking about this minion change. I’m thinking of dropping wells and picking up minions for dungeons. Spite, death magic,…. blood or soul? Ahh the possibilities….
I hope someone has time for testing od love to drop wells for minion and especially lich form

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Lots of us tested minions, yesterday and today. They are a lot more responsive. You should give them a try.

in Necromancer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I just soloed AC and CM story mode with minions. My health was at 100% most time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Yeah, a lot better from before.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Before: Behold! My army of the undead…daisy….pickers…

Now: Flesh golem! That centaur just took your daisy! (Hears blood curdling cries) (O_O)’ ….note to self, don’t take flesh golem’s daisy.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Azure.8670

I just gave it a quick 20 min try and holy smokes and arrows, that’s some damage. The condi rip and focused dps, I may actually use this from now on

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I’d still rather use wells for the initial burst and also because minions mess up aggro sometimes. I mean for groups ofc.

in Necromancer

Azure.8670

I’m going to do some frac runs tn and see how it plays out

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Minions have a way of kittening off groups that are trying to skip/not get put in combat or messing up boss bugging strategies like rooting the ooze in thaumanova so it doesn’t eat the guy, rendering the boss unable to do anything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Minions would be pretty if the game had normal dungeons, rather than skipping and exploiting everything. Pets kinda suck with that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They’re extremely easy to use, it makes dungeons basically brainless, but they aren’t optimal most likely.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

The main problems minions had of not attacking targets and not surviving are basically non issues. MOST fights, it’ll just be one bone minion that dies and everything else will have 100% uptime. Fractals are a different story, you would never take minions into grawl shaman or mai trin or archdiviner or whatever else because the minions die pretty much instantly in there.

Minions are a problem in skipping sections, but this can be alleviated by just swapping the skills out for those sections which kills the minions. Little bit of extra effort.

Most of the sections where you pull mobs around a corner are not a problem, you just have to learn how minions work. As long as you don’t target anything, they won’t attack anything, and the mob being pulled should ignore them until you and your minions start attacking.

Big upside to this is that minion necro carries two or three blast finishers on their utility bar, popping those rats before a fight isn’t a bad idea.

Overall, dungeon minionmancer is viable. It’s not optimal in all situations. For the situations in which the minions can stay alive and not cause problems, we need the calculator boys to get on that and work out what the DPS is and compare it to the meta wells setup.

(edited by Tobias.8632)

in Necromancer

Azure.8670

The main problems minions had of not attacking targets and not surviving are basically non issues. MOST fights, it’ll just be one bone minion that dies and everything else will have 100% uptime. Fractals are a different story, you would never take minions into grawl shaman or mai trin or archdiviner or whatever else because the minions die pretty much instantly in there.

Minions are a problem in skipping sections, but this can be alleviated by just swapping the skills out for those sections which kills the minions. Little bit of extra effort.

Most of the sections where you pull mobs around a corner are not a problem, you just have to learn how minions work. As long as you don’t target anything, they won’t attack anything, and the mob being pulled should ignore them until you and your minions start attacking.

Big upside to this is that minion necro carries two or three blast finishers on their utility bar, popping those rats before a fight isn’t a bad idea.

Overall, dungeon minionmancer is viable. It’s not optimal in all situations. For the situations in which the minions can stay alive and not cause problems, we need the calculator boys to get on that and work out what the DPS is and compare it to the meta wells setup.

Agreed. The dps is def higher than the well set up. I did Coe and frac 30 and absolutely crushed. Will run more tmrw

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

You could also just switch from flesh of the master to sth. else and back; also kills le minions.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

Minions would be pretty if the game had normal dungeons, rather than skipping and exploiting everything. Pets kinda suck with that.

Then don’t skip. Dungeon runs with my guild don’t skip stuff so rangers and MM necros are rarely a nuisance. Seriously, it’s still fun that way.

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Then don’t skip. Dungeon runs with my guild don’t skip stuff so rangers and MM necros are rarely a nuisance. Seriously, it’s still fun that way.

Indeed, and most of the time it only tacks a few more minutes onto the run. The worst place though is probably the priestess of dwayna in Arah though, because of the Sparks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lets see videos with 5 MM necros doing dungeon paths, lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

Vamos! I’m gonna present that notion to my guild. There’s a lot of cooky necros in there. :P Hmmm, but I wonder who can record it. My computer sucks for that.

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its not PvE, but we did 2 man roaming with MM Necros. Not so easy to test minions when most people run away

Against zergs it obviously sucks, but their behaviour is definetly vastly improved, they actually attack things.

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Its not PvE, but we did 2 man roaming with MM Necros. Not so easy to test minions when most people run away

Against zergs it obviously sucks, but their behaviour is definetly vastly improved, they actually attack things.

Ahahaha, yeah that’ll happen. I did some testing with Condi MM and it worked pretty well, though I want to go down Bawb’s cleric route. Only trouble I had was with a diamond skin Ele and of course when I got ganged up on by a Mesmer bank squad….oi can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I found two things I hate more than thieves now. -_-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Mesmer is basically a hard counter to MM, Thief on the other hand is generally ez mode, though if they’re smart they’ll never die to you in WvW. And Ele is just OP.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mesmer hardcounters necro in general, which wouldn’t be so bad if we weren’t stuck with really crappy heals with long cast times and several attacks that also have long cast times for crappy returns.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Did that a bunch of times ages ago, it’s funny, the minions fill up the target cap on boss attacks so most of them don’t even take damage.

Except for lupi, his aoe life siphon has no target cap, when he uses that on 30 minions he restores like half his health.